ImageImageImage

Game 19: Phoenix Suns (10-8) @ Dallas Mavericks (8-12) l Monday l 6:30pm l NBATV l FSNAZ

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

With exactly 1/4th of season complete, what grade do you rank the Suns?

A+
No votes
A-
No votes
B+
24%
B-
57%
C+
11%
C-
8%
D+/-
No votes
F
No votes

Total votes: 37

King4Day
RealGM
And1: 9,224

Re: Game 19: Phoenix Suns (10-8) @ Dallas Mavericks (8-12) l Monday l 6:30pm l NBATV l FSNAZ 

Post#401 » by King4Day » Tue Feb 2, 2021 4:32 am

Saberestar wrote:
Read on Twitter

I love how he went right back to getting people ready for the final play instead of acting like the game was already over
"Sometimes, the dragon wins" #RallyTheValley
Jdiddy701
RealGM
And1: 6,542

Re: Game 19: Phoenix Suns (10-8) @ Dallas Mavericks (8-12) l Monday l 6:30pm l NBATV l FSNAZ 

Post#402 » by Jdiddy701 » Tue Feb 2, 2021 4:33 am

King4Day wrote:Did Monty ever use his challenge?

No, I don’t mind that. I’m always a fan of keeping until a critical play at the end or a foul that would put one of your players in foul trouble. Like a few have said on here, that mentality would be different if you would be able to keep your challenges on a successful challenge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,477

Post#403 » by bwgood77 » Tue Feb 2, 2021 4:34 am

Jdiddy701 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Jdiddy701 wrote:He’s not a RIP Hamilton type of player. The ball should be in his hands. I don’t mind having Booker playing off ball when CP3 is in though. You think the Suns went 8-0 in the bubble because he played off the ball? Booker is way too good for that.

No, I think we went 8-0 in the bubble because every team was resting their stars or had stars out other than a couple of games, one where Booker did use iso for a nice game winner.

I do know our records prior to the bubble the past 4-5 years with him iso-ing as well. Not good to say the least.

You’re right, Booker should have been so much better with Dragan Bender, Maquese Chriss, Josh Jackson, Isaiah Canaan as his teammates, while his 4th (lost track) coach also gets fired. My bad!

Most of those guys barely played.

His first two years he had Bledsoe, Tucker, TJ, Chandler (3 years), and the last 2 years he had Ayton, Bridges, Oubre, Rubio and Cam and Saric and Baynes (1 year).

He's had decent players who most all start on their teams still.

But yes, one year the PG situation was bad as Bledsoe left after a few games and Elfrid Payton played about a quarter of the year and other than that it was not ideal..with the likes of Mike James and Shaquille Harrison.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#404 » by bwgood77 » Tue Feb 2, 2021 4:34 am

Jdiddy701 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Jdiddy701 wrote:He’s not a RIP Hamilton type of player. The ball should be in his hands. I don’t mind having Booker playing off ball when CP3 is in though. You think the Suns went 8-0 in the bubble because he played off the ball? Booker is way too good for that.

No, I think we went 8-0 in the bubble because every team was resting their stars or had stars out other than a couple of games, one where Booker did use iso for a nice game winner.

I do know our records prior to the bubble the past 4-5 years with him iso-ing as well. Not good to say the least.

You’re right, Booker should have been so much better with Dragan Bender, Maquese Chriss, Josh Jackson, Isaiah Canaan as his teammates, while his 4th (lost track) coach also gets fired. My bad!

His first two years he had Bledsoe, Tucker, TJ, Chandler (3 years), and the last 2 years he had Ayton, Bridges, Oubre, Rubio and Cam and Saric and Baynes (1 year).

But yes, one year the PG situation was bad as Bledsoe left after a few games and Elfrid Payton played about a quarter of the year and other than that it was not ideal..with the likes of Mike James and Shaquille Harrison.
Jdiddy701
RealGM

Post#405 » by Jdiddy701 » Tue Feb 2, 2021 4:35 am

King4Day wrote:
Saberestar wrote:
Read on Twitter

I love how he went right back to getting people ready for the final play instead of acting like the game was already over

I need that clip of the move he put on KP.

SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,484

Post#406 » by SunsRback4Good » Tue Feb 2, 2021 4:39 am

Revived wrote:
SunsRback4Good wrote:Anyone notice how we beat the Rockets by 6 points right before they exploded with a 6 game winning streak? They're beating teams by 17+ ppg in last 6 games. We dodged a bullet on that one. Guess it kinda makes up for us losing to Nuggets at the buzzer with Ayton guarding Murray.

They’ve had a really easy schedule. I don’t think even one team they played after us has a winning record. Maybe Portland did but they played without McCollum and Nurkic.

Their a little better than I thought but I doubt they make playoffs. Maybe 10th spot in the West if they stay healthy which is hard to imagine considering Gordon, Oladipo and Wall’s history.

They beat Blazers and Mavs both teams have a great shot at making the playoffs. But what is fascinating is they are demolishing bad teams by 17+ ppg. It's one thing to beat bad none playoff teams by single digits but in the 6 game winning streak they won by 1, 33, 19, 3, 14 & 30 points. 100 total divide by 6 games equals 16.7 per game. I actually see them getting 10th seed and a play-in game.
Jdiddy701
RealGM

Game 19: Phoenix Suns (10-8) @ Dallas Mavericks (8-12) l Monday l 6:30pm l NBATV l FSNAZ 

Post#407 » by Jdiddy701 » Tue Feb 2, 2021 4:41 am

bwgood77 wrote:
Jdiddy701 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

Booker averaged 6.5 assists last year, he makes good decisions with the ball and for the most part, is really efficient at scoring. He also draws a ton of fouls (when the refs actually call it). I think he’s struggled this season having to share the ball with CP3 but think this team is at its best when both CP3 and Booker are running the show. He will get better as the season goes. I don’t like the idea of just using Booker as only a spot up shooter. A good balance of the two is hard to prepare for.

Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,822

Post#408 » by Saberestar » Tue Feb 2, 2021 4:41 am

Read on Twitter
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,641

Post#409 » by lilfishi22 » Tue Feb 2, 2021 4:47 am

Saberestar wrote:
Read on Twitter

What's amazing is that I feel like we always have a terrible record against desperate teams. Dallas was desperate, they got KP back and Luka is still Luka, we should've lost this game, especially with how close it was throughout.
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
Jdiddy701
RealGM

Post#410 » by Jdiddy701 » Tue Feb 2, 2021 4:51 am

CP3 was a master today. Dude is an all star this season! Love when he’s aggressive to score.

Kerrsed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,578

Post#411 » by Kerrsed » Tue Feb 2, 2021 4:52 am

SunsRback4Good wrote:
Mjee wrote:Huge win !!! Love when cp3 is aggressive scoring ..

So pumped right now !!!

Dallas is on the verge of a meltdown

I would not want to be a Mavs player in their locker room. Can just picture Carlisle & Doncic yelling at every Mavs player.

Something tells me if a teammate were to yell back at Doncic a whistle would be blown.
Its #DUMPSTERFIRE SEASON! #TeamTRAINWRECK -KERRSED- The Mod, The Myth, The Legend
lonea
Rookie
And1: 527

Post#412 » by lonea » Tue Feb 2, 2021 4:53 am

glad monty didn't put in crowder in the final 2

i'm not fan of him jacking up 3s

i feel like teams are leaving him open on purpose to bait him
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,822

Post#413 » by Saberestar » Tue Feb 2, 2021 4:53 am

Read on Twitter
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#414 » by bwgood77 » Tue Feb 2, 2021 4:53 am

SunsRback4Good wrote:
Revived wrote:
SunsRback4Good wrote:Anyone notice how we beat the Rockets by 6 points right before they exploded with a 6 game winning streak? They're beating teams by 17+ ppg in last 6 games. We dodged a bullet on that one. Guess it kinda makes up for us losing to Nuggets at the buzzer with Ayton guarding Murray.

They’ve had a really easy schedule. I don’t think even one team they played after us has a winning record. Maybe Portland did but they played without McCollum and Nurkic.

Their a little better than I thought but I doubt they make playoffs. Maybe 10th spot in the West if they stay healthy which is hard to imagine considering Gordon, Oladipo and Wall’s history.

They beat Blazers and Mavs both teams have a great shot at making the playoffs. But what is fascinating is they are demolishing bad teams by 17+ ppg. It's one thing to beat bad none playoff teams by single digits but in the 6 game winning streak they won by 1, 33, 19, 3, 14 & 30 points. 100 total divide by 6 games equals 16.7 per game. I actually see them getting 10th seed and a play-in game.

