ImageImageImage

Game 62: Toronto Raptors (42-18) @ Phoenix Suns (24-37)

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

How far will Raptors go in playoffs?.

Exits 1st Round
4%
Exits 2nd Round
29%
Loses ECF
54%
Loses NBA Finals
No votes
Wins it all
13%

Total votes: 24

ATTL
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,483

Re: Game 62: Toronto Raptors (42-18) @ Phoenix Suns (24-37) 

Post#121 » by ATTL » Wed Mar 4, 2020 4:49 am

Ayton has a great February and the [redacted] fans are quiet. Struggled against defending champions and hes the worst player on the team.
Jdiddy701
RealGM
And1: 6,542

Post#122 » by Jdiddy701 » Wed Mar 4, 2020 4:52 am

ATTL wrote:Ayton has a great February and the [redacted] fans are quiet. Struggled against defending champions and hes the worst player on the team.

He played well vs bad teams with zero centers. A majority of his buckets come from easy points. His defense has improved tremendously but I’d swing a trade for him if one was available. Not sure why a team would want him though. I’m just being honest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DroughtsOverPHX
Junior
And1: 357

Post#123 » by DroughtsOverPHX » Wed Mar 4, 2020 4:54 am

I would not be surprised if Ayton is done for the year. It' didn't look bad and even EJ thought he should walk it off but our luck says he will be out awhile. I'm not convinced the problem with this team is lack of good players around Ayton and Booker. The amount of clear path to the basket layups was crazy and they are a big part of our horrible d.
ATTL
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,483

Post#124 » by ATTL » Wed Mar 4, 2020 4:58 am

Maybe we can trade ayton for Jarett Allen? Julius Randle? Jarett Culver? Derrick Jones Jr and picks? Vucevic? Jonas Valanciunas? Knox? Hachimura?
Mjee
Starter
And1: 2,160

Post#125 » by Mjee » Wed Mar 4, 2020 4:58 am

ATTL wrote:Ayton has a great February and the [redacted] fans are quiet. Struggled against defending champions and hes the worst player on the team.

He just played like complete ass tonight

You expect you #1 pick to be a game changer ...

He’s majorly impacted maybe 8-9 games this season

People are also pissed that two other guys in his draft class are Stone cold superstars ...

Will Ayton ever make an all star game !??? Probably not but maybe

It is just sad being a suns fan ... and I am coming to the realization that next year we won’t even come close to the playoffs with Portland, Memphis, NOLA, San Antonio with better squads ....

Regardless when are we making the playoffs ... 2027!!! Sucks man ... I am sad
darealjuice
Suns Forum Future All Star
And1: 8,784

Post#126 » by darealjuice » Wed Mar 4, 2020 5:10 am

Read on Twitter

Ayton on crutches after the game. You can stick a fork in this cursed season.
Kerrsed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,578

Post#127 » by Kerrsed » Wed Mar 4, 2020 5:15 am

Its #DUMPSTERFIRE SEASON! #TeamTRAINWRECK -KERRSED- The Mod, The Myth, The Legend
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,637

Post#128 » by lilfishi22 » Wed Mar 4, 2020 5:20 am

Rough season we've had with injuries
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,469

Post#129 » by bwgood77 » Wed Mar 4, 2020 5:25 am

Jdiddy701 wrote:I would be surprised if Devin Booker is still with the Suns next season. He’s checked out. Never seen him like this. The Suns are in a bad spot going forward.

If so, time to deal him.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#130 » by bwgood77 » Wed Mar 4, 2020 5:27 am

Yeah, he's the best hope our team has had in a young guy in almost 20 years and is improving at a rapid pace, in ways that matter.
Jdiddy701
RealGM

Post#131 » by Jdiddy701 » Wed Mar 4, 2020 5:33 am

bwgood77 wrote:

Yeah, he's the best hope our team has had in a young guy in almost 20 years and is improving at a rapid pace, in ways that matter.

I guess what Devin Booker has done for the Suns means nothing. Too bad he’s played with a bunch of terrible players with 5 different coaches. It’s a shame some Suns fans don’t value him. Honestly, i think everyone on this board would be checked out too when you think of EVERYTHING he’s had to deal with in Phoenix.

lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,637

Post#132 » by lilfishi22 » Wed Mar 4, 2020 5:39 am

bwgood77 wrote:

That's key. The way Ayton is improving, he'll never be a liability anywhere on the court. Unlike other young stars like Booker and Trae who will likely always be a liability defensively.
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#133 » by bwgood77 » Wed Mar 4, 2020 5:42 am

Jdiddy701 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

I guess what Devin Booker has done for the Suns means nothing. Too bad he’s played with a bunch of terrible players with 5 different coaches. It’s a shame some Suns fans don’t value him. Honestly, i think everyone on this board would be checked out too when you think of EVERYTHING he’s had to deal with in Phoenix.

Devin Booker hasn't done **** for the Suns. What are you talking about? Yes, all of our players have played with a lot of coaches. He still hasn't done anything meaningful when it comes to helping a team win. It's amazing how long people can be Booker apologists and assume he is some sort of star. He has some nice skills but he's not the guy that would ever take this team anywhere.

