ImageImageImage

2021 Fantasy B-Ball

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

wheezy
Rookie
And1: 556

Re: 2021 Fantasy Basketball Thread (Dynasty/Premier/G-League) 

Post#401 » by wheezy » Mon May 10, 2021 4:19 pm

sunskerr wrote:Yeah Bamba is a guy I wish I picked up. Would have fit my team's timeline pretty well and solved my rebounding issue going forward.

My offseason is going to be super interesting, as I am stacked at guard (Kyrie, Trae, Fox, KPJ) but have a good shot blocking center in Mitch Robinson, so the hole in the roster is obviously rebounding. Maybe I should have been more aggressive in acquiring a rebounding keeper but there never really was one on the market.

One things for sure: even if I can hold on this year, next year punting rebounds might not be viable as teams become more healthy. Interesting choices to make like Khem Birch vs Boucher as a keeper, and what to do with KPJ, Ingram, and Brown (all basically guard stat guys). Those 3 guys will probably be hitting the trade block in the offseason when we start picking up activity around draft time. They won't be cheap though lol.

Boucher is such an enigma. Dude can't seem to be able to stay on the court for health reasons or the coach just not wanting to play him much. Haven't really looked into his adv stats, but the guy is a fantasy monster when he's playing a lot of minutes. I have him in the G league and would have taken him in dynasty but you beat me to it.
bigfoot
Suns Forum Anti-Tank Commander
And1: 6,167

Post#402 » by bigfoot » Sat May 15, 2021 3:44 am

2-days left and so many players being rested !!!
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,477

Post#403 » by bwgood77 » Sat May 15, 2021 4:03 am

bigfoot wrote:2-days left and so many players being rested !!!

Looks like you are maxed out anyway. This is coming down to the wire. 1.5 game lead but sunskerr still has like 7 games to play. This will be close.
sunskerr
General Manager
And1: 5,380

Post#404 » by sunskerr » Sat May 15, 2021 9:47 am

May the best team win.

I really really tried hard to keep my lineup filled with players so hopefully it pays off. If not, I still have one of the youngest teams in the league still with two 2nd round draft picks heading into next year.

Guys being rested is nothing compared to what I've faced. In addition to the regular D2D, GTD, or rests, there have been so many injuries to my squad that fielding a team has been really difficult down the stretch, missing over half my keepers (FIVE!!!) for like the last month. Ingram, Brown, KPJ, Fox, Robinson all died and even Trae was out for a few weeks. I think the injury to KPJ was just an extra kick in the balls because I honestly didn't really mind too much when Trae and Fox went down because I knew I still had him, but then so it goes...

I believe I have 11 games remaining. We'll see if I even get all of them played. It'll come down to other guys shaving a few points off bigfoot with their remaining games.
Desertfox
Pro Prospect
And1: 819

Post#405 » by Desertfox » Sun May 16, 2021 6:03 pm

Did everyone suddenly start tanking? I had like a 10 point swing in Dynasty jumping from 12 to 7. In Premier I may have barely avoided relegation, despite screwing up big time and dropping Jrue Holiday instead of Justin Holiday...
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#406 » by bwgood77 » Sun May 16, 2021 8:01 pm

Desertfox wrote:Did everyone suddenly start tanking? I had like a 10 point swing in Dynasty jumping from 12 to 7. In Premier I may have barely avoided relegation, despite screwing up big time and dropping Jrue Holiday instead of Justin Holiday...

Yeah, I was around 9 in dynasty a couple weeks ago, then jumped to 6th, then I think 4th. Kind of ridiculous...obviously people are tanking....sitting guys who could contribute. I'm sure not many teams had played all their games given the injuries and COVID stuff, but could still swap out their non keepers.

Then we have the super lopsided trade of KD and Hayward for Zion and Huerter, basically granting someone the championship.
Desertfox
Pro Prospect
And1: 819

Post#407 » by Desertfox » Sun May 16, 2021 8:15 pm

I'd say any blatant tanking should drop people down a tier for the draft.
wheezy
Rookie

Post#408 » by wheezy » Sun May 16, 2021 10:36 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
Desertfox wrote:Did everyone suddenly start tanking? I had like a 10 point swing in Dynasty jumping from 12 to 7. In Premier I may have barely avoided relegation, despite screwing up big time and dropping Jrue Holiday instead of Justin Holiday...

Yeah, I was around 9 in dynasty a couple weeks ago, then jumped to 6th, then I think 4th. Kind of ridiculous...obviously people are tanking....sitting guys who could contribute. I'm sure not many teams had played all their games given the injuries and COVID stuff, but could still swap out their non keepers.

