Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets
And1: 6,481

Re: Game 71: Oklahoma City Thunder @ Phoenix Suns l Aug 10th l 11:30am l FSNAZ 

Post#301 » by Ghost of Kleine » Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:44 am

Slim Charless wrote:
Ghost of Kleine wrote:
bigfoot wrote:
I could see Booker average 30 points per game for a season or two. Honestly, he could get 40 games per season for the next 5 years or 200 total. He's a professional scorer.

And he really does do it so effortlessly too! It's like he's a kid on the playground, Playing against much younger, inexperienced children. He just makes it look easy!

That can come as soon as next year. With another year in Monty's system and more chemistry with teammates that actually fit together he can relax and let these points come easily. Hitting 30 a game with rules favored for guys like Book it can happen. If he got more respect from the refs he'd of hit 30/gm already. More winning=more respect hopefully. I also think that next year Ayton gives us at LEAST 21/12/2.

This is another reason why I want us to not only add more depth through the draft, But to specifically target prospects that will create immense gravity from opposing defenders, Making Booker even more lethal with the floor spacing becoming that much better, and defenders being pulled out for both Ayton and Booker to dive to the rim more and also have more space to operate in! That's why I do like prospects like Tyrell Terry, Who can be a ( Trae Yojng/ Steph Curry) type of elite shooter for us. Or a Grant Riller who is unstoppable penetrating to the rim, and creating gravity. Or Especially an extreme value prospect like Sam Merrill, Who is such an elite shooter that with him.on the court along with Cam too, Booker would constantly have open driving lanes, And Ayton would have a ton of space in the paint to work and dive to the rim.

But I also love the idea of having dual "Devins'" too. Vassell is really the defensive version of Book, Very, Very driven and committed to his craft and becoming the very best he can become! Both Idolized Bryant and both have that "Mamba mentality ". Just imagine them constantly pushing each other to become even better! And having two elite Devins' with the ultimate intensity and drive to be champions! It's very intriguing honestly! :nod:
KLEON
Analyst
And1: 1,948

Post#302 » by KLEON » Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:35 am

This is the first time since 2010 where I'm not worried that we were down double digits in a game. I'm really proud to see this team playing winning basketball. Special shout out to Monty,Booker,Cam,Bridges,Saric,Jevon and Payne.
El Hespiritu
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,192

Post#303 » by El Hespiritu » Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:52 am

SlovenianDragon wrote:Any1 praise Monty Williams yet?
Let's put it this way:

If Monty trusts DeUretic (as apparently does)....
...then I'm ready to swallow my anger and trust Ayton as well.

Few other coaches would influence me like that.
Certainly, not the whole Internet users banding together would.

To my eyes, legit candidate for this year COY.
What he did with this team, starting practically from zero, is unarguably great.

Of course most of new players are good and smart and know the game.
But it takes a pretty good coach to ensemble them, give them an identity and a personality as a group and make them competetive in just one season.

If we count injuries, diuresis and coronavirus cancellation then "a pretty good coach" turns into "a damned amazing coach".

Praised enough?
-I tell them: Gentlemen you desist. Your differences are bussiness of your own. We all must care this Refuge's harmony and decorum
-What if they don't listen?
-I kill them and throw them into the sea
Slim Charless
General Manager
And1: 6,175

Post#304 » by Slim Charless » Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:34 am

Ghost of Kleine wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:
Ghost of Kleine wrote:
And he really does do it so effortlessly too! It's like he's a kid on the playground, Playing against much younger, inexperienced children. He just makes it look easy!

That can come as soon as next year. With another year in Monty's system and more chemistry with teammates that actually fit together he can relax and let these points come easily. Hitting 30 a game with rules favored for guys like Book it can happen. If he got more respect from the refs he'd of hit 30/gm already. More winning=more respect hopefully. I also think that next year Ayton gives us at LEAST 21/12/2.

This is another reason why I want us to not only add more depth through the draft, But to specifically target prospects that will create immense gravity from opposing defenders, Making Booker even more lethal with the floor spacing becoming that much better, and defenders being pulled out for both Ayton and Booker to dive to the rim more and also have more space to operate in! That's why I do like prospects like Tyrell Terry, Who can be a ( Trae Yojng/ Steph Curry) type of elite shooter for us. Or a Grant Riller who is unstoppable penetrating to the rim, and creating gravity. Or Especially an extreme value prospect like Sam Merrill, Who is such an elite shooter that with him.on the court along with Cam too, Booker would constantly have open driving lanes, And Ayton would have a ton of space in the paint to work and dive to the rim.

