ImageImageImage

2020 Season/Offseason (FA/Trade) Speculation - the Season Resumes

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22, Kerrsed

Would you trade Booker for Giannis if he'd re-sign, for a Rubio, Mikal, Cam, Giannis, Ayton lineup?

Yes
20
41%
No
29
59%
 
Total votes: 49

User avatar
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 65,871
And1: 37,577
Joined: Feb 06, 2009
Location: Austin
Contact:
   

Re: 2020 Season/Offseason (FA/Trade) Speculation - the Season Resumes 

Post#1821 » by bwgood77 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:51 pm

King4Day wrote:
Revived wrote:I mentioned it earlier when he was complete ass against the Mavs but I can see the Clippers wanting to move on from Paul George after his historically horrific game 7 performance against Denver. I think Kawhi and his uncle themselves may recommend it to Ballmer. Their the ones who demanded to trade for him anyway.

He's a great regular season player and would help us from a standpoint of getting into the playoffs. I hope this is something James Jones inquires and looks into.


I don't think LAC will give up on him yet. His value is at an all time low so even if they wanted to, it'd be hard to move him.
I expect them to make some minor moves to and run it back with a full camp and (hopefully) no interruption to the season.

Despite all of this, I don't expect Leonard to leave. He wants to be in LA. He knows he can build something special with the Clips AND he's got one of the best owners in the league.


They traded the farm for George after Kawhi demanded it (after talking to George) or Kawhi wouldn't sign there. They certainly are not going to "give up" on him. They would likely end up losing both of them if they did that.
User avatar
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 65,871
And1: 37,577
Joined: Feb 06, 2009
Location: Austin
Contact:
   

Re: 2020 Season/Offseason (FA/Trade) Speculation - the Season Resumes 

Post#1822 » by bwgood77 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:02 pm

Read on Twitter
Wilber85
Starter
Posts: 2,445
And1: 2,174
Joined: Oct 10, 2017
         

Re: 2020 Season/Offseason (FA/Trade) Speculation - the Season Resumes 

Post#1823 » by Wilber85 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:15 pm

I cannot believe people wouldn't trade Booker for Giannis lol. Giannis plays defense, scores, passes, and rebounds.

Players will jump at the opportunity to join Giannis over Booker.

WHAT ARE YOU THINKING? Is this real life?
RunDogGun
RealGM
Posts: 13,085
And1: 2,351
Joined: Jun 27, 2009
Location: Beyond the Sun
       

Re: 2020 Season/Offseason (FA/Trade) Speculation - the Season Resumes 

Post#1824 » by RunDogGun » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:15 pm

Ghost of Kleine wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=09

Cam got snubbed bad! :nonono:

I like how Cam stepped up for the bubble, but I am still bummed we didn't pick Clarke. You could just tell he would be a solid player and all around hustle guy.
Midnight_Suns
Pro Prospect
Posts: 955
And1: 943
Joined: Jan 11, 2015
Location: PDX
 

Re: 2020 Season/Offseason (FA/Trade) Speculation - the Season Resumes 

Post#1825 » by Midnight_Suns » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:03 pm

Cameron Johnson is better than PJ Washington and Rui Hachimura. Unrelated to Cam, but Zion getting recognition for anything after playing only 24 games is a joke.
User avatar
King4Day
Head Coach
Posts: 6,812
And1: 4,106
Joined: Dec 11, 2010
Location: Pandora
         

Re: 2020 Season/Offseason (FA/Trade) Speculation - the Season Resumes 

Post#1826 » by King4Day » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:07 pm

On NBA radio, they talked about possibly seeing the Clips trade PatBev for Lonzo Ball.
What do people think about that for the Clips if they did it?
Formerly DarkHawk
Slim Charless
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,253
And1: 690
Joined: May 10, 2019
   

Re: 2020 Season/Offseason (FA/Trade) Speculation - the Season Resumes 

Post#1827 » by Slim Charless » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:42 pm

Wilber85 wrote:I cannot believe people wouldn't trade Booker for Giannis lol. Giannis plays defense, scores, passes, and rebounds.

Players will jump at the opportunity to join Giannis over Booker.

WHAT ARE YOU THINKING? Is this real life?


