ImageImageImage

2020 Preseason Speculation - Lineup battles underway

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

BobbieL
RealGM
And1: 6,785

Re: 2020 Season/Offseason (FA/Trade) Speculation - CP3 added...who's next? 

Post#3161 » by BobbieL » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:13 pm

:banghead:
SuperSunsFan wrote:i love this off season, haven't been this hyped up about the Suns since 2004, seriously. first time in a long while i get the feeling that "the shopping is complete, let's get down to business"

Just need Saric back and let’s go to camp . Suns got arguably the best player to change teams this offseason to date (Harden still might move)

Added a solid player in Crowder; nice guard depth with Loore. Just solid players
matt131
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,764

Post#3162 » by matt131 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:24 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets
And1: 6,481

Post#3163 » by Ghost of Kleine » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:29 pm

Barkley6 wrote:
Ghost of Kleine wrote:
matt131 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

I wonder if OKC keeps all of those players (george hill...)

If the Thunder release Hill, I'd love to finish up with signing him, And then Shaquille Harrison ( 1), or Ryan Broekhoff ( 2) or Jordan McCrae ( 3) at the shooting guard spot. Good to go from that point.
** Maybe pick up 1 or two more young undrafted prospects for G league draft and stash injury insurance?

If we can't get Hill, We absolutely need to sign Reggie Jackson! And then add either Harrison or McCrae at the 2. :wink:

McRae cant shoot. I'll pass.
Harrison cant shoot. I'll pass.
Broekhoff can shoot. But he can't do anything else. I'll pass. He only played in 17 games last year despite hitting 40% from 3. That tells me he's got nothing else to his game but a shot.

We need somoene who can score consistently off the bench and can knock down 3s. None of these guys are that. We need a Hill, Galloway, Jackson, Moore type.

He's a career 35% from three, Not great but not Terrible for a 3rd string guard. And he's easily the best ISOLATION scorer we could get on a minimum scale salary.

What are you talking about brother? Just last season, Harrison shot 38%from three and 76% from the free throw line. I get that over his short nba career he wasn't good. But we're talking about a 6'7 defensive guard whose a near elite perimeter defender and has obviously improved his jumpshot. That'd be a steal for us at the veterans' minimum pricetag honestly.

Broekhoff can shoot. But he can't do anything else. I'll pass.

For the veterans' minimum, Who really cares if he does much else? The point is that he's a career 40% 3 or shooter with good size at 6'6. And most importantly, he's an absolute Flamethrower on offense. At the lowest possible cost you'll find. I can understand wanting much more IF they were actually going to be playing a more significant role and were also significantly more expensive. But let's be honest, We're talking about 3rd string fillers. And each of these players ( At a minimum scale cost ) provide a beneficial individual skillset to our bench.

Jordan McCrae-
https://www.google.com/amp/s/wizofawes.com/2020/01/14/washington-wizards-jordan-mcrae-was-great-health-insurance-now-what/amp/

In theseason, McRae is posting career numbers: 21.7 points, 7.2 rebounds, and 3.8 assists on a 48/49/77 shooting split. Including this 35-point explosion of a performance in a loss to the Portland Trail Blazers:

The entire league knew McRae could score. That’s why he’s earned time with various teams over the years: Phoenix, and two stints with Cleveland. But the most impressive adjustment to McRae’s game is his passing, something that Beal has taken on in the last few seasons.

On the year, the shooting guard is averaging a career-high 2.9 assists per game. But he’s had multiple (seven to be exact!) performances with four or more dimes. Heck, he had a career-high eight assists in Washington’s win over Miami last week:

- On a minimum contract, That's obviously pretty good value for a 3rd string option.

Shaquille Harrison
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/jasonpatt/2020/07/21/chicago-bulls-face-decision-defensive-dynamo-shaquille-harrison-offseason/amp/

while Harrison’s offense is limited, he brings legitimate value to the table on defense. His bulldog mentality on the defensive end is a thorn in the side of opposing guards, and any team could use that kind of spark on the back end of their roster.

Harrison’s defensive metrics are impressive. His 2.80 Defensive Real Plus-Minus places him 15th in the NBA, just a few places behind Dunn. His Defensive RAPTOR just edges Dunn’s mark. His 4.9 deflections per 36 minutes and 2.3 loose balls recovered per 36 minutes rank toward the top of the league, per NBA.com’s hustle stats. He has always been good at racking up steals, and his block percentage also jumped this season.

