ImageImageImage

NBA suspended indefinitely.

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22, Kerrsed

User avatar
Frank Lee
RealGM
Posts: 10,364
And1: 4,626
Joined: Nov 07, 2006

Re: NBA suspended indefinitely. 

Post#141 » by Frank Lee » Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:46 am

Ha... true to form... dissent gets labeled a 'liberal'. Feather your cap however you want. This isnt political with me... this is a complete lack of trust and belief in this administration, IE the T-Rump. He's consistently Sh!+canned good talent around him if they disagreed. A staff of yes men doesnt make for a good exchange of ideas and limits the outcomes. They just werent ready for this, when they should have been, and could have been. Heck, he just rated himself a '10' on their performance so far.

Also to purport anyone knows true statistical numbers is a fallacy, they are estimated at best. Who is getting tested? Who wants to be quarantined? Who is getting low to virtually no symptoms but is still carrying? The #'s are grossly misrepresented, and to purport them as fact IS SPREADING MISINFORMATION. I've done nothing of the sort. We'll have to see how this ends up to even be close on the educated estimates.


So... what do we believe then ? Nobody's data?

Here's a quick article on data
https://ourworldindata.org/covid-testing

and one on South Korea's response...
https://www.euractiv.com/section/coronavirus/news/commitment-transparency-pay-off-as-south-korea-limits-covid-19-spread/

Its just a shame, when we have a president who says 'we have this virus tremendously under control' and then is followed 5 minutes later, at the same damn podium, by the 'expert' who says the worst is yet to come.


You row on one side of the canoe, you go in circles.
What ? Me Worry ?
hollywood6964
Analyst
Posts: 3,299
And1: 1,396
Joined: Jul 14, 2015

Re: NBA suspended indefinitely. 

Post#142 » by hollywood6964 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:27 am

Frank Lee wrote:Ha... true to form... dissent gets labeled a 'liberal'. Feather your cap however you want. This isnt political with me... this is a complete lack of trust and belief in this administration, IE the T-Rump. He's consistently Sh!+canned good talent around him if they disagreed. A staff of yes men doesnt make for a good exchange of ideas and limits the outcomes. They just werent ready for this, when they should have been, and could have been. Heck, he just rated himself a '10' on their performance so far.

Also to purport anyone knows true statistical numbers is a fallacy, they are estimated at best. Who is getting tested? Who wants to be quarantined? Who is getting low to virtually no symptoms but is still carrying? The #'s are grossly misrepresented, and to purport them as fact IS SPREADING MISINFORMATION. I've done nothing of the sort. We'll have to see how this ends up to even be close on the educated estimates.


So... what do we believe then ? Nobody's data?

Here's a quick article on data
https://ourworldindata.org/covid-testing

and one on South Korea's response...
https://www.euractiv.com/section/coronavirus/news/commitment-transparency-pay-off-as-south-korea-limits-covid-19-spread/

Its just a shame, when we have a president who says 'we have this virus tremendously under control' and then is followed 5 minutes later, at the same damn podium, by the 'expert' who says the worst is yet to come.


You row on one side of the canoe, you go in circles.

Oh the old switch a roo haha. Not working. This has been consistently political, and if anyone can complain about dissent being labeled here, it'd be I. I'm calling it as I see it. So put the feather where you want it. Wide open come back for you.

Anyways. About the #'s. I just don't think we have them. For the reasons many people, including the man in the video and myself have suggested. It's completely, incomplete. There's nothing wrong with saying that.

Exactly my point. when I row in a boat, it's in the middle, which is where my loyalty is- making sense. Trump says some buffoon like things, and so do republicans. And democrats have their mouth full of it as well, which is why I don't identify with either.

The fact is we won't know how to what severity this has been over-hyped by the mass media and lunatics hive minding in grocery stores and in generally dealings with each other until a little later on. Like I said, I think it'll end up being a fair bit.

One thing we have in common is elderly we we're worrying about. I have grandparents that I'd rather see stay in, and that I'll stave off from visiting in the next couple weeks. As much as I'm not a hypochondriac about this, certain measures are taken.
hollywood6964
Analyst
Posts: 3,299
And1: 1,396
Joined: Jul 14, 2015

Re: NBA suspended indefinitely. 

