ImageImageImage

2020 Season/Offseason (FA/Trade) Speculation - the Season Resumes

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22, Kerrsed

Would you trade Booker for Giannis if he'd re-sign, for a Rubio, Mikal, Cam, Giannis, Ayton lineup?

Yes
20
41%
No
29
59%
 
Total votes: 49

Wilber85
Starter
Posts: 2,445
And1: 2,174
Joined: Oct 10, 2017
         

Re: 2020 Season/Offseason (FA/Trade) Speculation - the Season Resumes 

Post#1841 » by Wilber85 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:38 am

Slim Charless wrote:
Wilber85 wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:
"To be honest, I am blessed because my business has went from $15 bill market cap to $26 bill because of COVID. We are flourishing"

That's you in the political thread. Saying your business indicates that you own said business. If that's a lie or you don't know how to properly express your thoughts than say so.

I'm not triggered by anything you say but why trade Book while ignoring the obvious fit issues between Giannis and Ayton? Did you think that maybe the reason we haven't been able to get stars here is that we've been a dumpster fire these last few years? Moreover, with some maneuvering, we might be able to sign Giannis outright next summer anyway.



Yes, my company, my business I work for, I have stock in, etc. I am not the founder, nor an executive. If I was, I wouldn't be on this website and would buy the SUNS, then find out who you are and give you season tickets, but kick you out right before tip-off every time!

Also. Giannis and Ayton? They would be fine working together. That would be a force.

Like I said. Ask real GM. I would put $1k towards the majority saying Giannis. You down to make a bet?


Cool. Let me make an internet bet with someone who got busted either lying or can't figure out the difference that a company that you work for =/= a company that you own.

You missed the point, per usual with the rest of my post. The main(only) reason we would even get a meeting with Giannis in the 1st place is Booker. You trade for him in order to play the 2 of them together. Trading 1 for the other simply leaves us w/ the same issue of 1 star surrounded by young players.

Also, it leaves you w/ locker room issues as you just traded ur best player-who after toughing it out here without bitching finally gets a winning team and then gets traded. Brilliant! I'm sure other players can't wait to sign here after that loyalty shown by management and our own players and the chemistry that we developed in the bubble won't be affected at all.

This doesn't even go to the point that Giannis might not even be a #1 he might be simply a really good #2 who needs an Alpha to take over at the end of games. And yes, there would be major spacing issues with him and Ayton-who can't shoot 3s anywhere near as good as the Lopez bros that Giannis played with in MIL.


What are you talking about? Did you really thing someone is a billionaire and on Real GM commenting? hahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. My Business / My Company means the company / business I work for, not once did I say the business or company that I own. Must be a biden supporter

You really are stuck with Booker going to be an All Star and a #1 on a playoff team. That will never happen. He will score and look good scoring, but he wont ever be a two way player or a leader. He is not vocal enough.

You are talking about Giannis maybe a #2 but he has made the playoffs. Booker hasn't. His best season was this year!

IF Giannis was here with booker he would be our #1 and Booker would be the #2 . Not the other way around.
User avatar
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 65,871
And1: 37,577
Joined: Feb 06, 2009
Location: Austin
Contact:
   

Re: 2020 Season/Offseason (FA/Trade) Speculation - the Season Resumes 

Post#1842 » by bwgood77 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:59 am

lilfishi22 wrote:
Frank Lee wrote:I don’t get the love affair with Kennard.... certainly don’t get involving Oubre to get him. Furthermore, I don’t get the thought that we’ll be that much better trading Oubre in any of these pipe smoking deals. This whole notion that we have to move him because he is a FA after next year ignores the importance of fielding the best team we can this upcoming season. Keep in mind, we might lose Saric, might lose Baynes. We go back to the old model of 4-5 new guys expected to contribute... well that is a step backwards IMO.

+1

Neither do I, especially with the knee issues.


