ImageImageImage

2020 Season/Offseason (FA/Trade) Speculation - the Season Resumes

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

If Suns get Chris Paul, who will be the 2nd leading scorer on the team?

Ayton
94%
Paul
6%

Total votes: 47

Kerrsed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,578

Re: 2020 Season/Offseason (FA/Trade) Speculation - the Season Resumes 

Post#2401 » by Kerrsed » Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:14 pm

Read on Twitter
Its #DUMPSTERFIRE SEASON! #TeamTRAINWRECK -KERRSED- The Mod, The Myth, The Legend
darmani
Sixth Man
And1: 2,724

Post#2402 » by darmani » Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:24 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:
Read on Twitter

Didn't realize the deadline was this soon. I expect them to extend QOs to both guys because you can actually pull it later on as long as the player hasn't signed it and players only ever sign those as a last resort if FA doesn't go their way.

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app

Read on Twitter
"Can’t talk basketball with everybody" - Devin Booker
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,637

Post#2403 » by Saberestar » Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:14 pm

Shams confirms that we want Jerami Grant.
Grant and the Denver Nuggets have significant mutual interest on a new deal.

The Detroit Pistons, Phoenix Suns and Dallas Mavericks are also expected to show interest in Grant.
Walt_Uoob
Senior
And1: 403

Post#2404 » by Walt_Uoob » Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:28 pm

Frank Lee wrote:No mystery why both Watson and McDontKnowWhatToDoNow are not working

I was a McD apologist for a long time but now the only thing I miss about him is your variations on his name
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,657

Post#2405 » by WeekapaugGroove » Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:44 pm

Walt_Uoob wrote:
Frank Lee wrote:No mystery why both Watson and McDontKnowWhatToDoNow are not working

I was a McD apologist for a long time but now the only thing I miss about him is your variations on his name
Ha yeah Frank deserves some credit for seeing through McExcuses bull early on. I was a little late to the party but once I realized he stunk I was all the way out.

I tend to give coaches and GMs the benefit of the doubt and think fans in general are a little too 'fire everybody' happy. Heck I'm still in the evaluation phase with Jones. I think he understands culture well and probably has a long career as an executive but the jury is still out on his talent evaluation and the mechanics of the GM position. I'll be curious to see how he does this next year now that the purging of the McDs days roster is over.

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
Kerrsed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#2406 » by Kerrsed » Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:15 pm

Saberestar wrote:Shams confirms that we want Jerami Grant.

The Detroit Pistons, Phoenix Suns and Dallas Mavericks are also expected to show interest in Grant.

No he didnt. "Expected Interest" doesnt confirm anything as its an opinion.

Im sure we also have expected interest in Anthony Davis and Giannis.
Its #DUMPSTERFIRE SEASON! #TeamTRAINWRECK -KERRSED- The Mod, The Myth, The Legend
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,051

Post#2407 » by bwgood77 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:56 pm

RedIndian wrote:Watson and McD have both been extremely childish and unprofessional in their comments since they left.

I mean everyone loves to **** on Sarver, but some of these stories are downright ridiculous.

It's no wonder our team was incompetent, players were pissed, and we were at the bottom of the league with guys this childish and unprofessional. I mean seeing as childish and unprofessional as they are, I'm sure it's not a new thing...it's probably how they acted.
Saberestar
RealGM

Post#2408 » by Saberestar » Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:57 pm

Kerrsed wrote:

Well, that is just semantics.

You know that every team in the league would expect interest in Jerami Grant for the minimun...but we already know that he is gonna get a multiyear contract over $10M for sure and YET we are gonna show interest.

All these three teams want him and all three probably are ready to inform him and get feedback. That is not saying that we will make him a serious offer, but show him our interest at least.

It is Shams... he is not some meh insider.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#2409 » by bwgood77 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:58 pm

Saberestar wrote:
Kerrsed wrote:

You know that every team in the league would expect interest in Jerami Grant for the minimun...but we already know that he is gonna get a multiyear contract over $10M for sure and YET we are gonna show interest.

All these three teams want him and all three probably are ready to inform him and get feedback. That is not saying that we will make him a serious offer, but show him our interest at least.

Yeah, but "expected" is still not the same as "shown". It's clearly just a guess.
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets
And1: 6,381

Post#2410 » by Ghost of Kleine » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:02 pm

https://nba.nbcsports.com/2020/10/15/rumor-knicks-open-to-taking-big-contract-like-russell-westbrook/

So, IF there is genuine interest in Russell Westbrook or a potential large contract, Could there be a potential 3 team trade that would work for us? Kerrsed or anyone else have any ideas that might work for us?

1- Phoenix/ New York/ Houston
https://tradenba.com/trades/PHgDf6RHA

2- Phoenix/ New York/ Milwaukee
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y2rmp6ou

Phoenix- Gets Randall ( **Only guaranteed 4 million in 2021)/ the 8th pick ( NY), And the 24th pick ( Mil).

New York - Gets Bledsoe/ Ilyasova/ Jerome/ 10th pick ( PHX).

Milwaukee- Gets Oubre/ 2023 2nd ( PHX).

Or
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yymu6wsh

Phoenix- Gets Randall ( Partial 4 million guarantee in 2021)/ 8th pick ( NY)/ 24th pick (MIL).

Milwaukee- Gets Oubre/ 2023 2nd (PHX).

New York- Gets Bledsoe/ Oubre/ 10th pick.

