ImageImageImage

Game 32: Phoenix Suns (20-11) @ Chicago Bulls (15-16) l Friday l 6:00pm l FSNAZ

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

How will we fare in next 10 games versus CHI, MIN, LAL, GS, POR, IND, MEM, MIN, MIN, LAL

Undefeated
11%
9-1
No votes
8-2
19%
7-3
52%
6-4
19%
5-5
No votes
4 games or less
No votes

Total votes: 27

SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,426

Game 32: Phoenix Suns (20-11) @ Chicago Bulls (15-16) l Friday l 6:00pm l FSNAZ 

Post#1 » by SunsRback4Good » Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:17 am

Who: Phoenix Suns @ Chicago Bulls

When: Friday, February 26th @ 6:00pm (8:00ET) FSNAZ

Where: United Center, Chicago, IL

Phoenix Suns starting lineup:

C- Ayton
F- Kaminsky
F- Bridges
G- Booker
G- CP3

Reserves: Cam/Crowder/Saric/Carter/Moore

Chicago Bulls starting lineup:

C- Carter
F- Williams
F- Temple
G- Lavine
G- White

Reserves: Young/Satoransky/Valentine/Kornet/Arcidiacono

GOOD LUCK CHARM!!!

Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 13,653

Re: Game 32: Phoenix Suns (20-11) @ Chicago Bulls (15-16) l Friday l 6:00pm l FSNAZ 

Post#2 » by Qwigglez » Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:29 pm

I hope Booker and Lavine both score 50. Should be a fun duel between them two.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,412

Re: Game 32: Phoenix Suns (20-11) @ Chicago Bulls (15-16) l Friday l 6:00pm l FSNAZ 

Post#3 » by bwgood77 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:10 pm

Calvin Klein looks good.
TouchPassDario
Pro Prospect
And1: 338

Post#4 » by TouchPassDario » Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:38 pm

Mikal will have his work cut out for him.

Lavine is literally a Lillard/Steph caliber offensive player. He’s easily better than the Booker/Tatum/Beal tier.

Zero chance Frank starts again.

I am guessing Monty turns to Jae to bang with PWill.
suns12345
Starter
And1: 1,612

Post#5 » by suns12345 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:05 am

TouchPassDario wrote:Mikal will have his work cut out for him.

Lavine is literally a Lillard/Steph caliber offensive player. He’s easily better than the Booker/Tatum/Beal tier.

Mmmm, I don't know that I agree with that.

He is having a good year no doubt, but this is his first efficient season. Beal is leading the league in scoring and Steph and Dame have been doing it for years.

Booker's offensive game is more refined for me, but Lavine is no doubt a more lethal outside shooting threat and probably a more explosive scorer right at the moment (on a worse team though don't forget)
TouchPassDario
Pro Prospect

Post#6 » by TouchPassDario » Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:10 am

I guess he is due for some regression.

But 65% TS on his volume is elite.
TouchPassDario
Pro Prospect

Post#7 » by TouchPassDario » Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:11 am

Luka getting GLOVE’d up by Simmons right now.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#8 » by bwgood77 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:47 am

suns12345 wrote:

He is having a good year no doubt, but this is his first efficient season. Beal is leading the league in scoring and Steph and Dame have been doing it for years.

Booker's offensive game is more refined for me, but Lavine is no doubt a more lethal outside shooting threat and probably a more explosive scorer right at the moment (on a worse team though don't forget)

LaVine is actually having a better year than all of those. Of course his career isn't as good, but he's on fire this year.
spanishninja
General Manager
And1: 6,137

Post#9 » by spanishninja » Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:21 am

bwgood77 wrote:
suns12345 wrote:

LaVine is actually having a better year than all of those. Of course his career isn't as good, but he's on fire this year.

He's the next Booker, but with the backing of a major media market in the East.
TouchPassDario
Pro Prospect

Post#10 » by TouchPassDario » Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:31 am

Book hasn’t got close to putting up 65 TS on this kinda volume. LaVine >
Jdiddy701
RealGM
And1: 6,542

Post#11 » by Jdiddy701 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:41 am

TouchPassDario wrote:Book hasn’t got close to putting up 65 TS on this kinda volume. LaVine >

How do I block you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SunsRback4Good
RealGM

Post#13 » by SunsRback4Good » Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:53 am

Jdiddy701 wrote:
TouchPassDario wrote:Book hasn’t got close to putting up 65 TS on this kinda volume. LaVine >

How do I block you?

Not sure but he kinda remind me of Maryvale who posted here 7+ years ago and annoyed people constantly.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#14 » by bwgood77 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:03 am

spanishninja wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
suns12345 wrote:

The last couple of years, Booker was more efficient overall, and much better from 2, but LaVine was better from 3...he was at around 37-38% while Book was at 32-35%....but the 2 pt% was significant to give Booker the better TS%..Booker also had 1-2 more assists, but more turnovers. LaVine was better at steals, blocks, etc, being the better athlete.

This year, though, LaVine has suddenly passed Booker from 2 at 58% (Book is still great at over 56%) but LaVine is shooting 44% from 3 (Book is better than usual from 3 at 38%, but not close there). So although Book has a nice TS% at almost 61%, LaVine is at 65.3%. He has passed him in assists too (though actually passed him in turnovers).

He's probably improved more defensively too, but that's not really what we should compare anyway...neither are very good.

Advanced #s pretty heavily favored Booker 2 years ago, but last year he wasn't too far ahead of LaVine, but this year LaVine is way ahead.

