ImageImageImage

Verizon 5G Performance Center

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22, Kerrsed

Golanator
Rookie
Posts: 1,088
And1: 890
Joined: Aug 17, 2017
     

Verizon 5G Performance Center 

Post#1 » by Golanator » Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:00 pm

Read on Twitter


Some cool pictures and details I haven’t seen before here. Top of the line facility for sure, have to think it helps in FA and stuff.
matt131
Veteran
Posts: 2,503
And1: 2,187
Joined: Jun 19, 2014
   

Re: Verizon 5G Performance Center 

Post#2 » by matt131 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:01 pm

Looks like one of the courts is not wide enough....weird

Edit: oh weird I actually think there are two lines. A regular nba three point line and then another line that isn't on regular courts. Maybe. I can't tell. Perhaps they added their own 4 point line haha
User avatar
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 67,495
And1: 38,743
Joined: Feb 06, 2009
Location: Austin
Contact:
   

Re: Verizon 5G Performance Center 

Post#3 » by bwgood77 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:48 pm

I used to work a half mile from there and hiked Camelback mountain a lot which is right behind it. I wonder how often they hike it for a workout. It's a nice workout especially when the weather is nice.
matt131
Veteran
Posts: 2,503
And1: 2,187
Joined: Jun 19, 2014
   

Re: Verizon 5G Performance Center 

Post#4 » by matt131 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:51 pm

bwgood77 wrote:I used to work a half mile from there and hiked Camelback mountain a lot which is right behind it. I wonder how often they hike it for a workout. It's a nice workout especially when the weather is nice.
It's a very nice hike but BEYOND crowded. Doubt they could make it up without being accosted throughout the whole hike
Walt_Uoob
Senior
Posts: 504
And1: 356
Joined: Sep 26, 2014
 

Re: Verizon 5G Performance Center 

Post#5 » by Walt_Uoob » Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:55 pm

matt131 wrote:Looks like one of the courts is not wide enough....weird

Edit: oh weird I actually think there are two lines. A regular nba three point line and then another line that isn't on regular courts. Maybe. I can't tell. Perhaps they added their own 4 point line haha


Yep, I remember reading about that: https://www.si.com/nba/2018/12/18/teams-practicing-four-point-line-hawks-bulls-sixers-nets-bucks
User avatar
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 67,495
And1: 38,743
Joined: Feb 06, 2009
Location: Austin
Contact:
   

Re: Verizon 5G Performance Center 

Post#6 » by bwgood77 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:00 pm

matt131 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:I used to work a half mile from there and hiked Camelback mountain a lot which is right behind it. I wonder how often they hike it for a workout. It's a nice workout especially when the weather is nice.
It's a very nice hike but BEYOND crowded. Doubt they could make it up without being accosted throughout the whole hike


Yeah, for me it depended on when I went, but maybe more crowded now. If I went after work, not nearly as crowded as on the weekend, and if I went before work, at like 6, it was not crowded at all.
matt131
Veteran
Posts: 2,503
And1: 2,187
Joined: Jun 19, 2014
   

Re: Verizon 5G Performance Center 

Post#7 » by matt131 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:03 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
matt131 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:I used to work a half mile from there and hiked Camelback mountain a lot which is right behind it. I wonder how often they hike it for a workout. It's a nice workout especially when the weather is nice.
It's a very nice hike but BEYOND crowded. Doubt they could make it up without being accosted throughout the whole hike


Yeah, for me it depended on when I went, but maybe more crowded now. If I went after work, not nearly as crowded as on the weekend, and if I went before work, at like 6, it was not crowded at all.
Good point. I forget that it's an NBA player's job to workout and stay fit, and that hiking during a workday is an option for them, unlike for me haha

Return to Phoenix Suns