ImageImageImage

CoVid Check in / update..... or 'Where is Paul Panks?'

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22, Kerrsed

Wilber85
Starter
Posts: 2,266
And1: 2,065
Joined: Oct 10, 2017
         

Re: CoVid Check in / update..... or 'Where is Paul Panks?' 

Post#121 » by Wilber85 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:37 pm

Heard Booker is clear from COVID-19 but he got HoeVid-19 from the Jenners
cberry78
Junior
Posts: 412
And1: 395
Joined: Apr 21, 2015
 

Re: CoVid Check in / update..... or 'Where is Paul Panks?' 

Post#122 » by cberry78 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:14 pm

Frank Lee wrote:My bet is Rallies will outpace protests.



Im wondering, when confirmed you only get this once, how soon till we have Covid resorts?

A place where you go, catch it, get professionally treated, then quarantine on a nice beach or mountain top. Whos with me ???
Unfortunately there's mounting evidence that covid-19 is NOT a one time thing, that the antibodies generated by those infected only stay around for a few months and being reinfected if a real possibility. It's very possible that it's similar to the common cold and something we may have to deal with several times a year.

Sent from my moto e5 play using RealGM mobile app
hollywood6964
Analyst
Posts: 3,299
And1: 1,396
Joined: Jul 14, 2015

Re: CoVid Check in / update..... or 'Where is Paul Panks?' 

Post#123 » by hollywood6964 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:57 am

bwgood77 wrote:
Fairview4Life wrote:
hollywood6964 wrote:Ahahaha


I mean, you can believe the data, or just trust your gut that the numbers have to be wrong. The numbers say that protests aren't the reason cases have exploded again.

Read on Twitter


Well it spreads much more easily indoors than out, and it's mainly hit cities that opened things up early, or never really closed much (Florida, AZ, TX, etc), so it makes sense.

Those protests certainly didn't help, and probably got quite a few infected, but businesses open EVERYWHERE all day every day, where people are indoors next to each other, and A LOT of people in those states are anti mask...it's just going to spread. Even at the protests, in addition to being outdoors, a lot of people, it looked like most in pictures I saw, had masks. And it is also younger people, so even if it did spread quite a bit, it may have been a lot of asymptomatic people that never got tested.

Yeah masks aren't a flak jacket and then people touching their eyes, scratching their face under the mask, etc. Nothing is perfect. Also plenty of rioters and protestors did not wear the mask, and social distancing was not present AT ALL. Any bull$ht study etc, is just political pandering. You have to take it for what it is; rallys will spread it, protests will too, and most certainly the riots as well. you can't have it both ways. Those people go to circle ks around where they live too, they don't just live at the riots/protests. Of course everyday activities spread it in general anyway from non-protest goers.

Looks like we'll hit 60k recorded cases per day soon. Some of it is because of the vast testing, and lots of young, healthy people getting it (they'll move it around of course), but just by the sheer numbers it'll fill the hospitals. We're looking at not moving to stage 2 in about every state, and I'm expecting bars, theme parks, and any extra circulars to be closed again. Or stay closed.
User avatar
grumpysaddle
RealGM
Posts: 13,532
And1: 6,432
Joined: Feb 22, 2009
Location: San Diego
 

Re: CoVid Check in / update..... or 'Where is Paul Panks?' 

Post#124 » by grumpysaddle » Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:17 am

The increased numbers actually lined up with Memorial Day weekend moreso than the protests. Protesters were largely wearing masks and outdoor spread is much smaller.

What really chaps my ass is the powers that be making this a political thing. If everyone wore a mask when in public at all times, the spread would be DRAMATICALLY less, but idiots keep equating **** masks to slavery. It's mind-blowing how stupid some people are.
Image
cberry78
Junior
Posts: 412
And1: 395
Joined: Apr 21, 2015
 

Re: CoVid Check in / update..... or 'Where is Paul Panks?' 

Post#125 » by cberry78 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:32 am

grumpysaddle wrote:The increased numbers actually lined up with Memorial Day weekend moreso than the protests. Protesters were largely wearing masks and outdoor spread is much smaller.