Does someone have a love affair with Kennard? I know I mentioned I would think about trading Oubre for him if we were not planning on re-signing Oubre, but that was before I realized he had knee issues...just thought it might be worth getting something for Oubre rather than nothing since his trade value likely isn't particularly high, for reasons mentioned. But do like team players and a 3rd years SG shooting 40% from 3 and over 4 ast per game, to back up Booker sounds like the type of player we could use if healthy. The bubble showed how important Oubre was to our team on the court.
User avatar
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 65,871
And1: 37,577
Joined: Feb 06, 2009
Location: Austin
Contact:
   

Re: 2020 Season/Offseason (FA/Trade) Speculation - the Season Resumes 

Post#1843 » by bwgood77 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:18 am

I guess I'll put this here instead of some Suns history thread or something....from Paul Westphal's wife:

CHARLES BARKLEY ~ He’s been busy on TNT during the NBA playoffs, but since the Clippers lost, he had a few days off. He chose to spend it getting on a plane to fly out to Phoenix just to see his old coach. “You don’t think I’d fly out here for the weather, do you?” :P That said, it was too hot to visit on our patio which is where he found Paul when he arrived at our home today. So, eventually the *party* moved inside where there was air conditioning.
They met in 1992 when Charles was traded from Philly to Phoenix. “You got me out of jail,” Charles told Paul. As Kai and Maile’s mouths dropped open, we had to quickly explain ....”No, Charles wasn’t really in jail. He means *basketball jail,* kids.” :lol:
All through school his friends called him by his middle name, Wade. Then once in college, he answered to Charles. When he arrived in Phoenix, rookie Coach Westphal decided to call him Chuck. He’s the first to have done that and it has stuck ever since. :)
AND what a year that was! It was truly magical....with a cast of many great players and diverse personalities....Chuck being the biggest character of all, taking the team to the NBA Finals against the Bulls. While there were plenty of laughs and wonderful stories reminisced over for a couple of hours today as six of us sat around our living room, at the very end you could hear a pin drop....
Charles to Paul...”I’ve said this before, but I want to say it again in front of your baby girl and your grandchildren. You are a really good person. Authentic. And it isn’t easy to find authentic in the NBA. They’re there, but it isn’t easy. Thank you for everything you’ve done for me. I love you.”
I’m not sure if it’s the actual brain cancer itself or the recent effects of the treatment he’s been through, but Paul speaks very slowly now. It’s hard for him to form and express all the words he’d like to say. So in response to Chuck, he said...”You’ve done stuff for me, too. I love you.” There was a twinkle in his eye that put a smile on all our faces in that sweet moment.
Walking Charles to the door to see him out, I got the biggest bear hug from him that just might have squeezed out a few tears at the same time. Huge-hearted, generous Chuck! I love you, too, and can’t thank you enough for today..... cindy


https://www.facebook.com/westy44/posts/1672179682951354
User avatar
Frank Lee
RealGM
Posts: 10,449
And1: 4,802
Joined: Nov 07, 2006

Re: 2020 Season/Offseason (FA/Trade) Speculation - the Season Resumes 

Post#1844 » by Frank Lee » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:22 am

I’ll take Mikal as my back up SG.

When you map out the minutes, Oubre included.... we have SG/SF covered, and most of PF. There’s no need for a big move.... just a tweak addition or two... sign Saric Now as pf/c, add a smart versatile wing rook, and may be one more big and we are set. I flip flop On Baynes, and frankly, would be just as happy with Giles or Boucher, as long as Dario stays. Why mess with a good thing? If it ain’t broke......
What ? Me Worry ?
User avatar
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 65,871
And1: 37,577
Joined: Feb 06, 2009
Location: Austin
Contact:
   

Re: 2020 Season/Offseason (FA/Trade) Speculation - the Season Resumes 

Post#1845 » by bwgood77 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:30 am

