ImageImageImage

2021 Fantasy B-Ball

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,657

Re: 2020 Fantasy Basketball Thread (Dynasty/Premier/G-League) 

Post#261 » by WeekapaugGroove » Fri Feb 5, 2021 12:30 am

Kerrsed wrote:
Golanator wrote:There has been a trade in Premier

To Kerrsed: Jae Crowder
To me: Ivica Zubac

Reason: I am dead last in FG% and blocks, while I lead in 3 PTM, points, rebounds, assists and steals. Hope Zubac can continue his strong play

Im telling you (Excluding his game against Brooklyn) he has been sneaky good.

As for me, this trade wasnt really necessary and i may regret it later, but due to injuries to LeVert/Gallinari and others i have fallen quite a bit behind on 3's and steals, so hopefully Crowder will regain his position as our starting PF and bring my team back to prominence.
Funny I literally dropped Zubac to pick up Crowder on waivers earlier this year in the dynasty league.

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,074

Post#262 » by bwgood77 » Fri Feb 5, 2021 4:34 am

Damnit
Qwigglez wrote:.
I just went to pick up Desmond Bane and you beat me to it....barely.
sunskerr
General Manager
And1: 5,297

Post#263 » by sunskerr » Fri Feb 5, 2021 7:12 am

Glad to see myself vindicated on Desmond Bane. If you were annoyed by me offering him in trade requests or thought he didn't have potential and long term value in this league you just didn't do your homework.

The and1 button is in the upper right corner of this post.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#264 » by bwgood77 » Fri Feb 5, 2021 8:08 pm

sunskerr wrote:Glad to see myself vindicated on Desmond Bane. If you were annoyed by me offering him in trade requests or thought he didn't have potential and long term value in this league you just didn't do your homework.

So why did you drop him? Did I turn down a trade request?

I loved Desmond Bane in the draft and would have been fine taking him as high as our pick.

It's just tough to trade for rookies unless they are proven but it's nice to find decent ones on waivers.
MrMiyagi
Suns Forum Eternal Optimist
And1: 7,102

Post#265 » by MrMiyagi » Fri Feb 5, 2021 11:23 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
sunskerr wrote:Glad to see myself vindicated on Desmond Bane. If you were annoyed by me offering him in trade requests or thought he didn't have potential and long term value in this league you just didn't do your homework.

I loved Desmond Bane in the draft and would have been fine taking him as high as our pick.

It's just tough to trade for rookies unless they are proven but it's nice to find decent ones on waivers.

Am I missing something? He seems okay. He had a few nice games recently. Still not sure he's a worthy keeper yet.
Suns traded Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder and 4 1st round picks and a swap so some Vegas Bookies would like us.
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. - Isaac Asimov
Let us sing when we can, and forget the rest. - H.P. Lovecraft
sunskerr
General Manager

Post#266 » by sunskerr » Fri Feb 5, 2021 11:38 pm

bwgood77 wrote:

I am literally the team to beat (so far) this year so at some level I can't afford to wait on rookies when I already have a rookie who has a projected higher skill set (long term). Also since his value was low so I realized I could leave him in the free agent pool because nobody was scouting him. But prior to that, I had him rostered twice previously because I was taking advantage of having IR players which opened up a spot for me to roster him and deny anyone access to Bane over a period of like, two weeks, which is pretty lengthy a time for him to show something.

If you are simply waiting for obviously talented rookie players to "get hot" on the FA waiver and become "decent" (to use your own words) like you wait for regular veteran players to get hot, then you are going to run the risk of a rebuilding team swooping in and keeping that player for next year.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#267 » by bwgood77 » Sat Feb 6, 2021 12:40 am

sunskerr wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

I am literally the team to beat (so far) this year so at some level I can't afford to wait on rookies when I already have a rookie who has a projected higher skill set (long term). Also since his value was low so I realized I could leave him in the free agent pool because nobody was scouting him. But prior to that, I had him rostered twice previously because I was taking advantage of having IR players which opened up a spot for me to roster him and deny anyone access to Bane over a period of like, two weeks, which is pretty lengthy a time for him to show something.

If you are simply waiting for obviously talented rookie players to "get hot" on the FA waiver and become "decent" (to use your own words) like you wait for regular veteran players to get hot, then you are going to run the risk of a rebuilding team swooping in and keeping that player for next year.

The only reason I would have had the room to pick him up is because I have 3 players on IR.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#268 » by bwgood77 » Sat Feb 6, 2021 12:41 am

MrMiyagi wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

Am I missing something? He seems okay. He had a few nice games recently. Still not sure he's a worthy keeper yet.

I'm not sure he's a keeper. Probably around the value of say, a Kevin Huerter.
MrMiyagi
Suns Forum Eternal Optimist
And1: 7,102

Post#269 » by MrMiyagi » Sat Feb 6, 2021 3:31 am

bwgood77 wrote:
MrMiyagi wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

I mean, Huerter is at least flirting with top 100-value while being the same age, whereas Bane is 200th, but okay, shots fired.
Suns traded Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder and 4 1st round picks and a swap so some Vegas Bookies would like us.
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. - Isaac Asimov
Let us sing when we can, and forget the rest. - H.P. Lovecraft
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#270 » by bwgood77 » Sat Feb 6, 2021 4:20 am

MrMiyagi wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
MrMiyagi wrote:Am I missing something? He seems okay. He had a few nice games recently. Still not sure he's a worthy keeper yet.