Aren't you the guy who claimed to be a billionaire? Why don't you buy the team and make it happen. Or better yet, find another team to follow if you want to trade our best guy-who is incredibly popular among other NBA players.
Fo-Real
Head Coach
Posts: 6,919
And1: 3,193
Joined: Mar 21, 2009
     

Re: 2020 Season/Offseason (FA/Trade) Speculation - the Season Resumes 

Post#1828 » by Fo-Real » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:59 pm

Slim Charless wrote:
Wilber85 wrote:I cannot believe people wouldn't trade Booker for Giannis lol. Giannis plays defense, scores, passes, and rebounds.

Players will jump at the opportunity to join Giannis over Booker.

WHAT ARE YOU THINKING? Is this real life?


Aren't you the guy who claimed to be a billionaire? Why don't you buy the team and make it happen. Or better yet, find another team to follow if you want to trade our best guy-who is incredibly popular among other NBA players.


:o
Revived
RealGM
Posts: 26,410
And1: 12,114
Joined: Feb 17, 2011

Re: 2020 Season/Offseason (FA/Trade) Speculation - the Season Resumes 

Post#1829 » by Revived » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:35 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
Revived wrote:I mentioned it earlier when he was complete ass against the Mavs but I can see the Clippers wanting to move on from Paul George after his historically horrific game 7 performance against Denver. I think Kawhi and his uncle themselves may recommend it to Ballmer. Their the ones who demanded to trade for him anyway.

He's a great regular season player and would help us from a standpoint of getting into the playoffs. I hope this is something James Jones inquires and looks into.


Kawhi was just about as bad....6-22 (27%)...George was 25%...a combined 10-38

He doesn’t have as much of a history of playing so terribly in clutch games though. I think everyone knows Kawhi likely won’t have another game like that in a game 7 again while it would be surprising for George to not completely **** the bed in a game 7 in the future.

He’s a great regular season player though and that’s why I’d be interested in acquiring him. Once we solidify ourselves as a playoff team, he will be in his mid 30s or so anyway so we can cut ties then.
Wilber85
Starter
Posts: 2,445
And1: 2,174
Joined: Oct 10, 2017
         

Re: 2020 Season/Offseason (FA/Trade) Speculation - the Season Resumes 

Post#1830 » by Wilber85 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:55 pm

Slim Charless wrote:
Wilber85 wrote:I cannot believe people wouldn't trade Booker for Giannis lol. Giannis plays defense, scores, passes, and rebounds.

Players will jump at the opportunity to join Giannis over Booker.

WHAT ARE YOU THINKING? Is this real life?


Aren't you the guy who claimed to be a billionaire? Why don't you buy the team and make it happen. Or better yet, find another team to follow if you want to trade our best guy-who is incredibly popular among other NBA players.


When did I claim to be a billionaire?

Why are you triggered because Giannis is better than Booker and is a two way player. I would rather take Giannis over Booker because he has winning records and plays both ways. He would bring other stars to Phoenix which Booker hasn't

Its called common sense. Go make a poll on the general board. Who would you rather build a team around right now Booker or Giannis and I bet 95% say Giannis

MVP all nba player or a player that made all star by default?
Slim Charless
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,253
And1: 690
Joined: May 10, 2019
   

Re: 2020 Season/Offseason (FA/Trade) Speculation - the Season Resumes 

Post#1831 » by Slim Charless » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:14 pm

Wilber85 wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:
Wilber85 wrote:I cannot believe people wouldn't trade Booker for Giannis lol. Giannis plays defense, scores, passes, and rebounds.

Players will jump at the opportunity to join Giannis over Booker.

WHAT ARE YOU THINKING? Is this real life?


Aren't you the guy who claimed to be a billionaire? Why don't you buy the team and make it happen. Or better yet, find another team to follow if you want to trade our best guy-who is incredibly popular among other NBA players.


When did I claim to be a billionaire?

Why are you triggered because Giannis is better than Booker and is a two way player. I would rather take Giannis over Booker because he has winning records and plays both ways. He would bring other stars to Phoenix which Booker hasn't

Its called common sense. Go make a poll on the general board. Who would you rather build a team around right now Booker or Giannis and I bet 95% say Giannis

MVP all nba player or a player that made all star by default?


"To be honest, I am blessed because my business has went from $15 bill market cap to $26 bill because of COVID. We are flourishing"

That's you in the political thread. Saying your business indicates that you own said business. If that's a lie or you don't know how to properly express your thoughts than say so.

