ImageImageImage

2021 Playoff and Offseason Speculation - the playoffs. PLAYOFFS????

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Will we extend Bridges or will Sarver not pay 4 players big money for 1 or 2 years?

Yes, we extend him or at least match any offer as he is part of core
88%
No, Sarver will want to trade him to save money so little salary coming back, draft pick
13%

Total votes: 24

Bogyo
Analyst
And1: 2,254

Re: 2020 Season Speculation - the season begins, with a lot of new faces 

Post#261 » by Bogyo » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:15 pm

alamin330 wrote:You could even bench Mikal and start Nader. Mikal don’t pass.

I've reported you for this and your previous post. You are either flooding/trolling the board with these nonsense messages, or you are just a plain idiot, who should be in an institution. Either way, I do not wish to engage in any type conversation with you, or read your nonsense, especially if you are every 2nd-3rd post here. Kindly F off
alamin330
Pro Prospect
And1: 497

Post#262 » by alamin330 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:21 pm

Bogyo wrote:

I've reported you for this and your previous post. You are either flooding/trolling the board with these nonsense messages, or you are just a plain idiot, who should be in an institution. Either way, I do not wish to engage in any type conversation with you, or read your nonsense, especially if you are every 2nd-3rd post here. Kindly F off

I don’t care if you read it. You are probably some 40 plus year old who shoots with 2 hands and overweight.
Bridges thinks he’s the man all of a sudden. He’s not passing the ball. He looks to score every time and he’s only had 1 great game.
Nader will play his role. Put him in the starting lineup for the first 6 min or so then again to start the 3rd quarter. He doesn’t need to play 2nd or 4th quarter. Just need someone who will allow Booker and ayton to get in rhythm early. Crowder and Bridges are not helping. CP3 is only looking for 3s. Take that option away from him until he learns to get Ayton the ball
Barkley6
Veteran
And1: 2,406

Post#263 » by Barkley6 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:22 pm

alamin330 wrote:
Saberestar wrote:He did it before and I think that he will do it again... Monty Williams will put Ayton on the bench.

Saric is not athletic but is smart and can work well next to CP3. It is worth to try it.

Ayton would play more minutes with the second unit and he will get more shots.

Crowder is not a problem in the first unit because he is low usage guy and a very good defender. But yeah, we can start Cam over him and I would not hate the move.

Crowder is the problem. He’s trash. Always has been. All he does is shoot 3s. He’s a bad passer. Bad ball handler. Can’t create for himself or others. Defense is suspect. Bench him and Paul. Start Payne and Saric next to Ayton. This team will start winning

You might actually be a crazy person with some of the wild ideas here. Look, I love Payne and Saric, but neither should start.

and I don't think you've actually watched Jae Crowder, because he's a very good passer at the PF spot, handles the ball okay (not spectacular), creates plenty and his defense is all around solid even if it's not spectacular.

I get it, you're frustrated, but Crowder isn't the problem.
Bogyo
Analyst
And1: 2,254

Post#264 » by Bogyo » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:32 pm

Barkley6 wrote:
alamin330 wrote:
Saberestar wrote:He did it before and I think that he will do it again... Monty Williams will put Ayton on the bench.

Saric is not athletic but is smart and can work well next to CP3. It is worth to try it.

Crowder is not a problem in the first unit because he is low usage guy and a very good defender. But yeah, we can start Cam over him and I would not hate the move.

Crowder is the problem. He’s trash. Always has been. All he does is shoot 3s. He’s a bad passer. Bad ball handler. Can’t create for himself or others. Defense is suspect. Bench him and Paul. Start Payne and Saric next to Ayton. This team will start winning

You might actually be a crazy person with some of the wild ideas here. Look, I love Payne and Saric, but neither should start.

and I don't think you've actually watched Jae Crowder, because he's a very good passer at the PF spot, handles the ball okay (not spectacular), creates plenty and his defense is all around solid even if it's not spectacular.