Post#143 » by hollywood6964 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:37 am

MrMiyagi wrote:
hollywood6964 wrote:
Frank Lee wrote:HWood.... take note on Miyag'is post above...

as for me and my plan / opinion ?

I think it should have been taken more seriously from the beginning, from the top down. Perhaps thats where the Global Pamdemic Response Team could have been very beneficial. You have to admit it was downplayed. The confusion of severity contributed to the public semi-hysteria. The reports from abroad confirmed the suspicions it was indeed serious. Then it certainly didnt help when the Trumpet is/was mugging up his pressers. That one at the CDC was just a beaut and reconfirmed to all of his non supporters that we very well could be woefully under prepared. When he followed that with a 'non answer dodgy not my fault' answer to the 'nasty NPR question' ... well, it looked like his khakis were at his knees. His zombie monotone prompter address iced it for me. So when you say over blown, I think, at least with me, its more so lack of confidence in the Blowharder in Chief.


so, I'm going with the ShanFit expectations and hope for the best..... seems like the only thing that may slow this down is a quickly rushed through vaccine. Saw a report that 10 days ago, Italy had 250 cases...and now they have 25K. Its hard to say how widespread it is here, as we have been most slack on testing. I suppose that's where the big bungle was. And we are much too arrogant to adopt a working model like in SKorea. We're just going to have to let nature run its course.

I don't note it. Mostly because it's sarcastic in nature and wishes to have it both ways for "doubters" to be wrong.
If it gets real bad- see, you were all wrong and we were right!
If it doesn't and the #'s end up looking like a bad flu bug going around (yes people die, A LOT in # per year, especially a bad year, low in %), then it's, see we we still right! It's because the mighty band together and took extra isolate precautions, THAT'S the only reason why you looked right! But weren't!

It's a silly premise that I don't acknowledge. I don't due to the fact the no middle ground can be conceded from anyone who resides strictly on one side or the other.

Also to purport anyone knows true statistical numbers is a fallacy, they are estimated at best. Who is getting tested? Who wants to be quarantined? Who is getting low to virtually no symptoms but is still carrying? The #'s are grossly misrepresented, and to purport them as fact IS SPREADING MISINFORMATION. I've done nothing of the sort. We'll have to see how this ends up to even be close on the educated estimates.


See I mention the right and wrong thing, because this board is just a microcosm of the tug-o-war any problem, but this in particular causes. Case in point you mention Trump negatively, I take it you're a liberal. You really didn't answer my questions, fully, but went on a political rant, laced with the subject at hand.

My point is there can be a middle ground, like anything else. Yeah my first post had some sarcasm in it, but I guess on a message board where people don't know you, they can't get your personal nuance. But of no matter, for I've expounded, clarified, and even posted a CDC youtube video of a doctors opinion on the subject, which I stated pretty much matched my own. I think my position is absolutely fair and reasonable, yet because there is political overtones involved, it has to be insulted and hive mindedly attacked by the liberal view, because I'm not leaned up against the wall one their side. I'm not either, I'm a centrist, so I've never gotten the stiff back-boned loyalty to one side or the other. I look at things from a clear lens, and form an opinion. Like I said, the video I posted. If anyone cannot see that position is level-headed and fair-minded, I just don't think a clear thought process is being employed, instead a I hate Trump and fierce Liberal view of the issue is being employed, blindly. Which I cannot get with, on virtually any subject.

You realize the numbers circulating are confirmed cases and confirmed deaths, right? So there are more people actually being affected and unreported rather than an inflated number of reports?

EDIT: And just for clarity, here was my initial response in the OT Current Events thread, pretty moderate I'd say, but this was also 11 days ago.
MrMiyagi wrote:Less hand shaking, more hand washing and, as you should always, cover your mouth when you cough and sneeze. Don't go out when you're sick (compromised immune system makes you more susceptible). Maybe carry around some hand sanitizer and go to less large public gatherings. There's not much else that you can really do as far as preventative measures. If stocking up on non-perishable foods and water makes you feel better, more power to you.