I'm not triggered by anything you say but why trade Book while ignoring the obvious fit issues between Giannis and Ayton? Did you think that maybe the reason we haven't been able to get stars here is because we've been a dumpster fire these last few years? More over, with some maneuvering we might be able to sign Giannis outright next summer anyway.
User avatar
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 65,871
And1: 37,577
Joined: Feb 06, 2009
Location: Austin
Contact:
   

Re: 2020 Season/Offseason (FA/Trade) Speculation - the Season Resumes 

Post#1832 » by bwgood77 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:43 pm

Revived wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Revived wrote:I mentioned it earlier when he was complete ass against the Mavs but I can see the Clippers wanting to move on from Paul George after his historically horrific game 7 performance against Denver. I think Kawhi and his uncle themselves may recommend it to Ballmer. Their the ones who demanded to trade for him anyway.

He's a great regular season player and would help us from a standpoint of getting into the playoffs. I hope this is something James Jones inquires and looks into.


Kawhi was just about as bad....6-22 (27%)...George was 25%...a combined 10-38

He doesn’t have as much of a history of playing so terribly in clutch games though. I think everyone knows Kawhi likely won’t have another game like that in a game 7 again while it would be surprising for George to not completely **** the bed in a game 7 in the future.

He’s a great regular season player though and that’s why I’d be interested in acquiring him. Once we solidify ourselves as a playoff team, he will be in his mid 30s or so anyway so we can cut ties then.


I don't remember George choking before. I do remember him getting off to a slow start in the Dallas series but don't remember how he did in the playoffs last year. After his slow start he had had a lot of really good games.
Revived
RealGM
Posts: 26,410
And1: 12,114
Joined: Feb 17, 2011

Re: 2020 Season/Offseason (FA/Trade) Speculation - the Season Resumes 

Post#1833 » by Revived » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:56 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
Revived wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Kawhi was just about as bad....6-22 (27%)...George was 25%...a combined 10-38

He doesn’t have as much of a history of playing so terribly in clutch games though. I think everyone knows Kawhi likely won’t have another game like that in a game 7 again while it would be surprising for George to not completely **** the bed in a game 7 in the future.

He’s a great regular season player though and that’s why I’d be interested in acquiring him. Once we solidify ourselves as a playoff team, he will be in his mid 30s or so anyway so we can cut ties then.


I don't remember George choking before. I do remember him getting off to a slow start in the Dallas series but don't remember how he did in the playoffs last year. After his slow start he had had a lot of really good games.

Really? George has had a well earned reputation for being a choker going back to his days with Indiana.

cberry78
Senior
Posts: 562
And1: 572
Joined: Apr 21, 2015
 

Re: 2020 Season/Offseason (FA/Trade) Speculation - the Season Resumes 

Post#1834 » by cberry78 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:00 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
Revived wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Kawhi was just about as bad....6-22 (27%)...George was 25%...a combined 10-38

He doesn’t have as much of a history of playing so terribly in clutch games though. I think everyone knows Kawhi likely won’t have another game like that in a game 7 again while it would be surprising for George to not completely **** the bed in a game 7 in the future.

He’s a great regular season player though and that’s why I’d be interested in acquiring him. Once we solidify ourselves as a playoff team, he will be in his mid 30s or so anyway so we can cut ties then.


I don't remember George choking before. I do remember him getting off to a slow start in the Dallas series but don't remember how he did in the playoffs last year. After his slow start he had had a lot of really good games.

Somebody posted a tweet a few weeks ago which showed (I think) career regular season TS% vs career postseason TS% and George's numbers absolutely tanked in the postseason, especially vs players like Kawaii whose numbers went up.

George is Mr. regular season but is pretty much absent during the playoffs - except for the occasional game.

EDIT: LOL, my bad - it was you BW that posted the graphic - viewtopic.php?p=84223953#p84223953 - and I was wrong. :-? :lol:
User avatar
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 65,871
And1: 37,577
Joined: Feb 06, 2009
Location: Austin
Contact:
   

Re: 2020 Season/Offseason (FA/Trade) Speculation - the Season Resumes 

Post#1835 » by bwgood77 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:43 pm

cberry78 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Revived wrote:He doesn’t have as much of a history of playing so terribly in clutch games though. I think everyone knows Kawhi likely won’t have another game like that in a game 7 again while it would be surprising for George to not completely **** the bed in a game 7 in the future.

He’s a great regular season player though and that’s why I’d be interested in acquiring him. Once we solidify ourselves as a playoff team, he will be in his mid 30s or so anyway so we can cut ties then.


