ImageImageImage

Game 20: Phoenix Suns (11-8) @ New Orleans Pelicans (7-12) l Wednesday l 7:30pm l ESPN l FSNAZ

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Favorite duo

Booker/Ayton
21%
Bridges/Cam
30%
CP3/Crowder
No votes
Frank/Saric
6%
Galloway/Payne
No votes
Ayton/CP3
18%
Booker/Bridges
21%
Cam/Saric
3%

Total votes: 33

Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,037

Re: Game 20: Phoenix Suns (11-8) @ New Orleans Pelicans (7-12) l Wednesday l 7:30pm l ESPN l FSNAZ 

Post#241 » by Revived » Thu Feb 4, 2021 4:52 am

Sunlight wrote:Monty Williams is not that level as a coach what this potential Suns team deserves.

Pelicans fans watching this game probably have a “I told you so” look on their face. They’ve seen how this story ends and it’s not pretty.

He had CP3, David West, Tyson Chandler, Peja Stojakovic all in their primes in New Orleans and they never even won 1 playoff series under Monty.

Our Suns team right now doesn’t even have that much talent.
Jesus_H_Macy
Rookie
And1: 1,074

Re: Game 20: Phoenix Suns (11-8) @ New Orleans Pelicans (7-12) l Wednesday l 7:30pm l ESPN l FSNAZ 

Post#242 » by Jesus_H_Macy » Thu Feb 4, 2021 4:52 am

Frank Lee wrote:I’m not a fan of this pass happy chuck fest we call an offense. Run some gd plays and get a quality look

Monty = no genius

Trash effort in the 2nd half and ugly offense all game except for some Booker drives and mid rangers. I think I saw one pass into Ayton in the post? I’ve just noticed that we don’t seem to be getting Ayton the ball on the wings at all this season for his jumpers, which are solid if not spectacular. We have him handing off around the 3pt line and then posting up, but we go through stretches of freezing him out (some of that is definitely on Ayton but I don’t think it all is, because Crowder of all people seems to get him the ball easy) which just results in him standing in the lane gumming **** up. If we don’t plan on getting him the ball in the post we should move him out of that area. I didn’t think the chucking was egregious (at least on the first half) but they aren’t rhythm 3s and no one on the team seems to have their spot anymore...everyone is launching from anywhere along the 3pt line. Just ugly ass O. I’m with you, it’s on Monty. No more 3pt line hot potato. Booker might break the flow sometimes but at least he mixes it up and gets us some FTs and close looks. We’re finally (usually) really good on D, and now we have a trash O. Being a Suns fan is such a toxic relationship...
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,073

Post#243 » by bwgood77 » Thu Feb 4, 2021 4:52 am

Do you think we are as good as Boston?

I ask because after tonight that seems like a silly question but they are in the east, and coming into tonight we had the same record, and they also lost to the Pistons and lost to the Knicks by 30.
KLEON
Analyst
And1: 1,929

Post#244 » by KLEON » Thu Feb 4, 2021 4:53 am

Am I the only one who hates our current 2nd unit? I like Moore but he's not a PG and I need to see Carter playing because he's one of our best defenders. I like Galloway but Tank and Nader are too shaky. We desperately need Saric back. BTW what's up with Cam? He's still a good shooter but this year he's doesn't look like a sharp shooter.
SuperSunsFan
Sixth Man
And1: 1,364

Post#245 » by SuperSunsFan » Thu Feb 4, 2021 4:55 am

you need to take advantage of a bad defense by getting to the basket to score more high percentage shots instead of jacking up low percentage shots like against a great defense.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#246 » by bwgood77 » Thu Feb 4, 2021 4:55 am

Jesus_H_Macy wrote:
Frank Lee wrote:I’m not a fan of this pass happy chuck fest we call an offense. Run some gd plays and get a quality look

Monty = no genius

Trash effort in the 2nd half and ugly offense all game except for some Booker drives and mid rangers. I think I saw one pass into Ayton in the post? I’ve just noticed that we don’t seem to be getting Ayton the ball on the wings at all this season for his jumpers, which are solid if not spectacular. We have him handing off around the 3pt line and then posting up, but we go through stretches of freezing him out (some of that is definitely on Ayton but I don’t think it all is, because Crowder of all people seems to get him the ball easy) which just results in him standing in the lane gumming **** up. If we don’t plan on getting him the ball in the post we should move him out of that area. I didn’t think the chucking was egregious (at least on the first half) but they aren’t rhythm 3s and no one on the team seems to have their spot anymore...everyone is launching from anywhere along the 3pt line. Just ugly ass O. I’m with you, it’s on Monty. No more 3pt line hot potato. Booker might break the flow sometimes but at least he mixes it up and gets us some FTs and close looks. We’re finally (usually) really good on D, and now we have a trash O. Being a Suns fan is such a toxic relationship...