I'd definitely love to keep Baynes. His presence had a big impact on the season and on Ayton. I think him and Rubio are what sparked are turnaround along with, of course, Monty, but those vets were a big part of it. But it may depend on what Baynes wants. If doing something like an Oubre swap for a healthy Kennard allowed us to have the funds to keep Baynes, because Sarver was working on his own budget for the season, I think that would definitely be a positive move for the team to keep Baynes presence around.
User avatar
bigfoot
Suns Forum Anti-Tank Commander
Posts: 7,792
And1: 4,409
Joined: Sep 16, 2010
 

Re: 2020 Season/Offseason (FA/Trade) Speculation - the Season Resumes 

Post#1846 » by bigfoot » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:57 am

bwgood77 wrote:I guess I'll put this here instead of some Suns history thread or something....from Paul Westphal's wife:

CHARLES BARKLEY ~ He’s been busy on TNT during the NBA playoffs, but since the Clippers lost, he had a few days off. He chose to spend it getting on a plane to fly out to Phoenix just to see his old coach. “You don’t think I’d fly out here for the weather, do you?” :P That said, it was too hot to visit on our patio which is where he found Paul when he arrived at our home today. So, eventually the *party* moved inside where there was air conditioning.
They met in 1992 when Charles was traded from Philly to Phoenix. “You got me out of jail,” Charles told Paul. As Kai and Maile’s mouths dropped open, we had to quickly explain ....”No, Charles wasn’t really in jail. He means *basketball jail,* kids.” :lol:
All through school his friends called him by his middle name, Wade. Then once in college, he answered to Charles. When he arrived in Phoenix, rookie Coach Westphal decided to call him Chuck. He’s the first to have done that and it has stuck ever since. :)
AND what a year that was! It was truly magical....with a cast of many great players and diverse personalities....Chuck being the biggest character of all, taking the team to the NBA Finals against the Bulls. While there were plenty of laughs and wonderful stories reminisced over for a couple of hours today as six of us sat around our living room, at the very end you could hear a pin drop....
Charles to Paul...”I’ve said this before, but I want to say it again in front of your baby girl and your grandchildren. You are a really good person. Authentic. And it isn’t easy to find authentic in the NBA. They’re there, but it isn’t easy. Thank you for everything you’ve done for me. I love you.”
I’m not sure if it’s the actual brain cancer itself or the recent effects of the treatment he’s been through, but Paul speaks very slowly now. It’s hard for him to form and express all the words he’d like to say. So in response to Chuck, he said...”You’ve done stuff for me, too. I love you.” There was a twinkle in his eye that put a smile on all our faces in that sweet moment.
Walking Charles to the door to see him out, I got the biggest bear hug from him that just might have squeezed out a few tears at the same time. Huge-hearted, generous Chuck! I love you, too, and can’t thank you enough for today..... cindy


https://www.facebook.com/westy44/posts/1672179682951354


Image
Slim Charless
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,253
And1: 690
Joined: May 10, 2019
   

Re: 2020 Season/Offseason (FA/Trade) Speculation - the Season Resumes 

Post#1847 » by Slim Charless » Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:06 am

Wilber85 wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:
Wilber85 wrote:

Yes, my company, my business I work for, I have stock in, etc. I am not the founder, nor an executive. If I was, I wouldn't be on this website and would buy the SUNS, then find out who you are and give you season tickets, but kick you out right before tip-off every time!

Also. Giannis and Ayton? They would be fine working together. That would be a force.

Like I said. Ask real GM. I would put $1k towards the majority saying Giannis. You down to make a bet?


Cool. Let me make an internet bet with someone who got busted either lying or can't figure out the difference that a company that you work for =/= a company that you own.

You missed the point, per usual with the rest of my post. The main(only) reason we would even get a meeting with Giannis in the 1st place is Booker. You trade for him in order to play the 2 of them together. Trading 1 for the other simply leaves us w/ the same issue of 1 star surrounded by young players.

Also, it leaves you w/ locker room issues as you just traded ur best player-who after toughing it out here without bitching finally gets a winning team and then gets traded. Brilliant! I'm sure other players can't wait to sign here after that loyalty shown by management and our own players and the chemistry that we developed in the bubble won't be affected at all.

