ImageImageImage

Game 45: The Battle of the Bridges: Phoenix Suns (30-14) @ Charlotte Hornets (23-21) l Sunday l 10:00am l FSNAZ

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Jdiddy701
RealGM
And1: 6,542

Re: Game 45: The Battle of the Bridges: Phoenix Suns (30-14) @ Charlotte Hornets (23-21) l Sunday l 10:00am l FSNAZ 

Post#241 » by Jdiddy701 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:01 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
denial wrote:
Jdiddy701 wrote:Definitely agree, not the best leader. Hopefully he continues to learn from CP3 how to lead a team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Part of leadership is holding others accountable. None of us know the play of if bridges was supposed to stay or cut. Stop acting like you do. It is 50/50 on booker or bridges and no one really knows except for them. But bridges seemed upset with himself and I bet he is the one who was out of place. He cut out of instinct and broke the play, I would bet.

It wasn't a play...we were trying to dribble the clock out. Someone probably should have ran over to Book when he gets trapped but no matter what Bridges did it was a bad pass.

Regardless, he shouldn't yell at him after. No matter what, that turnover was Book's fault. He makes passes like that all the time and to have the gall to act like it was someone else's fault is just a very very poor look.

Yeah, I don’t care who’s fault is it. The way Booker handled the situation after is what I have a problem with. He has to be better at it and be a better leader. Leadership is huge in basketball. Jared Dudley is still on a NBA roster because of it.

One of the biggest reasons why the Clippers aren’t the team they should be is because they lack leadership.

SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,399

Re: Game 45: The Battle of the Bridges: Phoenix Suns (30-14) @ Charlotte Hornets (23-21) l Sunday l 10:00am l FSNAZ 

Post#242 » by SunsRback4Good » Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:01 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
SunsRback4Good wrote:
Mulhollanddrive wrote:Bridges 6 steals, 5 offensive rebounds and a hustle play not recorded on tv by a 100 billion organisation.

Imagine if philly kept their pick they would be in great position for next 5+ years. Glad we got him otherwise our record would be different today.

Or if they drafted Tatum instead of trading the 3rd and a future 1st for Fultz. Though I guess if Boston kept the #1 pick they may have taken Tatum.

True. Basically there are a ton of different scenarios come draft time and a few bad moves can lift a franchise significantly. (Curry+ Klay+Dray) come to mind. James Jones is a hell of a GM who gets the players who fit within our team.
Slim Charless
General Manager
And1: 6,149

Post#243 » by Slim Charless » Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:02 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
SunsRback4Good wrote:
Mulhollanddrive wrote:Bridges 6 steals, 5 offensive rebounds and a hustle play not recorded on tv by a 100 billion organisation.

Imagine if philly kept their pick they would be in great position for next 5+ years. Glad we got him otherwise our record would be different today.

Or if they drafted Tatum instead of trading the 3rd and a future 1st for Fultz. Though I guess if Boston kept the #1 pick they may have taken Tatum.

I never bought that story. Seems more like more Danny Ainge revisionist nonsense. Fultz was a consensus #1 pick. Ainge gonna Ainge.
spanishninja
General Manager
And1: 6,131

Post#244 » by spanishninja » Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:02 pm

Overall, we loss one game this week that we should have won and won two games that we should have lost. Guess it was a net gain in the end.

Sent from my SM-G955U using RealGM mobile app
Mulhollanddrive
RealGM
And1: 7,912

Post#245 » by Mulhollanddrive » Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:03 pm

I think there was a kid working the NBA review center on Sunday morning who couldn't turn the tv on.
Bogyo
Analyst
And1: 2,254

Post#246 » by Bogyo » Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:03 pm

Ugly as hell, but I'll take it. Good think Melo and Monk were not playing.
DA really had it going in the first Q, but looked real winded at the end.
Monty should do something about the offense / execution in the 4th, it's not working. Maybe try some other guys too? We got like 4-5 NBA guys on the bench getting DNP-CD-d. Galloway could make some shots (8-40 for godssake), Moore could bring in some intelligent basketball plays like he did, Carter could D up some of the other bench guards,maybe Smith could get some rebounds too, etc... It's a long season, we got more than enough players - switch it up from time to time, if someone stikns it up like Crowder today, bring in somebody else. Maybe Frank could have made a 3. Or get Cam more involved by taking Craig out, who basically out hustles everybody by so much that it can be a bit counter productive from time to time. Book and CP should also take a long hard look in the mirror...
Slim Charless
General Manager

Post#247 » by Slim Charless » Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:03 pm

Jdiddy701 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
denial wrote:
Part of leadership is holding others accountable. None of us know the play of if bridges was supposed to stay or cut. Stop acting like you do. It is 50/50 on booker or bridges and no one really knows except for them. But bridges seemed upset with himself and I bet he is the one who was out of place. He cut out of instinct and broke the play, I would bet.

