ImageImageImage

Game 42: Phoenix Suns (28-13) @ Miami Heat (22-21) l Tuesday l 5:00pm l FSAZ

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Bogyo
Analyst
And1: 2,254

Re: Game 42: Phoenix Suns (28-13) @ Miami Heat (22-21) l Tuesday l 5:00pm l FSAZ 

Post#261 » by Bogyo » Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:49 pm

Barkley6 wrote:
irish22022 wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:I don't think you'll see any Jalen Smith unless it's a blow out and he gets some garbage minutes. But even if you don't like the potential buyout players, they are likely going to be getting more PT in the playoffs than a rookie who has barely seen even garbage time in the regular season.

I just don't like the buyout players enough to cut someone else on this team, that's all.

I like all of our guys too, but let's be serious, if LMA wanted to come here and all it took was cutting Moore....that's a no brainer move for a GM.

Heck, I'd say I'd even cut him for McGee. And I don't even like McGee, and I do like Moore. It's just that the athletic big off the bench is such a huge hole on our team, especially when we'll be in the playoffs against Jokic/Gobert/DA and Co, while the bench swing/guard is properly filled with one less player too. They will not be getting any (real) minutes in the playoffs anyways. 8-9 man rotations, Book and Mikal playing 40ish minutes most likely, not much time at the 2/3 spot.
Barkley6
Veteran
And1: 2,406

Re: Game 42: Phoenix Suns (28-13) @ Miami Heat (22-21) l Tuesday l 5:00pm l FSAZ 

Post#262 » by Barkley6 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:07 pm

Bogyo wrote:
Barkley6 wrote:
irish22022 wrote:
I just don't like the buyout players enough to cut someone else on this team, that's all.

I like all of our guys too, but let's be serious, if LMA wanted to come here and all it took was cutting Moore....that's a no brainer move for a GM.

Heck, I'd say I'd even cut him for McGee. And I don't even like McGee, and I do like Moore. It's just that the athletic big off the bench is such a huge hole on our team, especially when we'll be in the playoffs against Jokic/Gobert/DA and Co, while the bench swing/guard is properly filled with one less player too. They will not be getting any (real) minutes in the playoffs anyways. 8-9 man rotations, Book and Mikal playing 40ish minutes most likely, not much time at the 2/3 spot.

Yeah I fully agree that we need a big way more than an extra guard. I don't necessarily WANT to cut Moore, because I do see him getting some burn if CP3 or Payne went down with an injury, because I don't really trust Carter to play significant minutes as a PG. But the current hole on the roster is backup big. Kaminsky, Saric and Ayton have all struggled at times in various aspects of their games, and when foul trouble or injuries hit we have no one to go to.
Bogyo
Analyst

Post#263 » by Bogyo » Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:11 pm

Barkley6 wrote:
Bogyo wrote:
Barkley6 wrote:

Yeah I fully agree that we need a big way more than an extra guard. I don't necessarily WANT to cut Moore, because I do see him getting some burn if CP3 or Payne went down with an injury, because I don't really trust Carter to play significant minutes as a PG. But the current hole on the roster is backup big. Kaminsky, Saric and Ayton have all struggled at times in various aspects of their games, and when foul trouble or injuries hit we have no one to go to.

So let's just hope JJ does the right thing. I'll complain about it if he doesnt - even if that might offend some people.
Fo-Real
General Manager
And1: 4,913

Post#264 » by Fo-Real » Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:10 pm

Saberestar wrote:
Read on Twitter

WAS AMAZING!!!
Fo-Real
General Manager

Post#265 » by Fo-Real » Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:16 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
Jdiddy701 wrote:Devin Booker is so flipping good man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He really is a great scorer, particularly from midrange and in.

Overlooked on THE WHOLE SEASON is how he has focused on improving his defensive effort!!! He is no world beater by any means, but Book has no doubt been challenged to, or challenged himself to give plus EFFORT on the defensive side of the ball!! The fact that its not the topic of conversation here says a lot. Like a good offensive lineman in football, "if there is no chatter about him, it means he is doing his job"!!! Book has bought in!!!
Fo-Real
General Manager

Post#266 » by Fo-Real » Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:19 pm

lilfishi22 wrote:Ayton having a phenomenal game

This version of DA makes us **** SCARY!!!
Fo-Real
General Manager

Post#267 » by Fo-Real » Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:23 pm

LV-Suns wrote:Cam Johnson with those timely 3s.

Love Cam!!! Kid has ice water in them veins!!!! Does it without all the bull **** chest thumping, like he is just doing what he is SUPPOSED TO DO!!!
Fo-Real
General Manager

Post#268 » by Fo-Real » Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:30 pm

Barkley6 wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:Cam x2 have been nice this game. Solid contributions

Love that even though Payne's 3 ball isn't falling he's finding ways to score and contribute.