This doesn't even go to the point that Giannis might not even be a #1 he might be simply a really good #2 who needs an Alpha to take over at the end of games. And yes, there would be major spacing issues with him and Ayton-who can't shoot 3s anywhere near as good as the Lopez bros that Giannis played with in MIL.


What are you talking about? Did you really thing someone is a billionaire and on Real GM commenting? hahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. My Business / My Company means the company / business I work for, not once did I say the business or company that I own. Must be a biden supporter

You really are stuck with Booker going to be an All Star and a #1 on a playoff team. That will never happen. He will score and look good scoring, but he wont ever be a two way player or a leader. He is not vocal enough.

You are talking about Giannis maybe a #2 but he has made the playoffs. Booker hasn't. His best season was this year!

IF Giannis was here with booker he would be our #1 and Booker would be the #2 . Not the other way around.


No, I didn't think that you were a billionaire-I'm pointing out that you're talking out of your a** like usual and making fun of you for not knowing how to type. I am happy that McDonald's has increased their value over the course of these last few months though :wink: Hopefully cleaning up the urinals isn't too crazy for you now.

Giannis has no outside shot and can't get his own shot easily. Booker would be the one taking the final shot if they needed one. You have the worst takes on this board lol.
Wilber85
Starter
Posts: 2,445
And1: 2,174
Joined: Oct 10, 2017
         

Re: 2020 Season/Offseason (FA/Trade) Speculation - the Season Resumes 

Post#1848 » by Wilber85 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:36 am

Slim Charless wrote:
Wilber85 wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:
Cool. Let me make an internet bet with someone who got busted either lying or can't figure out the difference that a company that you work for =/= a company that you own.

You missed the point, per usual with the rest of my post. The main(only) reason we would even get a meeting with Giannis in the 1st place is Booker. You trade for him in order to play the 2 of them together. Trading 1 for the other simply leaves us w/ the same issue of 1 star surrounded by young players.

Also, it leaves you w/ locker room issues as you just traded ur best player-who after toughing it out here without bitching finally gets a winning team and then gets traded. Brilliant! I'm sure other players can't wait to sign here after that loyalty shown by management and our own players and the chemistry that we developed in the bubble won't be affected at all.

This doesn't even go to the point that Giannis might not even be a #1 he might be simply a really good #2 who needs an Alpha to take over at the end of games. And yes, there would be major spacing issues with him and Ayton-who can't shoot 3s anywhere near as good as the Lopez bros that Giannis played with in MIL.


What are you talking about? Did you really thing someone is a billionaire and on Real GM commenting? hahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. My Business / My Company means the company / business I work for, not once did I say the business or company that I own. Must be a biden supporter

You really are stuck with Booker going to be an All Star and a #1 on a playoff team. That will never happen. He will score and look good scoring, but he wont ever be a two way player or a leader. He is not vocal enough.

You are talking about Giannis maybe a #2 but he has made the playoffs. Booker hasn't. His best season was this year!

IF Giannis was here with booker he would be our #1 and Booker would be the #2 . Not the other way around.


No, I didn't think that you were a billionaire-I'm pointing out that you're talking out of your a** like usual and making fun of you for not knowing how to type. I am happy that McDonald's has increased their value over the course of these last few months though :wink: Hopefully cleaning up the urinals isn't too crazy for you now.

Giannis has no outside shot and can't get his own shot easily. Booker would be the one taking the final shot if they needed one. You have the worst takes on this board lol.


Yeah worst takes on the board! You think Booker is a #1 . He will never be a #1. Let reality hit.

Also What do you have against Mcdonalds workers? Are you saying they are low lifes? That is definitely wrong, and pretty sad.

Lastly. Half the time I type from my phone.

