ImageImageImage

Suns sign Creighton guard Ty-Shon Alexander

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22, Kerrsed

Golanator
Rookie
And1: 888

Suns sign Creighton guard Ty-Shon Alexander 

Post#1 » by Golanator » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:07 pm

Pretty good pickup for an undrafted guy. 17/5/2 last season on 43/40/86 from the field. 6’4” guard with a 6’8” wingspan.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 8,655

Re: Suns sign Creighton guard Ty-Shon Alexander 

Post#2 » by Saberestar » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:10 pm

He is 6'2, that's one of the reasons he went undrafted.
RedIndian
Junior
And1: 554

Post#3 » by RedIndian » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:15 pm

Oh, I like this! Mentioned him in the draft thread as well as the guy to get from the undrafted list.

6'4 with a 6'8 wingspan. Both a ball-hawk and a disruptive team defender. He also has a very nice high release and shot 39% from the 3 on very high volume. I'm actually very surprised he didn't get drafted. I'd have had him in the early second round or even perhaps as a late 1st rounder.
RedIndian
Junior

Post#4 » by RedIndian » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:16 pm

Definitely an NBA player in this kid:

bhawk
Senior
And1: 591

Post#5 » by bhawk » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:21 pm

They can't all be good. I liked Riller a lot better.

https://www.thestepien.com/2020/06/30/potential-draft-values-2nd-round-udfa/

"Overall, it’s pretty easy to see how Ty-Shon Alexander can have an impact at the next level even with his limitations. There are fair concerns with his game, but he’s definitely worth taking a look at and could be a solid 3-D guard in the NBA."
Saberestar
RealGM

Post#6 » by Saberestar » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:30 pm

2020 Daft Combine Measurements
Ty-Shon Alexander

Height w/o shoes 6,2"
201 lbs
Wingspan 6,8"
Standing Reach 8,4"
Body Fat 12.30%

https://www.nba.com/stats/draft/combine-anthro/?sort=WINGSPAN&dir=1
Golanator
Rookie
And1: 888

Post#7 » by Golanator » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:59 pm

Go follow him

Read on Twitter
Ghost of Kleine
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,318

Post#8 » by Ghost of Kleine » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:59 pm

Saberestar wrote:2020 Daft Combine Measurements
Ty-Shon Alexander

Height w/o shoes 6,2"
201 lbs
Wingspan 6,8"
Standing Reach 8,4"
Body Fat 12.30%

Thing is though, How many nba players or even professional athletes ( whatever) do you or anyone else know that plays barefoot or without shoes. I never really understood the logic of this whole barefoot measurements thing. Unless they have concerns over players potentially playing with lifts in their shoes or something! :lol: Just go by his measurements in shoes already and call it done. Bottomline is that he's got good size for a combo guard, is a really solid point of attack defender, and is a really good shooter too. He's got a great foundation to build upon! And with him being mentored by someone as great as Paul himself, Offers much to be excited about honestly! :D
RedIndian
Junior

Post#10 » by RedIndian » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:07 pm

Fwiw, I think he's a better NBA prospect than both Jerome and Lecque. I made the comparison to a better shooting Melton. If he's a hard worker, then he might end up being a really nice surprise.
Saberestar
RealGM

Post#11 » by Saberestar » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:08 pm

Ghost of Kleine wrote:
Ty-Shon Alexander

Height w/o shoes 6,2"
201 lbs
Wingspan 6,8"
Standing Reach 8,4"
Body Fat 12.30%

Thing is though, How many nba players or even professional athletes ( whatever) do you or anyone else know that plays barefoot or without shoes. I never really understood the logic of this whole barefoot measurements thing. Unless they have concerns over players potentially playing with lifts in their shoes or something! :lol: Just go by his measurements in shoes already and call it done. Bottomline is that he's got good size for a combo guard, is a really solid point of attack defender, and is a really good shooter too. He's got a great foundation to build upon! And with him being mentored by someone as great as Paul himself, Offers much to be excited about honestly! :D

Since last season w/s height is the official height for players in the league.

Those artificial heights (2 full inches more for his shoes :lol: ) are dying in the league.
phx#7
Lead Assistant
And1: 773

Post#12 » by phx#7 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:10 pm

Ghost of Kleine wrote:
Ty-Shon Alexander

Height w/o shoes 6,2"
201 lbs
Wingspan 6,8"
Standing Reach 8,4"
Body Fat 12.30%

Even if there is a concern about his height being inflated with shoes(2in is definitely on the high side for height difference in shoes vs w/o) it really only matters if his wingspan is short. If he were 6'4 in shoes with a 6'1 wingspan, yeah it would probably limit his ability to defend bigger guards, but with a 6'8 wingspan he'll easily be able to play as a 6'4 combo guard.
jcsunsfan
Head Coach
And1: 4,430

