ImageImageImage

Game 44: Phoenix Suns (29-14) @ Toronto Raptors (18-26) l Friday l 4:30pm l FSNAZ

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

What team won the trade deadline

Blazers
No votes
Clippers
No votes
Heat
27%
Nuggets
60%
Mavs
7%
Celtics
7%
Lakers
No votes

Total votes: 15

JohnWall2
Junior
And1: 249

Re: Game 44: Phoenix Suns (29-14) @ Toronto Raptors (18-26) l Friday l 4:30pm l FSNAZ 

Post#241 » by JohnWall2 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:16 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
irish22022 wrote:This is related to the iso complaints, but does anyone else cringe when devin booker demands the ball in the last 1:30? I know he's hit a couple big shots but more often than not he **** up pretty bad.

Yes, we need to stick to our regular offense with motion and ball movement. Booker's turnovers come when he holds onto it and gets trapped and then tries to pass or takes a bad shot.

CP3 needs to handle the ball at the end of games. I don't mind Book taking a last shot if it's a set play like we did against Dallas.
Yeah this. Plus he would be more effective with sets anyway when he gets the ball because the defense won't be able to key in on him as much, it's really selfish what he does at the end of games.

CP to be fair wasn't much better yesterday, they need to stop that garbage it's not 1 v 5. Booker wasn't even looking to pass at all on some of those final possessions. This will cost us games moving forward.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,461

Re: Game 44: Phoenix Suns (29-14) @ Toronto Raptors (18-26) l Friday l 4:30pm l FSNAZ 

Post#242 » by bwgood77 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:22 pm

JohnWall2 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
irish22022 wrote:This is related to the iso complaints, but does anyone else cringe when devin booker demands the ball in the last 1:30? I know he's hit a couple big shots but more often than not he **** up pretty bad.

Yes, we need to stick to our regular offense with motion and ball movement. Booker's turnovers come when he holds onto it and gets trapped and then tries to pass or takes a bad shot.

CP3 needs to handle the ball at the end of games. I don't mind Book taking a last shot if it's a set play like we did against Dallas.
Yeah this. Plus he would be more effective with sets anyway when he gets the ball because the defense won't be able to key in on him as much, it's really selfish what he does at the end of games.

CP to be fair wasn't much better yesterday, they need to stop that garbage it's not 1 v 5. Booker wasn't even looking to pass at all on some of those final possessions. This will cost us games moving forward.

We just have much higher % looks...I mean Cam and Mikal from 3 (or possibly Crowder if he's in), a Bridges cut, an Ayton easy bucket, etc.

Now if you are trying to run down the clock and milk a lead, it gets trickier but you should still try to utilize your offense in some capacity.

But the reason we give up leads is often because we do this. It completely takes everyone else out of their groove as they watch, and then there is too much pressure and defensive focus on Book (or Paul)...but Paul can often get more open mid range shots because people know he is a threat to pass. I am sure the scouting report says Booker will not pass but shoot at the end...if he passes before he gets the double, or when the help D is coming and finds the shooter, it would likely catch the other team off guard.
JohnWall2
Junior
And1: 249

Post#243 » by JohnWall2 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:37 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
JohnWall2 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

We just have much higher % looks...I mean Cam and Mikal from 3 (or possibly Crowder if he's in), a Bridges cut, an Ayton easy bucket, etc.

Now if you are trying to run down the clock and milk a lead, it gets trickier but you should still try to utilize your offense in some capacity.

But the reason we give up leads is often because we do this. It completely takes everyone else out of their groove as they watch, and then there is too much pressure and defensive focus on Book (or Paul)...but Paul can often get more open mid range shots because people know he is a threat to pass. I am sure the scouting report says Booker will not pass but shoot at the end...if he passes before he gets the double, or when the help D is coming and finds the shooter, it would likely catch the other team off guard.
Yep exactly, agree 100%. For us fans of ball and off ball movement, it is painful to watch us down the stretch playing this type of way.
Calvin Klein
RealGM
And1: 7,683

Post#244 » by Calvin Klein » Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:24 am

sasquatchBob wrote:
Calvin Klein wrote:Nice win. Any win on the road against a tough team like the Raptors is good.

Too bad NOLA is choking against Denver.

I just clicked on you signature link. Is that your band?

Yes! Maybe I should make it clear in the signature :D
sasquatchBob
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,450

Post#245 » by sasquatchBob » Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:52 am

Calvin Klein wrote:
sasquatchBob wrote:
Calvin Klein wrote:Nice win. Any win on the road against a tough team like the Raptors is good.

Too bad NOLA is choking against Denver.

I just clicked on you signature link. Is that your band?

Yes! Maybe I should make it clear in the signature :D

Good music. I like it!
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,420

Post#246 » by Revived » Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:04 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
Revived wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Too bad not a single one of them has the balls to ask Monty about it.

Yeah, so many softball questions. Wish we had someone at the Athletic like Popper.

We used to have Gina Mizell but not sure she works for the Athletic any more.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,461

Post#247 » by bwgood77 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:55 pm

Revived wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Revived wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Too bad not a single one of them has the balls to ask Monty about it.

Yeah, so many softball questions. Wish we had someone at the Athletic like Popper.

We used to have Gina Mizell but not sure she works for the Athletic any more.

She was good...was going to mention...but they let her go when they let a bunch of people go. She works for the Suns now.
King4Day
RealGM
And1: 9,224

Post#248 » by King4Day » Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:01 pm

Portland won a close one in Toronto too last night. Just because teams are bad doesn't mean they will always roll over.
We have things to fix but it's not like we're the only ones with issues putting away bad teams.
"Sometimes, the dragon wins" #RallyTheValley
RunDogGun
No Sham, More Cam
And1: 5,437

Post#249 » by RunDogGun » Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:59 pm

King4Day wrote:Portland won a close one in Toronto too last night. Just because teams are bad doesn't mean they will always roll over.
We have things to fix but it's not like we're the only ones with issues putting away bad teams.

I am not sure it matters if we are the only ones having issues beating teams we should easily beat. We have to win the easy games, because the schedule will get tougher. A few games here and there will affect seeding, and there really isn't room to lose those games.

Return to Phoenix Suns