ImageImageImage

How do you think the Top 10 of the lottery plays out tonight??

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22, Kerrsed

cberry78
Senior
Posts: 562
And1: 572
Joined: Apr 21, 2015
 

Re: How do you think the Top 10 of the lottery plays out tonight?? 

Post#61 » by cberry78 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:43 am

nevetsov wrote:1 MIN (ATL) Edwards
2 GSW (MEM) Wiseman
3 CHA (CHI) Ball
4 CHI (CHA) One of the O's
5 CLE Advija
6 ATL (MIN) Toppin
7 DET Hayes
8 NYK
9 WAS Best available wing
10 PHX Haliburton or Vassell

Are you implying that the Knicks front office is so inept that they will forget to draft a player?
nevetsov
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,732
And1: 1,443
Joined: Jan 11, 2005
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Contact:
 

Re: How do you think the Top 10 of the lottery plays out tonight?? 

Post#62 » by nevetsov » Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:49 am

cberry78 wrote:
nevetsov wrote:1 MIN (ATL) Edwards
2 GSW (MEM) Wiseman
3 CHA (CHI) Ball
4 CHI (CHA) One of the O's
5 CLE Advija
6 ATL (MIN) Toppin
7 DET Hayes
8 NYK
9 WAS Best available wing
10 PHX Haliburton or Vassell

Are you implying that the Knicks front office is so inept that they will forget to draft a player?


:lol: :lol: :lol:

I wouldn't put it past them.

Honestly though the Knicks have so many holes I wouldn't even know where to start. Do they still have 8 PFs? They might trade up for Toppin if that's the case, just to be sure.
User avatar
Ghost of Kleine
Analyst
Posts: 3,341
And1: 1,048
Joined: Apr 13, 2012

Re: How do you think the Top 10 of the lottery plays out tonight?? 

Post#63 » by Ghost of Kleine » Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:07 am

Read on Twitter
?s=09

Read on Twitter
?s=09
Image
cberry78
Senior
Posts: 562
And1: 572
Joined: Apr 21, 2015
 

Re: How do you think the Top 10 of the lottery plays out tonight?? 

Post#64 » by cberry78 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:24 am

nevetsov wrote:
cberry78 wrote:
nevetsov wrote:1 MIN (ATL) Edwards
2 GSW (MEM) Wiseman
3 CHA (CHI) Ball
4 CHI (CHA) One of the O's
5 CLE Advija
6 ATL (MIN) Toppin
7 DET Hayes
8 NYK
9 WAS Best available wing
10 PHX Haliburton or Vassell

Are you implying that the Knicks front office is so inept that they will forget to draft a player?


:lol: :lol: :lol:

I wouldn't put it past them.

Honestly though the Knicks have so many holes I wouldn't even know where to start. Do they still have 8 PFs? They might trade up for Toppin if that's the case, just to be sure.

I dunno, if I ran the Knicks, I'd probably trade down to get multiple picks. Then select multiple PFs. :cheesygrin:
Wilber85
Starter
Posts: 2,445
And1: 2,174
Joined: Oct 10, 2017
         

Re: How do you think the Top 10 of the lottery plays out tonight?? 

Post#65 » by Wilber85 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:27 am

Minnesota should trade

#1, Culver, and Filler for Bradley Beal

Russell
Beal
Towns
User avatar
Ghost of Kleine
Analyst
Posts: 3,341
And1: 1,048
Joined: Apr 13, 2012

Re: How do you think the Top 10 of the lottery plays out tonight?? 

Post#66 » by Ghost of Kleine » Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:12 am

Wilber85 wrote:Minnesota should trade

#1, Culver, and Filler for Bradley Beal

Russell
Beal
Towns

Nice idea, But that's not nearly enough for what Washington would demand for Beal! I mean a few months back, The premise was Bridges, another young prospect and two additional firsts.
Image
User avatar
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 65,871
And1: 37,577
Joined: Feb 06, 2009
Location: Austin
Contact:
   

Re: How do you think the Top 10 of the lottery plays out tonight?? 

