OT: NFL fantasy - Another league drafting today since so much interest

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

matt131
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,758

Re: OT: NFL fantasy 

Post#21 » by matt131 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:31 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
matt131 wrote:If you need a 14th, I'm in. Realize I'm late though. No worries if you're all filled

I have another one filling up if you are interested.
When does it draft?
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,383

Post#22 » by bwgood77 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:33 pm

matt131 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
matt131 wrote:If you need a 14th, I'm in. Realize I'm late though. No worries if you're all filled

When does it draft?

I was thinking maybe between 3:30 and 4:30 CT, but maybe a little later, because I may have an appointment.
matt131
Lead Assistant

Post#23 » by matt131 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:46 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
matt131 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
When does it draft?

I was thinking maybe between 3:30 and 4:30 CT, but maybe a little later, because I may have an appointment.

Anytime after 4:30 CT works for me. Work has decided it's acceptable to send me on travel again, so I land around 4 CT.
matt131
Lead Assistant

Post#24 » by matt131 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:46 pm

matt131 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
matt131 wrote:When does it draft?

Anytime after 4:30 CT works for me. Work has decided it's acceptable to send me on travel again, so I land around 4 CT.
But obviously, set the time for when it works best for you and your group. Not trying to dictate, just explaining my situation.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#25 » by bwgood77 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:40 pm

matt131 wrote:
matt131 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

But obviously, set the time for when it works best for you and your group. Not trying to dictate, just explaining my situation.

No, that's fine...I was leaning towards 4:30 or so. Do you have an ESPN account? Can you PM me your email address for the invite? And sign up for an ESPN account if you don't have one.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Re: OT: NFL fantasy - Another league drafting today since so much interest 

Post#26 » by bwgood77 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:06 pm

I updated the title. If someone who couldn't get in because it was full wants to join, or even if you did get in and want to do another one, PM me and send email address. There will be an option to play 2 QBs in this league.
Kyler Murray
Suns Forum Fantasy GOD
And1: 690

Post#27 » by Kyler Murray » Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:35 pm

bwgood77 wrote:I updated the title. If someone who couldn't get in because it was full wants to join, or even if you did get in and want to do another one, PM me and send email address. There will be an option to play 2 QBs in this league.

Hey bw, am I too late?
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#28 » by bwgood77 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:41 pm

Kyler Murray wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:I updated the title. If someone who couldn't get in because it was full wants to join, or even if you did get in and want to do another one, PM me and send email address. There will be an option to play 2 QBs in this league.

Hey bw, am I too late?

No, just PM me your email address.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#29 » by bwgood77 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:59 am

matt131 wrote:
matt131 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

Kyler Murray wrote:

Hey bw, am I too late?

Looks like you guys are playing each other this week and the projected final score is 186-182.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#30 » by bwgood77 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:16 pm

matt131 wrote:
matt131 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

Looks like, at a minimum, my team's bench will decimate your team's bench this week.
matt131
Lead Assistant

Post#31 » by matt131 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:16 am

bwgood77 wrote:
matt131 wrote:
matt131 wrote:

Looks like, at a minimum, my team's bench will decimate your team's bench this week.
Your starters whooped my butt too!

As an aside, I've been somewhat impressed with Herbert. I've been so frustrated with our play calling though. How many times are we going to run on first down? And, as usual, field goal kicking ruins us again. So tough being a charger fan, but at least with a rookie QB, we aren't necessarily expected to win big. However, how amazing would it be for the team and for Herbert if we had won against the chiefs, the bucs, and the saints? He would have taken down Mahomes, brady, and Brees. Definitely would have been huge for his confidence and the overall narrative of how good he could be
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#32 » by bwgood77 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:46 am

matt131 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
matt131 wrote:But obviously, set the time for when it works best for you and your group. Not trying to dictate, just explaining my situation.

Your starters whooped my butt too!

As an aside, I've been somewhat impressed with Herbert. I've been so frustrated with our play calling though. How many times are we going to run on first down? And, as usual, field goal kicking ruins us again. So tough being a charger fan, but at least with a rookie QB, we aren't necessarily expected to win big. However, how amazing would it be for the team and for Herbert if we had won against the chiefs, the bucs, and the saints? He would have taken down Mahomes, brady, and Brees. Definitely would have been huge for his confidence and the overall narrative of how good he could be

Yeah, these losses were all brutal, but encouraging given his play and that we even were able to get those big leads against those teams with so many players out, especially guys like James, Ekeler, Keenan Allen, Ingram, Pouncey, Chris Harris, a banged up Bosa, and so many other starters. I was more irritated by the offensive play calling in the first few games (and to start that final drive in regulation tonight with under 50 seconds left). They have actually passed and called some nice plays down near the goal line lately after running it up the middle from inside the 5 repeatedly the first two weeks and settling for FGs..at least we are getting TDs.

I am probably more irritated with the lack of defensive adjustments at halftime...I think they need to mix it up, even if it appears to be working, because the opposing QBs learn they can just take the short stuff, so play more man, blitz more, etc.

But really impressed with Herbert. It wouldn't surprise me to rip off a bunch of wins in a row after the bye week, especially if we get some starters back.

Return to Phoenix Suns