ImageImageImage

Around the NBA - 2020-21

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22, Kerrsed

Revived
RealGM
Posts: 27,857
And1: 13,179
Joined: Feb 17, 2011

Re: Around the NBA - 2020-21 

Post#1101 » by Revived » Wed Apr 7, 2021 12:49 am

SunsRback4Good wrote:Yeah, Lakers sure will get play in game when they blowing out Raptors on road by 30 points without AD, Bron & Drummond. Give me a break they are much better than a play in games. Will finish 5th or 6th with all said and done.

In a perfect world, them and the Clippers play in the 1st round.

I’m not sure Adam Siver even wants both the Lakers and Clippers to play deep into the playoffs. Neither of those teams will be able to host fans and that’s a huge revenue stream the league is losing. Silver has been saying all season long how he expects to host fans once playoffs start. And California governor Newsom just announced that he won’t be opening up the state till June 15th.

I may be wrong but I think every other team in the West playoffs is already hosting fans or on pace to host fans by NBA playoffs.
Revived
RealGM
Posts: 27,857
And1: 13,179
Joined: Feb 17, 2011

Re: Around the NBA - 2020-21 

Post#1102 » by Revived » Wed Apr 7, 2021 5:01 am

Steph Curry is ridiculous. Watched almost this entire Bucks/Warriors game and they were trapping and doubling the hell out of him and he still drops 40 on their heads on absurd efficiency.

Easily the greatest scorer and offensive player in basketball history imo.
User avatar
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
Posts: 20,305
And1: 5,974
Joined: May 13, 2011
     

Re: Around the NBA - 2020-21 

Post#1103 » by SunsRback4Good » Wed Apr 7, 2021 5:20 am

Revived wrote:Steph Curry is ridiculous. Watched almost this entire Bucks/Warriors game and they were trapping and doubling the hell out of him and he still drops 40 on their heads on absurd efficiency.

Easily the greatest scorer and offensive player in basketball history imo.


The Nets "only" have three steph curry type players on their team. God help us all for the next 4 to 5 years.
Image
AtheJ415
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,461
And1: 4,223
Joined: Jul 07, 2014

Re: Around the NBA - 2020-21 

Post#1104 » by AtheJ415 » Wed Apr 7, 2021 6:48 am

Saberestar wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:Haliburton with 11 assists and 0 turnovers tonight.

Yeah, he is playing well, no doubt about it, but I am happy with Jalen Smith on the bench for our 34W-14L team. Other than LaMelo Ball I do not see any GREAT rookie out there.

Look, there were a lot of doubts about Cam Johnson before the Bubble. We were a losing team and he was playing sometimes well but he was having some physical problems and could not finish around the rim or defend too well. At that point he was a meh pick for me.

But he grow a lot from March to July. He was stronger and more confident in the bubble and since then he has been a very good two-way player.

That can happen to Jalen Smith too. He needs a bit more time to grow physically and mentally and he can get there in the summer.

I am pretty sure that Jalen will be part of the rotation next season. We have him under contract for three more seasons.

He will be important for us in the future, his skillset is good and he is a hard worker. We just need to give him more time.


Haliburton & Edwards have been great imo. You have to compare them to other rookies.

I liked Smith coming out despite disagreeing with picking him with Haliburton & Vassell on the board. That said, it is highly, highly concerning that he isn't able to get minutes on a team that desperately needs a 3rd big. Kaminsky is barely NBA player. Damian Jones too. Smith should be head and shoulders ahead of them even as a rookie.

I still have hope given his skill set but there isn't a real reason for optimism until he actually produces or at least makes the rotation.
AtheJ415
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,461
And1: 4,223
Joined: Jul 07, 2014

Re: Around the NBA - 2020-21 

Post#1105 » by AtheJ415 » Wed Apr 7, 2021 6:50 am

Watched Miami tonight. My god, their defense was terrible. Open 3s and layups galore. Had Iggy guarding the post and he just swiped at everything. Oladipo and Ariza in crunch time minutes. Oladipo lost a step--turning it over on basic drives. Even Butler looked disinterested on D. Was a 3 point game late in the 3rd and they got blown the hell out.
Saberestar
RealGM
Posts: 14,125
And1: 9,581
Joined: May 21, 2010

Re: Around the NBA - 2020-21 

Post#1106 » by Saberestar » Wed Apr 7, 2021 7:43 am

Revived wrote:
Saberestar wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:Haliburton with 11 assists and 0 turnovers tonight.

Yeah, he is playing well, no doubt about it, but I am happy with Jalen Smith on the bench for our 34W-14L team. Other than LaMelo Ball I do not see any GREAT rookie out there.

Look, there were a lot of doubts about Cam Johnson before the Bubble. We were a losing team and he was playing sometimes well but he was having some physical problems and could not finish around the rim or defend too well. At that point he was a meh pick for me.

But he grow a lot from March to July. He was stronger and more confident in the bubble and since then he has been a very good two-way player.

That can happen to Jalen Smith too. He needs a bit more time to grow physically and mentally and he can get there in the summer.