Healthcare providers should definitely be concerned and have plans in place to treat and quarantine patients, and there is a risk that given how contagious it is (cases seem to be arising exponentially) that hospitals can become overwhelmed (it's not uncommon for many hospitals to already be operating at or near capacity). They might need to convert vacant buildings into health centers, and ventilator shortages might arise due to severe cases.

I get that it's easy to lob criticisms at media coverage causing panic and sometimes they are definitely deserving of criticism, but at the same time, there is a real possibility hundreds of thousands and maybe even millions of people will die because of this if things get out of hand. That possibility needs to be taken seriously. You also might never meet anyone who has coronavirus. And here's the real kicker, both might be true. Just like the media needs to provide adequate context in their coverage, we need to adequately contextualize our own experience. For example, just because I didn't get Swine Flu and didn't know anyone who did doesn't mean that hundreds of millions didn't get sick and hundreds of thousands didn't die because of it. But I have seen people dismiss Coronavirus because "they said the same thing about Swine Flu!" Responding seriously to contagious illnesses is vital to public safety, and I personally would rather have an over-response than an under-response.

I get that for-profit media has it's own motives ($$$$$$), but at the same time we (people in general and sadly myself included) don't respond to moderate headlines, so the catch-22 becomes keep things copacetic and go unnoticed or go sensational and get noticed. I think this would be an issue even if profits weren't the motivating factor. It's just human nature. Respond to the impending threat, ignore all else.

I think you're not following. That's exactly my point. through the media, and even on this board, in the last couple of pages, it was said these % death rates were to be true. My point is exactly what I've been saying. How many cases are mild, less than mild, no affect, moderate affect, etc, that are not being reported. And being that most cases are of lesser severity, it must be a BIG #, so it would follow those death rates are hugely exaggerated, going by an logic, even your own. I was told I was spreading misinformation, when in fact the opposite was being done. Meanwhile I've always stated and prefaced that these were my opinions. I think we're finally getting home, eventually.
User avatar
MrMiyagi
Suns Forum Eternal Optimist
Posts: 4,952
And1: 4,210
Joined: Jan 10, 2010
   

Re: NBA suspended indefinitely. 

Post#144 » by MrMiyagi » Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:10 am

Frank Lee wrote:Ha... true to form... dissent gets labeled a 'liberal'. Feather your cap however you want. This isnt political with me... this is a complete lack of trust and belief in this administration, IE the T-Rump. He's consistently Sh!+canned good talent around him if they disagreed. A staff of yes men doesnt make for a good exchange of ideas and limits the outcomes. They just werent ready for this, when they should have been, and could have been. Heck, he just rated himself a '10' on their performance so far.

Also to purport anyone knows true statistical numbers is a fallacy, they are estimated at best. Who is getting tested? Who wants to be quarantined? Who is getting low to virtually no symptoms but is still carrying? The #'s are grossly misrepresented, and to purport them as fact IS SPREADING MISINFORMATION. I've done nothing of the sort. We'll have to see how this ends up to even be close on the educated estimates.


So... what do we believe then ? Nobody's data?

Here's a quick article on data
https://ourworldindata.org/covid-testing

and one on South Korea's response...
https://www.euractiv.com/section/coronavirus/news/commitment-transparency-pay-off-as-south-korea-limits-covid-19-spread/

Its just a shame, when we have a president who says 'we have this virus tremendously under control' and then is followed 5 minutes later, at the same damn podium, by the 'expert' who says the worst is yet to come.


You row on one side of the canoe, you go in circles.

Frank, I just got to say in the years we've spent arguing on the internet I've always appreciated your sense of skepticism, even when it deflates my optimism, so I find it quite funny to see someone view you as a sheep following the herd.

I've yet to see anyone here express full-on tinfoil hat panic about this situation and I think the precautions being taken are quite tame in comparison to the potential havoc this thing could wreak.