Definatley. Look at how he flooded the board in the last day or so. Ignore him/her, and/or report. Hopefully a ban is coming, and we don't have to deal with this crap anymore. Got enough problems with the Suns as is. :D
alamin330
Pro Prospect

Post#265 » by alamin330 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:41 pm

Barkley6 wrote:
alamin330 wrote:

Crowder is not good in the starting lineup so yes he is a problem. Not the only problem but a problem. So when I said suns would lose to wizards before the game started I was crazy right but when it actually happened now what? When I said the team only shoots 3s I was crazy right. When they showed you against the wizards that was true now what? The problem with the suns offense is CP3 is slow, Ayton and Booker aren’t getting enough touches and they shoot too many 3s. How do you solve that?
I know CP3 isn’t getting benched. I’m not an idiot. But he should be.
Realistic changes for the better of the team is to pull mikal or crowder or both from the starting lineup. I think mikal and Jae will play the same off the bench and think Ayton will step it up if they are on the bench.
You can’t put Cam for crowder because him and bridges will do more damage to Booker and ayton getting touches. You can’t put bridges on the bench for cam because you lose defense and still take away touches from Book and DA.
A prudent coach like Pop, Spo even brad Stevens or Doc would know you need your number 1 and 2 option to lead the team in shot attempts not your 3D wing and his backup. Bridges is playing well but at the cost of Booker and Ayton. It’s not worth it.
Nader is tough nose and plays hard. Give him no more than 8 minutes a game but let him start to get your big and all star more looks. Nader can also hit the open 3.
If you don’t want mikal out then crowder gotta go. Need more facilitators and Saric facilitates.

Cp3, Booker, bridges, saric, Ayton or Cp3, Booker, Nader, crowder Ayton
alamin330
Pro Prospect

Post#266 » by alamin330 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:47 pm

Jae crowder shooting 36% from the field the last 6 games and 32% from 3 but he’s not the problem. Lmao. And I’m the crazy one

Ps. That 36 and 32 percent in 6 games includes a 64% shooting night and 66% 3 pt shooting night. Take away that outlier and his percentage drops to like 26 and 21.
Jae crowder is shooting 26% from 2 and 21% from 3. ROFL
But he’s not the problem.
Barkley6
Veteran
And1: 2,406

Post#267 » by Barkley6 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:48 pm

I'm gonna say something that might be unpopular:

It's time to bench Jevon Carter. Nothing against the guy, but he's shooting 22% from 3, and can't run an offense. His impact on defense is welcome and beneficial, but his offensive output is so lackluster that it handicaps the bench unit. Give his minutes to Moore or extend Galloway's minutes.

Carter is SUCH a negative on the offensive end, when he handles the ball at all I basically chalk it up as a wasted possession. He averages less than 1 assist per game, and isn't shooting well enough to make up for it.
alamin330
Pro Prospect

Post#268 » by alamin330 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:16 pm

Barkley6 wrote:I'm gonna say something that might be unpopular:

It's time to bench Jevon Carter. Nothing against the guy, but he's shooting 22% from 3, and can't run an offense. His impact on defense is welcome and beneficial, but his offensive output is so lackluster that it handicaps the bench unit. Give his minutes to Moore or extend Galloway's minutes.

Carter is SUCH a negative on the offensive end, when he handles the ball at all I basically chalk it up as a wasted possession. He averages less than 1 assist per game, and isn't shooting well enough to make up for it.

I think you’re some kind of a crazy person with wild ideas. Carter is already on the bench sir. Did you forget what he looks like? He’s the bald guy who plays no more than 13 minutes a game. Has no bearing on what is happening in the starting lineup. Y’all need to be smarter if you wanna talk basketball
alamin330
Pro Prospect

Post#269 » by alamin330 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:36 pm

I think I’ll only respond to lilfishi, bwgood, Sloveniandragon, Frank Lee and a few others from now. Most of the rest of you have no clue about how basketball is played
Crives
General Manager
And1: 7,054

Post#270 » by Crives » Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:42 pm

There goes our season

Read on Twitter
?s=21
Flying Colors
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,489

Post#271 » by Flying Colors » Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:44 pm

Crives wrote:There goes our season

Read on Twitter
?s=21

We all saw this coming after what happened to every other team that played the wizards, NBA is doing a half asssed job with this.
alamin330
Pro Prospect

Post#272 » by alamin330 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:54 pm

Might be a blessing in disguise depending on who if anyone has to quarantine
bigfoot
Suns Forum Anti-Tank Commander
And1: 6,164

Post#273 » by bigfoot » Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:42 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21

I'm sure we will hear about more Suns player soon. The Wiz are superspreaders.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,368

Post#274 » by bwgood77 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:29 pm

alamin330 wrote:
Bogyo wrote:

I don’t care if you read it. You are probably some 40 plus year old who shoots with 2 hands and overweight.
Bridges thinks he’s the man all of a sudden. He’s not passing the ball. He looks to score every time and he’s only had 1 great game.
Nader will play his role. Put him in the starting lineup for the first 6 min or so then again to start the 3rd quarter. He doesn’t need to play 2nd or 4th quarter. Just need someone who will allow Booker and ayton to get in rhythm early. Crowder and Bridges are not helping. CP3 is only looking for 3s. Take that option away from him until he learns to get Ayton the ball

We don't need these personal attacks either way.

