ImageImageImage

Game 42: Phoenix Suns (28-13) @ Miami Heat (22-21) l Tuesday l 5:00pm l FSAZ

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Blonde
Veteran
And1: 3,723

Re: Game 42: Phoenix Suns (28-13) @ Miami Heat (22-21) l Tuesday l 5:00pm l FSAZ 

Post#241 » by Blonde » Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:34 am

We have 7 very winnable games in a row after tonight before we play Utah. Could be a battle for first seed in the West.
Jesus_H_Macy
Rookie
And1: 1,074

Re: Game 42: Phoenix Suns (28-13) @ Miami Heat (22-21) l Tuesday l 5:00pm l FSAZ 

Post#242 » by Jesus_H_Macy » Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:42 am

bwgood77 wrote:
Jesus_H_Macy wrote:Craig looking very handy. Another sneaky solid pickup for Jones. We still need another big, but in the tiny sample size we have so far I don’t regret him using that roster spot on Craig at all

No one has really mentioned it but if they think they can keep him on a minimum, it might make Nader expendable if we need to cut someone for a big. I'd rather keep Nader but just another possibility.

What sucks (in a good way) is there isn’t anyone on the team I wouldn’t have a bad feeling about cutting. The only player on the team on a non-2way that hasn’t really contributed anything is Smith, but it’s hard to say if that’s not just because he gets no burn. Carter has contributed the least besides him, but he’s on a multi-year. Moore has given us good minutes but if someone was just going to get outright cut to open a roster spot I’d expect it to be him. I’d feel dirty afterwards though. I suppose we could also cut Frank but that would feel even worse because of his contributions this year.

I’m a Nader fan but he’s the boneheaded-est dude on the team. He probably has some trade value though, unlike Moore, so maybe there is a deal out there for him and a contributing big? Nader for McGee, bonehead for bonehead? Sometimes Nader is the only guy on the team who’s willing to take it to the rack though. I genuinely like all of our players for one reason or another this season, but we need another contributing big if we want to make some real noise in the playoffs this year. Someone that’ll make dudes scared to come in the paint.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,365

Post#243 » by bwgood77 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:54 am

It's probably good they didn't trade for Lowry before we played....this "Big 3" could be formidable....all 2 way players and good passers.

Read on Twitter
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#244 » by bwgood77 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:00 am

Jesus_H_Macy wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Jesus_H_Macy wrote:Craig looking very handy. Another sneaky solid pickup for Jones. We still need another big, but in the tiny sample size we have so far I don’t regret him using that roster spot on Craig at all

No one has really mentioned it but if they think they can keep him on a minimum, it might make Nader expendable if we need to cut someone for a big. I'd rather keep Nader but just another possibility.

What sucks (in a good way) is there isn’t anyone on the team I wouldn’t have a bad feeling about cutting. The only player on the team on a non-2way that hasn’t really contributed anything is Smith, but it’s hard to say if that’s not just because he gets no burn. Carter has contributed the least besides him, but he’s on a multi-year. Moore has given us good minutes but if someone was just going to get outright cut to open a roster spot I’d expect it to be him. I’d feel dirty afterwards though. I suppose we could also cut Frank but that would feel even worse because of his contributions this year.

I’m a Nader fan but he’s the boneheaded-est dude on the team. He probably has some trade value though, unlike Moore, so maybe there is a deal out there for him and a contributing big? Nader for McGee, bonehead for bonehead? Sometimes Nader is the only guy on the team who’s willing to take it to the rack though. I genuinely like all of our players for one reason or another this season, but we need another contributing big if we want to make some real noise in the playoffs this year. Someone that’ll make dudes scared to come in the paint.

Ultimately I would easily trade Carter for a top 55 second rounder if possible. I would have never given him that deal though. I don't think we need his money on our cap. I doubt anyone would want him though.

Moore probably makes the most sense after that. But they may have sold him on signing here...I know he's a good locker room, great teammate, will do whatever. I do wonder if Galloway got hurt and that's why Moore played...Moore never looked particularly good but we played great while he was getting time...and then he finally had a really good game and that was his last one. So it was weird..Galloway balling...then he sits...Moore plays and we go on a big run like best record over a span...his #s didn't look good but I think he was more a team guy, then after his best personal game, he sits (injured?). Does Monty just want to keep both fresh? Did he promise them? Are they beating out each other in practice?

