spanishninja
General Manager
And1: 6,159

Re: Great season but came up short 

Post#21 » by spanishninja » Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:07 am

lilfishi22 wrote:
spanishninja wrote:
Wilber85 wrote:Hate to say it, it wasn't a great season. We finished 34-39

With Ayton not being suspended 25 games it would have helped Monty experiment with Rosters, etc

Re-title. Amazing Bubble Performance. This will build us confidence going into next year.

it's all relative, right? you want to see positive trends, and we definitely got that this season even before the pandemic. at no point we were on pace for 19 wins and we ended up doubling last year's win %. Now we know for sure we have what it takes to be a winning team.

Maybe it's too presumptive but we've won 15 games more than last season. Throw in DA's suspension and we're easily a 20 game improvement from last season. That's significant for any team

and most importantly, the entire league took notice of what our team looks like now.
Wilber85
Veteran
And1: 2,421

Post#22 » by Wilber85 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:07 am

lilfishi22 wrote:

With Ayton not being suspended 25 games it would have helped Monty experiment with Rosters, etc

Re-title. Amazing Bubble Performance. This will build us confidence going into next year.

You called for the Suns to win 38 games. That's 4 wins away from your expectation with 8 less games played and as you mentioned, Ayton missing 25 of those games. If anything we would've hit .500

Boom! I was spot on with the winning percentage! Didn't people call me crazy or something lol.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,640

Post#23 » by lilfishi22 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:11 am

Wilber85 wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:

You called for the Suns to win 38 games. That's 4 wins away from your expectation with 8 less games played and as you mentioned, Ayton missing 25 of those games. If anything we would've hit .500

Boom! I was spot on with the winning percentage! Didn't people call me crazy or something lol.

Still crazy but bloody well done. I was more down on this team as you and would've been happy with mid-30 wins so this met my expectations.
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
EGame
Head Coach
And1: 264

Re: Amazing Bubble Performance 

Post#24 » by EGame » Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:17 am

Blazer fan here. Congrats on an amazing bubble performance. You guys are as deserving as any team to get a chance for the 8th seed. I wish we were playing you for the 8th seed. While it may sting, the future looks bright and you have a lot to build from with this performance going into next season. The west will yet again be another blood bath next year.
spanishninja
General Manager

Post#25 » by spanishninja » Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:10 am

EGame wrote:Blazer fan here. Congrats on an amazing bubble performance. You guys are as deserving as any team to get a chance for the 8th seed. I wish we were playing you for the 8th seed. While it may sting, the future looks bright and you have a lot to build from with this performance going into next season. The west will yet again be another blood bath next year.

humiliate the Grizzlies for us. thanks. especially Dillon Brooks.
cberry78
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,420

Post#26 » by cberry78 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:52 am

Thanks reddit.
"Never argue with an idiot. You'll never convince the idiot that you're correct, and bystanders won't be able to tell who's who." - Mark Twain
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,477

Post#27 » by bwgood77 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:23 am

Wilber85 wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:

That might have been for calling Doncic a scrub.
sunskerr
General Manager
And1: 5,380

Post#28 » by sunskerr » Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:49 am

Can't wait for next year. I'm sure the team is sad they didn't qualify for the playoffs but for me, as a fan this is something we've been waiting years for. It's just like Monty said, we have to put ourselves in a position where we can control our fates, and the only way to do that is to get better. This is such a great foundation to build off of and achieve that next year.
Salieri
Analyst
And1: 7,470

Post#29 » by Salieri » Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:48 am

This was an amazing story. You couldn't ask for a better performance, you guys had the league legit scared and I'm not joking. Lots of heart from that roster, smart coaching by Monty. The future looks bright for the Suns, and as a Lakers fan I welcome it. It was about time! Rivalries between two good teams are much more fun than between two bad ones.

I'm the biggest Rubio bandwaggoner there is (spaniard here), so let me tell you I was among the very few who didn't laugh at you when you did the signing. I knew he would deliver, and it turns out he fits like a glove in your team: not the very best at anything, but as big a heart as you'll find. Competitor through and through, which are the traits I've seen from the Suns. If it hadn't been for a bunch of untimely injuries and the DA suspension, I'm 100% positive you'd be in the playoffs now. Oh well, next year I'll have a lot of fun watching the Suns and bet on a playoff seed.

Be proud, Suns fans. You have a good young team that will only get better. Enjoy!
NavLDO
Suns Forum Defensive Player of the Year
And1: 1,425

Post#30 » by NavLDO » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:23 am

Be honest...how many here have ever placed a 'self-imposed' hex on yourself, believing if you did-or-did-not do something, wear something, etc., that the end of streak would materialize?? Yeah, that was me for the past couple of weeks...I thought I'd jinx the Suns chances of winning out in the bubble if I posted any positive support for what was going on, in here...

Well?? I was right! I didn't post, and BAM! The Suns went 8-0... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously though (and yes, if the emojis didn't spell it out for you...I was joking about the jinx being legit, haha), in some ways, I'm glad the Suns didn't get in. I'm not saying I know how it would have turned out, and yes, we could have swept the playoffs, too, but honestly, what were the odds of that happening...anyway, we get to hold on to this feel-good memory, and hope for what is to come, for a few months. Had we went in, and got swept, or maybe embarrassed at some point within the playoffs, that might have called into question the validity of what we just accomplished...against one of, if not THE hardest 8 games schedules of the bubble.