What really chaps my ass is the powers that be making this a political thing. If everyone wore a mask when in public at all times, the spread would be DRAMATICALLY less, but idiots keep equating **** masks to slavery. It's mind-blowing how stupid some people are.

Well, when our Disaster in Chief refuses to wear a mask in public, even going so far as to go against the state-mandated decree of masks being required in public (NJ), the idiot Trump humpers are just going to use that as fuel to their fires. I said months ago that it was only going to get worse, and unfortunately, I'm being proven right. I'm rooting for team Covid at this point.
User avatar
grumpysaddle
RealGM
Posts: 13,532
And1: 6,432
Joined: Feb 22, 2009
Location: San Diego
 

Re: CoVid Check in / update..... or 'Where is Paul Panks?' 

Post#126 » by grumpysaddle » Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:49 am

cberry78 wrote:
grumpysaddle wrote:The increased numbers actually lined up with Memorial Day weekend moreso than the protests. Protesters were largely wearing masks and outdoor spread is much smaller.

What really chaps my ass is the powers that be making this a political thing. If everyone wore a mask when in public at all times, the spread would be DRAMATICALLY less, but idiots keep equating **** masks to slavery. It's mind-blowing how stupid some people are.

Well, when our Disaster in Chief refuses to wear a mask in public, even going so far as to go against the state-mandated decree of masks being required in public (NJ), the idiot Trump humpers are just going to use that as fuel to their fires. I said months ago that it was only going to get worse, and unfortunately, I'm being proven right. I'm rooting for team Covid at this point.


I think at this point if someone is still a Trump supporter, with all the evidence of him being a racist, xenophobic moron incapable of compassion or thought for anyone or anything besides himself and money, those people are prime candidates for being sent into outer space without a suit.

There was an idiot here in San Diego that tried to social media shame a Starbucks employee for denying her service because she refused to wear a mask. She posted his photo and a long-ass Karen rant and within hours it made its rounds in the appropriate places and there were over 100k comments completely destroying her. It was pretty awesome. Pretty sure she was fired from her job and lost her yoga instructor license. She also had posts against BLM and all that that were just super ignorant. The funny part is someone started a GoFundMe for the kid that she tried to blast on Facebook and the GFM got up to like... $12,000 last I saw. Probably higher now. I'm so tired of **** idiots, and this presidency has them feeling empowered. I can't wait for them to retreat back to their sad little holes. The outright racism on display lately makes me **** sick.

And yeah, I was on here early on saying this pandemic was nothing to take lightly, and here we are almost 4 months later and numbers are worse than ever. Trump and all his cronies need to **** burn for their ineptitude that resulted in 100k needless deaths. If all those deaths were Trumpers, I'd call it a win, but sadly they're not.
Image
User avatar
bigfoot
Suns Forum Anti-Tank Commander
Posts: 7,460
And1: 3,975
Joined: Sep 16, 2010
 

Re: CoVid Check in / update..... or 'Where is Paul Panks?' 

Post#127 » by bigfoot » Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:09 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
Fairview4Life wrote:
hollywood6964 wrote:Ahahaha


I mean, you can believe the data, or just trust your gut that the numbers have to be wrong. The numbers say that protests aren't the reason cases have exploded again.

Read on Twitter


Well it spreads much more easily indoors than out, and it's mainly hit cities that opened things up early, or never really closed much (Florida, AZ, TX, etc), so it makes sense.

Those protests certainly didn't help, and probably got quite a few infected, but businesses open EVERYWHERE all day every day, where people are indoors next to each other, and A LOT of people in those states are anti mask...it's just going to spread. Even at the protests, in addition to being outdoors, a lot of people, it looked like most in pictures I saw, had masks. And it is also younger people, so even if it did spread quite a bit, it may have been a lot of asymptomatic people that never got tested.


I've gotta believe these higher rates in Florida, Texas, and Arizona are heat-related. People hole up in the summertime, run their air conditioning all day long, and then get together for a family Memorial day celebration or some other gathering. A perfect way to spread COVID. I can't imagine what's gonna go down after the July 4th holiday.

Return to Phoenix Suns