Anyway, Moore would be next. Then Nader. It would be nice to keep Nader but I don't think he's more than a minimum player and we have plenty of depth there, especially if we can keep Craig on a minimum.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,660

Post#245 » by WeekapaugGroove » Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:03 am

LV-Suns wrote:
grumpysaddle wrote:I like keeping Craig over Nader, if they're making a move for another big.

Looks like Nader wasn't even dressed today. He got some gold chain on his neck. Wonder if he is hurt.
He was on the injury report with a sore knee

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#246 » by bwgood77 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:05 am

Jdiddy701 wrote:Anybody watching the post game? Chambers and EJ talking about the same things that get talked about on this board. TC made a comment that the Suns have to be frustrated that they don’t consistently get this DA every game. We all want DA to be great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I'd love for him to be this great every night. But he won't be. Players have off games, and he's young. Doncic has a lot of off or bad games. It happens. As long as he keeps progressing and continues to have more games like this until they just become an every day thing. It would be nice by the end of the season, but it's more likely he has his off games or games he gets into foul trouble, or just has a tough matchup or an off shooting night, etc.

I think it will definitely come next year though after a year of growth post COVID and a taste of the playoffs, with an offseason of focus and prep.
Jesus_H_Macy
Rookie

Post#247 » by Jesus_H_Macy » Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:12 am

bwgood77 wrote:
Jesus_H_Macy wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

Ultimately I would easily trade Carter for a top 55 second rounder if possible. I would have never given him that deal though. I don't think we need his money on our cap. I doubt anyone would want him though.

Moore probably makes the most sense after that. But they may have sold him on signing here...I know he's a good locker room, great teammate, will do whatever. I do wonder if Galloway got hurt and that's why Moore played...Moore never looked particularly good but we played great while he was getting time...and then he finally had a really good game and that was his last one. So it was weird..Galloway balling...then he sits...Moore plays and we go on a big run like best record over a span...his #s didn't look good but I think he was more a team guy, then after his best personal game, he sits (injured?). Does Monty just want to keep both fresh? Did he promise them? Are they beating out each other in practice?

Anyway, Moore would be next. Then Nader. It would be nice to keep Nader but I don't think he's more than a minimum player and we have plenty of depth there, especially if we can keep Craig on a minimum.

I really loved Bubble Carter but I don’t know if that player will ever come back again. Whenever he’s played this season it looks like he thinks he’s out there to score. It’s nice if he does, but all we really need him to do on offense is spot up in the corners. I don’t remember seeing that dog defense from him at any point this year. Maybe we shouldn’t give up on him yet, but I agree that if we could get some team to take him for any kind of asset without taking back any salary (maybe even without any asset) that would be the move. Seems very unlikely though, and I wouldn’t want to pay anything to dump him unless whoever else we would get to fill his spot would be really worth it.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,156

Post#248 » by Revived » Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:13 am

Read on Twitter

I think Monty hits it on point here. If he comes with this level of defensive focus even on nights where he’s offensively (happens to all players) then it’s just a complete game changer for the Suns.

It elevates the Suns to having a championship caliber defense imo because him being this great on that end alongside other elite defenders like Bridges/Crowder/CP3 and Booker who is trying harder on that end make it way too difficult on opposing offenses.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,660

Post#249 » by WeekapaugGroove » Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:16 am

Read on Twitter

That pass by Cam.. damn

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
irish22022
Senior
And1: 517

Post#250 » by irish22022 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:32 am

I disagree with some of the saric hate for these last couple games. We basically run the offense through him with that bench unit from the post. He plays back to the basket point guard for many possessions, and that allows the offense to move into a weird version of a monty triangle. He's not hitting shots, and he needs to hit a few from the post to make it more dangerous, but he's pretty invaluable when he's in that group.
Mjee
Starter
And1: 2,160

Post#251 » by Mjee » Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:43 am

What a great game by our Suns !!!!!

Well done DA .... great performance
cberry78
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,420

Post#252 » by cberry78 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:46 am

WeekapaugGroove wrote:
Read on Twitter

That pass by Cam.. damn

Love that little hop of excitement by DA on the dunk.
"Never argue with an idiot. You'll never convince the idiot that you're correct, and bystanders won't be able to tell who's who." - Mark Twain
Jesus_H_Macy
Rookie

Post#253 » by Jesus_H_Macy » Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:02 am

irish22022 wrote:I disagree with some of the saric hate for these last couple games. We basically run the offense through him with that bench unit from the post. He plays back to the basket point guard for many possessions, and that allows the offense to move into a weird version of a monty triangle. He's not hitting shots, and he needs to hit a few from the post to make it more dangerous, but he's pretty invaluable when he's in that group.