Message me: Let's compare careers! Let's bet on the general board and who they would rather start a team with Booker or Giannis. I will put my mortgage Giannis comes out on top! All you do is talk man
Slim Charless
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,253
And1: 690
Joined: May 10, 2019
   

Re: 2020 Season/Offseason (FA/Trade) Speculation - the Season Resumes 

Post#1849 » by Slim Charless » Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:53 am

Wilber85 wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:
Wilber85 wrote:
What are you talking about? Did you really thing someone is a billionaire and on Real GM commenting? hahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. My Business / My Company means the company / business I work for, not once did I say the business or company that I own. Must be a biden supporter

You really are stuck with Booker going to be an All Star and a #1 on a playoff team. That will never happen. He will score and look good scoring, but he wont ever be a two way player or a leader. He is not vocal enough.

You are talking about Giannis maybe a #2 but he has made the playoffs. Booker hasn't. His best season was this year!

IF Giannis was here with booker he would be our #1 and Booker would be the #2 . Not the other way around.


No, I didn't think that you were a billionaire-I'm pointing out that you're talking out of your a** like usual and making fun of you for not knowing how to type. I am happy that McDonald's has increased their value over the course of these last few months though :wink: Hopefully cleaning up the urinals isn't too crazy for you now.

Giannis has no outside shot and can't get his own shot easily. Booker would be the one taking the final shot if they needed one. You have the worst takes on this board lol.


Yeah worst takes on the board! You think Booker is a #1 . He will never be a #1. Let reality hit.

Also What do you have against Mcdonalds workers? Are you saying they are low lifes? That is definitely wrong, and pretty sad.

Lastly. Half the time I type from my phone.

Message me: Let's compare careers! Let's bet on the general board and who they would rather start a team with Booker or Giannis. I will put my mortgage Giannis comes out on top! All you do is talk man



LMAO. This is a message board buddy. The whole point of all of this is to talk-once again you miss the point. Put your mortgage on a RealGM opinion bet? LOL. Let me know how it goes. Speaking of triggered you seem to be getting there pretty quickly. Maybe take some time off the computer and walk around whatever you call home...I'll wait.

Once you get back I can tell you that sure, if you're building a team from the start than Giannis comes out ahead. We already have a team- one that was built around what Booker does well: a defensive pass-first PG, a wing that can hit the open shot while locking down the opponent's best player, possibly the most athletic C in the league and a 4 that hits deadeye from 3 while holding his own on defense. All of this comes with some decent bench guys and a top 10 draft pick. All of these guys are all under the age of 24yrs old and we have a coach that has all of their respect.

You make a trade to combine Booker+Giannis, not trade them for each other.
Wilber85
Starter
Posts: 2,445
And1: 2,174
Joined: Oct 10, 2017
         

Re: 2020 Season/Offseason (FA/Trade) Speculation - the Season Resumes 

Post#1850 » by Wilber85 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:54 am

Slim Charless wrote:
Wilber85 wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:
No, I didn't think that you were a billionaire-I'm pointing out that you're talking out of your a** like usual and making fun of you for not knowing how to type. I am happy that McDonald's has increased their value over the course of these last few months though :wink: Hopefully cleaning up the urinals isn't too crazy for you now.

Giannis has no outside shot and can't get his own shot easily. Booker would be the one taking the final shot if they needed one. You have the worst takes on this board lol.


Yeah worst takes on the board! You think Booker is a #1 . He will never be a #1. Let reality hit.

Also What do you have against Mcdonalds workers? Are you saying they are low lifes? That is definitely wrong, and pretty sad.

Lastly. Half the time I type from my phone.

Message me: Let's compare careers! Let's bet on the general board and who they would rather start a team with Booker or Giannis. I will put my mortgage Giannis comes out on top! All you do is talk man



LMAO. This is a message board buddy. The whole point of all of this is to talk-once again you miss the point. Put your mortgage on a RealGM opinion bet? LOL. Let me know how it goes. Speaking of triggered you seem to be getting there pretty quickly. Maybe take some time off the computer and walk around whatever you call home...I'll wait.