And what is it exactly that people are trying to protect by downplaying the severity of this disease? Economics is a game that can be rebooted at anytime. And I get that people are worried about providing for their families and making ends meet, but you wouldn't be able to do that if you and everyone else is knocked on their ass with a pneumonia-like illness while endangering others to the same fate or worse. It's like we're going to have economic ramifications regardless, might as well minimize the human suffering.
User avatar
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 64,286
And1: 36,396
Joined: Feb 06, 2009
Location: Austin
Contact:
   

Re: NBA suspended indefinitely. 

Post#145 » by bwgood77 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:28 am

Yeah, I don't think there is leaning left or right on this issue. There is being smart and being an idiot. You do see a few nutjobs defending everything Trump does on social media, but that's worth ignoring.
User avatar
MrMiyagi
Suns Forum Eternal Optimist
Posts: 4,952
And1: 4,210
Joined: Jan 10, 2010
   

Re: NBA suspended indefinitely. 

Post#146 » by MrMiyagi » Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:29 am

hollywood6964 wrote:
MrMiyagi wrote:
hollywood6964 wrote:I don't note it. Mostly because it's sarcastic in nature and wishes to have it both ways for "doubters" to be wrong.
If it gets real bad- see, you were all wrong and we were right!
If it doesn't and the #'s end up looking like a bad flu bug going around (yes people die, A LOT in # per year, especially a bad year, low in %), then it's, see we we still right! It's because the mighty band together and took extra isolate precautions, THAT'S the only reason why you looked right! But weren't!

It's a silly premise that I don't acknowledge. I don't due to the fact the no middle ground can be conceded from anyone who resides strictly on one side or the other.

Also to purport anyone knows true statistical numbers is a fallacy, they are estimated at best. Who is getting tested? Who wants to be quarantined? Who is getting low to virtually no symptoms but is still carrying? The #'s are grossly misrepresented, and to purport them as fact IS SPREADING MISINFORMATION. I've done nothing of the sort. We'll have to see how this ends up to even be close on the educated estimates.


See I mention the right and wrong thing, because this board is just a microcosm of the tug-o-war any problem, but this in particular causes. Case in point you mention Trump negatively, I take it you're a liberal. You really didn't answer my questions, fully, but went on a political rant, laced with the subject at hand.

My point is there can be a middle ground, like anything else. Yeah my first post had some sarcasm in it, but I guess on a message board where people don't know you, they can't get your personal nuance. But of no matter, for I've expounded, clarified, and even posted a CDC youtube video of a doctors opinion on the subject, which I stated pretty much matched my own. I think my position is absolutely fair and reasonable, yet because there is political overtones involved, it has to be insulted and hive mindedly attacked by the liberal view, because I'm not leaned up against the wall one their side. I'm not either, I'm a centrist, so I've never gotten the stiff back-boned loyalty to one side or the other. I look at things from a clear lens, and form an opinion. Like I said, the video I posted. If anyone cannot see that position is level-headed and fair-minded, I just don't think a clear thought process is being employed, instead a I hate Trump and fierce Liberal view of the issue is being employed, blindly. Which I cannot get with, on virtually any subject.

You realize the numbers circulating are confirmed cases and confirmed deaths, right? So there are more people actually being affected and unreported rather than an inflated number of reports?

EDIT: And just for clarity, here was my initial response in the OT Current Events thread, pretty moderate I'd say, but this was also 11 days ago.
MrMiyagi wrote:Less hand shaking, more hand washing and, as you should always, cover your mouth when you cough and sneeze. Don't go out when you're sick (compromised immune system makes you more susceptible). Maybe carry around some hand sanitizer and go to less large public gatherings. There's not much else that you can really do as far as preventative measures. If stocking up on non-perishable foods and water makes you feel better, more power to you.

Healthcare providers should definitely be concerned and have plans in place to treat and quarantine patients, and there is a risk that given how contagious it is (cases seem to be arising exponentially) that hospitals can become overwhelmed (it's not uncommon for many hospitals to already be operating at or near capacity). They might need to convert vacant buildings into health centers, and ventilator shortages might arise due to severe cases.