Exactly!!
Fo-Real
General Manager

Post#269 » by Fo-Real » Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:32 pm

lilfishi22 wrote:ooooo Cam Slam

Sneaky athleticism

We miss him when he is out, he changes a lot of games!!!
DroughtsOverPHX
Junior
And1: 357

Post#270 » by DroughtsOverPHX » Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:48 pm

Holy Spit. It's after the all-star break, we have the 2nd best record in the league and just won an away game that we thought was a measuring stick. PLUS we have not really established our rotation. DA is the most important player on the team. The league is starting to fear him and stay out of the lane. He has had some freaking man rebounds lately too not just the little tap-it-to-myself stuff.

Dario remains a keeper and understands the game as good as anyone on the team other than maybe Paul. He's the only banger we have. I'd rather have his versatility than an athletic dunker. He'll come out of his slump. I don't like Dario at backup center but he plays with heart and will do until Jalen gets his NBA thing going.
RunDogGun
No Sham, More Cam
And1: 5,437

Post#271 » by RunDogGun » Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:59 pm

Fo-Real wrote:
Saberestar wrote:
Read on Twitter

WAS AMAZING!!!

And got the ball after the block. His shot is nice this year as well.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,483

Post#272 » by bwgood77 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:46 pm

Barkley6 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Jesus_H_Macy wrote:
What sucks (in a good way) is there isn’t anyone on the team I wouldn’t have a bad feeling about cutting. The only player on the team on a non-2way that hasn’t really contributed anything is Smith, but it’s hard to say if that’s not just because he gets no burn. Carter has contributed the least besides him, but he’s on a multi-year. Moore has given us good minutes but if someone was just going to get outright cut to open a roster spot I’d expect it to be him. I’d feel dirty afterwards though. I suppose we could also cut Frank but that would feel even worse because of his contributions this year.

I’m a Nader fan but he’s the boneheaded-est dude on the team. He probably has some trade value though, unlike Moore, so maybe there is a deal out there for him and a contributing big? Nader for McGee, bonehead for bonehead? Sometimes Nader is the only guy on the team who’s willing to take it to the rack though. I genuinely like all of our players for one reason or another this season, but we need another contributing big if we want to make some real noise in the playoffs this year. Someone that’ll make dudes scared to come in the paint.

Ultimately I would easily trade Carter for a top 55 second rounder if possible. I would have never given him that deal though. I don't think we need his money on our cap. I doubt anyone would want him though.

Moore probably makes the most sense after that. But they may have sold him on signing here...I know he's a good locker room, great teammate, will do whatever. I do wonder if Galloway got hurt and that's why Moore played...Moore never looked particularly good but we played great while he was getting time...and then he finally had a really good game and that was his last one. So it was weird..Galloway balling...then he sits...Moore plays and we go on a big run like best record over a span...his #s didn't look good but I think he was more a team guy, then after his best personal game, he sits (injured?). Does Monty just want to keep both fresh? Did he promise them? Are they beating out each other in practice?

Anyway, Moore would be next. Then Nader. It would be nice to keep Nader but I don't think he's more than a minimum player and we have plenty of depth there, especially if we can keep Craig on a minimum.

I kind of wondered about this too, and in the post match of that first game when Galloway came back into the rotation, Gallo said he went to talk to Monty about playing time and Monty said "you're going to get an opportunity tonight". It made me wonder if MAYBE Moore quietly asked for a trade, because he had just played very well and it seemed super strange that Monty would just yank him.

Galloway's first game back was March 16th, and then we added Craig on the 18th. Kind of made a lot of us wonder if that meant another move, but with Moore getting benched and then the move being made shortly after, I do wonder if he's being shopped.

Almost sounds like Monty was thinking about playing Galloway soon and when Galloway talked to him he knew he was likely frustrated not playing so he nipped in the bud telling him he'd play that night and knew Moore would be a pro about it.

It's clear Monty has pre-set 10 man rotations every night and he sticks with it no matter what. I am not positive that's always the best strategy. If Galloway or Saric were to struggle and the team seemed to be struggling due to it, I don't see why you don't put in Moore and/or Kaminsky to maybe inject some different energy..or even Carter...though I think they did it with Carter recently once.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#273 » by bwgood77 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:51 pm

Fo-Real wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Jdiddy701 wrote:Devin Booker is so flipping good man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He really is a great scorer, particularly from midrange and in.

Overlooked on THE WHOLE SEASON is how he has focused on improving his defensive effort!!! He is no world beater by any means, but Book has no doubt been challenged to, or challenged himself to give plus EFFORT on the defensive side of the ball!! The fact that its not the topic of conversation here says a lot. Like a good offensive lineman in football, "if there is no chatter about him, it means he is doing his job"!!! Book has bought in!!!