Once you get back I can tell you that sure, if you're building a team from the start than Giannis comes out ahead. We already have a team- one that was built around what Booker does well: a defensive pass-first PG, a wing that can hit the open shot while locking down the opponent's best player, possibly the most athletic C in the league and a 4 that hits deadeye from 3 while holding his own on defense. All of this comes with some decent bench guys and a top 10 draft pick. All of these guys are all under the age of 24yrs old and we have a coach that has all of their respect.

You make a trade to combine Booker+Giannis, not trade them for each other.


Side note: Giannis isn't coming here. Nobody is. They do not want to play for this organization with horrible management. Until Sarver sells, Suns will be the Suns.
cberry78
Senior
Posts: 562
And1: 572
Joined: Apr 21, 2015
 

Re: 2020 Season/Offseason (FA/Trade) Speculation - the Season Resumes 

Post#1851 » by cberry78 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:06 am

Wilber85 wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:
Wilber85 wrote:
Yeah worst takes on the board! You think Booker is a #1 . He will never be a #1. Let reality hit.

Also What do you have against Mcdonalds workers? Are you saying they are low lifes? That is definitely wrong, and pretty sad.

Lastly. Half the time I type from my phone.

Message me: Let's compare careers! Let's bet on the general board and who they would rather start a team with Booker or Giannis. I will put my mortgage Giannis comes out on top! All you do is talk man



LMAO. This is a message board buddy. The whole point of all of this is to talk-once again you miss the point. Put your mortgage on a RealGM opinion bet? LOL. Let me know how it goes. Speaking of triggered you seem to be getting there pretty quickly. Maybe take some time off the computer and walk around whatever you call home...I'll wait.

Once you get back I can tell you that sure, if you're building a team from the start than Giannis comes out ahead. We already have a team- one that was built around what Booker does well: a defensive pass-first PG, a wing that can hit the open shot while locking down the opponent's best player, possibly the most athletic C in the league and a 4 that hits deadeye from 3 while holding his own on defense. All of this comes with some decent bench guys and a top 10 draft pick. All of these guys are all under the age of 24yrs old and we have a coach that has all of their respect.

You make a trade to combine Booker+Giannis, not trade them for each other.


Side note: Giannis isn't coming here. Nobody is. They do not want to play for this organization with horrible management. Until Sarver sells, Suns will be the Suns.

Serious question: What would it take for you to find another team to root for?
sunsbg
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,657
And1: 944
Joined: Feb 29, 2016

Re: 2020 Season/Offseason (FA/Trade) Speculation - the Season Resumes 

Post#1852 » by sunsbg » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:27 am

Trading Booker instead DA for GA makes no sense, but if this somehow happens you simply move CJ to SG to space the floor and you have a very good team. Actually one I'm more confident will make the playoffs next season. With DA's improved 3pt shooting you ask him to take more 3s, he'll probably be very happy in Lopez role anyway, who btw didn't exactly kill it from 3 during the season (.314 3PFG%). Still the Bucks had the best RS record, while the Suns needed a miracle to make the playoffs.

I would put my life savings as well on GB picking Giannis over Devin.
sunsbg
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,657
And1: 944
Joined: Feb 29, 2016

Re: 2020 Season/Offseason (FA/Trade) Speculation - the Season Resumes 

Post#1853 » by sunsbg » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:36 am

bwgood77 wrote: The bubble showed how important Oubre was to our team on the court.


Hehe, one more of your "opinions" about KO being a locker room cheerleader at best.

Mikal was nowhere to be found during the start of the season great run. Also putting him in the starting lineup was supposed to dramatically change things and IIRC didn't change anything win-wise. I guess that shows his true value to the team.