That is true...he is good at those baseline jumpers and I haven't seen many of those this season. I'd love him to get it inside but if they continue to double and triple team him they should adapt a bit at times.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,037

Post#247 » by Revived » Thu Feb 4, 2021 4:56 am

bwgood77 wrote:
Revived wrote:CP3 said it after the Pistons game how we need to stop taking teams lightly. His exact quote was “They get paid just like we do we need to come ready to play”.

I just don’t get it. Every player on our team besides CP3 and Crowder are career ****ing losers. Not a single one of them has won **** in their NBA careers and most of them not even in college.

Booker - hell no
Bridges - hell no
Ayton - hell no
CamJ - hell no
Kaminsky - hell no
Basically entire bench - hell no

Where do they get this entitled feeling from when they have been career losers?

You have to feel entitled as hell to come in with zero effort. It’s one thing if the Lakers do it because they don’t care they are reigning champs, they have proven winners, reg season is scrimmage for them. Or if the Raptors or Clippers or Nuggets or Jazz etc do it because those are all every season playoff teams.

The Suns haven’t sniffed postseason in 11 years. We’re not the same. We should be fighting tooth and nail and taking advantage of teams that aren’t good this season.

Well Bridges did win a National Championship in college, and he doesn't take games off...even though he hasn't played well in a couple lately.

Booker also was part of that undefeated Kentucky team with Towns, WCS, etc, that is, undefeated until they lost to a team led by Kaminsky in the final four.

Yeah so Booker was on the biggest choke teams in NCCA history, definitely something I’m sure he’s not proud of. Bridges was the reason why I said “most” not all. Forgot about Kaminsky winning in college but my point still remains as he has been awful in the pros hence why he’s a top 10 pick on a bet min.

Regardless all these guys haven’t done anything at all in the NBA to think they can take games off against bad teams. That’s only reserved for teams I mentioned above as the regular season is just practice for them.
dremill24
Analyst
And1: 2,385

Post#248 » by dremill24 » Thu Feb 4, 2021 4:57 am

I kinda think Cam should go back to the bench. Our starters have issues but Cam isn't helping and Crowder can handle size at 4 better which is more prevalent in starting than bench units. And we really need Saric/Payne back
Jdiddy701
RealGM
And1: 6,517

Post#249 » by Jdiddy701 » Thu Feb 4, 2021 4:57 am

Don’t remember seeing Crowder in the 2nd half, did he play?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Keith_myath
Pro Prospect
And1: 589

Post#250 » by Keith_myath » Thu Feb 4, 2021 5:03 am

KLEON wrote:Am I the only one who hates our current 2nd unit? I like Moore but he's not a PG and I need to see Carter playing because he's one of our best defenders. I like Galloway but Tank and Nader are too shaky. We desperately need Saric back. BTW what's up with Cam? He's still a good shooter but this year he's doesn't look like a sharp shooter.

Our 2nd unit has gone to trash since Payne got injured and Johnson began starting.

There are no natural scorers or playmakers. We need Johnson coming off the bench for shooting, Payne will help with the attacking the rim and quick ball movement, and we need a defensive big who can score. When Galloway doesn't shoot until his 13th minute on court, when he's a pure shooter, you know there's serious playmaking problems in the 2nd unit.
Something that stood out in the junk time was Carter was intentionally not looking for Galloway. There were times where he had a drive and dish chance and not once did he take it to dish to Galloway.

Tonight was another stat-padding game from Booker. Looks great on the stat sheet, but the eye test would disagree. Ball hogging and chucking.
Paul saw the writing on the wall early that the shots weren't falling and Booker wanted ALL the possession, so he went into self-preservation, cruise mode.

Confuses me that Crowder, who had a shocker, got the tap on the shoulder from the coaches telling him he's done for the night after 12 mins, while Johnson, who was chucking up egotistical park baller shots and playing horrid defense was given a free pass for his **** game?
SuperSunsFan
Sixth Man

Post#251 » by SuperSunsFan » Thu Feb 4, 2021 5:07 am

This is the night to remind us why some people still prefer Rubio over CP, the team had better chemistry under Rubio, everyone contributed. team now becomes iso fest with CP and Book
Stark
Junior
And1: 669

Post#252 » by Stark » Thu Feb 4, 2021 5:10 am

For a blow-out I don't think it was that much horrible. They shot the lights out and we just couldn't catch a break. As long as a 3 pointer isn't a rushed,early in the clock with a hand in their face you gotta live with that. Most of our looks were pretty ok to be honest.

CP3 is doing the right thing by feeding other guys too. If our best chance to win a game is Paul hitting tough midrange shots whole game, we should blow this up.

Book found some sort of a forced rhythm later but still doesn't look good. I think he's the one farthest from the expectations this year.

Monty with weird decisions continues. Johnson on Zion was just embarrassing to watch, he is a great dude but that match-up destroyed his confidence and put us in foul trouble. I mean why Crowder only played 12 mins?

