ImageImageImage

Preseason Game 3: Lakers @ Suns, Wednesday, Dec 16, 7:00 PM

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

grumpysaddle
RealGM
And1: 13,923

Re: Preseason Game 3: Lakers @ Suns, Wednesday, Dec 16, 7:00 PM 

Post#201 » by grumpysaddle » Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:30 am

I am pretty excited about Jalen Smith though. He's showing a lot of positive signs that he's going to be a good player after a little burn.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,339

Post#202 » by Revived » Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:31 am

matt131 wrote:Stoudemire and diaw get suspended for heading along the sidelines to the scorers table.

Lebron allowed to run deep ONTO the court to celebrate a play while the game is still going

They were suspended because they left the bench during an altercation was taking place on the court.
grumpysaddle
RealGM
And1: 13,923

Post#203 » by grumpysaddle » Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:32 am

Just saving all the winning for regular season, guys. Yeah... that's it.
SuperSunsFan
Sixth Man
And1: 1,364

Post#204 » by SuperSunsFan » Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:32 am

Jalen is clearly a 4, don't understand why some insisted that he could only play 5 in the nba.
Barkley6
Veteran
And1: 2,406

Post#205 » by Barkley6 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:35 am

Didn't see most of the game, but it looks like Ayton bounced back well. Did he at least look moderately more aggressive?
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,412

Post#206 » by bwgood77 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:36 am

dremill24 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:How long did we sign Motley for? Was it just a training camp deal or something? Is he signed for the whole year as our 15th man? On a 2 way?

I assumed he was just a training camp deal or 2way (do they still have those?), but i never really checked.

Hope so. The guy has been in the league 3 years and played in 46 total games. He played 41 minutes last year in 13 games. His minutes have declined each season, and his rookie season only started with 176 total minutes.

I don't understand signing him. Or really Jones, but at least Jones has played quite a bit and played more each year and gotten better each year, even though he still isn't very good. But definitely don't need both of them, especially with a rookie big. Seems like we could have used a development playmaking 3 or something. Though I'm sure options are slim.
Mulhollanddrive
RealGM
And1: 7,915

Post#207 » by Mulhollanddrive » Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:38 am

Moore -29 in 50 minutes so far.

Think it's really unfair to try turn him into something he's not.

I still like him as part of a pure shooting bench - Payne, Galloway, Moore, Johnson, Saric.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#208 » by bwgood77 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:38 am

Barkley6 wrote:Didn't see most of the game, but it looks like Ayton bounced back well. Did he at least look moderately more aggressive?

Yes, far more aggressive, whether finishing or moving in front of offensive people in the middle of the paint.
bwoolf2
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,306

Post#209 » by bwoolf2 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:42 am

Mulhollanddrive wrote:Moore -29 in 50 minutes so far.

I still like him as part of a pure shooting bench - Payne, Galloway, Moore, Johnson, Saric.

Agreed, it like what the cards did with hassan Reddick his 1st 3 years, played him out of position
SuperSunsFan
Sixth Man
And1: 1,364

Post#210 » by SuperSunsFan » Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:56 am

wish we sign IT and see what he has left, you are talking about a mvp candidate just a few seasons ago
Barkley6
Veteran
And1: 2,406

Post#211 » by Barkley6 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:58 am

bwgood77 wrote:
dremill24 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:How long did we sign Motley for? Was it just a training camp deal or something? Is he signed for the whole year as our 15th man? On a 2 way?

I assumed he was just a training camp deal or 2way (do they still have those?), but i never really checked.

Hope so. The guy has been in the league 3 years and played in 46 total games. He played 41 minutes last year in 13 games. His minutes have declined each season, and his rookie season only started with 176 total minutes.

I don't understand signing him. Or really Jones, but at least Jones has played quite a bit and played more each year and gotten better each year, even though he still isn't very good. But definitely don't need both of them, especially with a rookie big. Seems like we could have used a development playmaking 3 or something. Though I'm sure options are slim.

I think he's just a camp body. Probably because the Suns knew Crowder was joining late, and needed another 4/5 man in the meantime. Doubt he sticks around, unless it's on a two way.
Revived
RealGM

Post#212 » by Revived » Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:24 am

Mulhollanddrive wrote:Moore -29 in 50 minutes so far.

He’s not a PG. I don’t care what the hell they list him at or if he averaged 3 assists or something, I’ve seen him play before and he isn’t the type of player that initiates an offense. Neither is Galloway.

