NBA suspended indefinitely.

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,450

Re: NBA suspended indefinitely. 

Post#61 » by bwgood77 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:22 pm

sasquatchBob wrote:The next economic crysis is coming. The bubble is about to burst. We're f*cked...

Stock market has already dropped 15-20% just this week. And it had dropped quite a bit prior to that too.
GoodBehavior
Senior
And1: 370

Post#62 » by GoodBehavior » Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:47 pm

Because of Gobert's antic and lack of common hygienic practice (is this a French thing?), I am going to be stuck without Basketball, and potentially without March Madness and NHL for at least a month?

One french guy did this? Arrgh!
handsome salary
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,113

Post#63 » by handsome salary » Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:38 pm

I feel bad for all the workers and businesses truly counting on NBA games happening. My buddy works for the airlines and made a half hearted joke last night about whether his employer will still be around in a couple of months.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,450

Post#64 » by bwgood77 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:07 pm

Read on Twitter
ATTL
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,482

Post#65 » by ATTL » Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:33 pm

Gogurt ruining everything.
El Hespiritu
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,192

Post#66 » by El Hespiritu » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:47 pm

Stumps Lynch Mob is getting over the top.
I want to understand you're joking (DBook certainly is).

Not my favorite player ever but unarguably an elite defender (so-so attacker).
You may find this incredible but I think he's in fact way smarter than he looks.

He did a punctual moronic and idiotic joke and karma backfired him hard.
That's it.

Rudy Stumps Gobert is no guilty of NBA suspension.
He deserves to be ridiculized but not blamed.
-I tell them: Gentlemen you desist. Your differences are bussiness of your own. We all must care this Refuge's harmony and decorum
-What if they don't listen?
-I kill them and throw them into the sea
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,632

Post#67 » by lilfishi22 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:40 pm

handsome salary wrote:I feel bad for all the workers and businesses truly counting on NBA games happening. My buddy works for the airlines and made a half hearted joke last night about whether his employer will still be around in a couple of months.

These next few months, we'll see just how solid some big companies are. I think we'll see some perceived blue-chip companies surprisingly go into administration because of this.
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#68 » by lilfishi22 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:43 pm

El Hespiritu wrote:Stumps Lynch Mob is getting over the top.
I want to understand you're joking (DBook certainly is).

Not my favorite player ever but unarguably an elite defender (so-so attacker).
You may find this incredible but I think he's in fact way smarter than he looks.

He did a punctual moronic and idiotic joke and karma backfired him hard.
That's it.

Rudy Stumps Gobert is no guilty of NBA suspension.
He deserves to be ridiculized but not blamed.

No one single player should be blamed for shutting down the NBA but man, even if it was the regular flu season, is that really a funny joke? I mean, how dumb would it be to do what he did and have a starter or two not be able to play a key regular season or playoff game?

Very moronic and idiotic
Kerrsed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,578

Post#69 » by Kerrsed » Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:21 am

Just read that Kevin Love is donating $100K to help pay Quicken Loans Arena employees. Trying to get other star players around the league to do the same.

**EDIT** Looks like the wording on his post doesnt show up when i embed it, so ill just copy paste what it says:

Kevin Love wrote:Everyone reacts differently to stressful situations. And the fear and anxiety resulting from the recent outbreak of COVID-19 can be extremely overwhelming.
Through the game of basketball, we’ve been able to address major issues and stand together as a progressive league that cares about the players, the fans, and the communities where we work. I’m concerned about the level of anxiety that everyone is feeling and that is why I’m committing $100,000 through the @KevinLoveFund in support of the @Cavs arena and support staff that had a sudden life shift due to the suspension of the NBA season. I hope that during this time of crisis, others will join me in supporting our communities.

Pandemics are not just a medical phenomenon. They affect individuals and society on so many levels, with stigma and xenophobia being just two aspects of the impact of a pandemic outbreak. It’s important to know that those with a mental illness may be vulnerable to the effects of widespread panic and threat. Be kind to one another. Be understanding of their fears, regardless if you don’t feel the same. Be safe and make informed decisions during this time. And I encourage everyone to take care of themselves and to reach out to others in need — whether that means supporting your local charities that are canceling events, or checking in on your colleagues and family.
Its #DUMPSTERFIRE SEASON! #TeamTRAINWRECK -KERRSED- The Mod, The Myth, The Legend
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#70 » by lilfishi22 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:26 am

Good for Love. Other NBA highly paid players should look to do the same.
El Hespiritu
Bench Warmer

Post#71 » by El Hespiritu » Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:19 am

Love is far from my favorite player.

But I think he's a remarkable human being. Very very good people.

Addedit: I didn't say it's a funnny joke, @lilfishi22 . I said it was a moronic and idiotic joke.
So we more or less agree, I think.
A very moronic and idiotic joke, then.
-I tell them: Gentlemen you desist. Your differences are bussiness of your own. We all must care this Refuge's harmony and decorum
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#72 » by lilfishi22 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:59 am

El Hespiritu wrote:Love is far from my favorite player.

But I think he's a remarkable human being. Very very good people.