Then we have the super lopsided trade of KD and Hayward for Zion and Huerter, basically granting someone the championship.

I've been playing anyone available, but I also haven't quite decided who to keep for my last 2 spots.
wheezy
Rookie

Post#409 » by wheezy » Sun May 16, 2021 10:39 pm

The G league has been pretty wild the last 2 weeks. I was 10th almost all season and now that the GP are leveling out the top 4 or 5 has all been within 5 points of each other and changing every day.
bigfoot

Post#410 » by bigfoot » Sun May 16, 2021 11:58 pm

bwgood77 wrote:

Sour grapes ... I wasn't gifted a championship and worked hard to go from last place to a second place finish.

You do realize I got Durant for only 28 out of 62 possible games and Hayward for 34 out of 62 games. Both were out a lot of the season. Miyagi got twice as many games from Zion and Huerter.

In addition, MPJ was out 10+ games for COVID protocol. LaMelo Ball for 49 of 72 games because of injury. Mike Conley only 48 out of 72 because of injury and COVID. Herro for 48 out of 72 because of injury and COVID protocol twice. Keldon Johnson for 54 out of 72 because of COVID and injury.

Thad Young and Kelly Olynk were ironmen for me this season and I picked them both up 10-20 games into the season. I would have likely won if I didn't have to play Melton, Neto, Grayson Allen, and a bunch of other scrubs for a total of 67 games.
bigfoot

Post#411 » by bigfoot » Sun May 16, 2021 11:59 pm

wheezy wrote:The G league has been pretty wild the last 2 weeks. I was 10th almost all season and now that the GP are leveling out the top 4 or 5 has all been within 5 points of each other and changing every day.

Hoping I can stick in the top 3. It has been crazy.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#412 » by bwgood77 » Mon May 17, 2021 12:02 am

wheezy wrote:The G league has been pretty wild the last 2 weeks. I was 10th almost all season and now that the GP are leveling out the top 4 or 5 has all been within 5 points of each other and changing every day.

So you don't have a definitive top 3 yet on the last day?

In premier looked like Kerrsed was going to be bottom 3 for awhile and then I checked a few days ago and he was 4th to last...thought he might escape but now he just dropped to bottom 3, like 1 pt behind 4th to last.

Mathias by far in last. Haven't seen him for awhile. But he may no longer be following the Suns now that we are good because it just doesn't feel right and is transitioning to a Celtics fan since they have been disappointing and he lives in Boston.
wheezy
Rookie

Post#413 » by wheezy » Mon May 17, 2021 12:17 am

bwgood77 wrote:

So you don't have a definitive top 3 yet on the last day?

In premier looked like Kerrsed was going to be bottom 3 for awhile and then I checked a few days ago and he was 4th to last...thought he might escape but now he just dropped to bottom 3, like 1 pt behind 4th to last.

Mathias by far in last. Haven't seen him for awhile. But he may no longer be following the Suns now that we are good because it just doesn't feel right and is transitioning to a Celtics fan since they have been disappointing and he lives in Boston.

I think I could have squeezed into first if Bam had played. But looks like I'll be #2 on the season. Took some risks drafting that paid off.
wheezy
Rookie

Post#414 » by wheezy » Mon May 17, 2021 12:20 am

bigfoot wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

Sour grapes ... I wasn't gifted a championship and worked hard to go from last place to a second place finish.

You do realize I got Durant for only 28 out of 62 possible games and Hayward for 34 out of 62 games. Both were out a lot of the season. Miyagi got twice as many games from Zion and Huerter.

In addition, MPJ was out 10+ games for COVID protocol. LaMelo Ball for 49 of 72 games because of injury. Mike Conley only 48 out of 72 because of injury and COVID. Herro for 48 out of 72 because of injury and COVID protocol twice. Keldon Johnson for 54 out of 72 because of COVID and injury.

Thad Young and Kelly Olynk were ironmen for me this season and I picked them both up 10-20 games into the season. I would have likely won if I didn't have to play Melton, Neto, Grayson Allen, and a bunch of other scrubs for a total of 67 games.

Honestly I was against the trade, but most importantly at the end of the season I still had fun doing this... so no big deal. There's going to be turnover going into next season and hopefully Kerrsed starts setting his lineups again.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#415 » by bwgood77 » Mon May 17, 2021 12:39 am

bigfoot wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

Not really sour grapes as I didn't have a chance, and I gave my opinion then. You got the 4th ranked and 55th ranked players for the 54th and 120th.

And your games out of KD and Hayward (and saying it's out of 72) is unreasonable because you still can replace them with decent players when out and of course you made the trade 2-3 weeks into the season so you probably got a decent amount for the other 2.