In my earlier response and posts it's more about since Dipo has been there, but more importantly, all 3 of those guys play together. Since Dipo has been there they are 5-1, and that loss was to us, and in his 1st game with them, and without Wall, and they lost by 6. Since then they are 5-0 beating the teams you mention (Mavs by 25) along with the Pelicans easily and then two teams we lost to, Detroit and Washington. They are hot...like 1.5 games behind us which is pretty impressive given how many games their best players have missed...and how they played with a shell of a team for about half of them.
SunsRback4Good
RealGM

Post#415 » by SunsRback4Good » Tue Feb 2, 2021 4:54 am

Kerrsed wrote:
SunsRback4Good wrote:
Mjee wrote:Huge win !!! Love when cp3 is aggressive scoring ..

So pumped right now !!!

Dallas is on the verge of a meltdown

I would not want to be a Mavs player in their locker room. Can just picture Carlisle & Doncic yelling at every Mavs player.

Something tells me if a teammate were to yell back at Doncic a whistle would be blown.

Refs really do travel well with home teams. :lol:
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#416 » by bwgood77 » Tue Feb 2, 2021 4:59 am

Jdiddy701 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Jdiddy701 wrote:You’re right, Booker should have been so much better with Dragan Bender, Maquese Chriss, Josh Jackson, Isaiah Canaan as his teammates, while his 4th (lost track) coach also gets fired. My bad!

Booker averaged 6.5 assists last year, he makes good decisions with the ball and for the most part, is really efficient at scoring. He also draws a ton of fouls (when the refs actually call it). I think he’s struggled this season having to share the ball with CP3 but think this team is at its best when both CP3 and Booker are running the show. He will get better as the season goes. I don’t like the idea of just using Booker as only a spot up shooter. A good balance of the two is hard to prepare for.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I think he can be a primary ball handler and should be a guy that if needed, should iso...but he just shouldn't suddenly iso when the game is flowing....the assists have been good in the past but he has also been among the league leaders in turnovers (and most of the guys up there with him averaged way more assists) so moving the ball and finding guys more quickly and shooting the ball if he is wide open when he gets it should be almost automatic.

He should mostly just stick to the .5 offense that Monty wants. We are a better team that way even if his numbers are not quite as good. But he should be primary ball handler when Paul isn't in there unless Payne is and then they can share duties, though Payne is much better at taking care of the ball.

But if he holds onto it for too long and ends up trying to pass it is often a turnover and is why he has more turnovers than assists this year.
irish22022
Senior
And1: 517

Post#417 » by irish22022 » Tue Feb 2, 2021 4:59 am

Ayton quickly becoming my favorite player to watch on defense. He's putting it together and is looking very dominant.
SunsRback4Good
RealGM

Post#418 » by SunsRback4Good » Tue Feb 2, 2021 5:24 am

irish22022 wrote:Ayton quickly becoming my favorite player to watch on defense. He's putting it together and is looking very dominant.

He's an excellent defender and on top of that can easily put up 20/10 on any given night. Ayton is more valuable to our team than Booker, no offense. When a player can play both sides of the floor it makes him un-tradable in my book (no pun intended). Booker is amazing and hits unreal shots but if the owner decided to keep one of two of our future stars, well 7 outta 10 Ayton gets the nod.
starbosa10
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,153

Post#419 » by starbosa10 » Tue Feb 2, 2021 5:46 am

SunsRback4Good wrote:
irish22022 wrote:Ayton quickly becoming my favorite player to watch on defense. He's putting it together and is looking very dominant.

He's an excellent defender and on top of that can easily put up 20/10 on any given night. Ayton is more valuable to our team than Booker, no offense. When a player can play both sides of the floor it makes him un-tradable in my book (no pun intended). Booker is amazing and hits unreal shots but if the owner decided to keep one of two of our future stars, well 7 outta 10 Ayton gets the nod.

Ayton needs a full season of this before we can even have this convo
Jdiddy701
RealGM

Post#420 » by Jdiddy701 » Tue Feb 2, 2021 5:53 am

Just saw the replay of Booker’s shot, dude was also fouled on that game winning shot. Good win!

Return to Phoenix Suns