Amazing Bubble Performance

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,462

Re: Amazing Bubble Performance 

Post#41 » by bwgood77 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:06 pm

Just think, we finished the season on an 8-0 run while playing in a playoff like atmospshere. Every other team left, will not finish their season with a win, except for the champion. We are riding a wave of positivity in the offseason that is rare! The future is trending up!
cberry78
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,420

Post#42 » by cberry78 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:05 am

When are the Bubble Awards going to be announced? After the play game(s) I assume?
"Never argue with an idiot. You'll never convince the idiot that you're correct, and bystanders won't be able to tell who's who." - Mark Twain
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#43 » by bwgood77 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:46 pm

cberry78 wrote:When are the Bubble Awards going to be announced? After the play game(s) I assume?

Announced:

Portland Trail Blazers star Damian Lillard was unanimously voted the Most Valuable Player of the seeding games portion of the NBA's attempt to restart its season inside the NBA's bubble at the Walt Disney World Resort.

Lillard, who led all players in the bubble with an average of 37.6 points per game over the eight seeding games, carried Portland to a 6-2 record and the eighth seed in the league's first-ever play-in tournament, which the Blazers begin Saturday against the ninth-seeded Memphis Grizzlies.

Lillard, who also averaged 9.6 assists, scored 51, 61 and 42 points over Portland's final three games to carry the Blazers into the seeding games, and he clearly set himself above the field of contenders for top honors inside the bubble as a result.

He was followed in the voting by guard Devin Booker, who led the Phoenix Suns to a perfect 8-0 record inside the bubble, and Indiana Pacers forward T.J. Warren, who scored 53 points in his opening game against the Philadelphia 76ers and averaged 31 points over the eight seeding games.

Suns coach Monty Williams was the near unanimous choice for the league's top coach inside the bubble, with Portland's Terry Stotts getting the lone other first-place vote.

Lillard, Booker and Dallas Mavericks guard Luka Doncic each were unanimously named to the All-Bubble first team, while Houston Rockets guard James Harden and Warren each received 18 first-team votes to claim the other two spots.

The second team consisted of the NBA's reigning MVP Giannis Antetokounmpo, LA Clippers star Kawhi Leonard, Dallas Mavericks center Kristaps Porzingis, Brooklyn Nets guard Caris LeVert and Denver Nuggets rookie Michael Porter Jr.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/29668104/trail-blazers-damian-lillard-wins-bubble-mvp-suns-monty-williams-named-top-coach
NavLDO
Suns Forum Defensive Player of the Year
And1: 1,425

Post#44 » by NavLDO » Sun Aug 16, 2020 1:06 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
cberry78 wrote:When are the Bubble Awards going to be announced? After the play game(s) I assume?

Announced:

Portland Trail Blazers star Damian Lillard was unanimously voted the Most Valuable Player of the seeding games portion of the NBA's attempt to restart its season inside the NBA's bubble at the Walt Disney World Resort.

Lillard, who led all players in the bubble with an average of 37.6 points per game over the eight seeding games, carried Portland to a 6-2 record and the eighth seed in the league's first-ever play-in tournament, which the Blazers begin Saturday against the ninth-seeded Memphis Grizzlies.

Lillard, who also averaged 9.6 assists, scored 51, 61 and 42 points over Portland's final three games to carry the Blazers into the seeding games, and he clearly set himself above the field of contenders for top honors inside the bubble as a result.

He was followed in the voting by guard Devin Booker, who led the Phoenix Suns to a perfect 8-0 record inside the bubble, and Indiana Pacers forward T.J. Warren, who scored 53 points in his opening game against the Philadelphia 76ers and averaged 31 points over the eight seeding games.

Suns coach Monty Williams was the near unanimous choice for the league's top coach inside the bubble, with Portland's Terry Stotts getting the lone other first-place vote.

Lillard, Booker and Dallas Mavericks guard Luka Doncic each were unanimously named to the All-Bubble first team, while Houston Rockets guard James Harden and Warren each received 18 first-team votes to claim the other two spots.

The second team consisted of the NBA's reigning MVP Giannis Antetokounmpo, LA Clippers star Kawhi Leonard, Dallas Mavericks center Kristaps Porzingis, Brooklyn Nets guard Caris LeVert and Denver Nuggets rookie Michael Porter Jr.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/29668104/trail-blazers-damian-lillard-wins-bubble-mvp-suns-monty-williams-named-top-coach

Too bad they didn't choose to select a ROB award (Rookie of the Bubble); you gotta think Cam Johnson (that absolute horrid reach we made last draft, lol...) would have been a solid choice. I have no idea what other rookies did, but just looking at his stats in a bubble...

15/43 from 3 for 34.8%...not great, but not terrible either, but he avg'd over 5 attempts from 3, each game...and 40 of 80 shooting, overall, which is quite good.

47 TRB, for an average of almost 6 per game...2 APG, 4 total blks, only 3 TOs.

True, it was not necessarily 'dominant', but pretty impressive for a rookie, I'd say!
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#45 » by bwgood77 » Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:45 pm

NavLDO wrote:Too bad they didn't choose to select a ROB award (Rookie of the Bubble); you gotta think Cam Johnson (that absolute horrid reach we made last draft, lol...) would have been a solid choice. I have no idea what other rookies did, but just looking at his stats in a bubble...

15/43 from 3 for 34.8%...not great, but not terrible either, but he avg'd over 5 attempts from 3, each game...and 40 of 80 shooting, overall, which is quite good.

True, it was not necessarily 'dominant', but pretty impressive for a rookie, I'd say!

Probably would have made 1st team. Ja would have likely won, averaging 21 and 9, despite his team's performance...his wasn't from lack of him playing well, though he did have some bad shooting nights. Went 1-7 from 3 in the game against Portland they lost in OT 140-135 after having a 9 point lead with like 5 minutes left. Had they won that game we would have played Memphis for the playoff spot. Also shot poorly against the Pelicans.

Cam had a few poor shooting nights himself though against the Clips, Pacers and Philly.
suns12345
Starter
And1: 1,612

Post#46 » by suns12345 » Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:49 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
NavLDO wrote:Too bad they didn't choose to select a ROB award (Rookie of the Bubble); you gotta think Cam Johnson (that absolute horrid reach we made last draft, lol...) would have been a solid choice. I have no idea what other rookies did, but just looking at his stats in a bubble...

Probably would have made 1st team. Ja would have likely won, averaging 21 and 9, despite his team's performance...his wasn't from lack of him playing well, though he did have some bad shooting nights. Went 1-7 from 3 in the game against Portland they lost in OT 140-135 after having a 9 point lead with like 5 minutes left. Had they won that game we would have played Memphis for the playoff spot. Also shot poorly against the Pelicans.

Cam had a few poor shooting nights himself though against the Clips, Pacers and Philly.

We know Cam can shoot, so his bubble number dont worry me.

Im ecstatic how he looked taking it to the rim and off the dribble. Plus, physically he looked much more comfortable. Showed a lot of his all round potential
nevetsov
Head Coach
And1: 1,709

Post#47 » by nevetsov » Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:09 am

suns12345 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

We know Cam can shoot, so his bubble number dont worry me.

Im ecstatic how he looked taking it to the rim and off the dribble. Plus, physically he looked much more comfortable. Showed a lot of his all round potential

And all of those sneaky back door cuts!

Return to Phoenix Suns