ImageImageImage

NBA Masks

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22, Kerrsed

User avatar
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 64,286
And1: 36,396
Joined: Feb 06, 2009
Location: Austin
Contact:
   

NBA Masks 

Post#1 » by bwgood77 » Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:56 pm

https://store.nba.com/face-coverings/c-3424283763+z-912064-518001985?ab=

It's just too bad we have one of the worst logos these days.
RiRuSuns
Junior
Posts: 453
And1: 528
Joined: Sep 06, 2019
   

Re: NBA Masks 

Post#2 » by RiRuSuns » Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:53 pm

bwgood77 wrote:https://store.nba.com/face-coverings/c-3424283763+z-912064-518001985?ab=

It's just too bad we have one of the worst logos these days.


Those all look stupid to me. Ours is actually one of the least hideous.
Revived
RealGM
Posts: 26,070
And1: 11,837
Joined: Feb 17, 2011

Re: NBA Masks 

Post#3 » by Revived » Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:49 pm

Man, it’s crazy how these big corporations are already working on ways to make money off a pandemic with things like this.

Only a matter of time before Gucci and Prada come out with face masks I suppose.
DroughtsOverPHX
Junior
Posts: 283
And1: 201
Joined: Feb 09, 2018
   

Re: NBA Masks 

Post#4 » by DroughtsOverPHX » Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:26 pm

This won't work -- picture trying to yell/cuss at a ref with that on. Let's see...it's a tech if you take off your mask or intentionally pull it down to talk, a suspension if you spit on someone. The first ejection for a PPE violation will be historic. It could be fun playing basketball in our new world.

Michael Kors or Coach for the wife. Revived -- bet you are right. They are on this.
User avatar
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Posts: 23,672
And1: 1,891
Joined: Mar 05, 2002
   

Re: NBA Masks 

Post#5 » by SD2042 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:07 pm

Revived wrote:Man, it’s crazy how these big corporations are already working on ways to make money off a pandemic with things like this.

Only a matter of time before Gucci and Prada come out with face masks I suppose.



It's essentially Business Tactics 101. If any business sees any advantage to gain during a crisis like this, believe me, they will exploit the hell out of it and then some. I'm willing to place a bet. If you go to the store right now, you will be lucky if you see much of anything on sale right. Why? Because the customers continue to buy up everything. In fact, some prices have even gone up since we hit midway thru the crisis so far. Price gouging anyone?

As for the masks, I'm having a hard time seeing it work with the players in-spite of the safe purposes behind it. Running up and down the floor with the mask on while protecting yourself during the crisis will be a challenge within itself.

We still have a long way to go before it's all said and done. Only God knows when.
DroughtsOverPHX
Junior
Posts: 283
And1: 201
Joined: Feb 09, 2018
   

Re: NBA Masks 

Post#6 » by DroughtsOverPHX » Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:41 pm

Okay dammit. I have a hard time letting this go. Could one of our photoshop experts show what the poster will look like when someone posterizes someone wearing this new addition to the uni. Where's that Hespiritu guy when you really need him?

This conjures up some rather humorous images. Do they changes masks between quarters and place them in a hazardous waste container at the end of the bench? Will that hazardous waste container with the team logo be available at the team shop?
DroughtsOverPHX
Junior
Posts: 283
And1: 201
Joined: Feb 09, 2018
   

Re: NBA Masks 

Post#7 » by DroughtsOverPHX » Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:49 pm

At the end of the game players will pose exchanging masks with the star of the other team. Fans at the tunnel will be begging for masks along with the sweat bands and jerseys. The new bobble heads will have masks. Okay I'll stop but it's hard to not run with this.
User avatar
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 64,286
And1: 36,396
Joined: Feb 06, 2009
Location: Austin
Contact:
   

Re: NBA Masks 

Post#8 » by bwgood77 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:40 am

Revived wrote:Man, it’s crazy how these big corporations are already working on ways to make money off a pandemic with things like this.

Only a matter of time before Gucci and Prada come out with face masks I suppose.


I just saw some guy at the store selling them bragging about how good his were and said he sold 60,000 to the military or something. It did look pretty nice though (high quality) and I guess they were $10...I actually thought about buying one when I saw him getting one out of his car (parked right next to mine) outside.

I should have 10 N95s here sometime soon. Ordered them over a month ago. I am just using the surgical ones now, but can't wear them more than maybe once or twice. Probably would have been worth buying one of those from this guy.
User avatar
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 64,286
And1: 36,396
Joined: Feb 06, 2009
Location: Austin
Contact:
   

Re: NBA Masks 

Post#9 » by bwgood77 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:41 am

DroughtsOverPHX wrote:This won't work -- picture trying to yell/cuss at a ref with that on. Let's see...it's a tech if you take off your mask or intentionally pull it down to talk, a suspension if you spit on someone. The first ejection for a PPE violation will be historic. It could be fun playing basketball in our new world.

Michael Kors or Coach for the wife. Revived -- bet you are right. They are on this.


SD2042 wrote:As for the masks, I'm having a hard time seeing it work with the players in-spite of the safe purposes behind it. Running up and down the floor with the mask on while protecting yourself during the crisis will be a challenge within itself.

We still have a long way to go before it's all said and done. Only God knows when.


These are not for the players, but for fans.
DroughtsOverPHX
Junior
Posts: 283
And1: 201
Joined: Feb 09, 2018
   

Re: NBA Masks 

Post#10 » by DroughtsOverPHX » Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:09 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
DroughtsOverPHX wrote:This won't work -- picture trying to yell/cuss at a ref with that on. Let's see...it's a tech if you take off your mask or intentionally pull it down to talk, a suspension if you spit on someone. The first ejection for a PPE violation will be historic. It could be fun playing basketball in our new world.

Michael Kors or Coach for the wife. Revived -- bet you are right. They are on this.


SD2042 wrote:As for the masks, I'm having a hard time seeing it work with the players in-spite of the safe purposes behind it. Running up and down the floor with the mask on while protecting yourself during the crisis will be a challenge within itself.

We still have a long way to go before it's all said and done. Only God knows when.


These are not for the players, but for fans.

Bummer. The images were too fun. I'll have to maybe settle for team mask night, a cheaper version with an SRP logo on it.

Return to Phoenix Suns