I get that it's easy to lob criticisms at media coverage causing panic and sometimes they are definitely deserving of criticism, but at the same time, there is a real possibility hundreds of thousands and maybe even millions of people will die because of this if things get out of hand. That possibility needs to be taken seriously. You also might never meet anyone who has coronavirus. And here's the real kicker, both might be true. Just like the media needs to provide adequate context in their coverage, we need to adequately contextualize our own experience. For example, just because I didn't get Swine Flu and didn't know anyone who did doesn't mean that hundreds of millions didn't get sick and hundreds of thousands didn't die because of it. But I have seen people dismiss Coronavirus because "they said the same thing about Swine Flu!" Responding seriously to contagious illnesses is vital to public safety, and I personally would rather have an over-response than an under-response.

I get that for-profit media has it's own motives ($$$$$$), but at the same time we (people in general and sadly myself included) don't respond to moderate headlines, so the catch-22 becomes keep things copacetic and go unnoticed or go sensational and get noticed. I think this would be an issue even if profits weren't the motivating factor. It's just human nature. Respond to the impending threat, ignore all else.

I think you're not following. That's exactly my point. through the media, and even on this board, in the last couple of pages, it was said these % death rates were to be true. My point is exactly what I've been saying. How many cases are mild, less than mild, no affect, moderate affect, etc, that are not being reported. And being that most cases are of lesser severity, it must be a BIG #, so it would follow those death rates are hugely exaggerated, going by an logic, even your own. I was told I was spreading misinformation, when in fact the opposite was being done. Meanwhile I've always stated and prefaced that these were my opinions. I think we're finally getting home, eventually.

It feels like you're saying since we don't have every single incident recorded, we don't actually know anything so we should disregard what we do know. It's a much safer and accurate route to take all the data we do have regarding number of cases and deaths to calculate the mortality rate and infection rate, mostly because if those rates spike in one country it could be signaling a mutation to the virus, which would be incredibly important to know. And even if it remains constant - which it largely has - it's important so that we can know what's in store. The data coming out of Italy is actually incredibly helpful to us in the States so we can estimate and plan for our own response.
hollywood6964
Analyst
Posts: 3,299
And1: 1,396
Joined: Jul 14, 2015

Re: NBA suspended indefinitely. 

Post#147 » by hollywood6964 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:41 am

MrMiyagi wrote:
hollywood6964 wrote:
MrMiyagi wrote:You realize the numbers circulating are confirmed cases and confirmed deaths, right? So there are more people actually being affected and unreported rather than an inflated number of reports?

EDIT: And just for clarity, here was my initial response in the OT Current Events thread, pretty moderate I'd say, but this was also 11 days ago.

I think you're not following. That's exactly my point. through the media, and even on this board, in the last couple of pages, it was said these % death rates were to be true. My point is exactly what I've been saying. How many cases are mild, less than mild, no affect, moderate affect, etc, that are not being reported. And being that most cases are of lesser severity, it must be a BIG #, so it would follow those death rates are hugely exaggerated, going by an logic, even your own. I was told I was spreading misinformation, when in fact the opposite was being done. Meanwhile I've always stated and prefaced that these were my opinions. I think we're finally getting home, eventually.

It feels like you're saying since we don't have every single incident recorded, we don't actually know anything so we should disregard what we do know. It's a much safer and accurate route to take all the data we do have regarding number of cases and deaths to calculate the mortality rate and infection rate, mostly because if those rates spike in one country it could be signaling a mutation to the virus, which would be incredibly important to know. And even if it remains constant - which it largely has - it's important so that we can know what's in store. The data coming out of Italy is actually incredibly helpful to us in the States so we can estimate and plan for our own response.

Disregard the feeling. Take what I've said at face value and comprehensive during the ad-nausea posting the last day or so.
I hear what you're saying otherwise.
Saberestar
RealGM
Posts: 12,231
And1: 7,823
Joined: May 21, 2010

Re: NBA suspended indefinitely. 

Post#148 » by Saberestar » Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:43 am

Guys, I am from Spain and you all know that the situation is pretty bad here. I will give you an advice.

Take this seriously. For real.

This is all about details. It is an invisible enemy.