It wasn't a play...we were trying to dribble the clock out. Someone probably should have ran over to Book when he gets trapped but no matter what Bridges did it was a bad pass.

Regardless, he shouldn't yell at him after. No matter what, that turnover was Book's fault. He makes passes like that all the time and to have the gall to act like it was someone else's fault is just a very very poor look.

Yeah, I don’t care who’s fault is it. The way Booker handled the situation after is what I have a problem with. He has to be better at it and be a better leader. Leadership is huge in basketball. Jared Dudley is still on a NBA roster because of it.

One of the biggest reasons why the Clippers aren’t the team they should be is because they lack leadership.

They're ripe for picking in the playoffs. They're leadership is very lacking. If they get a healthy Portland or Denver in the 1st round, I look forward to betting the underdogs.
SunsRback4Good
RealGM

Post#248 » by SunsRback4Good » Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:10 pm

Was just announced the statkeepers made a horrible mistake and now Bridges is credited with all 15 steals instead of his initial 6. 13/8/15/4/1 on 54% fg looks a smidge better.
pj0tr
Rookie
And1: 1,312

Post#249 » by pj0tr » Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:11 pm

Slim Charless wrote:
Jdiddy701 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

They're ripe for picking in the playoffs. They're leadership is very lacking. If they get a healthy Portland or Denver in the 1st round, I look forward to betting the underdogs.

Its like some of you forgot you have games like this during an NBA season. Good lord.

Remember early in the season when everyone panicked about the Suns late game offense?

And then they fixed it before the All-Star break?

And after 3 straight games its broken again?

Give it a rest already.
sunsbg
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,016

Post#250 » by sunsbg » Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:12 pm

I don't get why Monty doesn't give a chance to certain bench players for stretches of games either. If someone is not hitting shots first half than try someone else in the second half - Jae/Frank, CJ/Moore or Galloway in this game. Crowder + CJ almost lost the game single-handedly.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,383

Post#251 » by bwgood77 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:17 pm

Slim Charless wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
SunsRback4Good wrote:

I never bought that story. Seems more like more Danny Ainge revisionist nonsense. Fultz was a consensus #1 pick. Ainge gonna Ainge.

Maybe, but he obviously wasn't completely sold on him because I don't think they had a great PG at the time and could have taken him. They obviously liked Tatum.

But more to my point if you are right and Philly could have taken Tatum at 3 (though they probably take Jackson). But if Philly had Tatum on that team right now, I would put them as the east favorites...I think they will be trouble for Brooklyn anyway, as will Milwaukee. But Embiid, Simmons, Tatum and Harris would have been scary.
SunsRback4Good
RealGM

Post#252 » by SunsRback4Good » Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:17 pm

pj0tr wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:
Jdiddy701 wrote:Yeah, I don’t care who’s fault is it. The way Booker handled the situation after is what I have a problem with. He has to be better at it and be a better leader. Leadership is huge in basketball. Jared Dudley is still on a NBA roster because of it.

Its like some of you forgot you have games like this during an NBA season. Good lord.

Remember early in the season when everyone panicked about the Suns late game offense?

Give it a rest already.

We didn't forget about our early season struggles in late games but there is a huge difference between those games and the last two games. In those earlier games the 4th Q was close throughout and can't blame them for losing as our team chemistry wasn't established yet. But 40+ games in we have managed to blow multiple double digit leads in final 6 min.
SlovenianDragon
Head Coach
And1: 11,053

Post#253 » by SlovenianDragon » Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:18 pm

One thing I wish as well is Cam to put the ball on floor a bit more. If he gets passed the ball and hes not wide open he just passes it back. I get it hes a great 3 point shooter when its going in but he can do more.

