ImageImageImage

Game 21: Detroit Pistons (5-16) @ Phoenix Suns (11-9) l Friday l 7:00pm l FSNAZ

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,158

Re: Game 21: Detroit Pistons (5-16) @ Phoenix Suns (11-9) l Friday l 7:00pm l FSNAZ 

Post#201 » by Revived » Sat Feb 6, 2021 7:30 am

JohnWall2 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
darealjuice wrote:
2 weeks ago half this place was bitching about how bad they missed Rubio over CP3 lol

That doesn't mean he isn't a great player. I think most understood and even more understand that was the wrong take. I also do think people generally don't like the slower pace either though. Do you think Booker is better than Paul?
Dunno what you think but I think Paul has been making more of an effort to push the pace and get the ball early to guys leaking out?

Chris Paul led basketball teams have been bottom 5 in pace in every season he’s been in the NBA. I don’t know his college team stats but I assume Wake Forest had a slow paced offense when he was there as well.
JohnWall2
Junior
And1: 249

Re: Game 21: Detroit Pistons (5-16) @ Phoenix Suns (11-9) l Friday l 7:00pm l FSNAZ 

Post#202 » by JohnWall2 » Sat Feb 6, 2021 9:39 am

Revived wrote:
JohnWall2 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
That doesn't mean he isn't a great player. I think most understood and even more understand that was the wrong take. I also do think people generally don't like the slower pace either though. Do you think Booker is better than Paul?
Dunno what you think but I think Paul has been making more of an effort to push the pace and get the ball early to guys leaking out?

Chris Paul led basketball teams have been bottom 5 in pace in every season he’s been in the NBA. I don’t know his college team stats but I assume Wake Forest had a slow paced offense when he was there as well.
I'm not arguing that, I'm just saying that he looked to get the ball in transition more which was good to see. I'm not saying he's Steve Nash or Jason Kidd.
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,801

Post#203 » by Saberestar » Sat Feb 6, 2021 9:39 am

Revived wrote:
JohnWall2 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

Do you know which teams have the highest pace in the NBA this season?

Wizards, Nets, Bulls, GSW and Rockets.

There is only one good team in that bunch of teams and probably there will be 4 lottery teams there. For now the Nets is the only one in the playoffs.

And which teams have an "slow" pace and are next to the Suns in that stat? Celtics, Lakers, Utah, Clippers and Knicks.
What they are thinking playing that slow? Losers...

https://www.teamrankings.com/nba/stat/possessions-per-game

And another thing...the difference between the first in the league (Wizards) and the Suns is really small. They have 107.1 possessions and the Suns 102 possessions per game, if you think about it the difference is ridiculous.

So yeah, all in all we are on the right track and CP3 and Monty know what they are doing to put this team finally in the playoffs. We are in good hands.
El Hespiritu
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,192

Post#204 » by El Hespiritu » Sat Feb 6, 2021 10:32 am

Yeah, 50% from 3 in Dec, 40.6% in Jan, 0% in Feb (0-14). Not good. Hopefully he gets out of the funk soon.

Even with the cold streak he still has the best % of our starters..including Cam and Crowder. Things were going a lot better when him and Cam were knocking them down at over 40% for the year though. At least Paul is improving from 3. And Booker for the most part except last game at 0-4. But this game and the game before last he shot more catch and shoots and hit 4-8 and 3-7 in those.
-I tell them: Gentlemen you desist. Your differences are bussiness of your own. We all must care this Refuge's harmony and decorum
-What if they don't listen?
-I kill them and throw them into the sea

Return to Phoenix Suns