I know a lot of people would follow Booker to another team because they are bigger Booker fans than fans of team winning basketball, but I just want to have a winning team. Not some guy to root for and hope he scores a bunch of points each night so he can stack up individual accomplishments. I've just never cared about that unless they are accomplished while a team is doing great things.
Jdiddy701
RealGM

Post#134 » by Jdiddy701 » Wed Mar 4, 2020 6:02 am

bwgood77 wrote:
Jdiddy701 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

Devin Booker hasn't done **** for the Suns. What are you talking about? Yes, all of our players have played with a lot of coaches. He still hasn't done anything meaningful when it comes to helping a team win. It's amazing how long people can be Booker apologists and assume he is some sort of star. He has some nice skills but he's not the guy that would ever take this team anywhere.

I know a lot of people would follow Booker to another team because they are bigger Booker fans than fans of team winning basketball, but I just want to have a winning team. Not some guy to root for and hope he scores a bunch of points each night so he can stack up individual accomplishments. I've just never cared about that unless they are accomplished while a team is doing great things.

“All of our players have played with a bunch of coaches” who???? There’s been a revolving door of players in Phoenix for Booker’s entire career in Phoenix.

Devin Booker has had the most teammates than any player in the league the last 5 years... many of those players are out of the league or fighting to make a roster on another team. Who was our PG last year? Let me guess, Devin’s fault! The Suns have done an awful job getting Booker help since he’s been in the league. Putting blame on Booker is ludicrous. I’m a Suns fan before a Booker fan. I respect the hell outta him for keeping his mouth shut. If you think he’s been set up to succeed, I’m confused as hell.

bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#135 » by bwgood77 » Wed Mar 4, 2020 6:18 am

Jdiddy701 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Jdiddy701 wrote:I guess what Devin Booker has done for the Suns means nothing. Too bad he’s played with a bunch of terrible players with 5 different coaches. It’s a shame some Suns fans don’t value him. Honestly, i think everyone on this board would be checked out too when you think of EVERYTHING he’s had to deal with in Phoenix.

“All of our players have played with a bunch of coaches” who???? There’s been a revolving door of players in Phoenix for Booker’s entire career in Phoenix.

Devin Booker has had the most teammates than any player in the league the last 5 years... many of those players are out of the league or fighting to make a roster on another team. Who was our PG last year? Let me guess, Devin’s fault! The Suns have done an awful job getting Booker help since he’s been in the league. Putting blame on Booker is ludicrous. I’m a Suns fan before a Booker fan. I respect the hell outta him for keeping his mouth shut. If you think he’s been set up to succeed, I’m confused as hell.

He's not been set up to succeed, nor have any other players we've drafted. He's talented. He also has flaws. But he's not the type of guy the team can cater around every year for years on end if he is being part of the solution to winning.

I am not necessarily on a "trade Booker" train, but this year, he has had fairly decent talent around him. He obviously looked like our best player for a few years, and he is accustomed to being that guy, but when he has vets who have been in the playoffs around him, along with some talented young players, he doesn't always play the team oriented basketball needed to win. He has gotten better with that, and I hope it continues, but if the team continues to falter, I don't think he can continue to be absolved of all blame.
hollywood6964
Analyst
And1: 1,397

Post#136 » by hollywood6964 » Wed Mar 4, 2020 7:59 am

bwgood77 wrote:
Jdiddy701 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

Bw is that you? Or did I hijack your account.....
LesGrossman
Head Coach
And1: 4,114

Post#137 » by LesGrossman » Wed Mar 4, 2020 8:43 am

I think Saric had a great game even if the numbers dont show for it. Booker tried to be part of the whole in the first half,so obviously stuff is going on in the locker room.
Pray for Israel
Peace in Jerusalem

Fan of the game of Basketball, no matter the team, league or players. Opposed to all sorts of person cult and show/entertainment/marketing over substance.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,424

Post#138 » by Revived » Wed Mar 4, 2020 9:01 am

Mjee wrote:Will Ayton ever make an all star game !??? Probably not but maybe

Will Booker ever make an All Star game again? Don’t forget that Curry/Thompson return next season plus young guns like Morant are improving rapidly and leading their teams to success unlike Booker.
sunsbg
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,041

Post#139 » by sunsbg » Wed Mar 4, 2020 11:01 am

Biggest problem of this team is obviously D. Watching recently the Heat stop both Luka and Giannis, while every scrub is looking like a star playing us, is embarrassing. Below play was pure comedy. Okobo was terrible defending Powell.

https://youtu.be/Z5uMOifMA6I?t=136

Need to practice this play more. Being able to feed Ayton without turning it over is a key for the future.

https://youtu.be/Z5uMOifMA6I?t=180
sunsbum
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,723

Post#140 » by sunsbum » Wed Mar 4, 2020 12:50 pm

man. I just bought tickets to the blazers/suns. now no Ayton? fudge.
Flex is now your father.

Return to Phoenix Suns