ImageImageImage

Game 61: GS Warriors (12-47) @ Phoenix Suns (24-36)

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Your favorite players from a decade earlier.

Amare
23%
Nash
41%
Diaw
4%
Hill
6%
J. Johnson
1%
Marion
10%
Raja
8%
J- Rich
1%
Barbosa
3%
Dragic
4%

Total votes: 79

LesGrossman
Head Coach
And1: 4,114

Re: Game 61: GS Warriors (12-47) @ Phoenix Suns (24-36) 

Post#241 » by LesGrossman » Sun Mar 1, 2020 7:02 pm

sunsbg wrote:
LesGrossman wrote:
sunsbg wrote:
Booker was playing just fine for 3qtrs and started chucking in the 4th 10pts down after nobody else could hit a shot and Okobo and Saric were unable to inbound a ball, which play ended in half-court violation. The team defense was atrocious for 4 qtrs though.

You'll be on anti-depressants if Rubio was playing on the Rockets with Harden.

What i wrote had nothing to do with Rubio. He could be somewhere else and these points would still be the main issue the Suns have. If you think he played "just fine" then thats your opinion, good for you. Do you think he also played "just fine" since all star break? My point is that he either gets the ball all the time every time, or does nothing useful and acts like its not even his business; and Monty allows that.

Harden is a guy who leads his franchise into the post season, he has a valid cause to demand the ball in his hands because he is a generational talent at iso ball. Do you seriously now compare Booker to Harden?

I doubt you have even watched the game if you don't agree Booker played "just fine" in the beginning of the game. 10/17 vs Pistons is also not that bad. He may not be on their level, but compared to Harden and Tatum, Booker is the ultimate team player. If you don't believe go and watch their last game.

Of course i watch the games. And that is why i dont solely argue using numbers to make my point. I talk about engagement, body language, energy, non verbal signals. Booker is and has been a master at putting up great numbers in lost games. Proves absolutely nothing...in the games since all star weekend i see the ball more in other people's hands and i see Booker demonstrating lack of interest if he isnt the main focus.

In order to help this team to win, Booker needs to completely overhaul his style and this has to be lead and directed by the choach. He has to learn to play off the ball, much more like Ray Allen or Reggie Miller or Fip Hamilton or Klay Thompson, and be a lot more decisive once he catches the ball. He has to get rid of the hesitation and isolation and post up stuff simply because he sucks at that, while being elite as a shooter and finisher WHEN and IF he does catch and go. I'd also much rather see him take a ton of shots than trying to be a playmaker and forcing passes. The team has to work for the best shot and if they can get an open Booker catch-and-shoot midrange or three, theres very little i'd consider better. Certainly not passing to Ayton when he is already guarded by two or three people.

He has to let other guys handle the offense and hit him at the exact right moment. Wether thats Rubio or some other point guard is secondary. He also has to massively up his defensive effort, not just stand around pretending to defend just to watch the other guy score without any resistance LeBron style.
Pray for Israel
Peace in Jerusalem

Fan of the game of Basketball, no matter the team, league or players. Opposed to all sorts of person cult and show/entertainment/marketing over substance.
handsome salary
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,095

Post#242 » by handsome salary » Mon Mar 2, 2020 2:52 am

SunsRback4Good wrote:
STEV13 wrote:Man I love Book but he’s making me doubt that he’s a team player these past few games. Something’s up

This is the first year I became more aggravated with him and realized he wont lead us anywhere other than multiple first round playoff exits..

With Booker as the unquestioned leader of the Suns don't worry about first round exits. Those teams will never make the playoffs. Like now.
King Ken
General Manager
And1: 5,375

Post#243 » by King Ken » Mon Mar 2, 2020 4:03 am

RussellandFlow wrote:Now that he has his contract and made the All star team I have a feeling Booker is going to try and force his way to Minnesota this summer to join his pals Russell and Towns.

In 2k, Minny had the 2nd overall pick, traded it for Devin Booker and Phoenix took Anthony Edwards. In 7 years, Minny only made the playoffs once. Elite offense but horrendous defense. Phoenix by year 2 were in the playoffs every year and contenders in year 3 of Edwards. By 2k standards, it worked
DirtyDez
Suns Forum College Scout
And1: 6,310

Post#244 » by DirtyDez » Mon Mar 2, 2020 4:33 am

RussellandFlow wrote:Now that he has his contract and made the All star team I have a feeling Booker is going to try and force his way to Minnesota this summer to join his pals Russell and Towns.

Booker, Towns and Russell equal one prime KG so it’d be very familiar to them.
fromthetop321 wrote:I got Lebron number 1, he is also leading defensive player of the year. Curry's game still reminds me of Jeremy Lin to much.
Crives
General Manager
And1: 7,054

Post#245 » by Crives » Mon Mar 2, 2020 4:45 am

Still can’t believe these last two games.. we would be right in the playoff hunt if we didn’t lose to teams filled with G-League talent
RunDogGun
No Sham, More Cam
And1: 5,437

Post#246 » by RunDogGun » Mon Mar 2, 2020 3:41 pm

So we lost two games that we should have won. While losing Oubre is tough, the starting line up shouldn't be. Start Cam, and bring Saric off the bench. Lets get back to having our best working unit to start a game, instead of waiting to finish the quarters with that line up. I am a bit pissed that Monty didn't learn from the past mistake, where he waited multiple games to start Bridges and Oubre as our forwards. These two losses are on Monty.
grumpysaddle
RealGM
And1: 13,911

Post#247 » by grumpysaddle » Mon Mar 2, 2020 11:34 pm

Suns at home are so bad. Like bottom of the league bad. You'd think a 6 game homestand would be good, but I bet those two losses are wins on the road. How is a team so much worse at home?

Return to Phoenix Suns