General Manager
And1: 6,087

Re: Game 69: Dallas Mavericks @ Phoenix Suns l Tonight @ 6:00pm l FSNAZ 

Post#321 » by ImNotMcDiSwear » Mon Aug 3, 2020 9:30 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
Ghost of Kleine wrote:
starbosa10 wrote:I definitely want jevon back. Could care less about the rest

Strongly agree! :nod:

Thought you wanted Baynes back. Though I guess I can't remember what everyone hopes for.

You do a pretty good job keeping our prerogatives straight, I'd say. You certainly manage to recall these things better than I do, despite the amount of time I spend around here.
DroughtsOverPHX
Junior
And1: 357

Post#322 » by DroughtsOverPHX » Mon Aug 3, 2020 11:00 pm

Funky Tut wrote:Doncic’s Michael Jordan ref treatment is super disrespectful to A lot of players . Dude is good but he needs to earn that Jordan treatment that Book never gets.

Interesting take. I'm glad you mentioned Jordan because some are acting like this star treatment is a new thing. My take is if they are getting star treatment, they probably earned it. It wasn't long into Jordan's career before he could take 4 steps before a dunk.

Star treatment is not fair obviously but nobody has ever really fought it other than loud complaining about it. It sells merchandise and makes stars. If Jordan had done the dunk over Manute instead of Majerle it would not have been called a charge.
matt131
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,764

Post#323 » by matt131 » Tue Aug 4, 2020 3:18 am

bwgood77 wrote:
matt131 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
I agree about the silly turnovers. I also think when we do turn it over we just need to forget about it and keep playing. I notice Booker will have some and kind of look at the ref with his hands out and shoulders up and meanwhile Rubio is pestering the guy who got the turnover and gets it back. It's that kind of play and focus that the whole team needs, especially right after mistakes where you can get mad at yourself or want to yell at the ref for not calling a foul. Just stay engaged...that will be one thing that will help us get to the next level.

Haha if you dislike it when players complain, you should definitely avert your eyes whenever Luka is playing. He complains after anything that doesn't go his way (that Rockets game was horrible with both Luka and Harden). He loves looking at the refs in disbelief and he talks to them about "missed" calls incessantly. And holy cow I hope you never have to be subjected to watching LeBron play. He is the absolute worst. He prances around like a four-year-old with an incredulous look on his face and his hands up in complete disbelief that anyone could possibly play legitimate, non-fouling defense against him. It's really mature.

I agree that the players should stay focused, but I also can't necessarily blame Booker for his reactions. A lot of things don't necessarily go his way, and his reaction is fairly mild for what it could be. He does come off as a spoiled brat/immature teen sometimes, but I rarely see him parading around the floor like some other players. I'm sure if he focused his energy into trying to steal the ball off his turnover, he'd just be called for a foul which would upset him even more.

I'm definitely not a DBook apologist, and I tend to think he does a lot of stupid stuff (a lot of his turnovers are simply unwarranted). I guess as a hot-headed player myself, I almost find it respectable that Booker can stay relatively calm after what he considers to be bad calls. I probably received more technical fouls in high school/college intramurals than he has his whole career lol.

He's gotten a little better. I'm not a fan of anyone who does it. Some of the players only do it when play is stopped though because THEY got called for a foul or it went out of bounds on someone else or they made a basket but no foul was called to get the And1. Booker seems to do it often when the defense is trying to get back after a turnover or something...trying to say he got fouled on that.
Lol LeBron JUST did this in the Jazz game. He had the ball knocked away from him, and while the jazz were running up the court, he was tapping his elbow in a gesture toward the ref as if to say he got fouled. The Lakers were forced to foul in transition because of it.
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets
And1: 6,495

Post#324 » by Ghost of Kleine » Tue Aug 4, 2020 3:41 am

ImNotMcDiSwear wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Ghost of Kleine wrote:
Strongly agree! :nod:

Thought you wanted Baynes back. Though I guess I can't remember what everyone hopes for.

You do a pretty good job keeping our prerogatives straight, I'd say. You certainly manage to recall these things better than I do, despite the amount of time I spend around here.

Sorry Bwgood, If you're referring to me specifically, Then Yes! You're absolutely right that I want Baynes back. To be clear, I was referring to the rest of our guards, Such as Okobo, Jerome and Payne **Although he's been ok so far, I don't think he'll show out. And maybe also Diallo depending upon our situation? ( I much rather replace him with a Paul Reed or Jalen Smith) But back to Payne, I suspect that he might just be a flash in the pan player ( And would rather have any of Riller/ Lewis/ Tyrell Terry or Breinn Tyree honestly)! Overall I want to bring back Baynes at no more than 20/2 ( 2nd year team option). And maybe Saric at no more than his qualifying offer, As he's still pretty inconsistent overall) I would do 12/2 with 2nd year team option. And Jevon Carter on the vets minimum.
El Hespiritu
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,192

Post#325 » by El Hespiritu » Tue Aug 4, 2020 7:38 pm

Mmmh...

@SunsRback4Good , my man...
... we're running out of time.

Where's my Opening Post Thread?

Addedit: OK. I see we get it now. Gratitude.
-I tell them: Gentlemen you desist. Your differences are bussiness of your own. We all must care this Refuge's harmony and decorum
-What if they don't listen?
-I kill them and throw them into the sea

Return to Phoenix Suns