ImageImageImage

Game 63: Portland Blazers (28-35) @ Phoenix Suns (24-38)

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,811

Re: Game 63: Portland Blazers (28-35) @ Phoenix Suns (24-38) 

Post#61 » by Saberestar » Sat Mar 7, 2020 12:11 pm

STEV13 wrote:Elie is trash

He is so bad that is not even funny anymore.

I do not know why he is not in the G-League. Just play Carter all the backup PG minutes.
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,811

Post#62 » by Saberestar » Sat Mar 7, 2020 12:25 pm

sasquatchBob wrote:I didn't watch the game but Baynes 37 points? Wtf happened? And it's also against Whiteside who's a pretty good defender. I would say that I hope he's maybe getting back to the start of the season 3 percentages but then again I don't believe it. If Baynes shoots a 3, it's a brick. Happy for the outcome tho.

That is why pure Cs are not effective in the NBA anymore.

Whiteside is a terrific finisher, rebounder and shot blocker, but he really does not help to win games. Five out offense makes him useless out there.

The Houston Rockets are an extreme, but I think they are right about playing with Tucker at C over Capela.

The rules are the rules, and in this current NBA is way better to play five out offense everytime, the game is soft and you can not take advantage around the paint with big guys.

That is why I am bothered a bit about Ayton. I like him and his improvement is there, but I am not sure about playing all the time with a pure C as him ok the court.

Players like Marc Gasol or Porzingis give their team great defense at C and 3p shooting and passing ability. So much space.

I need to say that I would prefer to play with a C like that over Ayton...but it is already done and we need to make things work with Ayton.
LesGrossman
Head Coach
And1: 4,114

Post#63 » by LesGrossman » Sat Mar 7, 2020 1:57 pm

What stood out for me was the difference in speed when Booker initiates the offense as opposed to Rubio, or Bridges for example. The beautiful run in the beginning was the result of super fast offense with long passes and quick decisive moves and finishes. Booker as one of the youngest guys on the team brings the ball up like a senior league recreational team's point guard. That way the defense can set up and match up and the whole offense comes much harder to the team. +/- in this game shows how much that disruption hurts the suns' offense, and it would be something that could very quickly be fixed. When booker runs without the ball he is among the fastest guys out there and when he catches in stride he is deadly at finishing, so i'm not sure why he would slow down, dribble the air out of the ball, dribble backwards and so on. Its almost as if he enjoys the camera "on ball" time.
Pray for Israel
Peace in Jerusalem

Fan of the game of Basketball, no matter the team, league or players. Opposed to all sorts of person cult and show/entertainment/marketing over substance.
Fo-Real
General Manager
And1: 4,911

Post#64 » by Fo-Real » Sat Mar 7, 2020 2:43 pm

STEV13 wrote:Elie is trash

Shout it from the rafters!!! Said last year that NEITHER Ellie or Melton will ever be good basketball players and its STILL HOLDING!!! Got some flack over that and Im a little salty still!!! Im not gonna toot my own horn too hard, If this was key and Peele and I was McCringleberry, I would only give you guys 2 PUMPS!!!!................................(half pump) DAMNIT!! No, I DIDNT!!
minami
Senior
And1: 514

Post#65 » by minami » Sat Mar 7, 2020 4:05 pm

darealjuice wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
minami wrote:I don´t watch the Suns that often lately, but every time I look at the boxscore Rubio´s +/- is significantly better than Booker´s for some reason. Last time (right now) is +37 for Rubio, +4 for Booker, and this can´t be a coincidence.

Our team plays a lot better with Rubio running things than with Booker. But it plays best when both of them are playing cohesively together.

Rubio definitely gets things running smoother, but I’m sure Booker staying on with Okobo when he subs in for Rubio also accounts for some of the +/- differential. Okobo is terrible.

Of course, +/- never tells the whole story and I didn´t even watch the game, but still Booker at -3 (Okobo or not) doesn´t look good against the other starters. I should have to back this feeling with a wider range of data though, so take my comment with a pinch of salt.

*Booker´s good numbers at 23/5/12 don´t tell the whole story either...
denial
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,014

Post#66 » by denial » Sat Mar 7, 2020 4:55 pm

ATTL wrote:This is the most dead thread we've had in awhile. Cant say I blame anyone for skipping it.

I didn't watch the game (I had it on but my back was turned. I thought it was like q2. Turned around and it was postgame).
But admit I'd basically given up on the season.

Googled it. Saw the baynes chatter. And rewatched the game on hulu.

We started out the season playing really good basketball. The glaring difference from that time was the Baynes 3. It changes everything. When Baynes came back from injury he has shot terrible ever since. If this game wasn't a fluke and he is back to early season form, I'd expect us to start playing good again. Add Cam's shooting and it makes it hard to guard. I'm an eternal optimist but had been losing hope of even being competitive as I assumed we threw in the towel. This gives me a tiny glimmer. Of course he was wide open for most of these shots so maybe it was just bad perimeter D. That step back though.

On a side note I just stumbled onto BaynesFanClub on twitter and its hilarious.
jcsunsfan
Head Coach
And1: 4,822

Post#67 » by jcsunsfan » Sat Mar 7, 2020 6:30 pm

ATTL wrote:Remember when baynes was playing well? It feels like it was years ago.

I don't know. Seem like a few hours ago.

:D
KLEON
Analyst
And1: 1,947

Post#68 » by KLEON » Sat Mar 7, 2020 6:42 pm

Saberestar wrote:
sasquatchBob wrote:I didn't watch the game but Baynes 37 points? Wtf happened? And it's also against Whiteside who's a pretty good defender. I would say that I hope he's maybe getting back to the start of the season 3 percentages but then again I don't believe it. If Baynes shoots a 3, it's a brick. Happy for the outcome tho.

That is why pure Cs are not effective in the NBA anymore.

Whiteside is a terrific finisher, rebounder and shot blocker, but he really does not help to win games. Five out offense makes him useless out there.

The Houston Rockets are an extreme, but I think they are right about playing with Tucker at C over Capela.

The rules are the rules, and in this current NBA is way better to play five out offense everytime, the game is soft and you can not take advantage around the paint with big guys.

That is why I am bothered a bit about Ayton. I like him and his improvement is there, but I am not sure about playing all the time with a pure C as him ok the court.

Players like Marc Gasol or Porzingis give their team great defense at C and 3p shooting and passing ability. So much space.

I need to say that I would prefer to play with a C like that over Ayton...but it is already done and we need to make things work with Ayton.

The Rockets could use Baynes right about now :lol:
ATTL
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,482

Post#69 » by ATTL » Sun Mar 8, 2020 3:03 am

Read on Twitter
?s=19

Return to Phoenix Suns