Post#67 » by bwgood77 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:22 am

Ghost of Kleine wrote:
Wilber85 wrote:Minnesota should trade

#1, Culver, and Filler for Bradley Beal

Russell
Beal
Towns

Nice idea, But that's not nearly enough for what Washington would demand for Beal! I mean a few months back, The premise was Bridges, another young prospect and two additional firsts.


I think the Warriors will try to trade Wiggins and the first and more picks for him.
BobbieL
General Manager
Posts: 8,204
And1: 3,283
Joined: Jun 24, 2009

Re: How do you think the Top 10 of the lottery plays out tonight?? 

Post#68 » by BobbieL » Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:18 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
Ghost of Kleine wrote:
Wilber85 wrote:Minnesota should trade

#1, Culver, and Filler for Bradley Beal

Russell
Beal
Towns

Nice idea, But that's not nearly enough for what Washington would demand for Beal! I mean a few months back, The premise was Bridges, another young prospect and two additional firsts.


I think the Warriors will try to trade Wiggins and the first and more picks for him.


For Beal?

I saw an intersting rumor - maybe it was my old buddy Karim (he has been quiet) - but I think it was him

Gobert and the Utah pick for Wiggins and the number 2 pick
Utah could take Wiseman
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
Posts: 14,580
And1: 10,027
Joined: Feb 07, 2010

Re: How do you think the Top 10 of the lottery plays out tonight?? 

Post#69 » by WeekapaugGroove » Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:38 pm

BobbieL wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Ghost of Kleine wrote:Nice idea, But that's not nearly enough for what Washington would demand for Beal! I mean a few months back, The premise was Bridges, another young prospect and two additional firsts.


I think the Warriors will try to trade Wiggins and the first and more picks for him.


For Beal?

I saw an intersting rumor - maybe it was my old buddy Karim (he has been quiet) - but I think it was him

Gobert and the Utah pick for Wiggins and the number 2 pick
Utah could take Wiseman
That's a really interesting scenario that I could actually see happen. I do think there's a chance Gobert gets traded this off-season. The rift between him and Mitchell is at least partly real. Gobert is also eligible for the hometown super max deal and while he's obviously a great player that's a huge number and will make team building harder for Utah. If he's traded he's elible for less with GS.

I personally hope it doesn't happen because Gobert in GS is kind of frightening.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
User avatar
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 65,871
And1: 37,577
Joined: Feb 06, 2009
Location: Austin
Contact:
   

Re: How do you think the Top 10 of the lottery plays out tonight?? 

Post#70 » by bwgood77 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:04 pm

The Knicks and their fans have to be pissed the most. Sitting in the 6th slot, they had over a 37% chance of moving up, and even if they sat at 6th, they may have had 4-5 guys they really liked, knowing they could get one of them...but could miss out by sliding down and have to go for more of a role player.

I think they might be one of the few teams that tries to move up.
BobbieL
General Manager
Posts: 8,204
And1: 3,283
Joined: Jun 24, 2009

Re: How do you think the Top 10 of the lottery plays out tonight?? 

Post#71 » by BobbieL » Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:56 pm

Looking at some mock drafts - at 10 looks like Haliburton seems to make a lot of sense for the Suns. Granted, has to get to 10 first. A lot of wings for sure in and around 10.
User avatar
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 65,871
And1: 37,577
Joined: Feb 06, 2009
Location: Austin
Contact:
   

Re: How do you think the Top 10 of the lottery plays out tonight?? 

Post#72 » by bwgood77 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:42 pm

BobbieL wrote:Looking at some mock drafts - at 10 looks like Haliburton seems to make a lot of sense for the Suns. Granted, has to get to 10 first. A lot of wings for sure in and around 10.


If he was there it would be great to get him. It's really too bad we traded that Bucks pick away for Jerome, though, as we could use it. Though I guess we got Baynes in the deal which I really liked, though Holmes (who I wanted to keep for less of a cap hit last year, played great too).

I just hope the Jerome pick doesn't influence this pick in any way.

Return to Phoenix Suns