Post#13 » by jcsunsfan » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:19 pm

Ghost of Kleine wrote:
Ty-Shon Alexander

Height w/o shoes 6,2"
201 lbs
Wingspan 6,8"
Standing Reach 8,4"
Body Fat 12.30%

I think the barefoot allows for clear comparisons between players.
Saberestar
RealGM

Post#14 » by Saberestar » Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:03 pm

Saberestar
RealGM

Post#15 » by Saberestar » Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:06 pm

jcsunsfan wrote:
Ghost of Kleine wrote:
Ty-Shon Alexander

Height w/o shoes 6,2"
201 lbs
Wingspan 6,8"
Standing Reach 8,4"
Body Fat 12.30%

Yeah and It is easy to cheat about your actual height if they allow you to put shoes when measuring you and a lot of players try to do it in measurements. It is ok to round up, but 2 inches more is a joke.

If we are gonna comment about players abilities, size, skills, etc I woul prefer to talk about true data.
Ghost of Kleine
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,318

Post#16 » by Ghost of Kleine » Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:20 pm

Saberestar wrote:
jcsunsfan wrote:
Ghost of Kleine wrote:Thing is though, How many nba players or even professional athletes ( whatever) do you or anyone else know that plays barefoot or without shoes. I never really understood the logic of this whole barefoot measurements thing. Unless they have concerns over players potentially playing with lifts in their shoes or something! :lol: Just go by his measurements in shoes already and call it done. Bottomline is that he's got good size for a combo guard, is a really solid point of attack defender, and is a really good shooter too. He's got a great foundation to build upon! And with him being mentored by someone as great as Paul himself, Offers much to be excited about honestly! :D

Yeah and It is easy to cheat about your actual height if they allow you to put shoes when measuring you and a lot of players try to do it in measurements. It is ok to round up, but 2 inches more is a joke.

If we are gonna comment about players abilities, size, skills, etc I woul prefer to talk about true data.

You know, it's really not like they couldn't just check the shoes for lifts or thicker soles if it was indeed such a paramount factor to a player's individual success, That it'd influence prospects to falsely their information. As it stands, other than perception, I really don't see that portion of the measurements as a legitimate necessity in the process. But of course, discussion about true data is important, Do feel free to start things off if you like...................... :D
MathiasPW
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#17 » by MathiasPW » Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:25 pm

phx#7 wrote:
Ghost of Kleine wrote:
Ty-Shon Alexander

Height w/o shoes 6,2"
201 lbs
Wingspan 6,8"
Standing Reach 8,4"
Body Fat 12.30%

Thing is though, How many nba players or even professional athletes ( whatever) do you or anyone else know that plays barefoot or without shoes. I never really understood the logic of this whole barefoot measurements thing. Unless they have concerns over players potentially playing with lifts in their shoes or something! Just go by his measurements in shoes already and call it done. Bottomline is that he's got good size for a combo guard, is a really solid point of attack defender, and is a really good shooter too. He's got a great foundation to build upon! And with him being mentored by someone as great as Paul himself, Offers much to be excited about honestly! :D

Even if there is a concern about his height being inflated with shoes(2in is definitely on the high side for height difference in shoes vs w/o) it really only matters if his wingspan is short. If he were 6'4 in shoes with a 6'1 wingspan, yeah it would probably limit his ability to defend bigger guards, but with a 6'8 wingspan he'll easily be able to play as a 6'4 combo guard.
But does he have 6'8" wingspan without gloves, though?
cberry78
Senior
And1: 712

Post#18 » by cberry78 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:27 pm

MathiasPW wrote:
phx#7 wrote:
Ghost of Kleine wrote:Thing is though, How many nba players or even professional athletes ( whatever) do you or anyone else know that plays barefoot or without shoes. I never really understood the logic of this whole barefoot measurements thing. Unless they have concerns over players potentially playing with lifts in their shoes or something! Just go by his measurements in shoes already and call it done. Bottomline is that he's got good size for a combo guard, is a really solid point of attack defender, and is a really good shooter too. He's got a great foundation to build upon! And with him being mentored by someone as great as Paul himself, Offers much to be excited about honestly! :D

But does he have 6'8" wingspan without gloves, though?

I'm pretty sure that wingspan is with lifts. :wink:
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 38,701

Post#19 » by bwgood77 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:29 pm

phx#7 wrote:
Ghost of Kleine wrote:
Ty-Shon Alexander

Height w/o shoes 6,2"
201 lbs
Wingspan 6,8"
Standing Reach 8,4"
Body Fat 12.30%

In that video above, he looked like a great defender.
jcsunsfan
Head Coach
And1: 4,430

Post#20 » by jcsunsfan » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:04 pm

He is Marcus Smart size.

Return to Phoenix Suns