Addedit: I didn't say it's a funnny joke, @lilfishi22 . I said it was a moronic and idiotic joke.
So we more or less agree, I think.
A very moronic and idiotic joke, then.

No I didn't direct that at you. It was a rehotoric question at Gobert who thought it was a joke. Yes we both agree with was idiotic and moronic of Gobert to be joking around like that
El Hespiritu
Bench Warmer

Post#73 » by El Hespiritu » Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:02 am

lilfishi22 wrote:[No I didn't direct that at you. It was a rehotoric question at Gobert who thought it was a joke. Yes we both agree with was idiotic and moronic of Gobert to be joking around like that
A simple misunderstanding.

please, read this in an ironic way.... I'm not trying to be harsh, I swear
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,396

Post#74 » by Revived » Fri Mar 13, 2020 5:58 am

Many team owners around the league are drawing praise for guaranteeing that hourly arena workers will still get paid in full even with games suspended. An amazing gesture obviously.

On the other hand, I highly doubt Sarver does any such thing. If anything, I expect him to somehow find the hourly employees at Talking Stick and take money back from them lol.

Would be nice if Booker actually donated like $100k (matching KLove) or something like that from his $150 million that he’s making in the next few years. He has enough Richard Milles, maybe using that money for something like this would be wise Devin.

I know I shouldn’t be telling others how to spend their money but in an emergency situation like this, I would definitely donate quite a bit if I had money like Sarver and Booker. I would rather die and be known for my generosity than die and be known for just being rich.
hollywood6964
Analyst
And1: 1,397

Post#75 » by hollywood6964 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:39 pm

This is so ridiculous. We have let the feminists take over, so not surprising the new level of ridiculous fear.

I went to the grocery store yesterday, n all the nuts are wearing their michael Jackson masks, piling up for the worlds end. All the water was out of stock, etc.

I coughed a few times for effect n everyone started starting at me. I just laughed. Overblown flu virus. Anyone making a big deal out of this is a moron and will feel as such in the next 6 weeks when this all is in the rear view mirror. Then they can act like they weren't the ones wearing masks n talking about this bull 24/7.

Time to hit the stock market.
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,814

Post#76 » by Saberestar » Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:00 pm

hollywood6964 wrote:This is so ridiculous. We have let the feminists take over, so not surprising the new level of ridiculous fear.

I went to the grocery store yesterday, n all the nuts are wearing their michael Jackson masks, piling up for the worlds end. All the water was out of stock, etc.

I coughed a few times for effect n everyone started starting at me. I just laughed. Overblown flu virus. Anyone making a big deal out of this is a moron and will feel as such in the next 6 weeks when this all is in the rear view mirror. Then they can act like they weren't the ones wearing masks n talking about this bull 24/7.

This is really serious. It is a not a joke AT ALL.

A lot of people in the world are suffering this and it is only getting worse. We need to be disciplined. It is gonna be difficult to overcome but there is hope.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,663

Post#77 » by WeekapaugGroove » Fri Mar 13, 2020 5:14 pm

It's interesting how 'on brand' people's opinions seem to be across topics.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
handsome salary
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,113

Post#78 » by handsome salary » Fri Mar 13, 2020 5:36 pm

hollywood6964 wrote:This is so ridiculous. We have let the feminists take over, so not surprising the new level of ridiculous fear.

Thanks Kal El for including almost every a-hole talking point out there.
Flying Colors
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,489

Post#79 » by Flying Colors » Fri Mar 13, 2020 5:39 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:It's interesting how 'on brand' people's opinions seem to be across topics.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using RealGM mobile app

Ahahahaha :lol:
Kerrsed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,578

Post#80 » by Kerrsed » Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:24 pm

OMG!

Real-life NBA team Phoenix Suns will continue to play the current season that has been suspended due to the COVID-19 virus… in the NBA 2K video game. In a post on Twitter, Phoenix Suns revealed that they plan to continue to play the Suns season games in the popular basketball video game, and fans can watch them live on Twitch.

Read on Twitter

“Saturday’s game will be moved to tomorrow,” says the tweet. “Join us live on Twitch as we take on the Dallas Mavericks!”

The tweet doesn’t make it clear who will be hosting the stream and if they will be playing against AI or online against the actual Mavericks. However, the Phoenix Suns’ Devin Booker is a known Twitch streamer, who was actually streaming Call of Duty: Warzone at the moment he discovered that the NBA season had been suspended, so it’s possible that he’ll be involved.

NBA commissioner Adam Silver placed the league on a minimum 30-day hiatus on February 12. With the Suns playing their scheduled games for the rest of the season in NBA 2K, there will be at least some action for basketball fans, even if the results are technically meaningless for the season.

Looks like we might be able to finally see some winning Suns basketball after all!!! So who was trashing Ayton for playing Video Games in his off-time? Might be time for them to eat crow as he leads us to our first Championship*
Its #DUMPSTERFIRE SEASON! #TeamTRAINWRECK -KERRSED- The Mod, The Myth, The Legend

Return to Phoenix Suns