I am pretty sure that Jalen will be part of the rotation next season. We have him under contract for three more seasons.

He will be important for us in the future, his skillset is good and he is a hard worker. We just need to give him more time.

He didn’t say anything about Jalen Smith lol. I think he was simply pointing out that Halliburton had a good game in the around the NBA thread.

We had a thread from some weeks ago named "Drafting Jalen Smith over Haliburton".

You know that the good play from Haliburton is seen a lot as a mistake from James Jones because Haliburton (and Vassell) were available at #10 for the Suns.

I just want to give Jalen Smith at least a full season before judging him as a player.

We gave to Dragan freaking Bender THREE full seasons before deciding that he was not good enough for the NBA.
Revived
RealGM
Posts: 27,857
And1: 13,179
Joined: Feb 17, 2011

Re: Around the NBA - 2020-21 

Post#1107 » by Revived » Wed Apr 7, 2021 8:10 am

Saberestar wrote:
Revived wrote:
Saberestar wrote:Yeah, he is playing well, no doubt about it, but I am happy with Jalen Smith on the bench for our 34W-14L team. Other than LaMelo Ball I do not see any GREAT rookie out there.

Look, there were a lot of doubts about Cam Johnson before the Bubble. We were a losing team and he was playing sometimes well but he was having some physical problems and could not finish around the rim or defend too well. At that point he was a meh pick for me.

But he grow a lot from March to July. He was stronger and more confident in the bubble and since then he has been a very good two-way player.

That can happen to Jalen Smith too. He needs a bit more time to grow physically and mentally and he can get there in the summer.

I am pretty sure that Jalen will be part of the rotation next season. We have him under contract for three more seasons.

He will be important for us in the future, his skillset is good and he is a hard worker. We just need to give him more time.

He didn’t say anything about Jalen Smith lol. I think he was simply pointing out that Halliburton had a good game in the around the NBA thread.

We had a thread from some weeks ago named "Drafting Jalen Smith over Haliburton".

You know that the good play from Haliburton is seen a lot as a mistake from James Jones because Haliburton (and Vassell) were available at #10 for the Suns.

I just want to give Jalen Smith at least a full season before judging him as a player.

We gave to Dragan freaking Bender THREE full seasons before deciding that he was not good enough for the NBA.

I don’t disagree with your take at all. Jalen Smith could end up being the next greatest PF to play. I mean the guy’s basically never gotten an opportunity this season because we’ve been playing winning ball and he didn’t have much in terms of training camp/preseason.

I just thought it was odd Jalen was brought up in the around the nba thread in response to a post about Halliburton. But I guess it’s because you thought it was a shot at Smith even though it may have just been pointing out that Halliburton’s having a good rookie season that’s all.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
Posts: 16,478
And1: 11,676
Joined: Feb 07, 2010

Re: Around the NBA - 2020-21 

Post#1108 » by WeekapaugGroove » Wed Apr 7, 2021 2:25 pm

Should probably be noted that Vassell was a guy a lot of us (myself included) really liked hasn't exactly been killing it. He's in the Spurs rotation and could end up good but thus far he's been pretty meh.

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
User avatar
Kerrsed
Senior Mod - Suns
Senior Mod - Suns
Posts: 29,821
And1: 16,495
Joined: Mar 31, 2009
Location: Land of the Internet Memes
Contact:
     

Re: Around the NBA - 2020-21 

Post#1109 » by Kerrsed » Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:41 am

So PatBev out for 3-4 weeks with a fractured hand........ says it COULD be from going for a rebound........ my money is on him punching something in the locker-room after his ejection. Karma Bro.
Its #DUMPSTERFIRE SEASON! #TeamTRAINWRECK -KERRSED- The Mod, The Myth, The Legend
Image
User avatar
Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
Posts: 16,530
And1: 9,272
Joined: Jul 10, 2009
Contact:
     

Re: Around the NBA - 2020-21 

Post#1110 » by Qwigglez » Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:16 pm

Kerrsed wrote:So PatBev out for 3-4 weeks with a fractured hand........ says it COULD be from going for a rebound........ my money is on him punching something in the locker-room after his ejection. Karma Bro.


Eff that dude. Also the MoBros.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
Posts: 16,478
And1: 11,676
Joined: Feb 07, 2010

Re: Around the NBA - 2020-21 

Post#1111 » by WeekapaugGroove » Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:16 pm

Read on Twitter


Wow

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
User avatar
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
Posts: 20,305
And1: 5,974
Joined: May 13, 2011
     

Re: Around the NBA - 2020-21 

Post#1112 » by SunsRback4Good » Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:03 pm

Celtics lead Nuggets 96 to 82 with 4 min remaining in the game. Do you believe in miracles???