Him and Mikal seem really close maybe something they can work on together.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#254 » by bwgood77 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:19 pm

Slim Charless wrote:
Jdiddy701 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

Us or the Clippers? The Clippers will not be an easy match in the playoffs. Kawhi leads by example...in Toronto for example...but now they have Rondo too who raises his play big time in the playoffs. They also added Serge who won a championship with Kawhi in Toronto. And they still have Beverley, etc.

I do think Portland is pretty stacked now though with Nurkic back...I mean Covington and DJJ for wing D, Powell for 6th man maybe and Dame/CJ plus Nurkic and then Kanter, Melo and Powell off the bench. Denver is obviously tough though beating LAC last year.

Rondo and Beverley are two guards that are nice to have to defend Dame and CJ though.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#255 » by bwgood77 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:23 pm

pj0tr wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:
Jdiddy701 wrote:Yeah, I don’t care who’s fault is it. The way Booker handled the situation after is what I have a problem with. He has to be better at it and be a better leader. Leadership is huge in basketball. Jared Dudley is still on a NBA roster because of it.

Give it a rest already.

They've been sloppy, especially today...but it was 10 am for them. Lets see what happens next, but this doesn't currently look at all like a team that can win a series in the playoffs...heck, in most of their games. We rarely blow out teams like Utah and the Clippers do.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,660

Post#256 » by WeekapaugGroove » Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:27 pm

Ugly wins are still wins but that's was pretty gross.

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
BobbieL
RealGM
And1: 6,785

Post#257 » by BobbieL » Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:34 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
pj0tr wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:

Give it a rest already.

They've been sloppy, especially today...but it was 10 am for them. Lets see what happens next, but this doesn't currently look at all like a team that can win a series in the playoffs...heck, in most of their games. We rarely blow out teams like Utah and the Clippers do.

And games like today are why - for me even getting a top 6 seed to avoid the play-in round would be a big step from the last few years.

And two, winning even two games in a round 1 series - to me would be a nice accomplishment. Winning round 1 series would be the icing on the cake. Teams like Portland, Denver, Clippers, Lakers - are playoff tested more than the Suns. All four of those teams if fully healthy should be favored over the Suns in a R1 series.

The NBA is all about getting to the playoffs and the experiences of learning to win. Hard to be good if for many years - you were never in the games the Suns will be in the rest of the year. Ugly win but they found a way and hopefully when it comes up again in the regular season - they will be better prepared.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#258 » by bwgood77 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:37 pm

BobbieL wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
pj0tr wrote:

Give it a rest already.

And games like today are why - for me even getting a top 6 seed to avoid the play-in round would be a big step from the last few years.

And two, winning even two games in a round 1 series - to me would be a nice accomplishment. Winning round 1 series would be the icing on the cake. Teams like Portland, Denver, Clippers, Lakers - are playoff tested more than the Suns. All four of those teams if fully healthy should be favored over the Suns in a R1 series.

The NBA is all about getting to the playoffs and the experiences of learning to win. Hard to be good if for many years - you were never in the games the Suns will be in the rest of the year. Ugly win but they found a way and hopefully when it comes up again in the regular season - they will be better prepared.

I agree. If we can win a first round series I will be very happy with the season and where are young guys have come from even a year ago, but especially a couple years ago and beyond.
Slim Charless
General Manager

Post#259 » by Slim Charless » Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:42 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
pj0tr wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:

Give it a rest already.

I was talking about the Clippers. I have little faith in their inside game as Serge is washed imo, Pandemic P is still lurking and I really don't have much faith in Lue to make the right adjustments. I stand by my statement that if LAC gets Denver or Portland in lets say a 4-5 or 3-6 matchup, I think they lose. A healthy Nurk is nightmare for such a little team and that goes double for them if they play Joker (my MVP so far). Both teams have more then enough perimeter players to make Kawhi and PG13 work, Pat Bev helps but he's useless on offense.

As far as the Suns are concerned, I've stated my opinion on that. I think we should make it into the 2nd and hopefully give our opponent a battle there. Anything after that is gravy.
SunsRback4Good
RealGM

Post#260 » by SunsRback4Good » Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:46 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
BobbieL wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

I agree. If we can win a first round series I will be very happy with the season and where are young guys have come from even a year ago, but especially a couple years ago and beyond.

Nuggets & Blazers got better. Feel like our only shot at a 2nd round is beating a Mavs, Spurs, Grizzlies team. I thought we could beat Blazers and possibly nuggets bits its moot at this point.

Return to Phoenix Suns