ImageImageImage

Game 70: Phoenix Suns @ Miami Heat l Sat, Aug 8th l 4:30pm l FSNAZ

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Fo-Real
General Manager
And1: 4,909

Re: Game 70: Phoenix Suns @ Miami Heat l Sat, Aug 8th l 4:30pm l FSNAZ 

Post#281 » by Fo-Real » Sun Aug 9, 2020 4:26 am

KLEON wrote:If only Ayton had the same aggression as Amare,this team would be unstoppable

Hell, if only he had the same fire as Jaxson Hayes, rook from the Pels!!!
Fo-Real
General Manager

Post#282 » by Fo-Real » Sun Aug 9, 2020 4:28 am

That Devin Booker kid is PROVING he deserved to be an allstar!!
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,657

Post#283 » by WeekapaugGroove » Sun Aug 9, 2020 4:30 am

spanishninja wrote:
Saberestar wrote:
Read on Twitter

I was so impressed with that, even though I already knew he was a defensive bulldog. He didnt even get emotional and pick up a dumb foul trying to make up for the blocked shot
This is my favorite clip about Carter that sums him up. He's limited from a skill and size perspective but he will work and play his ass off.

Read on Twitter
?s=19

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets
And1: 6,380

Post#284 » by Ghost of Kleine » Sun Aug 9, 2020 4:33 am

SunsRback4Good wrote:
Ghost of Kleine wrote:
SunsRback4Good wrote:Guys its Western Conference or bust. Anything less of WCF and it's a lost season. We've proved that we belong and can beat any team in our way that includes the Lakers or Clippers. I worry most about Bucks and Rockets those teams are defense oriented and hit a ton of threes. I'll get killed for this comment but we are a Cinderella story and feels like not many teams can stop us.

It definitely feels like it's breaking that way somewhat for us! This is a very auspicious and exciting time for us. It kind of feels like a can't lose situation for us honestly. As no one really expected us to accomplish so much this soon! :D

Spoiler:
Kidding, duh :)

Why did you respond in my bubble? Get your own bubble man. :x

:thumbsup: :tooth
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,247

Post#285 » by SunsRback4Good » Sun Aug 9, 2020 4:35 am

Ghost of Kleine wrote:
SunsRback4Good wrote:
Ghost of Kleine wrote:

It was a lighthearted joke please don't block me.
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#286 » by Ghost of Kleine » Sun Aug 9, 2020 4:38 am

SunsRback4Good wrote:
Ghost of Kleine wrote:
SunsRback4Good wrote:

It was a lighthearted joke please don't block me.

No worries man, I understand it....lol! :lol: :D
We're good. :wink: :beer:
SunsRback4Good
RealGM

Post#287 » by SunsRback4Good » Sun Aug 9, 2020 4:38 am

KLEON wrote:If only Ayton had the same aggression as Amare,this team would be unstoppable

Feels like 5 years from now fans will continue to criticize him for not being an aggressive dunker. I've come to accept it. If Duncan is a boring top 15 HOFamer than I'll be okay if Ayton plays similarly minus the bank shots. One day, Ayton will be top 40 of all time and his aggressiveness/passive layups & dunks won't matter.
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#288 » by Ghost of Kleine » Sun Aug 9, 2020 5:14 am

Read on Twitter
?s=09

Congrats to Jevon!
LV-Suns
Analyst
And1: 1,891

Post#289 » by LV-Suns » Sun Aug 9, 2020 5:31 am

The Ayton-Duncan comparisons are cringey.
I Dont wanna be here
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,044

Post#290 » by bwgood77 » Sun Aug 9, 2020 5:43 am

SunsRback4Good wrote:
grumpysaddle wrote:People on the General Board already saying "Well, Miami was down key rotation players, so that's why the Suns won" without acknowledging the Suns have been down Oubre and Baynes all bubble. It's weird how many people on the General Board seem to wildly hate the Suns for some unknown reason.

General board is primarily filled with a younger crowd that don't do much research and just blurt what next person says or whatever they follow on YouTube. Just cant take 80% of them seriously cause you will be upset and have your night ruined.

Yes, they are younger, but the Heat obviously had bigger losses in personnel than us with Butler out along with their starting and backup PG...those are three pretty primary ball handlers...and two starters, one an multi time all star...a bit different than Baynes and Oubre.

However, it's still an impressive win nonetheless because Miami is always tough and gritty regardless, Tyler Herro had a huge game, and Bam, if you consider him a C, is probably a top 5 C.

Without Butler, Nunn and Dragic, though, I'd expect to win, and I think Vegas (which is basically driven by the what the public expects) did too as I think I read we were favored.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,044

Post#291 » by bwgood77 » Sun Aug 9, 2020 5:45 am

LV-Suns wrote:The Ayton-Duncan comparisons are cringey.