Not hating on Mikal, just amused by your "opinion" when it comes to KO.
AtheJ415
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,331
And1: 4,104
Joined: Jul 07, 2014

Re: 2020 Season/Offseason (FA/Trade) Speculation - the Season Resumes 

Post#1854 » by AtheJ415 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:49 am

If the rumors of LAC blowing it up are true, I wonder if we could move Oubre for Shamet and (maybe Zubac or Mann). I don't know if we'd take a swing at George. As atrocious as he's been in the bubble he's still a top 25 player and only has 2 years left on his contract so we wouldn't be bogged down forever.
AtheJ415
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,331
And1: 4,104
Joined: Jul 07, 2014

Re: 2020 Season/Offseason (FA/Trade) Speculation - the Season Resumes 

Post#1855 » by AtheJ415 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:51 am

Oubre is a solid player and he has a ton of athletic upside but he is generally overrated because he's an in-your-face personality. He's a worse passer than Warren, who quietly went about his business and everybody here hated Warren's lack of passing when Oubre is the same way he just scores drastically less efficiently. Oubre is a non-passing wing who is an overrated defender, but does have upside on that end and particularly if he improves his 3 ball. I'm fine keeping Oubre, but he isn't a future star imo. Odds of that happening are rather low, and the problem I see is that he will want to be paid like he is one.
User avatar
Frank Lee
RealGM
Posts: 10,449
And1: 4,802
Joined: Nov 07, 2006

Re: 2020 Season/Offseason (FA/Trade) Speculation - the Season Resumes 

Post#1856 » by Frank Lee » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:29 am

Wilber85 wrote:Side note: Giannis isn't coming here. Nobody is. They do not want to play for this organization with horrible management. Until Sarver sells, Suns will be the Suns.


That’s horsesh**

Really... rank the reason why FAs sign... I put Money, team, town, playing time/role, coach all above the owner. It’s an easy eyepoke to blame Sarver for things that don’t happen. Sure, he’s somewhat of a social douche, and he may not have mountains of money, but he isn’t the train wreck he was. We are on the right tracks, give credit to who/what you want, but I like the management revamping that has gone on.... and I like this teams chances....

When you guys get done stroking your rosters, I think you’ll see very little changes in what this team looks like. It isn’t that hard to run it out again. Especially if the players want to be here. And I’ve read nothing to counter that.
What ? Me Worry ?
RunDogGun
RealGM
Posts: 13,085
And1: 2,351
Joined: Jun 27, 2009
Location: Beyond the Sun
       

Re: 2020 Season/Offseason (FA/Trade) Speculation - the Season Resumes 

Post#1857 » by RunDogGun » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:07 pm

Frank Lee wrote:I’ll take Mikal as my back up SG.

When you map out the minutes, Oubre included.... we have SG/SF covered, and most of PF. There’s no need for a big move.... just a tweak addition or two... sign Saric Now as pf/c, add a smart versatile wing rook, and may be one more big and we are set. I flip flop On Baynes, and frankly, would be just as happy with Giles or Boucher, as long as Dario stays. Why mess with a good thing? If it ain’t broke......

Yep, minor tweaks to the roster and try to keep as much of the line up together. I thought Payne was a good pick up. I also liked Saric playing a lot of backup center minutes. It seemed like he played better in that role. Hopefully we can resign him. I would like to keep Baynes, but i wouldn't mind finding a younger hungrier player for that deeper bench spot. Either way our direction seems like a solid one.
Wilber85
Starter
Posts: 2,445
And1: 2,174
Joined: Oct 10, 2017
         

Re: 2020 Season/Offseason (FA/Trade) Speculation - the Season Resumes 

Post#1858 » by Wilber85 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:27 pm

cberry78 wrote:
Wilber85 wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:

LMAO. This is a message board buddy. The whole point of all of this is to talk-once again you miss the point. Put your mortgage on a RealGM opinion bet? LOL. Let me know how it goes. Speaking of triggered you seem to be getting there pretty quickly. Maybe take some time off the computer and walk around whatever you call home...I'll wait.