Celtics on a 31-3 run in last 9 minutes. :o
Image
User avatar
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
Posts: 20,305
And1: 5,974
Joined: May 13, 2011
     

Re: Around the NBA - 2020-21 

Post#1113 » by SunsRback4Good » Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:12 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:
Read on Twitter


Wow

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app


Superb dunk! Which one is better this dunk or the Anthony Edwards one?
Image
nevetsov
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,940
And1: 1,640
Joined: Jan 11, 2005
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Contact:
 

Re: Around the NBA - 2020-21 

Post#1114 » by nevetsov » Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:03 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:
Read on Twitter


Wow

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app


Anyone else see a bit of Hakim Warrick in him?
TouchPassDario
Pro Prospect
Posts: 821
And1: 334
Joined: Feb 14, 2021

Re: Around the NBA - 2020-21 

Post#1115 » by TouchPassDario » Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:56 pm

Saberestar wrote:
Revived wrote:
Saberestar wrote:Yeah, he is playing well, no doubt about it, but I am happy with Jalen Smith on the bench for our 34W-14L team. Other than LaMelo Ball I do not see any GREAT rookie out there.

Look, there were a lot of doubts about Cam Johnson before the Bubble. We were a losing team and he was playing sometimes well but he was having some physical problems and could not finish around the rim or defend too well. At that point he was a meh pick for me.

But he grow a lot from March to July. He was stronger and more confident in the bubble and since then he has been a very good two-way player.

That can happen to Jalen Smith too. He needs a bit more time to grow physically and mentally and he can get there in the summer.

I am pretty sure that Jalen will be part of the rotation next season. We have him under contract for three more seasons.

He will be important for us in the future, his skillset is good and he is a hard worker. We just need to give him more time.

He didn’t say anything about Jalen Smith lol. I think he was simply pointing out that Halliburton had a good game in the around the NBA thread.

We had a thread from some weeks ago named "Drafting Jalen Smith over Haliburton".

You know that the good play from Haliburton is seen a lot as a mistake from James Jones because Haliburton (and Vassell) were available at #10 for the Suns.

I just want to give Jalen Smith at least a full season before judging him as a player.

We gave to Dragan freaking Bender THREE full seasons before deciding that he was not good enough for the NBA.


Also, Bender isn’t even the right comparison. He was on a crap team. Much easier for a rookie to put up numbers in a crap team. Kings are AWFUL. Suns are ELITE. If we were bad and Smith couldn’t crack rotation or played bad getting regular minutes I would be a lot more worried.
TouchPassDario
Pro Prospect
Posts: 821
And1: 334
Joined: Feb 14, 2021

Re: Around the NBA - 2020-21 

Post#1116 » by TouchPassDario » Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:58 pm

SunsRback4Good wrote:Celtics lead Nuggets 96 to 82 with 4 min remaining in the game. Do you believe in miracles???

Celtics on a 31-3 run in last 9 minutes. :o


Funniest part was Jokic coming in did NOTHING to stem the tide. He actually got benched with 4:20 left with Den only down 14 and with the ball. He got absolutely owned and literally stood in backcourt to argue on three straight transition run outs for Boston. Lolllllll
TouchPassDario
Pro Prospect
Posts: 821
And1: 334
Joined: Feb 14, 2021

Re: Around the NBA - 2020-21 

Post#1117 » by TouchPassDario » Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:59 pm

Boston played poorly and went on a 31-3 run in Denver.

Just lol at anyone that thinks they’re a threat to title. They should have been bounced in the first round in 5 by Utah last year.
User avatar
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
Posts: 20,305
And1: 5,974
Joined: May 13, 2011
     

Re: Around the NBA - 2020-21 

Post#1118 » by SunsRback4Good » Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:27 am

TouchPassDario wrote:
SunsRback4Good wrote:Celtics lead Nuggets 96 to 82 with 4 min remaining in the game. Do you believe in miracles???

Celtics on a 31-3 run in last 9 minutes. :o


Funniest part was Jokic coming in did NOTHING to stem the tide. He actually got benched with 4:20 left with Den only down 14 and with the ball. He got absolutely owned and literally stood in backcourt to argue on three straight transition run outs for Boston. Lolllllll


Yeah, I noticed him upset and arguing a ton of times this game. It reminded me of 3/4th of Lakers roster constantly harping at refs in the playoffs. Lebron in particular like a sniper just took out one of his teammates.
Image
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
Posts: 16,478
And1: 11,676
Joined: Feb 07, 2010

Re: Around the NBA - 2020-21 

Post#1119 » by WeekapaugGroove » Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:25 am

SunsRback4Good wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:
Read on Twitter


Wow

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app


Superb dunk! Which one is better this dunk or the Anthony Edwards one?
That's a tough call, both vicious dunks. I think I'd slightly pick this one.

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
User avatar
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 71,864
And1: 41,343
Joined: Feb 06, 2009
Location: Austin
Contact:
   

Re: Around the NBA - 2020-21 

Post#1120 » by bwgood77 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:35 am

WeekapaugGroove wrote:
SunsRback4Good wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:
Read on Twitter


Wow

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app


Superb dunk! Which one is better this dunk or the Anthony Edwards one?
That's a tough call, both vicious dunks. I think I'd slightly pick this one.

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app


Funny to see dunks like this and then think about Anfernee Simons winning the dunk contest.

Return to Phoenix Suns