He's definitely made some nice plays, like those chase down blocks after turnovers. He can be pretty solid 1 on 1 at times. The help and team defense still need work though. But yeah, you can see more effort at times.
Bogyo
Analyst

Post#274 » by Bogyo » Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:45 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
Barkley6 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Ultimately I would easily trade Carter for a top 55 second rounder if possible. I would have never given him that deal though. I don't think we need his money on our cap. I doubt anyone would want him though.

Moore probably makes the most sense after that. But they may have sold him on signing here...I know he's a good locker room, great teammate, will do whatever. I do wonder if Galloway got hurt and that's why Moore played...Moore never looked particularly good but we played great while he was getting time...and then he finally had a really good game and that was his last one. So it was weird..Galloway balling...then he sits...Moore plays and we go on a big run like best record over a span...his #s didn't look good but I think he was more a team guy, then after his best personal game, he sits (injured?). Does Monty just want to keep both fresh? Did he promise them? Are they beating out each other in practice?

Anyway, Moore would be next. Then Nader. It would be nice to keep Nader but I don't think he's more than a minimum player and we have plenty of depth there, especially if we can keep Craig on a minimum.

I kind of wondered about this too, and in the post match of that first game when Galloway came back into the rotation, Gallo said he went to talk to Monty about playing time and Monty said "you're going to get an opportunity tonight". It made me wonder if MAYBE Moore quietly asked for a trade, because he had just played very well and it seemed super strange that Monty would just yank him.

Galloway's first game back was March 16th, and then we added Craig on the 18th. Kind of made a lot of us wonder if that meant another move, but with Moore getting benched and then the move being made shortly after, I do wonder if he's being shopped.

Almost sounds like Monty was thinking about playing Galloway soon and when Galloway talked to him he knew he was likely frustrated not playing so he nipped in the bud telling him he'd play that night and knew Moore would be a pro about it.

It's clear Monty has pre-set 10 man rotations every night and he sticks with it no matter what. I am not positive that's always the best strategy. If Galloway or Saric were to struggle and the team seemed to be struggling due to it, I don't see why you don't put in Moore and/or Kaminsky to maybe inject some different energy..or even Carter...though I think they did it with Carter recently once.

This is why I'm saying (especially lately, after the Craig pickup) that we might be "too deep" - if there is such thing, and that it would be nice to consolidate some of that into a more important/more useful or impactful player who could help our playoff run.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#275 » by bwgood77 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:49 pm

Bogyo wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Barkley6 wrote:

This is why I'm saying (especially lately, after the Craig pickup) that we might be "too deep" - if there is such thing, and that it would be nice to consolidate some of that into a more important/more useful or impactful player who could help our playoff run.

Makes sense except that most playoff teams are not getting rid of useful players and most non playoff teams maybe willing to trade a guy like McGee would have no use or care to get Moore, Galloway, Nader, Kaminsky, etc.

Now if Philly had a 3rd big behind Howard or something, they could probably use the depth with guys like this in other areas, but I don't think they do.

Or even a team like the Bucks.

Unfortunately, when it comes to trades and teams needing bigs, teams like the Celtics and Raptors probably have a bigger need and are more willing to give up something of value.
Jarlaxle0204
Sixth Man
And1: 2,091

Post#276 » by Jarlaxle0204 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:57 pm

sunsbg wrote:Nice game by Ayton, nowhere near one of the best in his career. They were simply force-feeding him in the 1st for a change. Adebayo was not a great challenge either scoring most of his points with DA on the bench. IMO he played better in those Nuggets games outplaying Jokic. Still issues with establishing position which shows there is much room for improvement.

It wasn't his offense that I found so impressive last night but his defense.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,642

Post#277 » by lilfishi22 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:46 pm

Fo-Real wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:ooooo Cam Slam

Sneaky athleticism

We miss him when he is out, he changes a lot of games!!!

Having him out there just changes our offense so much. We go from a relatively predicable Booker/CP3 run offense to one where there's way more movement because Cam is such a great catch and shoot threat and he's always moving. More opportunities open up for everyone just because the defense has to focus on where Cam is and when Cam drags defenses away, there's gaps to exploit.

He's basically what JJ Reddick has built his career on and the fact that Cam can now put it on the floor after a simple pump fake opens up our offense even more
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
wheezy
Rookie
And1: 556

Post#278 » by wheezy » Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:45 am

Blonde wrote:We have 7 very winnable games in a row after tonight before we play Utah. Could be a battle for first seed in the league.

ftfy

Return to Phoenix Suns