Once you get back I can tell you that sure, if you're building a team from the start than Giannis comes out ahead. We already have a team- one that was built around what Booker does well: a defensive pass-first PG, a wing that can hit the open shot while locking down the opponent's best player, possibly the most athletic C in the league and a 4 that hits deadeye from 3 while holding his own on defense. All of this comes with some decent bench guys and a top 10 draft pick. All of these guys are all under the age of 24yrs old and we have a coach that has all of their respect.

You make a trade to combine Booker+Giannis, not trade them for each other.


Side note: Giannis isn't coming here. Nobody is. They do not want to play for this organization with horrible management. Until Sarver sells, Suns will be the Suns.

Serious question: What would it take for you to find another team to root for?


You can't take honesty? You really think the Suns are finally going to be a playoff team with Booker at #1?

I am all for the Suns lol. Have been for the Suns. Been on this site for over 10 years talking about the suns. Was a season ticket holder when I lived in Phoenix.

Sorry about being honest about the team! Sorry it hurts your feelings.

Also I have never said Booker isn't good. He is good . He is one of the best scorers. I am saying he isn't vocal like a #1 and a leader like a #1 and his defense is horrible.
User avatar
Ghost of Kleine
Analyst
Posts: 3,341
And1: 1,048
Joined: Apr 13, 2012

Re: 2020 Season/Offseason (FA/Trade) Speculation - the Season Resumes 

Post#1859 » by Ghost of Kleine » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:34 pm

AtheJ415 wrote:If the rumors of LAC blowing it up are true, I wonder if we could move Oubre for Shamet and (maybe Zubac or Mann). I don't know if we'd take a swing at George. As atrocious as he's been in the bubble he's still a top 25 player and only has 2 years left on his contract so we wouldn't be bogged down forever.


I don't know that they'd choose to blow things up, But IF there's a trade to be had, I'd definitely still want Kabengele/ Shamet included at the minimum. Kabengele is still 6'10, Mobile, Blocks shots and can hit the three at a solid clip. He'd be a prime candidate to replace Diallo honestly.

Also, I don't understand why more people aren't high on Nik Claxton honestly. The dude is pretty unique at 6'11 215 lbs. But with a 7'3 Wingspana 36 inch vertical. :o ( That's the same measurables as freaking Giannis)!!! He can dribble/ hit threes/ rebound/ block shots. He's a super versatile defender, and also has a diverse offensive base to build off of. Best of all, He's currently only making around 898,000 contractually. He'd be a steal for us via trade with Brooklyn. But we'd have to acquire him before Brooklyn and every other team realizes his true value and immense potential.
Check out his fluidity on this video.


And his defense:
.
I'd love for him to give us bench depth at the backup 4/5. ( Can replace Kaminsky or Diallos' spot). :nod: So if the primary players that we covet are off the board, And we look to trade back, Why not consider something along the lines of the 10th pick for the Nets 19/55 picks.
19- Draft one of :
Grant Riller/ Kira Lewis/ Cole Anthony, etc. ( Whoever falls).
55- Draft one of:
Sam Merrill/ Trevelin Queen/ Naji Marshall, Skylar Mays. etc? :dontknow:
Image
Desertfox
Junior
Posts: 423
And1: 386
Joined: Jan 31, 2010
     

Re: 2020 Season/Offseason (FA/Trade) Speculation - the Season Resumes 

Post#1860 » by Desertfox » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:57 pm

Ghost of Kleine wrote:I don't know that they'd choose to blow things up, But IF there's a trade to be had, I'd definitely still want Kabengele/ Shamet included at the minimum. Kabengele is still 6'10, Mobile, Blocks shots and can hit the three at a solid clip. He'd be a prime candidate to replace Diallo honestly.

I really like this trade idea, two young players at the two positions we need. I would also try to go for Markannen + Sato or Kebler + Curry/Wright. Basically I'd want a 4/5 potential starter and a 1/2 solid backup. Draft Vasell to be the backup 3 and the team is set.

Return to Phoenix Suns