Everyone needs to be disciplined. Be extremely careful with hand hygiene and do not touch your face, specially nose, mouth and eyes. You will need to work on that mentally because it is an usual act and it is very difficult to avoid. You need to stop it.

You need to put a solid space between you and another person. Do not talk too close. Some people has coronavirus but they feel good, asyntomatic.

Stay calm and with a positive sense of humor, but do your work to improve the overall situation.

There are more things to do, but I would say that these that I have commented are huge.

And take this into consideration. People who gets coronavirus:

80% Mild, do not need professional help.
15% Need help at hospital.
5% Critical patients

If a lot of people gets infected at the same time that 15% will not get help at hospitals and they can be critical patients too. That is the most dangerous thing.

We need to do our work. We are on the same boat.

But it is not the end of the world. I am sure that we will overcome this special and unique situation, but we need to be a part of the solution and help a lot.
hollywood6964
Analyst
Posts: 3,299
And1: 1,396
Joined: Jul 14, 2015

Re: NBA suspended indefinitely. 

Post#149 » by hollywood6964 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:52 pm



I don't agree with everything this guy says, but he's $ on this one. I like the angry comments to his don't overreact comments part of the video. Seems to remind me of something haha. The entire video is good.
User avatar
Kerrsed
Senior Mod - Suns
Senior Mod - Suns
Posts: 28,700
And1: 15,041
Joined: Mar 31, 2009
Location: Land of the Internet Memes
Contact:
     

Re: NBA suspended indefinitely. 

Post#150 » by Kerrsed » Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:30 pm

Read on Twitter
Its #DUMPSTERFIRE SEASON! #TeamTRAINWRECK -KERRSED- The Mod, The Myth, The Legend
Image
User avatar
Kerrsed
Senior Mod - Suns
Senior Mod - Suns
Posts: 28,700
And1: 15,041
Joined: Mar 31, 2009
Location: Land of the Internet Memes
Contact:
     

Re: NBA suspended indefinitely. 

Post#151 » by Kerrsed » Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:57 pm

Read on Twitter
Its #DUMPSTERFIRE SEASON! #TeamTRAINWRECK -KERRSED- The Mod, The Myth, The Legend
Image
User avatar
Kerrsed
Senior Mod - Suns
Senior Mod - Suns
Posts: 28,700
And1: 15,041
Joined: Mar 31, 2009
Location: Land of the Internet Memes
Contact:
     

Re: NBA suspended indefinitely. 

Post#152 » by Kerrsed » Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:00 am

Read on Twitter
Its #DUMPSTERFIRE SEASON! #TeamTRAINWRECK -KERRSED- The Mod, The Myth, The Legend
Image
User avatar
grumpysaddle
RealGM
Posts: 13,532
And1: 6,432
Joined: Feb 22, 2009
Location: San Diego
 

Re: NBA suspended indefinitely. 

Post#153 » by grumpysaddle » Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:45 am

https://medium.com/@tomaspueyo/coronavirus-the-hammer-and-the-dance-be9337092b56

The single best article I've seen explaining options and what must be done. We seriously need to get our sh*t together NOW.
Image
User avatar
Ghost of Kleine
Veteran
Posts: 2,676
And1: 793
Joined: Apr 13, 2012

Re: NBA suspended indefinitely. 

Post#154 » by Ghost of Kleine » Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:02 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19
Image
User avatar
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
Posts: 23,583
And1: 11,553
Joined: Oct 16, 2007
Location: Australia

Re: NBA suspended indefinitely. 

Post#155 » by lilfishi22 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:52 am

There were just under 700 new cases in the US on the 14th of March when Hollywood made his coughing joke, a total of about 2800 infected and 57 people dead. World wide there were 150k cases at the time and in a week and half, it's now more than doubled to almost 340k. There were just under 6k deaths at that time and now it's inching closer to 17k.

There's now 420 dead in the US, 33.5k infected and over 5k daily new cases. It's spread to every state of the US.