Probably better for you in the next few years though since both KD and Hayward were coming off injuries and Zion is always likely to be very injury prone...you also got 8 or 9 games out of him prior to the trade and he was out for like 10 games after it. Huerter missed over 10 games too but mostly is on a pretty stacked team of wings..but even his averages rank 120th.

We all for some reason had a ton of injuries though. No way should I be finishing 4th or however I am with all the injuries I had. Seems like I only had about 3 guys who were healthy mostly the whole season..of course 1 is Jokic though.

It's fine though....the few teams at the top are all stacked...but I don't imagine if Curry and KD are healthy a whole season, and especially if all 3 of them and Hayward are, you will have much problem...especially with MPJ...of course Curry and MPJ were guys who inherited or drafted/picked up.

And of course LaMelo was a great draft pick made possible with Curry missing all of last year.
wheezy
Rookie

Post#416 » by wheezy » Mon May 17, 2021 2:26 am

bigfoot wrote:

Hoping I can stick in the top 3. It has been crazy.

Currently a 3 way tie for 1st and you're 1 point back.
Calvin Klein
RealGM
And1: 7,684

Post#417 » by Calvin Klein » Mon May 17, 2021 3:15 am

G League crazy finish.
wheezy
Rookie

Post#418 » by wheezy » Mon May 17, 2021 3:43 am

Calvin Klein wrote:G League crazy finish.

Ha two teams tied for 1 and two teams tied for the next spot. Fun end to the season.

1. Stix - 77 pts
1. Me - 77 pts
3. Bigfoot - 76 pts
3. Wordsenuff - 76 pts
Golanator
Sixth Man
And1: 1,376

Post#419 » by Golanator » Mon May 17, 2021 6:10 am

I maxed out my games for both leagues.

Finished 4th in Premier and tied for 3rd in Dynasty, despite a pretty obvious rebuild situation about halfway through the year.

For dynasty, looking to move Russell Westbrook or John Wall. Westbrook will cost significantly more, but he finished as a top 25 guy this year so still an elite fantasy guy.
sunskerr
General Manager
And1: 5,380

Post#420 » by sunskerr » Mon May 17, 2021 9:02 am

This is my first win in like 10 years here in our fantasy leagues. Pretty happy with how the season went. My pace at the start of the year was absolutely absurd but that saved me in the end as I finished the year missing 5 keeper players with injuries. To win in just my 2nd year with a team full of young players lead by a guy nobody thought could be the centerpiece of a fantasy team (Kyrie) is great too. I didn't have any insane players on my team that every fantasy player dreams of having.

I suppose I can finally reveal my strategy this year too: The first part was obvious in that I already had a team built around point guards (point guards tend to correlate in FT%, pts, ast, and stl), anchored by only 1 (kind of elite) shot blocker in Mitchell Robinson.

Since I knew my core was decent, I didn't concern myself so much with categories and being well rounded so much as I did with simply getting good players who were starter-worthy. If I had an overlap in stats, I knew this wouldn't mean too much as I figured players would be missing a lot of games with covid, and (in hindsight) the non-covid injuries that happened this year also sort of ended up helping the case for this strategy.

It got close at the end but I was still somewhat confident as I saw the standings for the individual categories that I would edge this one out. There were a lot of good teams this year and quite frankly next year to beat some of these teams again I will have to get better. I think there are a few teams that are clearly better than mine on paper.

My personal team's MVP this year is of course, Kyrie Irving

He is my favorite player in the game and it was great to win with him as my best player.

Golanator wrote:I maxed out my games for both leagues.

Finished 4th in Premier and tied for 3rd in Dynasty, despite a pretty obvious rebuild situation about halfway through the year.

For dynasty, looking to move Russell Westbrook or John Wall. Westbrook will cost significantly more, but he finished as a top 25 guy this year so still an elite fantasy guy.

I thought I would easily finish first in assists with my lineup of Trae/Kyrie/Fox but Westbrook was amazing and single handedly won you that category.

Anyone want to talk about their picks for awards like MVP/best fantasy player, steal of the draft, ROTY, etc?

For dynasty:
MVP: Nikola Jokic (72 games, 26,11,8 and 56% FG%)
ROTY: LaMelo Ball (16/6/6)
Steal of the draft: Chris Boucher (13/7, 1.5 3s, 2 bpg, 60 games, 39th pick overall)
Waiver pickup of the year: Kelly Olynyk (13/7/3 with 2 3s, 1 spg, torrid pace on the Rockets)
Most disappointing: Anthony Davis
Breakout player/breakout star: no idea

Return to Phoenix Suns