The Bulls actually outscored opponents by 6.8 points per 100 possessions in Harrison’s 484 minutes this season, per NBA.com.

https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/bulls/season-review-shaq-harrison-shows-his-value-elite-defensive-production

The defensive-minded Boylen fell in love with Harrison’s defensive prowess and endless motor; Harrison averaged 16.3 minutes under Hoiberg and 20.1 under Boylen.

Simply put, Harrison was a defensive star. He led the NBA in both steals per 36 minutes (2.1) and loose balls recovered per 36 minutes (2.1). His 3.7 deflections per 36 minutes were 4th best in the NBA and only Bruce Brown and Derrick White had a better block rate than Harrison among qualifying guards. He didn’t play nearly enough minutes to warrant consideration, but Harrison’s skill level was All-NBA Defensive Team good this season.
Just how good was Shaq Harrison’s defense? He recorded 89 steals and blocked 30 shots in fewer than 1,500 minutes. They’re odd thresholds, but hear us out: Those defensive numbers in that few amount of minutes from a guard has only been done two other times in NBA history: Tony Allen (2011) and Dudley Bradley (1988).

- I get that he's got a long way to go on the offensive end of the floor. But last season's 38% from three and 76% from the free throw line would indicate improvement there. But his primary calling card will be his near ALL NBA level defensive abilities. Now if you can get that in a young 6'7 guard, AND only at a minimum cost, That's great value for a 3rd string 2 guard. And if he maintains last seasons efficiency, Then you have a potential two way star. Plus he's already familiar with our team, and a fan favorite! Again for the veterans' minimum.

Ryan Broekhoff
A 6'6 shooting guard that is a career 40% three point shooter, and 81% from the line. Whose an absolute Flamethrower from three also. And whom you could get for around the vetrans' minimum. What else would you really need him to do for us coming off the bench with the 3rd unit, And burying shots all over the court as our microwave scoring option compliment to Cam or Smith etc?

I mean again, We're talking about minimum scale players here. What better available options for us, Am I overlooking for that price?
All of these players represent really good value for their respective roles at a very minimal cost to us. :wink:
thamadkant
Suns Forum Picker of Cherries
And1: 7,771

Post#3164 » by thamadkant » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:29 pm

Suns now have a clog in the wings... For players who needs minutes at least.

Or it is likely Bridges will get a big chunk of minutes as SG.
Barkley6
Veteran
And1: 2,406

Post#3165 » by Barkley6 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:31 pm

thamadkant wrote:Suns now have a clog in the wings... For players who needs minutes at least.

Moore projects more as a 2 than Bridges. Mostly due to size.
Barkley6
Veteran
And1: 2,406

Post#3166 » by Barkley6 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:32 pm

Ghost of Kleine wrote:
Barkley6 wrote:
Ghost of Kleine wrote:
If the Thunder release Hill, I'd love to finish up with signing him, And then Shaquille Harrison ( 1), or Ryan Broekhoff ( 2) or Jordan McCrae ( 3) at the shooting guard spot. Good to go from that point.
** Maybe pick up 1 or two more young undrafted prospects for G league draft and stash injury insurance?

If we can't get Hill, We absolutely need to sign Reggie Jackson! And then add either Harrison or McCrae at the 2. :wink:

Broekhoff can shoot. But he can't do anything else. I'll pass. He only played in 17 games last year despite hitting 40% from 3. That tells me he's got nothing else to his game but a shot.

We need somoene who can score consistently off the bench and can knock down 3s. None of these guys are that. We need a Hill, Galloway, Jackson, Moore type.

He's a career 35% from three, Not great but not Terrible for a 3rd string guard. And he's easily the best ISOLATION scorer we could get on a minimum scale salary.

What are you talking about brother? Just last season, Harrison shot 38%from three and 76% from the free throw line. I get that over his short nba career he wasn't good. But we're talking about a 6'7 defensive guard whose a near elite perimeter defender and has obviously improved his jumpshot. That'd be a steal for us at the veterans' minimum pricetag honestly.

For the veterans' minimum, Who really cares if he does much else? The point is that he's a career 40% 3 or shooter with good size at 6'6. And most importantly, he's an absolute Flamethrower on offense. At the lowest possible cost you'll find. I can understand wanting much more IF they were actually going to be playing a more significant role and were also significantly more expensive. But let's be honest, We're talking about 3rd string fillers. And each of these players ( At a minimum scale cost ) provide a beneficial individual skillset to our bench.

