ImageImageImage

Game 24: Milwaukee Bucks (16-8) @ Phoenix Suns (14-9) l Wednesday l 8:00pm l ESPN l FSNAZ

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Has Phoenix finally found their chemistry?.

Of course
7%
Nah, still 3-5 games away
23%
Maybe another 10 games to finally excel
47%
It's a long season, give them 15-20 games tops
23%
They'll never find team chemistry
No votes

Total votes: 30

Blonde
Veteran
And1: 3,723

Re: Game 24: Milwaukee Bucks (16-8) @ Phoenix Suns (14-9) l Wednesday l 8:00pm l ESPN l FSNAZ 

Post#401 » by Blonde » Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:23 am

SunsRback4Good wrote:
Blonde wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
There was a double on that shot though. No, that's not how players play. LeBron, Doncic, etc, all those guys will find an open guy down the stretch. Now maybe on the very last possession they do that, but in a 5 point game it should not be 1 on 5. It's just dumb.

I know some of you love the iso hero ball but it won't win long term. Harden would try it and you'd see the highlights where he'd make it but ultimately it doesn't work.

Those plays may work sometimes...and they did for Book for a couple of possessions with a few minutes left, but then he literally dribbled the entire shot clock as teammates watched like the entire 2 minutes. He's also not the best guy at not turning the ball over. If anyone should do that, it should be Paul.

Anyways, it's what he does, so we will just have to hope if he misses it at the end like he did tonight a couple of times along with a FT, that the other team doesn't score on every ensuing possession...luckily it was just two possessions they scored and not the final one.

You know better than every coach in the league I guess.

BW is Earl Watson who was a former Suns coach I assumed you knew that? Guess not.

ROFL. I think one thing we can ALL agree on is thank god that guy is out of our organization. I like that we can argue about the best approach to beating the best teams in the league instead of whether or not Bender and Chriss can coexist hahaha. No disrespect to bwgood in my comment I’m just enjoying a good win.
phx#7
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,316

Re: Game 24: Milwaukee Bucks (16-8) @ Phoenix Suns (14-9) l Wednesday l 8:00pm l ESPN l FSNAZ 

Post#402 » by phx#7 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:24 am

bwgood77 wrote:
Saberestar wrote:
Read on Twitter

That's funny, but not the most respectful..locker room material for them next time.

I doubt he intended it to sound as bad as it looks. Guessing he probably meant that a contested long 2 is what you hope for in that situation.
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,398

Post#403 » by SunsRback4Good » Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:24 am

Imagine if we lost this game, Ayton would receive a ton of flak for that bad pass off of an offensive rebound. I'm just glad we managed to come on top. If it wasnt for foul trouble Ayton would of had a 20/10 game.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,377

Post#404 » by bwgood77 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:25 am

SunsRback4Good wrote:BW is Earl Watson who was a former Suns coach I assumed you knew that? Guess not.

I may have just watched too much Cotton Fitzsimmons and Mike D'Antoni.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#405 » by bwgood77 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:26 am

SunsRback4Good wrote:Imagine if we lost this game, Ayton would receive a ton of flak for that bad pass off of an offensive rebound. I'm just glad we managed to come on top. If it wasnt for foul trouble Ayton would of had a 20/10 game.

Yeah, even though it was a bad shot and you rarely even get an offensive rebound. But yeah, the pass was bad..he usually doesn't make bad passes out of that...good play by Donte.

I don't know if they wanted him to pass it back out to work down 14 more seconds or not, but he should have just tried to score.
SunsRback4Good
RealGM

Post#406 » by SunsRback4Good » Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:27 am

Blonde wrote:
SunsRback4Good wrote:
Blonde wrote:You know better than every coach in the league I guess.

BW is Earl Watson who was a former Suns coach I assumed you knew that? Guess not.

ROFL. I think one thing we can ALL agree on is thank god that guy is out of our organization. I like that we can argue about the best approach to beating the best teams in the league instead of whether or not Bender and Chriss can coexist hahaha. No disrespect to bwgood in my comment I’m just enjoying a good win.

I'm glad we can get a nice little chuckle from all of this. BW is very knowledgeable though when it comes to basketball and I thoroughly enjoy reading his posts.
Jdiddy701
RealGM
And1: 6,542

Game 24: Milwaukee Bucks (16-8) @ Phoenix Suns (14-9) l Wednesday l 8:00pm l ESPN l FSNAZ 

Post#407 » by Jdiddy701 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:28 am

SunsRback4Good wrote:Imagine if we lost this game, Ayton would receive a ton of flak for that bad pass off of an offensive rebound. I'm just glad we managed to come on top. If it wasnt for foul trouble Ayton would of had a 20/10 game.

Agreed! Ayton froze once again after getting a huge offensive rebound late in the game. That has to stop. That turnover was HUGE. All he had to do was put it up and/or draw contact for a foul. It’s getting to the point If I’m Monty and Ayton gets a huge rebound, use a time out, almost nothing positive ever happens in a late game situation. I thought for sure that would cost us the game. Other than that, Ayton played really well, a bunch of weak ass calls against him, AS ALWAYS!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Blonde
Veteran

Post#408 » by Blonde » Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:29 am

Glad to see us close with Crowder tonight. I was getting a little worried that Monty would keep hiding him on the bench when he returned from injury. He’s earned the closer role over Cam for sure (Cam was also big in the 4th).
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#409 » by bwgood77 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:29 am

Blonde wrote:
SunsRback4Good wrote:
Blonde wrote:You know better than every coach in the league I guess.