Not sure about others, but my gripe with his play lately is less to do with O (even though he hasn’t been great there) and more to do with his lack of post D, lack of rebounding, and turnovers/fouls. He just hasn’t been playing well. I’m sure he’ll turn it back around at some point though. When he’s playing crappy it really exposes our big man problem. Even a fully functioning Dario isn’t really starting caliber at the C, though he can usually hold his own down in the post and play solid D, but nanny Dario just leaves us with nada besides Ayton. If Ayton and Dario both have a bad game on the same night you wind up with things like an L to the worst team in the league...
irish22022
Senior

Post#254 » by irish22022 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:31 am

Jesus_H_Macy wrote:
irish22022 wrote:I disagree with some of the saric hate for these last couple games. We basically run the offense through him with that bench unit from the post. He plays back to the basket point guard for many possessions, and that allows the offense to move into a weird version of a monty triangle. He's not hitting shots, and he needs to hit a few from the post to make it more dangerous, but he's pretty invaluable when he's in that group.

Not sure about others, but my gripe with his play lately is less to do with O (even though he hasn’t been great there) and more to do with his lack of post D, lack of rebounding, and turnovers/fouls. He just hasn’t been playing well. I’m sure he’ll turn it back around at some point though. When he’s playing crappy it really exposes our big man problem. Even a fully functioning Dario isn’t really starting caliber at the C, though he can usually hold his own down in the post and play solid D, but nanny Dario just leaves us with nada besides Ayton. If Ayton and Dario both have a bad game on the same night you wind up with things like an L to the worst team in the league...

Yeah, I see that. I think Frank should get some burn in there. I don't really like any of the buyout players, I don't think they'll matter. I hope jalen smith gets up to 7 mpg by the playoffs.
starbosa10
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,132

Post#255 » by starbosa10 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:06 am

That's what I like to see from Ayton. Monty has it right. The thing with DA is when he is locked and fired up he has such great potential so the stretches of bad games are frustrating because we all see what he is capable of
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,613

Post#256 » by lilfishi22 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:19 am

irish22022 wrote:
Jesus_H_Macy wrote:

Yeah, I see that. I think Frank should get some burn in there. I don't really like any of the buyout players, I don't think they'll matter. I hope jalen smith gets up to 7 mpg by the playoffs.

I don't think you'll see any Jalen Smith unless it's a blow out and he gets some garbage minutes. But even if you don't like the potential buyout players, they are likely going to be getting more PT in the playoffs than a rookie who has barely seen even garbage time in the regular season.
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
irish22022
Senior

Post#257 » by irish22022 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:44 am

lilfishi22 wrote:
irish22022 wrote:
Jesus_H_Macy wrote:

I don't think you'll see any Jalen Smith unless it's a blow out and he gets some garbage minutes. But even if you don't like the potential buyout players, they are likely going to be getting more PT in the playoffs than a rookie who has barely seen even garbage time in the regular season.

I just don't like the buyout players enough to cut someone else on this team, that's all.
sunsbg
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,016

Post#258 » by sunsbg » Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:13 am

Nice game by Ayton, nowhere near one of the best in his career. They were simply force-feeding him in the 1st for a change. Adebayo was not a great challenge either scoring most of his points with DA on the bench. IMO he played better in those Nuggets games outplaying Jokic. Still issues with establishing position which shows there is much room for improvement.
Barkley6
Veteran
And1: 2,406

Post#259 » by Barkley6 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:50 am

bwgood77 wrote:
Jesus_H_Macy wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

I kind of wondered about this too, and in the post match of that first game when Galloway came back into the rotation, Gallo said he went to talk to Monty about playing time and Monty said "you're going to get an opportunity tonight". It made me wonder if MAYBE Moore quietly asked for a trade, because he had just played very well and it seemed super strange that Monty would just yank him.

Galloway's first game back was March 16th, and then we added Craig on the 18th. Kind of made a lot of us wonder if that meant another move, but with Moore getting benched and then the move being made shortly after, I do wonder if he's being shopped.
Barkley6
Veteran
And1: 2,406

Post#260 » by Barkley6 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:52 am

irish22022 wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:
irish22022 wrote:

I just don't like the buyout players enough to cut someone else on this team, that's all.

I like all of our guys too, but let's be serious, if LMA wanted to come here and all it took was cutting Moore....that's a no brainer move for a GM.

Return to Phoenix Suns