ImageImageImage

2021 Playoff and Offseason Speculation - the playoffs. PLAYOFFS????

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Will we extend Bridges or will Sarver not pay 4 players big money for 1 or 2 years?

Yes, we extend him or at least match any offer as he is part of core
88%
No, Sarver will want to trade him to save money so little salary coming back, draft pick
13%

Total votes: 24

SuperSunsFan
Sixth Man
And1: 1,364

Re: 2020 Season Speculation - the season begins, with a lot of new faces 

Post#21 » by SuperSunsFan » Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:51 pm

took me a while to finally figure out who Gallowy reminds me of - Pedro Martinez.
Barkley6
Veteran
And1: 2,406

Post#22 » by Barkley6 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 12:07 am

SuperSunsFan wrote:took me a while to finally figure out who Gallowy reminds me of - Pedro Martinez.

Oh man, that's a good shout.
Barkley6
Veteran

Post#23 » by Barkley6 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 12:15 am

bwgood77 wrote:In a way it's like trading for Barkley after the 95-96 season, a few years removed from being the MVP, thought he was still one of the best players and still put up great numbers. But Houston didn't do well with him, even after having just won a couple championships and also adding Pippen. Pippen hated playing with him and thought he didn't work hard enough or take things seriously enough. It's not exactly the same, and Harden is a couple years younger than Barkley, but he is crazier, has a harder time getting along with teammates, and thinks he is the best player in the NBA....Barkley may have just some similarities.

Good comparison. I wonder if Indiana could build a package around Oladipo. It's a place where Harden would be the undoubted star, but still have some pieces around him, even if the Pacers dealt Dipo, Warren and some picks, you'd have Brogdan, Harden, Sabonis and Turner as a pretty solid core.
Slim Charless
General Manager
And1: 6,149

Post#24 » by Slim Charless » Fri Dec 25, 2020 12:30 am

Barkley6 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:In a way it's like trading for Barkley after the 95-96 season, a few years removed from being the MVP, thought he was still one of the best players and still put up great numbers. But Houston didn't do well with him, even after having just won a couple championships and also adding Pippen. Pippen hated playing with him and thought he didn't work hard enough or take things seriously enough. It's not exactly the same, and Harden is a couple years younger than Barkley, but he is crazier, has a harder time getting along with teammates, and thinks he is the best player in the NBA....Barkley may have just some similarities.

Good comparison. I wonder if Indiana could build a package around Oladipo. It's a place where Harden would be the undoubted star, but still have some pieces around him, even if the Pacers dealt Dipo, Warren and some picks, you'd have Brogdan, Harden, Sabonis and Turner as a pretty solid core.

I was just thinking about them. I think Houston would demand Sabonis, along with Warren and a ton of picks. But Turner wouldn't be a bad teammate as he can do alot of the same things. Dipo, if he's healthy would be a great complimentary piece too. I dont know how Indy would hope to keep Harden in 2 years, but while there that team could do some damage.
Bogyo
Analyst
And1: 2,254

Post#25 » by Bogyo » Fri Dec 25, 2020 1:40 pm

Slim Charless wrote:
Barkley6 wrote:

I was just thinking about them. I think Houston would demand Sabonis, along with Warren and a ton of picks. But Turner wouldn't be a bad teammate as he can do alot of the same things. Dipo, if he's healthy would be a great complimentary piece too. I dont know how Indy would hope to keep Harden in 2 years, but while there that team could do some damage.

Lol, Harden would never play there. If he'd get traded there he would simply not show up.
NTB
Suns Forum News Guru
And1: 6,029

Post#26 » by NTB » Fri Dec 25, 2020 4:27 pm

Merry Christmas to those who celebrate!
carey wrote:It is 2-time, every time.
Slim Charless
General Manager
And1: 6,149

Post#27 » by Slim Charless » Fri Dec 25, 2020 5:26 pm

Bogyo wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:
Barkley6 wrote:

Lol, Harden would never play there. If he'd get traded there he would simply not show up.

....Then his contract is voided and he gets no money, and probably gets fined everyday he doesn't show. The NBA is a players league but they won't just let some guy not show up to work and expect to still get paid. Now, he won't stay and might be a little bitch while there...but he'll show up and play if he likes getting money.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,158

Post#28 » by Revived » Fri Dec 25, 2020 7:37 pm

Merry Christmas everyone. Kinda glad we're not playing today, I'm still scarred from the Roger Mason game years ago. Doubt many here will remember it, this was a long time ago. One of the worst feelings after a sports game loss I've felt cause I was at this christmas party where everyone knew I was a Suns fan and there like two other Spurs fans there and **** came down to the wire and god what a crushing defeat.

