And1: 1,420

Re: Game 1: Dallas Mavericks @ Phoenix Suns l Wednesday l 8:30pm l ESPN 

Post#621 » by cberry78 » Thu Dec 24, 2020 7:19 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
SlovenianDragon wrote:
nevetsov wrote:
:lol:

Randy Johnson is the best name ever.

A sexually aroused or excited man's penis.

I'd have to go with Magic Johnson.

I just want to say how disappointed I am in the fact that there has never been a Richard Johnson in any of the major sports. :noway:
"Never argue with an idiot. You'll never convince the idiot that you're correct, and bystanders won't be able to tell who's who." - Mark Twain
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,462

Post#622 » by bwgood77 » Thu Dec 24, 2020 7:24 pm

cberry78 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
SlovenianDragon wrote:
Randy Johnson is the best name ever.

A sexually aroused or excited man's penis.

I just want to say how disappointed I am in the fact that there has never been a Richard Johnson in any of the major sports. :noway:

I once had a boss with the last name of Johnson and his parents named him Harrison. When his friends nicknamed Harrison by shortening it to Harry, it was a good one too.
cberry78
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,420

Post#623 » by cberry78 » Thu Dec 24, 2020 7:30 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
cberry78 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

I once had a boss with the last name of Johnson and his parents named him Harrison. When his friends nicknamed Harrison by shortening it to Harry, it was a good one too.

I worked with a teacher at a client school whose name was Richard Johnson....he took it in stride after growing up with the name.
"Never argue with an idiot. You'll never convince the idiot that you're correct, and bystanders won't be able to tell who's who." - Mark Twain
LukasBMW
Suns Forum SlamDRUNK Contributor
And1: 4,286

Post#624 » by LukasBMW » Thu Dec 24, 2020 7:37 pm

1. Book gonna Book
2. Bridges looking legit!
3. Ayton and CP3 have big time gravity. They didn't score a bunch but our spacing is legit! You can't leave Ayton, you can't leave Book, and you can't leave CP3. Leave Bridges and he makes you pay.
Frank Lee
RealGM
And1: 9,182

Post#625 » by Frank Lee » Thu Dec 24, 2020 7:39 pm

Sloppy game... either side plays well they go up by 15 and coast ...

Franksfurters:
Galloway is a baller. Made some big timely shots. He’s icy. Got the look. This guy is going to play. Our 6th man but 7th /8th off the bench, for now

Bridges had the greeny, right from the getgo. The way he elevates and his length gives him clean threeballs every time. And his back door cuts are gold. Might be the second smartest, most valuable, on the squad.

Carter with his standard harassment, wasnt effective on O.., just quit making him playmake. But he’s dog of dogs

CPayne has no fear, I’ll cringe when he slings his lefty launcher, till I don’t. But he’s crafty too and Still did some good things. He’s hungry.

Bookers worst game I’ve can remember, stats be crammed. Sloppy, forcing things... hope no sleep last night for missing FTs to almost ice it. Lost his inner kobe. Wtf?

Paul had a hohummer debut. Seemed most didn’t know how to move and react to CPs prodding.Ayton especially. Cp looked to be feeling it outBut was at times was crowded out and ended up stinkin a bit.

Ayton could be in the verge of getting it, or at least he’s around the corner from the verge... actually more up the stairs, around the corner, from the verge. Guy just doesn’t know where to be in either end. If DJones wasn’t here would be our rockiest of heads. Game is so much easier when he’s 5 ft from the hoop. Will he ever grasp weakside helping ? Defense is not a spectator sport... so business at usual?

CamJ is CamJ. Solid contributor. He and Bridges seem to play well with one another. Hustles. He’ll finish games.

Smith didn’t embarrass himself. Nice to be thrown in right out of the gate. Got those first game jits out of the way.

Overall spent way to much time bringing the ball up. Excessive rock pounding. Too many shots taken in the last 5 secs.
down right ugly with turnovers. Looked like squad of a few yrs ago. Tacky fouls.

This was a 2 Furter performance and a lucky win.

37 1-2 to go
What ? Me Worry ?
rajahell
Ballboy
And1: 13

Post#626 » by rajahell » Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:55 pm

Biggest positive from the game IMO was the level of play from Mikal and Cam. I think Mikal will have a couple all star appearances before he retires and I am truly starting to believe that cam in oubres place was the biggest reason for our bubble performance. I think Jae should start, but cam should probably average more MPG.