And of course he was picked as an all star, and I think the east was actually more competitive this year as better players overall were left out like Sabonis, Middleton, Bam, Butler, Harris as opposed to Booker, Conley, DeRozan..you could maybe throw Ingram in there and perhaps Fox or Ja but even SGA in the east has been better than those two.

It will be interesting to see if LaVine continues this. 44% from 3 doesn't seem sustainable but the 2pt% is probably more likely to stay. When Book jumped his 2pt% way up 2-3 years ago, it stuck.

The Bulls have a lot of good players. WCJ is starting to have good games. Markkanen is shooting 40% from 3...with the frontcourt rotation of Williams, Markkanen, Carter and a little bit of Thaddeus Young, that's solid.

Markkanen may be injured. He didn't play in the last one, so they started 3 guards, Williams and Carter Jr with Thaddeus Young off the bench.

They've won 3 in a row and 5 of 6. Basically the same record as the Hornets. They may not be a pushover.
spanishninja
General Manager
And1: 6,137

Post#15 » by spanishninja » Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:07 am

bwgood77 wrote:
spanishninja wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

The last couple of years, Booker was more efficient overall, and much better from 2, but LaVine was better from 3...he was at around 37-38% while Book was at 32-35%....but the 2 pt% was significant to give Booker the better TS%..Booker also had 1-2 more assists, but more turnovers. LaVine was better at steals, blocks, etc, being the better athlete.

This year, though, LaVine has suddenly passed Booker from 2 at 58% (Book is still great at over 56%) but LaVine is shooting 44% from 3 (Book is better than usual from 3 at 38%, but not close there). So although Book has a nice TS% at almost 61%, LaVine is at 65.3%. He has passed him in assists too (though actually passed him in turnovers).

He's probably improved more defensively too, but that's not really what we should compare anyway...neither are very good.

Advanced #s pretty heavily favored Booker 2 years ago, but last year he wasn't too far ahead of LaVine, but this year LaVine is way ahead.

And of course he was picked as an all star, and I think the east was actually more competitive this year as better players overall were left out like Sabonis, Middleton, Bam, Butler, Harris as opposed to Booker, Conley, DeRozan..you could maybe throw Ingram in there and perhaps Fox or Ja but even SGA in the east has been better than those two.

It will be interesting to see if LaVine continues this. 44% from 3 doesn't seem sustainable but the 2pt% is probably more likely to stay. When Book jumped his 2pt% way up 2-3 years ago, it stuck.

The Bulls have a lot of good players. WCJ is starting to have good games. Markkanen is shooting 40% from 3...with the frontcourt rotation of Williams, Markkanen, Carter and a little bit of Thaddeus Young, that's solid.

Markkanen may be injured. He didn't play in the last one, so they started 3 guards, Williams and Carter Jr with Thaddeus Young off the bench.

They've won 3 in a row and 5 of 6. Basically the same record as the Hornets. They may not be a pushover.

Yes, Lavine's improvement has mostly been from the 3. He's clearly worked on his shot. But Book is still more skilled because he can score from everywhere on the floor whereas Lavine almost completely avoids the midrange. Gotta say though, Lavine knows how to min/max his performance.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#16 » by bwgood77 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:11 am

Nobody has except for Curry. Lillard has been around 62% last year and this and Book 62% last year and 61% this year.

Career TS #s all about the same too. Lillard 58.1%, Booker 57.1% and LaVine 56.5%....Curry 62.4% for career...67.5% is his best...around 67% another year...65% this year.

Beal is actually lower than them all...59.1% this year and career 56.1%...but still close in both on higher volume than all of them.
cberry78
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,420

Post#17 » by cberry78 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:20 am

SunsRback4Good wrote:
Jdiddy701 wrote:

How do I block you?

Not sure but he kinda remind me of Maryvale who posted here 7+ years ago and annoyed people constantly.

THANK YOU! I knew he reminded me of someone back when I was a lurker!
"Never argue with an idiot. You'll never convince the idiot that you're correct, and bystanders won't be able to tell who's who." - Mark Twain
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#18 » by bwgood77 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:24 am

spanishninja wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
spanishninja wrote:

Yes, Lavine's improvement has mostly been from the 3. He's clearly worked on his shot. But Book is still more skilled because he can score from everywhere on the floor whereas Lavine almost completely avoids the midrange. Gotta say though, Lavine knows how to min/max his performance.

Yes, most of LaVine's 2 pt shots are at the rim..more than double Book's...and at a higher FG% (69.6% to 67.5%)....Book better from short and mid range, though LaVine is better between 16ft and the 3pt line...so long 2s.

But, with Bridges on him, compared to whoever they put on Booker (Garrett Temple?)....either him or White or LaVine...so Book does have a good chance to outplay him...unless Ayton switches onto him repeatedly of course. He LOVES to go to the rim.
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,809

Post#19 » by Saberestar » Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:53 am

Read on Twitter
SunsRback4Good
RealGM

Post#20 » by SunsRback4Good » Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:01 am

cberry78 wrote:
SunsRback4Good wrote:
Jdiddy701 wrote:How do I block you?

THANK YOU! I knew he reminded me of someone back when I was a lurker!

Took about 15 minutes but found one of his many gems.

Gorilla warfare

"Sorry to create yet another new thread on here, but did anyone else see that the Raptors may be trading Marcus Banks to the Mavs for Matt Carroll? If that goes through then Marcus Banks will have been traded to the Heat, Raptors, and Mavs with Shawn Marion. I just find that to be funny and quite ironic. By now Banks and Marion should be best friends seeings as they are traveling buddies".

MaryvalesFinest

"Call me crazy but I'd rather have him as a starter over Nash, he's a very good defensive player and would be a good guard next to J-Rich".

Return to Phoenix Suns