But I also love the idea of having dual "Devins'" too. Vassell is really the defensive version of Book, Very, Very driven and committed to his craft and becoming the very best he can become! Both Idolized Bryant and both have that "Mamba mentality ". Just imagine them constantly pushing each other to become even better! And having two elite Devins' with the ultimate intensity and drive to be champions! It's very intriguing honestly! :nod:

I agree we need pieces that fit now that we actually have spots locked in. Fortunately PG + PF are imo what is needed and thats the strength of this draft. If Halliburton falls thats my choice and have him learn behind Rubio for a yr, but thats a long shot. So I'd be happy to stay put and take any of the Toppin, Okgongwu and Precious group that gets to wherever we end up.

I'd like to give Cam the 1st shot at winning the 4 permanently next season so of that group of three i think I'd prioritize size, rebounding and weak side blocks more then offense. That said I'm open to any of the 3. I'm leaning toward keeping Oubre as opposed to using him to trade up also. I think he'll be a beast of bench guy-maybe even 6th MOTY. At worst we can always trade him at the deadline next season once we build his value back up.
Bogyo
Analyst
And1: 2,254

Post#305 » by Bogyo » Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:24 am

KLEON wrote:This is the first time since 2010 where I'm not worried that we were down double digits in a game. I'm really proud to see this team playing winning basketball. Special shout out to Monty,Booker,Cam,Bridges,Saric,Jevon and Payne.

I actually thought about putting some money on us to win by 10+ when we were down by 10. Too bad I didn't :lol:
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,423

Post#306 » by Revived » Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:52 am

Slim Charless wrote:
Revived wrote:
Read on Twitter

I wish. Now that Zion is done and gone :lol: I feel everyone wants Portland in that 8th spot :-? Just so they can see Dame in the playoffs. It is good finally getting some attention for doing good things on the BB court tho

I think the Suns and Blazers have the same chance at winning games vs the Lakers.

Lillard agreed will be super good in the playoffs but Portland doesn’t have one good defender on that roster imo. Davis and Bron can sleepwalk and drop 40 against them. For us at least Bridges will make things a bit tougher and our overall team is better set up imo. Idk maybe I’m just biased.
PerkinsFor3
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,977

Post#307 » by PerkinsFor3 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:01 am

Revived wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:
Revived wrote:
Read on Twitter

I wish. Now that Zion is done and gone :lol: I feel everyone wants Portland in that 8th spot :-? Just so they can see Dame in the playoffs. It is good finally getting some attention for doing good things on the BB court tho

I think the Suns and Blazers have the same chance at winning games vs the Lakers.

Lillard agreed will be super good in the playoffs but Portland doesn’t have one good defender on that roster imo. Davis and Bron can sleepwalk and drop 40 against them. For us at least Bridges will make things a bit tougher and our overall team is better set up imo. Idk maybe I’m just biased.

You don't think Nurkic and Trent are good defenders?
Slim Charless
General Manager
And1: 6,175

Post#308 » by Slim Charless » Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:23 am

Revived wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:
Revived wrote:
Read on Twitter

I'm not saying I agree with them. I'm just stating what seems to be the general feel as it relates to who ppl are talking about getting that last spot. I think we have a good chance against LAL.

Comparing us to the blazers tho Booker is better then Dame or at least close to him. We're also deeper then Portland is. All in all either team is a much better choice for that 8th seed then Memphis or the spurs.
Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 13,691

Post#309 » by Qwigglez » Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:34 am

That dive by Diallo (Thunder) could have seriously injured Devin Booker. He should be suspended for that. That looked like an intentional dirty play.
El Hespiritu
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,192

Post#310 » by El Hespiritu » Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:44 am

Mikal Bridges is now Trending Topic USA #1

We did it.
-I tell them: Gentlemen you desist. Your differences are bussiness of your own. We all must care this Refuge's harmony and decorum
-What if they don't listen?
-I kill them and throw them into the sea
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,470

Post#311 » by SunsRback4Good » Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:37 am

I love the Suns and all but if we faced the Lakers we'd get swept in four that goes for Bucks, Raptors, and clippers as well. Against Rockets, Celtics, Heat, Nuggets we will probably lose in 5 games, Thunder, Mavs, Philly w/ healthy Embidd/simmons in 6, Pacers in 6 and jazz too. Only teams we may beat are Blazers, Grizz, Nets and Magic in a 7 game series.
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,470

Post#312 » by SunsRback4Good » Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:38 am

El Hespiritu wrote:Mikal Bridges is now Trending Topic USA #1

We did it.

Link?
LesGrossman
Head Coach
And1: 4,114

Post#313 » by LesGrossman » Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:01 am

SunsRback4Good wrote:I love the Suns and all but if we faced the Lakers we'd get swept in four that goes for Bucks, Raptors, and clippers as well. Against Rockets, Celtics, Heat, Nuggets we will probably lose in 5 games, Thunder, Mavs, Philly w/ healthy Embidd/simmons in 6, Pacers in 6 and jazz too. Only teams we may beat are Blazers, Grizz, Nets and Magic in a 7 game series.