I don't remember George choking before. I do remember him getting off to a slow start in the Dallas series but don't remember how he did in the playoffs last year. After his slow start he had had a lot of really good games.

Somebody posted a tweet a few weeks ago which showed (I think) career regular season TS% vs career postseason TS% and George's numbers absolutely tanked in the postseason, especially vs players like Kawaii whose numbers went up.

George is Mr. regular season but is pretty much absent during the playoffs - except for the occasional game.

EDIT: LOL, my bad - it was you BW that posted the graphic - viewtopic.php?p=84223953#p84223953 - and I was wrong. :-? :lol:


Yeah, on that graph, Paul George gets a little worse in the playoffs, which should probably be expected, given tougher competition. As you can see, others on that graph get a lot worse..actually most everyone gets A LOT worse..the worst being Harden and Embiid, though Giannis bad too...KD and Curry pretty bad. What is funny is Chris Paul, who people call a choker, stays the exact same, as does Kyrie. The only one who noticeably gets better is Kawhi...Draymond Green a little better too.

Image
Wilber85
Starter
Posts: 2,445
And1: 2,174
Joined: Oct 10, 2017
         

Re: 2020 Season/Offseason (FA/Trade) Speculation - the Season Resumes 

Post#1836 » by Wilber85 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:55 pm

Slim Charless wrote:
Wilber85 wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:
Aren't you the guy who claimed to be a billionaire? Why don't you buy the team and make it happen. Or better yet, find another team to follow if you want to trade our best guy-who is incredibly popular among other NBA players.


When did I claim to be a billionaire?

Why are you triggered because Giannis is better than Booker and is a two way player. I would rather take Giannis over Booker because he has winning records and plays both ways. He would bring other stars to Phoenix which Booker hasn't

Its called common sense. Go make a poll on the general board. Who would you rather build a team around right now Booker or Giannis and I bet 95% say Giannis

MVP all nba player or a player that made all star by default?


"To be honest, I am blessed because my business has went from $15 bill market cap to $26 bill because of COVID. We are flourishing"

That's you in the political thread. Saying your business indicates that you own said business. If that's a lie or you don't know how to properly express your thoughts than say so.

I'm not triggered by anything you say but why trade Book while ignoring the obvious fit issues between Giannis and Ayton? Did you think that maybe the reason we haven't been able to get stars here is that we've been a dumpster fire these last few years? Moreover, with some maneuvering, we might be able to sign Giannis outright next summer anyway.



Yes, my company, my business I work for, I have stock in, etc. I am not the founder, nor an executive. If I was, I wouldn't be on this website and would buy the SUNS, then find out who you are and give you season tickets, but kick you out right before tip-off every time!

Also. Giannis and Ayton? They would be fine working together. That would be a force.

Like I said. Ask real GM. I would put $1k towards the majority saying Giannis. You down to make a bet?
User avatar
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 65,871
And1: 37,577
Joined: Feb 06, 2009
Location: Austin
Contact:
   

Re: 2020 Season/Offseason (FA/Trade) Speculation - the Season Resumes 

Post#1837 » by bwgood77 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:38 pm

Wilber85 wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:
Wilber85 wrote:
When did I claim to be a billionaire?

Why are you triggered because Giannis is better than Booker and is a two way player. I would rather take Giannis over Booker because he has winning records and plays both ways. He would bring other stars to Phoenix which Booker hasn't

Its called common sense. Go make a poll on the general board. Who would you rather build a team around right now Booker or Giannis and I bet 95% say Giannis

MVP all nba player or a player that made all star by default?


"To be honest, I am blessed because my business has went from $15 bill market cap to $26 bill because of COVID. We are flourishing"

That's you in the political thread. Saying your business indicates that you own said business. If that's a lie or you don't know how to properly express your thoughts than say so.

I'm not triggered by anything you say but why trade Book while ignoring the obvious fit issues between Giannis and Ayton? Did you think that maybe the reason we haven't been able to get stars here is that we've been a dumpster fire these last few years? Moreover, with some maneuvering, we might be able to sign Giannis outright next summer anyway.



Yes, my company, my business I work for, I have stock in, etc. I am not the founder, nor an executive. If I was, I wouldn't be on this website and would buy the SUNS, then find out who you are and give you season tickets, but kick you out right before tip-off every time!

Also. Giannis and Ayton? They would be fine working together. That would be a force.

Like I said. Ask real GM. I would put $1k towards the majority saying Giannis. You down to make a bet?