No disrespect either way. We are here to debate sometimes. Obviously people know I don't like too much iso either. I do like that we are coming off screens more though...like that last shot tonight and the one the other day (even though some thought the screen was bad)..they were both good looks despite a defender closing in while he already had gone up for the shot.
Mulhollanddrive
RealGM
And1: 7,912

Post#410 » by Mulhollanddrive » Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:32 am

Playoff quality performance, just about all our guys played to our ideal prototype on how we become elite.

Can't do much to stop the no.1 ranked offense of all time by o-rating.

Thought Crowder showed his experience just making impact plays and probably is the guy to get more defensive responsibility next time.

Maybe would like some more sets run in the last minute or two but championships are usually iso in the last minute.
Blonde
Veteran

Post#411 » by Blonde » Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:33 am

A win vs Philly on Saturday would be a huge statement but almost feels a little too greedy to ask for.
sunsbg
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,016

Post#412 » by sunsbg » Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:34 am

In NBA maybe it's somewhat normal for one player to ISO and take all shots in final minutes. In all other leagues it's not. Still better to run actual plays to get that player open.
SunsRback4Good
RealGM

Post#413 » by SunsRback4Good » Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:35 am

bwgood77 wrote:

Yeah, even though it was a bad shot and you rarely even get an offensive rebound. But yeah, the pass was bad..he usually doesn't make bad passes out of that...good play by Donte.

I don't know if they wanted him to pass it back out to work down 14 more seconds or not, but he should have just tried to score.

If I was the opposition and Ayton got an offensive rebound, I'd immediately look for ways to steal the ball knowing 98% of the time he will throw it to CP3 or Booker. My hands would be pretty active once he secures an offensive board. Just wish he goes up with it and quits throwing it back.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#414 » by bwgood77 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:35 am

My favorite play may have been when a ball looked like it was for sure rolling out of bounds and Crowder dove on the floor and knocked it to Chris Paul (I think).
Golanator
Sixth Man
And1: 1,376

Post#415 » by Golanator » Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:36 am

bwgood77 wrote:
Saberestar wrote:
Read on Twitter

That's funny, but not the most respectful..locker room material for them next time.

I hope Giannis tries to show us by taking 26 19-footers next time.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#416 » by bwgood77 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:40 am

SunsRback4Good wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

If I was the opposition and Ayton got an offensive rebound, I'd immediately look for ways to steal the ball knowing 98% of the time he will throw it to CP3 or Booker. My hands would be pretty active once he secures an offensive board. Just wish he goes up with it and quits throwing it back.

C'mon, most of his offensive boards he puts right back.

Most of the time he passes (or passed) it out was when someone passed it to him he would then pass it to an open 3 pointer (though he's not been doing it as much and has been shooting and driving more as of late).

Both Giannis and Lopez were right there but Ayton had position inside of them so without a doubt he should have taken it back up. Not sure what he was thinking unless Book was yelling for it or they wanted to burn another 14 seconds, but it was probably just a boneheaded decision. But it's weird..he hasn't been doing that often as of late with an offensive board...especially that close.
Jdiddy701
RealGM
And1: 6,542

Post#417 » by Jdiddy701 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:40 am

Question for you guys: what do the Suns do when Payne comes back? I can’t see Monty going away from Moore. I do prefer Payne but I guess you have to ride what’s working for you. It’s a good problem to have, I guess? Thoughts?

SunsRback4Good
RealGM

Post#418 » by SunsRback4Good » Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:41 am

Jdiddy701 wrote:

Agreed! Ayton froze once again after getting a huge offensive rebound late in the game. That has to stop. That turnover was HUGE. All he had to do was put it up and/or draw contact for a foul. It’s getting to the point If I’m Monty and Ayton gets a huge rebound, use a time out, almost nothing positive ever happens in a late game situation. I thought for sure that would cost us the game. Other than that, Ayton played really well, a bunch of weak ass calls against him, AS ALWAYS!

Ayton is such a great shooter either call a timeout or go up with it, worst thing he misses and we aet our defense still up 5 points with a minute remaining. Instead he threw straight down the middle to DiVicenzo for a fast break three pointer. Just glad Suns are finally winning close games. If this was two weeks ago against the nuggets we would lose the challenge when the ball hit Lopez's fingertips after Crowder kicked the ball near the end of the game.
SunsRback4Good
RealGM

Post#419 » by SunsRback4Good » Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:44 am

BW who knew mixing three of posters good luck charms would result in a huge win over a contender?
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#420 » by bwgood77 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:46 am

sunsbg wrote:In NBA maybe it's somewhat normal for one player to ISO and take all shots in final minutes. In all other leagues it's not. Still better to run actual plays to get that player open.

Yeah, I wish we had more set plays to run at the end. Euroleague, etc, play more fundamentally sound basketball.

Too many of today's players grew up watching Kobe...fans too which is why that is what many are used to.

I have just watched the Suns for so long that all of our really good teams have been extremely unselfish...the 88-92 Suns were incredibly fun to watch. 93-95 was great too, but Barkley slowed it down a little from our breakneck pace and allowing KJ to run it...kind of like Shaq playing with Nash.

Then SSOL again..unselfish ball...we would always find the open guy.

KJ, Kidd, Nash. I guess Marbury was semi-iso, but I didn't like that style as much.

Dragic ran plays too and had that pick and roll or pick and pop with Frye or passed it...but he had played in euroleague.

Bledsoe was another guy who liked to iso. I remember him dribbling the entire shot clock and then launching a 3. And IT loved the iso too.

Return to Phoenix Suns