ImageImageImage

Game 68: Phoenix Suns @ Los Angeles Clippers

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

grumpysaddle
RealGM
And1: 13,933

Re: Game 70: Phoenix Suns @ Los Angeles Clippers 

Post#221 » by grumpysaddle » Tue Aug 4, 2020 11:03 pm

Imagine a world where the Suns are in the play-in games, but as the 8th seed and only have to win 1. O.o
nevetsov
Head Coach
And1: 1,709

Post#222 » by nevetsov » Tue Aug 4, 2020 11:05 pm

Can't wait for Mikal to hold TJ to 0 points :D
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,664

Post#223 » by WeekapaugGroove » Tue Aug 4, 2020 11:12 pm

He didn't have crazy numbers but I thought Dario played really well again. THIS version of Saric is what I was excited for when they made that trade.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
nevetsov
Head Coach
And1: 1,709

Post#224 » by nevetsov » Tue Aug 4, 2020 11:15 pm

Rubio, Payne
Booker, Carter
Bridges, Oubre
Johnson, Saric
Ayton, Baynes

Is this a playoff team next year as is?
Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 13,689

Post#225 » by Qwigglez » Tue Aug 4, 2020 11:15 pm

Dual wrote:
Qwigglez wrote:
bigfoot wrote:
Its surprising how much faith Monty has in Cam Johnson. I mean 40 minutes and 38 minutes in these last two games.

Looking at our bench we don't have anyone else to play. We need Oubre to come back already.

Is he going to play soon? Also Baynes would be great addition too.

I can't find anything about Oubre online anywhere. I assume it was posted maybe like a month ago or something that Oubre isn't going to play. But maybe that was under the premise that the Suns weren't going to do anything anyway. Now circumstances have changed, so it would be nice to hear something about Kelly possibly coming back. I thought his initial injury back In February or whatever had him being out for only 8 weeks.
PharmD
Head Coach
And1: 5,536

Post#226 » by PharmD » Tue Aug 4, 2020 11:19 pm

Running the bench offense through Dario in the post was unexpected genius.
YFZblu
Assistant Coach
And1: 412

Post#227 » by YFZblu » Tue Aug 4, 2020 11:22 pm

nevetsov wrote:Rubio, Payne
Booker, Carter
Bridges, Oubre
Johnson, Saric
Ayton, Baynes

If we're just talking about the roster and how they play together, IMO the Suns were comfortably a playoff team this season if not for Ayton's 25-game suspension and the injuries suffered by Rubio, Baynes, and Oubre.
Calvin Klein
RealGM
And1: 7,682

Post#228 » by Calvin Klein » Tue Aug 4, 2020 11:26 pm

That was beautiful. The footwork in that moment. So smooth. He is legit.
YFZblu
Assistant Coach

Post#229 » by YFZblu » Tue Aug 4, 2020 11:28 pm

Qwigglez wrote:
Dual wrote:
Qwigglez wrote:
Looking at our bench we don't have anyone else to play. We need Oubre to come back already.

I can't find anything about Oubre online anywhere. I assume it was posted maybe like a month ago or something that Oubre isn't going to play. But maybe that was under the premise that the Suns weren't going to do anything anyway. Now circumstances have changed, so it would be nice to hear something about Kelly possibly coming back. I thought his initial injury back In February or whatever had him being out for only 8 weeks.

Maybe this misses the point of your question, but I've seen both Kelly Oubre and Monty Williams state that Oubre is 'fully healed' from his surgery, and the reason Oubre isn't playing is because he's mentally/emotionally not confident moving around on the knee. It will be interesting to see if the Suns current winning atmosphere helps him through some of that.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,457

Post#230 » by bwgood77 » Tue Aug 4, 2020 11:29 pm

nevetsov wrote:Rubio, Payne
Booker, Carter
Bridges, Oubre
Johnson, Saric
Ayton, Baynes

Who knows? We started the season playing this well...we beat the Clips then...and beat the Sixers and played Denver and Utah tough...

We had two games come down to the wire here...goes to show how good the Clips are that we shoot over 53% from 3 (they shoot like 27%) and we still need a game winning shot.

But we can play with anyone....and in the Dallas game Ayton played poorly...we are missing a couple of key rotation players.

The main thing is the west is tough. We will be better if healthy...and should be right in the hunt. Hopefully we can be as good as teams like Utah, Houston and Dallas...or better. May be tough to overall be as good as the LA teams, Denver and GS. Who knows about OKC, but they are currently very tough, then you have New Orleans, Memphis, Portland and Sacramento. Portland should be better for sure with their C back.