Halliburton would have been so nice for the team </3

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using RealGM mobile app
Mjee
Starter
And1: 2,160

Post#253 » by Mjee » Thu Feb 4, 2021 5:16 am

I don’t know what to say after that crap performance
KLEON
Analyst
And1: 1,929

Post#254 » by KLEON » Thu Feb 4, 2021 5:16 am

Keith_myath wrote:
KLEON wrote:Am I the only one who hates our current 2nd unit? I like Moore but he's not a PG and I need to see Carter playing because he's one of our best defenders. I like Galloway but Tank and Nader are too shaky. We desperately need Saric back. BTW what's up with Cam? He's still a good shooter but this year he's doesn't look like a sharp shooter.

Our 2nd unit has gone to trash since Payne got injured and Johnson began starting.

There are no natural scorers or playmakers. We need Johnson coming off the bench for shooting, Payne will help with the attacking the rim and quick ball movement, and we need a defensive big who can score. When Galloway doesn't shoot until his 13th minute on court, when he's a pure shooter, you know there's serious playmaking problems in the 2nd unit.
Something that stood out in the junk time was Carter was intentionally not looking for Galloway. There were times where he had a drive and dish chance and not once did he take it to dish to Galloway.

Tonight was another stat-padding game from Booker. Looks great on the stat sheet, but the eye test would disagree. Ball hogging and chucking.
Paul saw the writing on the wall early that the shots weren't falling and Booker wanted ALL the possession, so he went into self-preservation, cruise mode.

Confuses me that Crowder, who had a shocker, got the tap on the shoulder from the coaches telling him he's done for the night after 12 mins, while Johnson, who was chucking up egotistical park baller shots and playing horrid defense was given a free pass for his **** game?

OMG I forgot about him. We desperately need him back too
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#255 » by bwgood77 » Thu Feb 4, 2021 5:22 am

Revived wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Revived wrote:CP3 said it after the Pistons game how we need to stop taking teams lightly. His exact quote was “They get paid just like we do we need to come ready to play”.

I just don’t get it. Every player on our team besides CP3 and Crowder are career ****ing losers. Not a single one of them has won **** in their NBA careers and most of them not even in college.

Booker - hell no
Bridges - hell no
Ayton - hell no
CamJ - hell no
Kaminsky - hell no
Basically entire bench - hell no

Where do they get this entitled feeling from when they have been career losers?

You have to feel entitled as hell to come in with zero effort. It’s one thing if the Lakers do it because they don’t care they are reigning champs, they have proven winners, reg season is scrimmage for them. Or if the Raptors or Clippers or Nuggets or Jazz etc do it because those are all every season playoff teams.

The Suns haven’t sniffed postseason in 11 years. We’re not the same. We should be fighting tooth and nail and taking advantage of teams that aren’t good this season.

Well Bridges did win a National Championship in college, and he doesn't take games off...even though he hasn't played well in a couple lately.

Booker also was part of that undefeated Kentucky team with Towns, WCS, etc, that is, undefeated until they lost to a team led by Kaminsky in the final four.

Yeah so Booker was on the biggest choke teams in NCCA history, definitely something I’m sure he’s not proud of. Bridges was the reason why I said “most” not all. Forgot about Kaminsky winning in college but my point still remains as he has been awful in the pros hence why he’s a top 10 pick on a bet min.

Regardless all these guys haven’t done anything at all in the NBA to think they can take games off against bad teams. That’s only reserved for teams I mentioned above as the regular season is just practice for them.

I didn't mean that to be a big compliment to Kaminsky as he's obviously not a really good pro, though he was great in college and super clutch his last two years...though they didn't win the championship.

You may have said "most, but not all" but you did put "hell no" right after Bridges in that list.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#256 » by bwgood77 » Thu Feb 4, 2021 5:26 am

Yeah, what the hell happened with Crowder. I would say he better have gotten injured but of course I don't want that. But why would you sit him the 2nd half against a team with Zion at PF and play Cam at PF?
SuperSunsFan
Sixth Man

Post#257 » by SuperSunsFan » Thu Feb 4, 2021 5:28 am

I Hate Booker, i really do, can't wait to see him getting traded. we need to get winners like ben simmons.
Jdiddy701
RealGM

Post#258 » by Jdiddy701 » Thu Feb 4, 2021 5:30 am

SuperSunsFan wrote:I Hate Booker, i really do, can't wait to see him getting traded. we need to get winners like ben simmons.

What has Ben Simmons won? Lol

SuperSunsFan
Sixth Man

Post#259 » by SuperSunsFan » Thu Feb 4, 2021 5:31 am

Jdiddy701 wrote:
SuperSunsFan wrote:I Hate Booker, i really do, can't wait to see him getting traded. we need to get winners like ben simmons.

LOL, booker? this dude has not yet bought his team to the playoffs gee.
Jdiddy701
RealGM

Post#260 » by Jdiddy701 » Thu Feb 4, 2021 5:33 am

SuperSunsFan wrote:
Jdiddy701 wrote:

LOL, booker? this dude has not yet bought his team to the playoffs gee.

My question wasn’t about Booker. I’m curious to what Ben Simmons has won.

Return to Phoenix Suns