Feels a little better than the Shaq, Robinson or Hakeem ones though. I am not sure who I'd compare him to, but not any of those names mentioned, as impressed as I've been in his improvement on D overall this year and his newfound 3 ball. Maybe Aldridge.
SunsRback4Good
RealGM

Post#292 » by SunsRback4Good » Sun Aug 9, 2020 6:05 am

You've got to love the general board. There are currently 9 pages of "Damian Lillard is not happy with PG+Beverley. Post-game drama" while only 15 comments on " Will the Suns lose a game in the regular season bubble?" Obviously, the drama thread was created 5 hours prior to the Suns the thread but the disparity in posts is overwhelming
Well, Looks like drama prevails over a " cinderella story".
itlnsunsfan
Pro Prospect
And1: 877

Post#293 » by itlnsunsfan » Sun Aug 9, 2020 6:37 am

Duncan's game was far from passive. He played within the flow of the game offensively, but was almost always the most impactful player on the court. And no one could call him soft.
Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 13,537

Post#294 » by Qwigglez » Sun Aug 9, 2020 7:08 am

spanishninja wrote:
MathiasPW wrote:
Qwigglez wrote:I said it earlier, we needed someone else to step it up. Carter was that person this game. Our bubble bench is reminding me of our 2010 bench, where I wouldn't worry when our starters would leave because our bench could actually increase our lead or cut into the opponents. Playing with a lot of confidence and swagger out there. Now, if only we could get to full strength.
Which is hilarious because it was by far the worst bench in the NBA pre-bubble

Keys have been:

Not playing Frank much
Bring Saric off bench
Shorter rotation so every guy gets involved more
Payne instead of Okobo/TJ as backup PG

These things add up

I think surprise is another key. I've mentioned none of the teams really scouted Cameron Payne so he came in here as a mystery man and just balled out. He played within Monty's system but above that he had his foot on the gas the entire time he's been in, he doesn't let up on both sides of the court. That's the kind of thing that gives us an edge. In addition to Payne's tenacity, Carter has come out a bit too, we all knew his bulldog mentality was there, but he needs to stop being so hesitant on offense. Even in tonight's game he probably had another 2 or 3 3's he could have taken and he thought about it a little too long. One of those times he got blocked, another time he got a lucky shot to go in.
I think we all knew Saric was a good player, and him coming off the bench isn't new for his career. I think he looks more comfortable though because like you said, no Okobo or Jerome out there. It's hard for savvy intelligent players to make plays when other guys on the court are scared and inexperienced.
Frank needs to go, no question about that. He's only good if he shoots 100% from 3.
Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 13,537

Post#295 » by Qwigglez » Sun Aug 9, 2020 7:11 am

Revived wrote:
Qwigglez wrote:
Revived wrote:Only down 1 but something tells me they’ll pull away. We just haven’t played with the same energy as the other games. I think they got a bit too excited about the Blazers losing and expected this to be handed to them. Which is normal and human. Not tripping.

But Kaminsky gotta go and Ayton needs to grow some balls and protect the ****ing rim instead of watching layup after layup.

Everything else is still fine win or lose.

:roll: :nonono:

Happy to be wrong. But Kaminsky still blows and Ayton’s stats look great but it’s close to “empty stats”.

People used to roast Booker for saying he put up empty stats when he didn’t but Ayton actually does lol thankfully the team around him carries them to the win.

This is the type of game we lose before though. Miami undermanned is like a perfect trap game scenario especially for a young team but glad we pulled it out.

Just pulling your leg.
Ayton's stats seem empty but they still matter. I'd say they are more "empty" if he puts up 25/15 when we are down 20. Can't really complain about "empty stats" when we are winning.

Yeah this is a good win. I could see in years past, we could overlook opponents because of who's not playing, I'm glad our guys got it done. I think Booker was really the only starter who was really dialed in, everyone else didn't seem as focused as he was.
Fo-Real
General Manager

Post#296 » by Fo-Real » Sun Aug 9, 2020 7:17 am

You know who would enjoy this........ KERRSED!!! WHERE THE **** IS HE?!?!?! DOES MY DUDE NEED BAIL MONEY?!?!
TeamTragic
General Manager
And1: 5,787

Post#297 » by TeamTragic » Sun Aug 9, 2020 7:43 am

Fo-Real wrote:You know who would enjoy this........ KERRSED!!! WHERE THE **** IS HE?!?!?! DOES MY DUDE NEED BAIL MONEY?!?!

I just spit out my water :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Weemsickew14
Sophomore
And1: 196

Post#298 » by Weemsickew14 » Sun Aug 9, 2020 7:47 am

We do not win this game if it isn't for Carter. Im very happy for him because we all know he worked his ass for this. Please bring the bulldog back next season.
MrMiyagi
Suns Forum Eternal Optimist
And1: 7,102

Post#299 » by MrMiyagi » Sun Aug 9, 2020 7:51 am

Weemsickew14 wrote:We do not win this game if it isn't for Carter. Im very happy for him because we all know he worked his ass for this. Please bring the bulldog back next season.

I think him and Cam Payne are our back-up guards next year. I feel like they compliment each other well and bring their own skill sets that are valuable in combination with Booker or Rubio.
Suns traded Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder and 4 1st round picks and a swap so some Vegas Bookies would like us.
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. - Isaac Asimov
Let us sing when we can, and forget the rest. - H.P. Lovecraft
Weemsickew14
Sophomore
And1: 196

Post#300 » by Weemsickew14 » Sun Aug 9, 2020 8:00 am

MrMiyagi wrote:
Weemsickew14 wrote:We do not win this game if it isn't for Carter. Im very happy for him because we all know he worked his ass for this. Please bring the bulldog back next season.

I think him and Cam Payne are our back-up guards next year. I feel like they compliment each other well and bring their own skill sets that are valuable in combination with Booker or Rubio.

Agreed. it's too bad carter lacks height as he'd be a no brainer to be our backup 2, but what he lacks in height he brings in heart and he's gonna fight for that backup guard role. Cam and Carter have been amazing to watch.

Return to Phoenix Suns