But we will be fun to watch...and will compete, which we haven't been able to say for a very long time until this year but still had to be frustrated with the Ayton suspension and untimely injuries.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,457

Post#231 » by bwgood77 » Tue Aug 4, 2020 11:31 pm

Qwigglez wrote:
Dual wrote:
Qwigglez wrote:

Kellan Olson had a tweet....I posted it here...saw it referred to on hoopshype...basically sounded like he wasn't going to play..had something reactionary he was trying to deal with..wasn't sure what he meant exactly.
Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 13,689

Post#232 » by Qwigglez » Tue Aug 4, 2020 11:32 pm

YFZblu wrote:
Qwigglez wrote:
Dual wrote:Is he going to play soon? Also Baynes would be great addition too.

Maybe this misses the point of your question, but I've seen both Kelly Oubre and Monty Williams state that Oubre is 'fully healed' from his surgery, and the reason Oubre isn't playing is because he's mentally/emotionally not confident moving around on the knee. It will be interesting to see if the Suns current winning atmosphere helps him through some of that.

That answers what I've been looking for. Part of me feels like he doesn't want to risk injury since he'll be in a contract year next season, the other part recognizes Oubre's fear especially since we are seeing guys like Isaacs and JJJ go down now. The Pelicans are being very cautious about giving Zion too many minutes, it would be nice to have KO suit up and given some kind of minute restrictions put in place as well if he isn't feeling confident.
Mjee
Starter
And1: 2,160

Post#233 » by Mjee » Tue Aug 4, 2020 11:39 pm

hahahah so I am a dentist and I had the game on .....

I literally stopped working on my patient that last ten seconds and lost my **** (luckily the patient was cool lol)

what a game, what a shot by DBOOk

woooooooooo
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,637

Post#234 » by lilfishi22 » Tue Aug 4, 2020 11:49 pm

Qwigglez wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

That return to action after a 4month lay off hasn't been kind to some young up and coming players
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
YFZblu
Assistant Coach

Post#235 » by YFZblu » Tue Aug 4, 2020 11:50 pm

Qwigglez wrote:
YFZblu wrote:
Qwigglez wrote:

That answers what I've been looking for. Part of me feels like he doesn't want to risk injury since he'll be in a contract year next season, the other part recognizes Oubre's fear especially since we are seeing guys like Isaacs and JJJ go down now. The Pelicans are being very cautious about giving Zion too many minutes, it would be nice to have KO suit up and given some kind of minute restrictions put in place as well if he isn't feeling confident.

It really would be great to see him out there. One other thing I wanted to mention is, based on Oubre's comments, I suspect his search for equilibrium is about more than just feeling confident about his physical movements. Regarding his personal time during the pandemic and surrounding events, Oubre said:

“really searching for my soul, and finding it and nurturing it and protecting it.”

"But mentally it’s a lot thrown at me in a short amount of time for me to get out there and resume the high level of playing everybody expects of me."

“I don’t want to sell myself short,” he continued. “I don’t want to sell the people who are across my chest (Suns) and across the back of my jersey short (family), so I have to continuously push myself limitlessly each and every day to come back stronger than I was before or else I’ll be doing myself a disservice.”

https://www.brightsideofthesun.com/2020/7/15/21325247/kelly-oubre-jr-phoenix-suns-up-to-staff-cleared-injury

This looks a bit like self doubt to me. Whether he plays this season or not, at some point Kelly will need to take a risk and put his body to work; but before that happens he'll need to improve his self confidence, and I hope he's able to do that.
NapoleonII
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,421

Post#236 » by NapoleonII » Tue Aug 4, 2020 11:51 pm

I bet Oubre doesn't play in the bubble.

You don't mess with magic in a bottle.
ImNotMcDiSwear
General Manager
And1: 6,087

Post#237 » by ImNotMcDiSwear » Wed Aug 5, 2020 12:26 am

Biggest shot in the biggest game for us in ten years.

I talk trash, and then Devin goes and plays the best game of his career. I'm gonna say Clarke's better than Booker before every big game from here on out.
YFZblu
Assistant Coach

Post#238 » by YFZblu » Wed Aug 5, 2020 12:29 am

ImNotMcDiSwear wrote:Biggest shot in the biggest game for us in ten years.

I talk trash, and then Devin goes and plays the best game of his career. I'm gonna say Clarke's better than Booker before every big game from here on out.

IIRC, it's the most important Suns made basket since since Jrich banked that three against the Lakers. Regardless of what happens next I'll be keeping this one with me for a while - feels good.
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,464

Post#239 » by SunsRback4Good » Wed Aug 5, 2020 12:38 am

Everyone's taking about the BIG shot and not Mikal Bridges deflection that lead to the game winner. Without the deflection the Clippers have chance to win it with 8 seconds left or at the very worst go into overtime.
Funky Tut
Bench Warmer
And1: 768

Post#240 » by Funky Tut » Wed Aug 5, 2020 12:50 am

LETS GOOOO lmao

Return to Phoenix Suns