Jordan McCrae-
https://www.google.com/amp/s/wizofawes.com/2020/01/14/washington-wizards-jordan-mcrae-was-great-health-insurance-now-what/amp/

In theseason, McRae is posting career numbers: 21.7 points, 7.2 rebounds, and 3.8 assists on a 48/49/77 shooting split. Including this 35-point explosion of a performance in a loss to the Portland Trail Blazers:

The entire league knew McRae could score. That’s why he’s earned time with various teams over the years: Phoenix, and two stints with Cleveland. But the most impressive adjustment to McRae’s game is his passing, something that Beal has taken on in the last few seasons.

On the year, the shooting guard is averaging a career-high 2.9 assists per game. But he’s had multiple (seven to be exact!) performances with four or more dimes. Heck, he had a career-high eight assists in Washington’s win over Miami last week:

- On a minimum contract, That's obviously pretty good value for a 3rd string option.

Shaquille Harrison
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/jasonpatt/2020/07/21/chicago-bulls-face-decision-defensive-dynamo-shaquille-harrison-offseason/amp/

while Harrison’s offense is limited, he brings legitimate value to the table on defense. His bulldog mentality on the defensive end is a thorn in the side of opposing guards, and any team could use that kind of spark on the back end of their roster.

Harrison’s defensive metrics are impressive. His 2.80 Defensive Real Plus-Minus places him 15th in the NBA, just a few places behind Dunn. His Defensive RAPTOR just edges Dunn’s mark. His 4.9 deflections per 36 minutes and 2.3 loose balls recovered per 36 minutes rank toward the top of the league, per NBA.com’s hustle stats. He has always been good at racking up steals, and his block percentage also jumped this season.

The Bulls actually outscored opponents by 6.8 points per 100 possessions in Harrison’s 484 minutes this season, per NBA.com.

https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/bulls/season-review-shaq-harrison-shows-his-value-elite-defensive-production

The defensive-minded Boylen fell in love with Harrison’s defensive prowess and endless motor; Harrison averaged 16.3 minutes under Hoiberg and 20.1 under Boylen.

Simply put, Harrison was a defensive star. He led the NBA in both steals per 36 minutes (2.1) and loose balls recovered per 36 minutes (2.1). His 3.7 deflections per 36 minutes were 4th best in the NBA and only Bruce Brown and Derrick White had a better block rate than Harrison among qualifying guards. He didn’t play nearly enough minutes to warrant consideration, but Harrison’s skill level was All-NBA Defensive Team good this season.
Just how good was Shaq Harrison’s defense? He recorded 89 steals and blocked 30 shots in fewer than 1,500 minutes. They’re odd thresholds, but hear us out: Those defensive numbers in that few amount of minutes from a guard has only been done two other times in NBA history: Tony Allen (2011) and Dudley Bradley (1988).

- I get that he's got a long way to go on the offensive end of the floor. But last season's 38% from three and 76% from the free throw line would indicate improvement there. But his primary calling card will be his near ALL NBA level defensive abilities. Now if you can get that in a young 6'7 guard, AND only at a minimum cost, That's great value for a 3rd string 2 guard. And if he maintains last seasons efficiency, Then you have a potential two way star. Plus he's already familiar with our team, and a fan favorite! Again for the veterans' minimum.

Ryan Broekhoff
A 6'6 shooting guard that is a career 40% three point shooter, and 81% from the line. Whose an absolute Flamethrower from three also. And whom you could get for around the vetrans' minimum. What else would you really need him to do for us coming off the bench with the 3rd unit, And burying shots all over the court as our microwave scoring option compliment to Cam or Smith etc?

I mean again, We're talking about minimum scale players here. What better available options for us, Am I overlooking for that price?
All of these players represent really good value for their respective roles at a very minimal cost to us. :wink:

Yeah, I'm not gonna read all that. We signed E'Twuan Moore.
dremill24
Analyst
And1: 2,412

Post#3167 » by dremill24 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:37 pm

Ghost of Kleine wrote:
Barkley6 wrote:[quote="Ghost

Shaquille Harrison

Man...I love Harrison but no, he can’t shoot and he damn sure ain’t no 6’7” unless he’s grown a bunch in the last couple years lol
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#3168 » by Ghost of Kleine » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:39 pm

Barkley6 wrote:
Ghost of Kleine wrote:
Barkley6 wrote:

Jordan McCrae-

Shaquille Harrison

Ryan Broekhoff

Yeah, I'm not gonna read all that. We signed E'Twuan Moore.