Enjoy this period of joy and hope, everyone, for a few months...we've earned it after sticking around for the last decade, and not caving in as being Suns fans!
visions
Sophomore
And1: 65

Post#31 » by visions » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:33 am

So sad it’s all over.

Despite the ups and downs of the first half of the season, I was already enjoying this team more than any other Suns team in years and now the 8 game bubble run solidified it - this is easily the most fun and exciting time I’ve had as a Suns fan since the magical 09-10 team.

It totally sucks not being able to keep watching these guys, especially since they were such a nice escape from pandemic lockdown....but at least we know what this team is truly capable of when all the pieces mesh together as beautifully as they have these 8 games.

Can’t wait for next season.
Onward and upwards!!
Wilber85
Veteran
And1: 2,421

Post#32 » by Wilber85 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:40 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
Wilber85 wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:You called for the Suns to win 38 games. That's 4 wins away from your expectation with 8 less games played and as you mentioned, Ayton missing 25 of those games. If anything we would've hit .500

That might have been for calling Doncic a scrub.

Said I didn't see the hype then was man enough to admit he proved me wrong. That is when it should have been dropped.
Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 13,696

Post#33 » by Qwigglez » Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:25 pm

In case no one saw this, and probably to no one's surprise but the Suns were the most balanced team in the bubble.
Read on Twitter
matt131
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,764

Post#34 » by matt131 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:32 pm

Qwigglez wrote:In case no one saw this, and probably to no one's surprise but the Suns were the most balanced team in the bubble.
Read on Twitter
Wow that's awesome!

Also blazers and Lakers are complete opposites. Should be a fun series (barring two straight wins by the Grizz)
Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 13,696

Post#35 » by Qwigglez » Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:35 pm

Really? I don't see a fun series at all. I think Lillard may score a lot of 3's but I don't think he'll have that much success driving to the paint. He's going to have to rely on his teammates a lot but I can't see them doing much. I'll be conservative and say the Blazers steal 1 game and Lakers win 4-1.
spanishninja
General Manager

Post#36 » by spanishninja » Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:50 pm

matt131 wrote:
Qwigglez wrote:In case no one saw this, and probably to no one's surprise but the Suns were the most balanced team in the bubble.
Read on Twitter
Wow that's awesome!

Also blazers and Lakers are complete opposites. Should be a fun series (barring two straight wins by the Grizz)

The Laker offense only looks bad in the bubble because they have been cruising hardcore. They have a top 5 differential for the season overall.
matt131
Lead Assistant

Post#37 » by matt131 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:52 pm

spanishninja wrote:
matt131 wrote:
Read on Twitter
Wow that's awesome!

The Laker offense only looks bad in the bubble because they have been cruising hardcore. They have a top 5 differential for the season overall.

Their half court offense has been a problem all season.

They were 100% trying against the clippers without Lou or Harrell and against the backup Nuggets.
matt131
Lead Assistant

Post#38 » by matt131 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:56 pm

Qwigglez wrote:Really? I don't see a fun series at all. I think Lillard may score a lot of 3's but I don't think he'll have that much success driving to the paint. He's going to have to rely on his teammates a lot but I can't see them doing much. I'll be conservative and say the Blazers steal 1 game and Lakers win 4-1.

Well, more fun than the grizzlies being in that series.

I think Dame can keep the games competitive. They have no defense, but I think the games will be high scoring and fun.

Outside of LeBron and AD, the Lakers have zero offense. Their half court offense has been a problem all year. They lack perimeter defenders to keep up with Dame and CJ, and Nurkic is better than Howard and McGee.

It'll be on the blazers coaching staff to figure out how to guard LeBron and AD. So to me, if the game is just Dame and LeBron trading buckets, that would be pretty fun.

I'd rather tune into that than watching Houston and OKC
oddity
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,086

Post#39 » by oddity » Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:17 pm

I'm trying my best not be utterly toxic and salty, but I've definitely struggled to accept that Memphis played as badly as the Wizards and made it because Giannis lost his marbles and the Bucks made no effort. They really don't deserve it at all. But hey, now that Book has been possessed by the ghost of Kobe Bryant, maybe we'll start getting treated like the Lakers in the draft lottery too. Its the least the NBA can do, honestly.
Don't mind me guys. It is sickening to be a fan of this team for most of my living memory just to watch **** like the 2007 Spurs series, or Sarver's incompetence through the last years of the Nash era, or the Earl Watson farce of 2017, or Josh Jackson's catastrophic malfunction, or this. This **** hurts, man.
But I'm happy and staying hopeful that this team can come back stronger than ever next season, and establish themselves as a permanent fixture in the western conference playoff picture for years to come. I mean forreal, for us Suns fans, are there really any other options?
Living off borrowed time the clock ticks faster...
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,666

Post#40 » by WeekapaugGroove » Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:53 pm

In hindsight one thing that confuses me is why didn't the NBA have the teams fighting for the 8 seed out west play each other the last few games? I know they tried to keep the schedule similar to what was actually left for teams but they had the freedom to bend that a little and could have made the last 2-3 games with those matchups to keep the end of this play in exciting.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.

Return to Phoenix Suns