ImageImageImage

CP3 news and highlights

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22, Kerrsed

Saberestar
RealGM
Posts: 14,147
And1: 9,597
Joined: May 21, 2010

Re: CP3 news and highlights 

Post#41 » by Saberestar » Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:23 pm

Read on Twitter
Revived
RealGM
Posts: 27,899
And1: 13,201
Joined: Feb 17, 2011

Re: CP3 news and highlights 

Post#42 » by Revived » Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:10 am

John Stockton averaged 16 pts, 9 assists and 4 rebounds on 55% shooting at age 40.

Reason I mention it is because I wonder if CP3 perhaps has that type of longevity in him. The way he’s playing now doesn’t show any signs of his game falling off much anytime soon.
User avatar
Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
Posts: 16,555
And1: 9,296
Joined: Jul 10, 2009
Contact:
     

Re: CP3 news and highlights 

Post#43 » by Qwigglez » Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:47 am

Not sure if everyone saw this yet, but this definitely highlights how much a mastermind like CP3 changes your team. I'm not sure if it's because there aren't many fans in the arena but I see all of our players being more vocal on both ends of the court. This kind of communication is why we have a top 10 defense in the NBA.
Saberestar
RealGM
Posts: 14,147
And1: 9,597
Joined: May 21, 2010

Re: CP3 news and highlights 

Post#44 » by Saberestar » Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:39 am

Revived wrote:John Stockton averaged 16 pts, 9 assists and 4 rebounds on 55% shooting at age 40.

Reason I mention it is because I wonder if CP3 perhaps has that type of longevity in him. The way he’s playing now doesn’t show any signs of his game falling off much anytime soon.

Stockton averaged worse numbers when he was old. At 39/40 years old he averaged 13.4 points, 8.2 assists, 3.2 boards on 52% shooting.

But I get your point and I agree.

I do not know if CP3 will play efficiently until 40, but what I know is that he is not slowing down and he can be a big part of this team for the next few years.

People need to realize that this is NOT a closed two-year project because we can extend his contract and he will stay on the Suns.
Adrao
Sophomore
Posts: 134
And1: 78
Joined: Nov 21, 2020
   

Re: CP3 news and highlights 

Post#45 » by Adrao » Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:54 pm

Revived wrote:John Stockton averaged 16 pts, 9 assists and 4 rebounds on 55% shooting at age 40.

Reason I mention it is because I wonder if CP3 perhaps has that type of longevity in him. The way he’s playing now doesn’t show any signs of his game falling off much anytime soon.
There was a player in the Spanish league called "Chichi" Creus who gave his best basketball at the age of 37. He played as PG too. If you like basketball heroes read about him.
suns12345
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,470
And1: 857
Joined: Jul 28, 2008
 

Re: CP3 news and highlights 

Post#46 » by suns12345 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:19 am

All the chat about Booker, and nothing here.

Lets not forget we traded for an all star last summer. Pretty gutsy move that is paying off so far.

Congrats to CP3
TouchPassDario
Pro Prospect
Posts: 821
And1: 334
Joined: Feb 14, 2021

Re: CP3 news and highlights 

Post#47 » by TouchPassDario » Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:34 am

Well deserved AS nod for our best player this year.
suns12345
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,470
And1: 857
Joined: Jul 28, 2008
 

Re: CP3 news and highlights 

Post#48 » by suns12345 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:57 am

TouchPassDario wrote:Well deserved AS nod for our best player this year.


Probably fair, but I do find the slow start comments about Booker funny, cause CP3 was fairly average to start the year too and many here were complaining about him.
TouchPassDario
Pro Prospect
Posts: 821
And1: 334
Joined: Feb 14, 2021

Re: CP3 news and highlights 

Post#49 » by TouchPassDario » Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:06 am

suns12345 wrote:
TouchPassDario wrote:Well deserved AS nod for our best player this year.


Probably fair, but I do find the slow start comments about Booker funny, cause CP3 was fairly average to start the year too and many here were complaining about him.


His shooting was slow to start. He ramped it way up.

His playmaking and defense have been consistently elite.
Saberestar
RealGM
Posts: 14,147
And1: 9,597
Joined: May 21, 2010

Re: CP3 news and highlights 

Post#50 » by Saberestar » Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:24 am

suns12345 wrote:All the chat about Booker, and nothing here.

Lets not forget we traded for an all star last summer. Pretty gutsy move that is paying off so far.

Congrats to CP3

Absolutely.

The guy is a fighter and a winner. 11×All Star and counting...

We need to remember that he is 6'0, he is having an outstanding career for a player of his size.