Overblown flu virus? C'mon now. How will this be in a rear view mirror 4 weeks from now?
alamin330 wrote:This draft reminds me of the 2003 draft.
Lebron - Zion, Barrett like Melo, wade like Culver, garland like tj ford, hunter like bosh, white like Barbosa, Clarke like David West. I think this draft is actually going to be deeper though
User avatar
MrMiyagi
Suns Forum Eternal Optimist
Posts: 4,952
And1: 4,210
Joined: Jan 10, 2010
   

Re: NBA suspended indefinitely. 

Post#156 » by MrMiyagi » Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:32 am

lilfishi22 wrote:There were just under 700 new cases in the US on the 14th of March when Hollywood made his coughing joke, a total of about 2800 infected and 57 people dead. World wide there were 150k cases at the time and in a week and half, it's now more than doubled to almost 340k. There were just under 6k deaths at that time and now it's inching closer to 17k.

There's now 420 dead in the US, 33.5k infected and over 5k daily new cases. It's spread to every state of the US.

Overblown flu virus? C'mon now. How will this be in a rear view mirror 4 weeks from now?


Yeah, this isn't close to being over in the US, and it's just going to keep getting worse by the day unfortunately.
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
Posts: 18,090
And1: 4,640
Joined: May 13, 2011
Contact:
     

Re: NBA suspended indefinitely. 

Post#157 » by SunsRback4Good » Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:53 am

I'm estimating 110-120k infected and around 1600 dead in the U.S by the end of April until things begin smoothing over.
Image

Special Thanks to Ghost of Kleine.
User avatar
grumpysaddle
RealGM
Posts: 13,532
And1: 6,432
Joined: Feb 22, 2009
Location: San Diego
 

Re: NBA suspended indefinitely. 

Post#158 » by grumpysaddle » Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:11 am

SunsRback4Good wrote:I'm estimating 110-120k infected and around 1600 dead in the U.S by the end of April until things begin smoothing over.

Continuing on the path we are on now, it's going to be far worse than that. This multiplies exponentially. Please read the article I posted a few posts back. It's at about 40k right now, but that will most likely be 80k in a few days, by the end of April it's more likely to be over a million confirmed cases, unless people HEAVILY isolate themselves. Considering I heard my neighbor having a small party last night, I am not holding out hope that this will be contained unless drastic measures are taken. I do medical courier work, and I think I worked my last day today until this is all smoothed out. They're still doing it, but I have lifelong asthma. I'd rather live than keep this job.
Image
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
Posts: 18,090
And1: 4,640
Joined: May 13, 2011
Contact:
     

Re: NBA suspended indefinitely. 

Post#159 » by SunsRback4Good » Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:29 am

grumpysaddle wrote:
SunsRback4Good wrote:I'm estimating 110-120k infected and around 1600 dead in the U.S by the end of April until things begin smoothing over.

Continuing on the path we are on now, it's going to be far worse than that. This multiplies exponentially. Please read the article I posted a few posts back. It's at about 40k right now, but that will most likely be 80k in a few days, by the end of April it's more likely to be over a million confirmed cases, unless people HEAVILY isolate themselves. Considering I heard my neighbor having a small party last night, I am not holding out hope that this will be contained unless drastic measures are taken. I do medical courier work, and I think I worked my last day today until this is all smoothed out. They're still doing it, but I have lifelong asthma. I'd rather live than keep this job.


I started reading your article which by the way was great but was too long so I must've read 4-5 paragraphs before clicking off but I'll read more later. Also, I had asthma for 6 years as a child so if any of us catch this virus we could die young because of our weak immune system. Stay safe man.
Image

Special Thanks to Ghost of Kleine.
User avatar
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
Posts: 23,583
And1: 11,553
Joined: Oct 16, 2007
Location: Australia

Re: NBA suspended indefinitely. 

Post#160 » by lilfishi22 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:37 pm

The only reason the number of infected isn't higher now is because the testing is clearly still well behind the curve.
alamin330 wrote:This draft reminds me of the 2003 draft.
Lebron - Zion, Barrett like Melo, wade like Culver, garland like tj ford, hunter like bosh, white like Barbosa, Clarke like David West. I think this draft is actually going to be deeper though

Return to Phoenix Suns