Bridges TS% is near 67% so he's by far our most efficient scorer. He's also our best defender. He's been our most important player so far this season and it's not like we really run plays for him...he's a high effort, glue guy that can do just about anything.

His role isn't to pass a lot. He spreads the floor and is supposed to shoot the open 3 or he cuts and Chris Paul finds him for a bucket. He always knows where to be on both sides of the ball.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#275 » by bwgood77 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:33 pm

Barkley6 wrote:
alamin330 wrote:

Ayton and Saric have played together a lot in recent games, and it does not work...and it crowds the paint more with defenders, and throws are whole offense off. You can't really pass it to Ayton down low because there are two guys there more often, so no one else needs to leave their man, but neither of them could score inside either, so someone ends up trying to play 1 on 1 to score.

Sure Saric does stretch the floor some but him being out there hurts us defensively as well. He's not quick enough. Even if the other team is big, I think Crowder can handle it and Mikal has the length to deter shots as well.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#276 » by bwgood77 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:36 pm

Barkley6 wrote:I'm gonna say something that might be unpopular:

He has sucked. I was going to say this last night but he has really been awful. I'm surprised he is getting so many minutes, especially when we have other options, one with a lot more experience in Moore who can hit 3s and score in other ways like with a nice floater.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#277 » by bwgood77 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:40 pm

bigfoot wrote:

Read on Twitter
?s=21

I'm sure we will hear about more Suns player soon. The Wiz are superspreaders.

What is strange to me is, how can two players enter health and safety protocol when a whole team is out there, unless it is guys who didn't play?

Unless it happened last night after the game.

After the game may be the case though or they should have missed the game.

But if not after the game it seems like all Wizards and Suns who were there would enter it.

Hopefully all Suns players have had it already and have had positive antibody tests.
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,799

Post#278 » by Saberestar » Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:43 pm

Yeah yeah :lol:
GoodBehavior
Senior
And1: 370

Post#279 » by GoodBehavior » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:16 pm

I am surprised people are not talking about this more. The interest of the team supersedes the individual. Ayton has to come off the bench in the near term. Saric has outplayed him. Whether he can work out the kinks is entirely up to him but he doesn't deserve starter minutes with the level of play. The starters plainly sucks and this move is the most obvious.

Offensively, he has regressed badly. Maybe Monty (not exactly known as an offensive guru) is not a good fit for DA. I would think about trading him.

I probably get flamed for this but if Booker can't get the Suns to the playoff with Chris Paul, the team really needs to trade him as well. Rubio/Booker backcourt was .500 team. CP/Book backcourt looks disjointed. A max player has got to be better than that. If he can't succeed with CP as his backcourt mate, how far can he realistically take this team with a lower-tier point guard?

Monty is probably safe regardless. But man, he has really disappoint me, I love the culture and intensity part. But the offensive flow and plays leave soooo much to be desired.

If James Jones were smart and ballsy, and the starters don't turn it around, I would trade everyone on the roster not named Bridges and Cam (both of them). This would be an ideal year to tank. But James is probably too conservative
alamin330
Pro Prospect

Post#280 » by alamin330 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:40 pm

GoodBehavior wrote:

I am surprised people are not talking about this more. The interest of the team supersedes the individual. Ayton has to come off the bench in the near term. Saric has outplayed him. Whether he can work out the kinks is entirely up to him but he doesn't deserve starter minutes with the level of play. The starters plainly sucks and this move is the most obvious.

Offensively, he has regressed badly. Maybe Monty (not exactly known as an offensive guru) is not a good fit for DA. I would think about trading him.

I probably get flamed for this but if Booker can't get the Suns to the playoff with Chris Paul, the team really needs to trade him as well. Rubio/Booker backcourt was .500 team. CP/Book backcourt looks disjointed. A max player has got to be better than that. If he can't succeed with CP as his backcourt mate, how far can he realistically take this team with a lower-tier point guard?

Monty is probably safe regardless. But man, he has really disappoint me, I love the culture and intensity part. But the offensive flow and plays leave soooo much to be desired.

If James Jones were smart and ballsy, and the starters don't turn it around, I would trade everyone on the roster not named Bridges and Cam (both of them). This would be an ideal year to tank. But James is probably too conservative

So who’s going to rebound in this scenario. Starters will get destroyed by every single team

Return to Phoenix Suns