After years and years of raw and low basketball IQ players filling our rosters is a PLEASURE to watch a player like him on our side.
Fo-Real
Head Coach
Posts: 7,382
And1: 3,593
Joined: Mar 21, 2009
     

Re: CP3 news and highlights 

Post#51 » by Fo-Real » Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:33 pm

I loved Rickey Rubio, but could not argue when we got POINT GOD!!! The dude is just a difference maker!!!
JohnWall2
Junior
Posts: 476
And1: 249
Joined: Mar 18, 2015
 

Re: CP3 news and highlights 

Post#52 » by JohnWall2 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:58 pm

Happy when we got him. Even happier with him now. Long live the point god!

On a side note, people talk about bball IQ and no doubt CP3 and LeBron have pretty much always been considered near the top in their careers and it's no surprise that their games are aging better than anyone elses who entered the league anywhere near the time they did.

Nash, Kidd, Duncan, Stockton.......lots of guys who aged well, they all had that in common. Hopefully CP3 has some quality years ahead.
User avatar
Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
Posts: 16,555
And1: 9,296
Joined: Jul 10, 2009
Contact:
     

Re: CP3 news and highlights 

Post#53 » by Qwigglez » Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:52 pm

Seriously that video I posted up above just shows what a leader on the court does. If it wasn't for strict protocol and having limited number of fans in arenas I don't think we'd recognize just how much talking CP3 does along with the rest of our players. Such a difference when you look back at earlier years when we'd get crushed 20-4 in the opening minutes of a game. A vast difference that can easily be attributed to having CP3, and hopefully will have a lasting effect on Booker, Ayton, and Bridges. Communication is key, it's one thing I thoroughly enjoyed about the 2009-2010 Phoenix Suns team.
User avatar
SUN
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,724
And1: 769
Joined: Feb 21, 2010

Re: CP3 news and highlights 

Post#54 » by SUN » Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:05 am

^^ That's a great point. Nash absolutely spoiled me, Rubio should've been sufficient enough in terms of point guard watchability but CP3 takes me back to 2010. Having the smartest player in the league bring the ball up the court does wonders for maintaing leads. Plus, I'm a sucker for the elbow jumper.
Image
User avatar
RedIndian
Senior
Posts: 608
And1: 755
Joined: May 23, 2010

Re: CP3 news and highlights 

Post#55 » by RedIndian » Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:25 am

Qwigglez wrote:Seriously that video I posted up above just shows what a leader on the court does. If it wasn't for strict protocol and having limited number of fans in arenas I don't think we'd recognize just how much talking CP3 does along with the rest of our players. Such a difference when you look back at earlier years when we'd get crushed 20-4 in the opening minutes of a game. A vast difference that can easily be attributed to having CP3, and hopefully will have a lasting effect on Booker, Ayton, and Bridges. Communication is key, it's one thing I thoroughly enjoyed about the 2009-2010 Phoenix Suns team.

CP is a basketball savant. His understanding of the pick and roll on both offense and defense is better than anyone else's in the league. Might be perhaps the greatest ball screen player ever. He could be a great coach if he wanted to.

I love Rubio, and thought he was an excellent defender, but CP's defensive IQ is on another level altogether. Crowder too is a fabulous team defender. Just always at the right place at the right time.
Saberestar
RealGM
Posts: 14,147
And1: 9,597
Joined: May 21, 2010

Re: CP3 news and highlights 

Post#56 » by Saberestar » Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:06 pm

Read on Twitter
JohnWall2
Junior
Posts: 476
And1: 249
Joined: Mar 18, 2015
 

Re: CP3 news and highlights 

Post#57 » by JohnWall2 » Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:51 pm

Saberestar wrote:
Read on Twitter
Point god indeed long may he reign
Saberestar
RealGM
Posts: 14,147
And1: 9,597
Joined: May 21, 2010

Re: CP3 news and highlights 

Post#58 » by Saberestar » Wed Mar 3, 2021 9:01 am

Read on Twitter
User avatar
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 71,965
And1: 41,404
Joined: Feb 06, 2009
Location: Austin
Contact:
   

Re: CP3 news and highlights 

Post#59 » by bwgood77 » Wed Mar 3, 2021 4:10 pm

Saberestar wrote:
Read on Twitter


And of course the Thunder lost Westbrook AND George and still made them better. Of course they also added Gallo and SGA but George was a top 10 player and Westbrook was putting up solid #s still. Most though OKC would be bad last year.

They are better than expected this year too...taking the LAL to OT twice when they had Kuzma and Gasol.
TouchPassDario
Pro Prospect
Posts: 821
And1: 334
Joined: Feb 14, 2021

Re: CP3 news and highlights 

Post#60 » by TouchPassDario » Wed Mar 3, 2021 4:49 pm

Interesting, too, how he doesn’t just raise the floor. He took Hou from great to elite.

Return to Phoenix Suns