Barkley6
Veteran

Post#29 » by Barkley6 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:17 pm

Revived wrote:Merry Christmas everyone. Kinda glad we're not playing today, I'm still scarred from the Roger Mason game years ago. Doubt many here will remember it, this was a long time ago. One of the worst feelings after a sports game loss I've felt cause I was at this christmas party where everyone knew I was a Suns fan and there like two other Spurs fans there and **** came down to the wire and god what a crushing defeat.

I was at that game and was sitting behind a really rowdy Spurs fan....it sucked man.
SlovenianDragon
Head Coach
And1: 11,053

Post#30 » by SlovenianDragon » Sun Dec 27, 2020 3:41 pm

Aight im just going to keep it real....

VERY DISSAPOINTED with our team.

We should be 0-2

We play like this all season we wont make the playoffs.

Rematch against the kings tonight...

Lets hope we dont suck dick again.
NTB
Suns Forum News Guru

Post#31 » by NTB » Sun Dec 27, 2020 7:36 pm

Read on Twitter
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,158

Post#32 » by Revived » Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:26 pm

NTB wrote:
Read on Twitter

Hopefully this is the last game he misses with the estimate he had given us before.

Read on Twitter
rajahell
Ballboy
And1: 13

Post#33 » by rajahell » Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:23 pm

Kind of random post, but does Kevin Ray’s new catch phrase “absolutely” after a three annoy anyone else?

I almost miss the Fulton homes “proud to own the three-point zone”
bhawk
Pro Prospect
And1: 713

Post#34 » by bhawk » Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:32 pm

rajahell wrote:Kind of random post, but does Kevin Ray’s new catch phrase “absolutely” after a three annoy anyone else?

Absolutely! :-?
NTB
Suns Forum News Guru

Post#35 » by NTB » Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:42 pm

rajahell wrote:Kind of random post, but does Kevin Ray’s new catch phrase “absolutely” after a three annoy anyone else?

It is not Kevin Ray's catch phrase. Yesterday Tom Leander was the play-by-play guy.
King4Day
RealGM
And1: 9,204

Post#36 » by King4Day » Mon Dec 28, 2020 7:14 pm

I met him a few years again when they came to Charlotte. Really nice guy. Very humble.
I actually like when he says it. It just spells 'Suns basketball' for me for some reason. Feels normal.
"Sometimes, the dragon wins" #RallyTheValley
Moochthemonkey
Sixth Man
And1: 1,579

Post#37 » by Moochthemonkey » Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:09 pm

SuperSunsFan wrote:took me a while to finally figure out who Gallowy reminds me of - Pedro Martinez.

He reminds me of a cross between Bill Cosby and Jaleel White
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,377

Post#38 » by bwgood77 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:36 pm

GoodBehavior wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:
sunsbg wrote:
No easy choices if the Suns miss the playoffs again. No more excuses for Booker having all the help he needs now. So many TOs having a great PG like CP3 is not a great sign of playing winning basketball or having a much better BBIQ than DA. He has the proper mentality though, no denying.
Yeah, I completely agree if this team misses the playoffs major changes should and will come. It's actually one of my favorite parts of the Paul trade, expectations are good and as a team you reach a point with a core where you either need to win or find a new core.

As far as the booker turnovers, first should be noted he's always going to be on the higher end because of how much he has the ball. But I don't think he'll average 7 a game, we're dealing with a small sample size and I'm sure it will level out.

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app

Hopefully Booker turns it around, but the last three games have been the worse I have seen him. Stats across the board are atrocious. His ORTG is a 87. His defense has been very good. You have to wonder if that's probably the reason, the fact that he's spending more energy on D.

Now that leads to the inevitable question, is the team better when Booker is more focused on D? And worse when he's putting up 25+ ppg but play no D?

He's rarely focused on D, so it would be nice with more focus there. The main thing on offense is that he just needs to shoot or move the ball quickly most of the time. Not only will this help the whole offense and his shooting percentage, it will also cut down on turnovers.

He doesn't have the lead here quite as big as it was, but he still has a significant lead here:

Spoiler:
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,377

Post#39 » by bwgood77 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:18 pm

Net ratings for starters (bref)

Bridges +36
Ayton +11
Paul +9
Crowder -7
Booker -15

Bench:

Galloway +39
Johnson +37
Payne +21
Kaminsky -6
Smith -19
Jones -36
Carter -42

Spoiler:
Crives
General Manager
And1: 7,054

Post#40 » by Crives » Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:25 pm

bwgood77 wrote:Net ratings for starters (bref)

Bridges +36
Ayton +11
Paul +9
Crowder -7
Booker -15

Bench:

Galloway +39
Johnson +37
Payne +21
Kaminsky -6
Smith -19
Jones -36
Carter -42

Spoiler:

Hate to say it but it’s time for Galloway to take all of JCs minutes.

Return to Phoenix Suns