I'm not so sure. Great defenders have slowed Bron down 1:1 in the post season in his prime. The bigger problem would be AD. I thought the game against the lakers was actually quite encouraging. The Suns have some very competent defenders in Bridges, Rubio, Carter, Saric and even Ayton at times. You other takes also quite pessimistic; the post season has different dynamic.

Jazz are beatable. Sixers are without Simmons who wont come back, Embiid seems seriously injured. Pacers is undecided imho. But as i said before, those bubble games are already house money and the post season would be even more so. Who would have thought we'd discuss this in December?
Pray for Israel
Peace in Jerusalem

Fan of the game of Basketball, no matter the team, league or players. Opposed to all sorts of person cult and show/entertainment/marketing over substance.
Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 13,691

Post#314 » by Qwigglez » Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:16 pm

LesGrossman wrote:
SunsRback4Good wrote:I love the Suns and all but if we faced the Lakers we'd get swept in four that goes for Bucks, Raptors, and clippers as well. Against Rockets, Celtics, Heat, Nuggets we will probably lose in 5 games, Thunder, Mavs, Philly w/ healthy Embidd/simmons in 6, Pacers in 6 and jazz too. Only teams we may beat are Blazers, Grizz, Nets and Magic in a 7 game series.

I'm not so sure. Great defenders have slowed Bron down 1:1 in the post season in his prime. The bigger problem would be AD. I thought the game against the lakers was actually quite encouraging. The Suns have some very competent defenders in Bridges, Rubio, Carter, Saric and even Ayton at times. You other takes also quite pessimistic; the post season has different dynamic.

Jazz are beatable. Sixers are without Simmons who wont come back, Embiid seems seriously injured. Pacers is undecided imho. But as i said before, those bubble games are already house money and the post season would be even more so. Who would have thought we'd discuss this in December?

I'm not so sure about getting swept. I think we can steal a game or two. Plus aren't they missing Rondo, and I'm not sure what's going on with Avery Bradley. If we make the playoffs and Oubre and Baynes are back, I really have no idea what could happen.
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets
And1: 6,481

Post#315 » by Ghost of Kleine » Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:01 pm

Slim Charless wrote:
Ghost of Kleine wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:

I agree we need pieces that fit now that we actually have spots locked in. Fortunately PG + PF are imo what is needed and thats the strength of this draft. If Halliburton falls thats my choice and have him learn behind Rubio for a yr, but thats a long shot. So I'd be happy to stay put and take any of the Toppin, Okgongwu and Precious group that gets to wherever we end up.

I'd like to give Cam the 1st shot at winning the 4 permanently next season so of that group of three i think I'd prioritize size, rebounding and weak side blocks more then offense. That said I'm open to any of the 3. I'm leaning toward keeping Oubre as opposed to using him to trade up also. I think he'll be a beast of bench guy-maybe even 6th MOTY. At worst we can always trade him at the deadline next season once we build his value back up.

Agree on all points! We should keep Oubre for now, Unless something remarkable and too good to pass up comes along! And IF by some chance around the deadline, We elect yo move him, Or he doesn't intend to resign, Then we should look to flip him to a team trying to contend for their 2021 first round pick and another complimentary asset if at all possible! Or else for a complimentary positional depth piece of need! As for the draft, I agree that we don't need offense from our big, But rather, I do envision targeting an elite VERSATILE / SWITCHABLE shotblocking defensive big with the ability to hit the three AND guard multiple positions too. This way our starting 5 and Oubre ( 6th man) can focus primarily on offense, And then our 2nd unit can focus on shutting down and disrupting the opposing teams offense with stifling lockdown defense.

Also, We can have situations wherein we can of course mix our offense and elite defense as needed. I look to target very athletic, fluid, long rangy bigs. That again can guard the 2-5, To give us any many rotational options as possible. :nod:

Then we can of course look at adding a very cheap low risk scoring option as a late 2nd to undrafted prospect that has really high potential, But is flying under the radar. For me, prospects such as Sam Merrill or Skylar Mays, or Breein Tyree or Mason Jones or Jaylen Harris would all be really good prospects to take a flier on. And for bigs (backup center prospects) would be: Paul Reed, Daniel Oturu, Xavier Tillman, Vernon Carey, Isiah Stewart, Reggie Perry, Nik Richards, Reggie Perry, Udoka Azubuike, Austin Wiley, Charles Bassey, Luke Garza, And of course one of my personal favorites in Killian Tillie.

Return to Phoenix Suns