I mean, Huerter is at least flirting with top 100-value while being the same age, whereas Bane is 200th, but okay, shots fired.

It was a joke, but I do think they may end up having similar value, though they are both on very deep teams. Bane hasn't had an opportunity to establish value though.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM

Re: 2021 Fantasy Basketball Thread (Dynasty/Premier/G-League) 

Post#271 » by WeekapaugGroove » Sun Feb 7, 2021 10:16 pm

Read on Twitter

Man that sucks. He was having a break out year. I'm still in 1st but I've had my fair share of injuries in dynasty. I really like my team this year but it's going to be tough to hold off sunskerr team.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#272 » by bwgood77 » Sun Feb 7, 2021 11:24 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:
Read on Twitter

Man that sucks. He was having a break out year. I'm still in 1st but I've had my fair share of injuries in dynasty. I really like my team this year but it's going to be tough to hold off sunskerr team.

And possibly bigfoot after he cleaned up on that trade...though lucky for you KD is out a few games. Both him and Hayward really balling though...and Curry REALLY balling.
bigfoot
Suns Forum Anti-Tank Commander
And1: 6,150

Post#273 » by bigfoot » Mon Feb 8, 2021 12:06 am

bwgood77 wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:
Read on Twitter

And possibly bigfoot after he cleaned up on that trade...though lucky for you KD is out a few games. Both him and Hayward really balling though...and Curry REALLY balling.

LaMelo has been balling too. Covington has had a horrible start to the season ... he's finally coming around.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#274 » by bwgood77 » Mon Feb 8, 2021 12:18 am

bigfoot wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:
Read on Twitter

LaMelo has been balling too. Covington has had a horrible start to the season ... he's finally coming around.

I've had Covington a few times. He's a better real life player than fantasy one.
sunskerr
General Manager

Post#275 » by sunskerr » Mon Feb 8, 2021 5:58 am

Yeah I am worried about Bigfoots team sorry Weekapaug :lol: KD+Steph on the same fantasy team is just insane + a free Gordon Hayward. I have no problems focusing on building for next year instead if he's going to overtake me. I'm happy my team is performing so well with all these other teams having guys going off INSANE numbers while I just chug along somehow with Kyrie and a bunch of daycare aged players :lol:

I still have quite a bit less games played than the other competitors though so it's nice to have that up my sleeve. I think I will win if everything goes smoothly but anything can happen especially this year.
bigfoot
Suns Forum Anti-Tank Commander
And1: 6,150

Post#276 » by bigfoot » Mon Feb 8, 2021 4:00 pm

sunskerr wrote:Yeah I am worried about Bigfoots team sorry Weekapaug :lol: KD+Steph on the same fantasy team is just insane + a free Gordon Hayward. I have no problems focusing on building for next year instead if he's going to overtake me. I'm happy my team is performing so well with all these other teams having guys going off INSANE numbers while I just chug along somehow with Kyrie and a bunch of daycare aged players :lol:

I still have quite a bit less games played than the other competitors though so it's nice to have that up my sleeve. I think I will win if everything goes smoothly but anything can happen especially this year.

Yeah, the fewer games played is a big bonus for your team. Fortunately, there is still a lot of the season to go. I just need guys to stay healthy and out of COVID protocol. Have lost MPJ and Herro for a very extended time because of it and now Durant.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM

Post#277 » by WeekapaugGroove » Mon Feb 8, 2021 4:52 pm

bigfoot wrote:
sunskerr wrote:Yeah I am worried about Bigfoots team sorry Weekapaug KD+Steph on the same fantasy team is just insane + a free Gordon Hayward. I have no problems focusing on building for next year instead if he's going to overtake me. I'm happy my team is performing so well with all these other teams having guys going off INSANE numbers while I just chug along somehow with Kyrie and a bunch of daycare aged players

Yeah, the fewer games played is a big bonus for your team. Fortunately, there is still a lot of the season to go. I just need guys to stay healthy and out of COVID protocol. Have lost MPJ and Herro for a very extended time because of it and now Durant.
My typical strategy is to stay about average or lag a little behind in games then make a targeted push around a few CATs the final month or so of the season.

I went completely the opposite way this year because I was spooked that guys or whole teams miss time with covid or nagging injuries in this year's compacted schedule. I've been basically playing all my healthy guys 1-12. It definitely leaves me open to being caught later on but with how my guys have been dropping like flies I'm just going to keep swinging and hope it works out. Part of the strategy came to play because unlike last season my waiver wire adds have actually been good, guys like Monte Morris, Quickley, Hunter, and Naz Reid have been good enough it's hard to keep them out of the lineup.

dmastro32
Rookie
And1: 502

Post#278 » by dmastro32 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:26 am

Looking to move sexton, Allen or Lauri for a sf or pf in
Dynasty league
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#279 » by bwgood77 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:02 am

dmastro32 wrote:Looking to move sexton, Allen or Lauri for a sf or pf in
Dynasty league

Interested in Cam Reddish or Otto Porter? Both have eligibility at both positions.
sunskerr
General Manager

Post#280 » by sunskerr » Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:22 am

dmastro32 wrote:Looking to move sexton, Allen or Lauri for a sf or pf in
Dynasty league

If I wasn't competing I'd love to make a deal for some of those guys with the intent to compete next year. Any interest in any of tastic's 2nd rounder/mitchell robinson/avdija/divincenzo/kyle anderson for Jarrett Allen though?

pm if so

Return to Phoenix Suns