Book and CP3 will figure out how to coexist, but as many have said, staggering them is a necessity. It was really cool to see them both hit those huge midrange clutch jumpers even after playing poor games by their own standards. (CP3s handle looked a little loose to me. Hopefully that gets better)

I was happy with our bench play minus Jones. I think jalen will squeeze him out of the lineup once saric is back. Jalen showed me that he belongs on an nba floor and I think he has a lot of room for growth. Solid games from Payne, Carter, and gallo. Gallo is going to be everything we needed Troy Daniels to be and so much more.

I will reserve judgement on both ayton and crowder.

Sloppy but fun first game. Still have high hopes that this team can be 5-7 seed in the west.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,422

Post#627 » by Revived » Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:21 pm

sunsbg wrote:
Revived wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:On the Dallas side they really need Porzingis back because eye test wise the suns really looked like the more talented team. Luka is great so they won't be bad but I'm not sure I'd just pencil them in as a top 6 team in the stacked west.

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app

They lack athleticism without Porzingis especially around the rim. We had like 7 or 8 blocks as a team and they had 0.

They will always need great defenders around Doncic, who's only goal on D is to collect uncontested rebounds. Most efficient offense in history and still 7th in the West last year. Wonder why.

As I mentioned in a previous post it's key they make him work on D, Mikal in this case, though he's usually hidden defending opponent's worst O player.

Wasn’t last season his like his 2nd in the league? And Porzingis missed a ton of games then too?

He’s never gonna be a good defender but he doesn’t need to be. Curry, Harden, Nash etc have churned out HOF careers without playing defense and he can do the same. Definitely has a higher ceiling than those guys offensively due to size alone. As he gets more experience and improves on his 3s, he will probably be the best offensive player in the league and an easy top 5 player.

It’s easier to find 3 &D guys than it is to find guys who can score at will and playmake at an elite level. So Mavs should be able to surround him with guys who cover him up defensively just like GSW did with Curry. I think Porzingis is always gonna be injury prone though so they probably need to find another big who brings similar attributes.
sunsbg
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,038

Post#628 » by sunsbg » Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:50 pm

Revived wrote:
sunsbg wrote:
Revived wrote:They lack athleticism without Porzingis especially around the rim. We had like 7 or 8 blocks as a team and they had 0.

They will always need great defenders around Doncic, who's only goal on D is to collect uncontested rebounds. Most efficient offense in history and still 7th in the West last year. Wonder why.

As I mentioned in a previous post it's key they make him work on D, Mikal in this case, though he's usually hidden defending opponent's worst O player.

Wasn’t last season his like his 2nd in the league? And Porzingis missed a ton of games then too?

He’s never gonna be a good defender but he doesn’t need to be. Curry, Harden, Nash etc have churned out HOF careers without playing defense and he can do the same. Definitely has a higher ceiling than those guys offensively due to size alone. As he gets more experience and improves on his 3s, he will probably be the best offensive player in the league and an easy top 5 player.

It’s easier to find 3 &D guys than it is to find guys who can score at will and playmake at an elite level. So Mavs should be able to surround him with guys who cover him up defensively just like GSW did with Curry. I think Porzingis is always gonna be injury prone though so they probably need to find another big who brings similar attributes.

I guess I have higher standards for someone, who many think can contend for GOAT, which I always found laughable mainly because of the lack of D, but also some other criteria. Who knows if his shooting ever reaches anything close to the level of mentioned players. In theory Booker's 3pt shot should be much better, but he's still not great.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,462

Post#629 » by bwgood77 » Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:14 pm

Revived wrote:
sunsbg wrote:
Revived wrote:They lack athleticism without Porzingis especially around the rim. We had like 7 or 8 blocks as a team and they had 0.

I think the GB already ranked him #3 in the NBA and not many analysts or coaches would put him out of the top 10 (or even likely the top 7 or 8). He was routinely putting up 30 pt triple doubles last half of last season and not even close triple doubles often. He is also the MVP favorite, though I think it might be likely they give it to LeBron.
Fo-Real
General Manager
And1: 4,911

Post#630 » by Fo-Real » Fri Dec 25, 2020 12:42 am

The two Cams changed the game.
Kerrsed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,578

Post#631 » by Kerrsed » Fri Dec 25, 2020 5:51 am

My opinion on Perk has changed DRASTICALLY!

Its #DUMPSTERFIRE SEASON! #TeamTRAINWRECK -KERRSED- The Mod, The Myth, The Legend
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,469

Post#632 » by SunsRback4Good » Fri Dec 25, 2020 6:03 am

Kerrsed wrote:My opinion on Perk has changed DRASTICALLY!