That's cool man! :wink:
Just saying though that for that price, They offer good value. :nod:
matt131
Lead Assistant

Post#3169 » by matt131 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:41 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19

Seems to think we already let Okobo go...

I also think Baynes is actually a good and important player that we were semi unable to retain. And we also lost Rubio (swapped for Paul, I get it). I get Gambo's point though
phx#7
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,316

Post#3170 » by phx#7 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:45 pm

matt131 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

I also think Baynes is actually a good and important player that we were semi unable to retain. And we also lost Rubio (swapped for Paul, I get it). I get Gambo's point though

How is Baynes a non-player? Just a dumb take, especially if you go back and look at his take when we acquired him last year.
phx#7
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,316

Post#3171 » by phx#7 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:57 pm

double post
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#3172 » by Ghost of Kleine » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:04 pm

cberry78 wrote:
Revived wrote:
cberry78 wrote:S&T Baynes to Charlotte for Miles Bridges?

Michael Jordan makes dumb decisions but this is probably going a bit too far lol.

Don't they need a legit C though?

Thing with Charlotte is that they already have Cody Zeller/ Bismack Biyombo/ Vernon Carey, Nik Richards, And also Ray Spaulding too. So that's around 4 centers. Also they're not looking to be competitive. However gor whatever bizarre reason, IF they were to have interest, I'd love to do something around Baynes for Riller and Nik Richards! Definitely still have strong interest in Riller for sure. And Richards has similar length, vertical pop and fluidity as Anthony Davis himself. So that could be an awesome trade for us honestly! :D
matt131
Lead Assistant

Post#3173 » by matt131 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:06 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,462

Post#3174 » by bwgood77 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:07 pm

thamadkant wrote:Suns now have a clog in the wings... For players who needs minutes at least.

I think Bridges, Cam and Crowder will each see around 30 minutes between the 3 and 4. Ayton will have about 32 at the 5 if he stays out of foul trouble, and Saric will probably play about 15 at the 5 and 5 and the 4. Smith will get 5-10 minutes to start the season..or maybe not any for awhile.

Then we will inevitably have guys miss games and they will get more. When or if Paul misses games Book will probably run some PG without a capable backup, so that would give everyone more minutes as well.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,423

Post#3175 » by Revived » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:09 pm

phx#7 wrote:
matt131 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

How is Baynes a non-player? Just a dumb take, especially if you go back and look at his take when we acquired him last year.

And how is Rubio one?

It reflects so poorly on the state of Arizona that John Gambo is basically their top sports media person.
darealjuice
Suns Forum Future All Star
And1: 8,784

Post#3176 » by darealjuice » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:12 pm

I think the wing rotation is fine. If Booker plays 35 minutes a game, we have 109 minutes to split between the 2/3/4. 25-30 minutes for Bridges, Johnson, and Crowder; 10 minutes for Saric at power forward with 10-15 at center; and 10-15 minutes for Moore.
thamadkant
Suns Forum Picker of Cherries
And1: 7,771

Post#3177 » by thamadkant » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:14 pm

Knicks have the most questionable signings.

Like it's done by someone with absolutely no strategic knowledge or logical sense.
cberry78
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,420

Post#3178 » by cberry78 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:15 pm

Ghost of Kleine wrote:
cberry78 wrote:
Revived wrote:Michael Jordan makes dumb decisions but this is probably going a bit too far lol.

Don't they need a legit C though?

Thing with Charlotte is that they already have Cody Zeller/ Bismack Biyombo/ Vernon Carey, Nik Richards, And also Ray Spaulding too. So that's around 4 centers. Also they're not looking to be competitive. However gor whatever bizarre reason, IF they were to have interest, I'd love to do something around Baynes for Riller and Nik Richards! Definitely still have strong interest in Riller for sure. And Richards has similar length, vertical pop and fluidity as Anthony Davis himself. So that could be an awesome trade for us honestly! :D

This is why I used the qualifier "legit" :lol: :lol:
"Never argue with an idiot. You'll never convince the idiot that you're correct, and bystanders won't be able to tell who's who." - Mark Twain
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,462

Post#3179 » by bwgood77 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:18 pm

matt131
Lead Assistant

Post#3180 » by matt131 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:21 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19

Return to Phoenix Suns