Both are terrific off ball 3pt shooters who can do some passing here and there. They should be used as such.
Revived
RealGM

Post#213 » by Revived » Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:30 am

Read on Twitter

I wonder if Crowder means deer in headlights?
Revived
RealGM

Post#214 » by Revived » Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:42 am

grumpysaddle wrote:I am pretty excited about Jalen Smith though. He's showing a lot of positive signs that he's going to be a good player after a little burn.

Read on Twitter

I’m so excited that we have a rookie big that cares about protecting the rim for the first time in franchise history.

He’s also gonna be the best rim protector we’ve had since like prime Gortat (although he stopped giving a **** after like 2 years). Chandler was ass and Plumlee was garbage.

I wish Smith didn’t lose the weight that he had gained before his last season in college but hopefully he gains it backs soon. His strength is the only thing that may hurt him in the immediate future, showing promise with everything else imo.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#215 » by bwgood77 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:53 am

Yeah, none of those second unit guys are PGs. I guess they figure based on camp that Moore is the best to handle it, and the handle looks good, but he's not a PG and initiator. They all have PG experience in the past but don't have quite the skillset. That's why I wanted to add one in the offseason. They just need to have one of Booker or Paul out there if they can stagger right. But with chemistry it will only improve. Moore did say in a tweet earlier posted that he's trying to adjust to the role of a combo guard, playing both positions but hasn't had enough time yet.
Revived
RealGM

Post#216 » by Revived » Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:59 am

bwgood77 wrote:Yeah, none of those second unit guys are PGs. I guess they figure based on camp that Moore is the best to handle it, and the handle looks good, but he's not a PG and initiator. They all have PG experience in the past but don't have quite the skillset. That's why I wanted to add one in the offseason. They just need to have one of Booker or Paul out there if they can stagger right. But with chemistry it will only improve. Moore did say in a tweet earlier posted that he's trying to adjust to the role of a combo guard, playing both positions but hasn't had enough time yet.

Said it in the other thread too but really hope they bring in McLaughlin and give him a chance if Payne is gonna be out for sometime. Or Napier who isn’t anything special but at least he can do some basic backup PG stuff.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#217 » by bwgood77 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 6:04 am

Revived wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:Yeah, none of those second unit guys are PGs. I guess they figure based on camp that Moore is the best to handle it, and the handle looks good, but he's not a PG and initiator. They all have PG experience in the past but don't have quite the skillset. That's why I wanted to add one in the offseason. They just need to have one of Booker or Paul out there if they can stagger right. But with chemistry it will only improve. Moore did say in a tweet earlier posted that he's trying to adjust to the role of a combo guard, playing both positions but hasn't had enough time yet.

Said it in the other thread too but really hope they bring in McLaughlin and give him a chance if Payne is gonna be out for sometime. Or Napier who isn’t anything special but at least he can do basic backup PG stuff.

Yeah, I wanted McLaughlin in the offseason. He had a good ast/to ratio in the 30 or so games he played last season. I mentioned Napier as well. They are both really small though. Couldn't play with Carter really.
cberry78
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,420

Post#218 » by cberry78 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 6:10 am

Between Point Book, Point Saric, and Cam Payne (edit: and Carter), unless something happens to one of those 4 (or CP3) we really don't need another PG. We need more depth up front (I hope Motley stays).
"Never argue with an idiot. You'll never convince the idiot that you're correct, and bystanders won't be able to tell who's who." - Mark Twain
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,622

Post#219 » by lilfishi22 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 6:14 am

Can't see Jones cutting Moore or Gallo to give a 2nd year player a run. If we wanted him, we should've picked him up before getting one of these guys. But if there was going to be one of these two players being cut, it'll be for a decent, experienced PG who's waived. FWIW it doesn't seem like Payne will be off for too long and we did OK with Payne (I know it's 8 games) in the bubble as our starting PG so Payne playing off the bench should be just fine.

I'm not too worried yet because we are still missing some key bench guys like Johnson and Dario both of who will help the offense tremendously
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,622

Post#220 » by lilfishi22 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 6:16 am

cberry78 wrote:

Between Point Book, Point Saric, and Cam Payne (edit: and Carter), unless something happens to one of those 4 (or CP3) we really don't need another PG. We need more depth up front (I hope Motley stays).

Yeah I have much more concern about our front court than our back court. We gained a fair bit in the backcourt whereas losing Baynes was huge for the front court and the combination of Smith/Jones/Motley just won't cut it.
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame

Return to Phoenix Suns