I don't think we should ask RealGM. I think the poll result would look quite different and it would look like a dumb question. I don't think anyone would bet you on this anyway.
User avatar
Frank Lee
RealGM
Posts: 10,449
And1: 4,802
Joined: Nov 07, 2006

Re: 2020 Season/Offseason (FA/Trade) Speculation - the Season Resumes 

Post#1838 » by Frank Lee » Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:42 am

I don’t get the love affair with Kennard.... certainly don’t get involving Oubre to get him. Furthermore, I don’t get the thought that we’ll be that much better trading Oubre in any of these pipe smoking deals. This whole notion that we have to move him because he is a FA after next year ignores the importance of fielding the best team we can this upcoming season. Keep in mind, we might lose Saric, might lose Baynes. We go back to the old model of 4-5 new guys expected to contribute... well that is a step backwards IMO.
What ? Me Worry ?
Slim Charless
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,253
And1: 690
Joined: May 10, 2019
   

Re: 2020 Season/Offseason (FA/Trade) Speculation - the Season Resumes 

Post#1839 » by Slim Charless » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:20 am

Wilber85 wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:
Wilber85 wrote:
When did I claim to be a billionaire?

Why are you triggered because Giannis is better than Booker and is a two way player. I would rather take Giannis over Booker because he has winning records and plays both ways. He would bring other stars to Phoenix which Booker hasn't

Its called common sense. Go make a poll on the general board. Who would you rather build a team around right now Booker or Giannis and I bet 95% say Giannis

MVP all nba player or a player that made all star by default?


"To be honest, I am blessed because my business has went from $15 bill market cap to $26 bill because of COVID. We are flourishing"

That's you in the political thread. Saying your business indicates that you own said business. If that's a lie or you don't know how to properly express your thoughts than say so.

I'm not triggered by anything you say but why trade Book while ignoring the obvious fit issues between Giannis and Ayton? Did you think that maybe the reason we haven't been able to get stars here is that we've been a dumpster fire these last few years? Moreover, with some maneuvering, we might be able to sign Giannis outright next summer anyway.



Yes, my company, my business I work for, I have stock in, etc. I am not the founder, nor an executive. If I was, I wouldn't be on this website and would buy the SUNS, then find out who you are and give you season tickets, but kick you out right before tip-off every time!

Also. Giannis and Ayton? They would be fine working together. That would be a force.

Like I said. Ask real GM. I would put $1k towards the majority saying Giannis. You down to make a bet?


Cool. Let me make an internet bet with someone who got busted either lying or can't figure out the difference that a company that you work for =/= a company that you own.

You missed the point, per usual with the rest of my post. The main(only) reason we would even get a meeting with Giannis in the 1st place is Booker. You trade for him in order to play the 2 of them together. Trading 1 for the other simply leaves us w/ the same issue of 1 star surrounded by young players.

Also, it leaves you w/ locker room issues as you just traded ur best player-who after toughing it out here without bitching finally gets a winning team and then gets traded. Brilliant! I'm sure other players can't wait to sign here after that loyalty shown by management and our own players and the chemistry that we developed in the bubble won't be affected at all.

This doesn't even go to the point that Giannis might not even be a #1 he might be simply a really good #2 who needs an Alpha to take over at the end of games. And yes, there would be major spacing issues with him and Ayton-who can't shoot 3s anywhere near as good as the Lopez bros that Giannis played with in MIL.
User avatar
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
Posts: 23,703
And1: 11,715
Joined: Oct 16, 2007
Location: Australia

Re: 2020 Season/Offseason (FA/Trade) Speculation - the Season Resumes 

Post#1840 » by lilfishi22 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:32 am

Frank Lee wrote:I don’t get the love affair with Kennard.... certainly don’t get involving Oubre to get him. Furthermore, I don’t get the thought that we’ll be that much better trading Oubre in any of these pipe smoking deals. This whole notion that we have to move him because he is a FA after next year ignores the importance of fielding the best team we can this upcoming season. Keep in mind, we might lose Saric, might lose Baynes. We go back to the old model of 4-5 new guys expected to contribute... well that is a step backwards IMO.

+1

Neither do I, especially with the knee issues.
alamin330 wrote:This draft reminds me of the 2003 draft.
Lebron - Zion, Barrett like Melo, wade like Culver, garland like tj ford, hunter like bosh, white like Barbosa, Clarke like David West. I think this draft is actually going to be deeper though

Return to Phoenix Suns