I tried opening the video multiple times but says " this can't be played in the background". Is there another video or can you summarise in a few sentences what was said?
Kerrsed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#633 » by Kerrsed » Fri Dec 25, 2020 6:11 am

SunsRback4Good wrote:

I tried opening the video multiple times but says " this can't be played in the background". Is there another video or can you summarise in a few sentences what was said?

Well Max was blowing the Mav's, saying his biggest takeaway from the game is how great the Mav's will be when Porz comes back, how well they played against us, how Doncic is gods gift to the NBA, and how well coached the Mav's are. Perk said there was noway he watched the same game, talked about our defense and how we forced the Mav's to play ISO-ball almost all game, and he was praising us left and right, giving Bridges and Cam Johnson their props. Its a good video to see for sure.

CLICK HERE

See if that link works for you.
Its #DUMPSTERFIRE SEASON! #TeamTRAINWRECK -KERRSED- The Mod, The Myth, The Legend
SunsRback4Good
RealGM

Post#634 » by SunsRback4Good » Fri Dec 25, 2020 6:35 am

Kerrsed wrote:
SunsRback4Good wrote:

Well Max was blowing the Mav's, saying his biggest takeaway from the game is how great the Mav's will be when Porz comes back, how well they played against us, how Doncic is gods gift to the NBA, and how well coached the Mav's are. Perk said there was noway he watched the same game, talked about our defense and how we forced the Mav's to play ISO-ball almost all game, and he was praising us left and right, giving Bridges and Cam Johnson their props. Its a good video to see for sure.

CLICK HERE

See if that link works for you.

It's still early but by February Max will be giving us props that we deserve. I dont watch much of Perkins but didn't KD or Kyrie call him out recently for being a backstabber now that he works for ESPN? Think I read that somewhere on the general board. As for the video the same message occurs but all good thanks for the explanation regarding it.
SlovenianDragon
Head Coach
And1: 11,088

Post#635 » by SlovenianDragon » Fri Dec 25, 2020 6:53 am

"The mavs have an answer for everything."

Except for the suns... 8-)
Mr Puddles
Assistant Coach
And1: 10,158

Post#636 » by Mr Puddles » Fri Dec 25, 2020 7:26 am

bwgood77 wrote:
alamin330 wrote:Jalen Smith almost gave me an anxiety attack when they put him in. I’m happy he held his own out there. I’ll give credit when it’s due and he played great considering.

Meanwhile Vassell had 3 pts and 3 rebounds. Haliburton did pretty well though with 12 pts, 4 assists, 2 boards and a block in 30 minutes.

Jalen Smith was a big positive for me. I'm on record saying I would have preferred to draft Haliburton and Vassell, but Smith looked much better than advertised. Especially those reports about him not being able to defend the perimeter and not being able to put the ball on the floor seem to be incorrect. Much like Cam Johnson's scouting report made him seem like a Jason Kapono 2.0, while in actuality he's proving to be an all-around player who's getting better by the day.

Smith is clearly not 'there' yet, but I saw enough glimpses for him to become a good rotation player - which is really all I'm hoping for. He does seem a lot smaller than I though he was though. Against a smaller team like the Mavs it's not a major concern, but until his body fills-up he's not going to see a lot of time at the 5 position.

Suns drafting and player development has certainly looked a lot better as of recent.
Spoiler:
SuperSunsFan
Sixth Man
And1: 1,364

Post#637 » by SuperSunsFan » Fri Dec 25, 2020 7:43 am

Max is no more qualified to commentate on the NBA than any of us to be honest, he is good looking and well articulated therefore he get to talk Sports on TV, its weird to see him tries to argue basketball with a NBA champion.
SunsRback4Good
RealGM

Post#638 » by SunsRback4Good » Fri Dec 25, 2020 7:55 am

SuperSunsFan wrote:Max is no more qualified to commentate on the NBA than any of us to be honest, he is good looking and well articulated therefore he get to talk Sports on TV, its weird to see him tries to argue basketball with a NBA champion.

Very good looking wish he would undress while giving his basketball opinions.
Fo-Real
General Manager
And1: 4,911

Post#639 » by Fo-Real » Fri Dec 25, 2020 8:06 am

SunsRback4Good wrote:
SuperSunsFan wrote:Max is no more qualified to commentate on the NBA than any of us to be honest, he is good looking and well articulated therefore he get to talk Sports on TV, its weird to see him tries to argue basketball with a NBA champion.

Very good looking wish he would undress while giving his basketball opinions.

**** just got weird!!
Kerrsed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#640 » by Kerrsed » Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:02 am

Return to Phoenix Suns