3- Phoenix/ New York/ Milwaukee/ Houston
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y3evu53z

Phoenix- Gets Randall **( Partial 4 million guarantee in 2021)/ 8th pick ( NY)/ 24th pick ( MIL).

Houston- Gets Bledsoe/ Gibson/ Ellington/ Nitkilina / 10th pick! ( PHX). **They also save around 22 million in 2021.

New York- Gets Westbrook/ Oubre/ 2023 Top 8 protected first ( PHX).

Milwaukee- Gets Covington/ Bullock/ 2023 2nd ( PHX).
Kerrsed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#2411 » by Kerrsed » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:03 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
Saberestar wrote:

Yeah, but "expected" is still not the same as "shown". It's clearly just a guess.

There is a difference between Shams delivering insider news and Shams giving his opinion, just like Woj and every other media outlet.
Saberestar
RealGM

Post#2412 » by Saberestar » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:15 pm

Kerrsed wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Saberestar wrote:

There is a difference between Shams delivering insider news and Shams giving his opinion, just like Woj and every other media outlet.

But how in the world is gonna be that info an opinion from Shams??
So you think that he has said those three teams out of nowhere?

He has said "expected" because teams can not talk yet with agents, teams or players...but he knows that those teams are interested in him.
Saberestar
RealGM

Post#2413 » by Saberestar » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:17 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
Saberestar wrote:
Kerrsed wrote:

"Shown" is not allowed yet. Just that.
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#2414 » by Ghost of Kleine » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:20 pm

Well of course I would expect us to have interest, But even so, Atlanta is said to be planning to go after him hard, And all of Atlanta, Charlotte, and even Detroit have much more cap space to offer him a more lucrative contract than what we could offer. I do fully expect him to end up with Atlanta when it's all said and done! But the good news is that if Detroit decides to pursue Grant hard as well, We should be able to perhaps sneak in and steal Wood away for a more reasonable price, Whilst they are tied up with Grant. And I think our front office only would have profound interest in him as a stronger versatile defensive compliment to Cam ( eventual starter at the 4) than what Oubre currently offers. Also due to his switchability giving him more value than Oubre currently offers as a potential small ball 5 option once Baynes leaves. I just think that they'll be prioritizing versatility and defensive switchability at the 4/5 positions for greater flexibility towards their rotation schemes?
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#2415 » by bwgood77 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:31 pm

Saberestar wrote:
Kerrsed wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

But how in the world is gonna be that info an opinion from Shams??

He has said "expected" because teams can not talk yet with agents, teams or players...but he knows that those teams are interested in him.

It may not necessarily be an opinion from Shams...and might be his "insider" news that other teams/GMS/agents "expect" the Suns to have interest but I still think it's just speculation from somewhere. The Suns are not going to go out and tell people 'Hey, we're interested in Grant" and they can't talk to him or anyone about him without it being tampering. They play stuff close to the vest. I don't think anyone is leaking anything.

Do you really think they are telling people they are interested in Grant? Besides being against the rules, it doesn't look good to our own players or their trade value.
Kerrsed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#2416 » by Kerrsed » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:38 pm

Saberestar wrote:But how in the world is gonna be that info an opinion from Shams??

Not hard to pick 3 teams that can have the capspace to sign him and need help at the PF position.

We need a PF and he fits. 'Nuff said.

Porzingis will miss some time for Dallas with his meniscus tear and recovery. He already tore his ACL in his other knee, so this is a concern. They need a starting PF to keep competitive and even when Porzingis comes back they will be handling him with kid gloves giving a majority of the minutes to Grant. 'Nuff Said.

Detroit needs all the talent they can get. Griffin has missed most of the season (Since January 6th) due to Knee rehabilitation. Truth is he hasnt been great in their system (He plays better in a more up-tempo up and down system) and word is they are trying to trade him. An interesting trade being thrown about is Griffin reuniting with Doc in Philly for Horford who would become the Pistons starting C. No matter what happens, Detroit needs a PF and a SF, both positions that Grant can play. 'Nuff said.
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#2417 » by Ghost of Kleine » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:42 pm

NBA Central (@TheNBACentral) Tweeted:
The market for Christian Wood projects to be at the $9.3 million midlevel exception, per Bobby Marks https://t.co/PrJWdq1Isz
Read on Twitter
?s=20

At around the MLE, I say YES PLEASE!!! :cheesygrin: :pray:
Kerrsed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#2418 » by Kerrsed » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:44 pm

Read on Twitter

Oh, and by the way, before Shams said it, Singer said it 2 weeks ago:

Read on Twitter

He had Phoenix/Detroit/Atlanta in there instead of Dallas as a team that is expected to have interest.
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#2419 » by Ghost of Kleine » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:50 pm

Kerrsed wrote:
Read on Twitter

Oh, and by the way, before Shams said it, Singer said it 2 weeks ago:

Read on Twitter

He had Phoenix/Detroit/Atlanta in there instead of Dallas as a team that is expected to have interest.

I fully expect the Hawks to offer Grant somewhere in the range of 16-18 per. Maybe 72/4. And quite possibly in a front loaded deal, As they're aware that Denver will still have a lot of roster spots to fill with their 30 million???
Kerrsed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#2420 » by Kerrsed » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:52 pm

Ugh.

How the hell can the Lakers get CP3? Like is OKC willing to take a big Pu-Pu Platter of trash role players (Green/JaVale/Cook/Avery) just for the big score to be Kuz and a late Lakers 1st in a bad draft? Thats Garbage.....but we have already seen that what Lebron wants Lebron gets.

Return to Phoenix Suns