ImageImageImage

Game 46: Atlanta Hawks (23-23) @ Phoenix Suns (31-14) l Tuesday l 7:00pm l FSNAZ

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22, Kerrsed

User avatar
grumpysaddle
RealGM
Posts: 15,085
And1: 8,199
Joined: Feb 22, 2009
Location: San Diego
 

Re: Game 46: Atlanta Hawks (23-23) @ Phoenix Suns (31-14) l Tuesday l 7:00pm l FSNAZ 

Post#221 » by grumpysaddle » Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:41 am

SunsRback4Good wrote:
grumpysaddle wrote:
SunsRback4Good wrote:
Perfect gif. Face/off remains in my top 5 favorite movies of all time.

I barely remember it, been meaning to rewatch it. I know I went to see it in the theater when it came out though. Maybe I'll do that tonight after this probably awful Godzilla vs. Kong movie.



Let me know if Godzilla vs Kong is watchable cause I'm thinking of seeing it.

Ive probably watched face/off more than Independence day, coming 2 America, Avatar, MIB, Titanic (dont laugh), and few other movies. Nicholas Cage & Travolta are a hit in that movie.

It's PG-13, so I'm not expecting much, but hopefully at the least it's more entertaining than something like a Michael Bay explosion snorefest.
Image
User avatar
SlovenianDragon
Analyst
Posts: 3,610
And1: 4,913
Joined: Aug 01, 2014
         

Re: Game 46: Atlanta Hawks (23-23) @ Phoenix Suns (31-14) l Tuesday l 7:00pm l FSNAZ 

Post#222 » by SlovenianDragon » Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:42 am

SunsRback4Good wrote:
grumpysaddle wrote:
SunsRback4Good wrote:
Perfect gif. Face/off remains in my top 5 favorite movies of all time.

I barely remember it, been meaning to rewatch it. I know I went to see it in the theater when it came out though. Maybe I'll do that tonight after this probably awful Godzilla vs. Kong movie.



Let me know if Godzilla vs Kong is watchable cause I'm thinking of seeing it.

Ive probably watched face/off more than Independence day, coming 2 America, Avatar, MIB, Titanic (dont laugh), and few other movies. Nicholas Cage & Travolta are a hit in that movie.


Godzilla vs kong looks terrible imo. I like good scripts and writing over explosions and cgi and w.e....Also why did you say Titanic dont laugh? That movie is one of the GOATS.
Image
User avatar
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
Posts: 20,379
And1: 6,015
Joined: May 13, 2011
     

Re: Game 46: Atlanta Hawks (23-23) @ Phoenix Suns (31-14) l Tuesday l 7:00pm l FSNAZ 

Post#223 » by SunsRback4Good » Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:44 am

We now have 3 game lead over Cluppers in the loss column with 26 remaining games. That's the only team currently behind us that worries me of overtaking us for the 2nd seed. 2nd seed means facing Blazers, Spurs, Mavs or Grizzlies while 3rd could face Lakers or Nuggets.
Image
spanishninja
Veteran
Posts: 2,586
And1: 1,642
Joined: Jan 07, 2014
 

Re: Game 46: Atlanta Hawks (23-23) @ Phoenix Suns (31-14) l Tuesday l 7:00pm l FSNAZ 

Post#224 » by spanishninja » Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:44 am

so regarding the margin of wins the rest of the way, they're going to be all like this. something like 20-25 teams are still totally in the playoff race right now, so nobody is going to lay down for us. we're not going to be blowing teams out by 20 much going forward, but we need to keep winning.
User avatar
Mr Puddles
Starter
Posts: 2,087
And1: 4,319
Joined: Jan 17, 2015
Location: Home of the Pickled Nacho
 

Re: Game 46: Atlanta Hawks (23-23) @ Phoenix Suns (31-14) l Tuesday l 7:00pm l FSNAZ 

Post#225 » by Mr Puddles » Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:46 am

SuperSunsFan wrote:do we really need that many 6'7 3D swing men on the team?


I mean, I can't really complain about the Suns picking up Craig for free, and getting Nader as a throw-in in the Paul trade. I get that people would have preferred to have more size on our roster, but in all honesty - give me Graig over any of the bigs that were on the buy out market any day of the week, and although I really like what Nader has brought to the team Graig is easily an upgrade over him.

Can't fault JJ at all for getting the best players available, even if it means some roster congestion.
User avatar
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
Posts: 20,379
And1: 6,015
Joined: May 13, 2011
     

Re: Game 46: Atlanta Hawks (23-23) @ Phoenix Suns (31-14) l Tuesday l 7:00pm l FSNAZ 

Post#226 » by SunsRback4Good » Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:47 am

SlovenianDragon wrote:
SunsRback4Good wrote:
grumpysaddle wrote:I barely remember it, been meaning to rewatch it. I know I went to see it in the theater when it came out though. Maybe I'll do that tonight after this probably awful Godzilla vs. Kong movie.



Let me know if Godzilla vs Kong is watchable cause I'm thinking of seeing it.

Ive probably watched face/off more than Independence day, coming 2 America, Avatar, MIB, Titanic (dont laugh), and few other movies. Nicholas Cage & Travolta are a hit in that movie.


Godzilla vs kong looks terrible imo. I like good scripts and writing over explosions and cgi and w.e....Also why did you say Titanic dont laugh? That movie is one of the GOATS.


Cause many say titanic is too emotional and chicks watch it a ton that's why I made that comment.

As for Godzilla vs King if its similar to transformers with a ton of Michael Bay cgi like you've mentioned I may just skip it.
Image
User avatar
SlovenianDragon
Analyst
Posts: 3,610
And1: 4,913
Joined: Aug 01, 2014
         

Re: Game 46: Atlanta Hawks (23-23) @ Phoenix Suns (31-14) l Tuesday l 7:00pm l FSNAZ 

Post#227 » by SlovenianDragon » Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:50 am

SunsRback4Good wrote:
SlovenianDragon wrote:
SunsRback4Good wrote:

Let me know if Godzilla vs Kong is watchable cause I'm thinking of seeing it.

Ive probably watched face/off more than Independence day, coming 2 America, Avatar, MIB, Titanic (dont laugh), and few other movies. Nicholas Cage & Travolta are a hit in that movie.


Godzilla vs kong looks terrible imo. I like good scripts and writing over explosions and cgi and w.e....Also why did you say Titanic dont laugh? That movie is one of the GOATS.


Cause many say titanic is too emotional and chicks watch it a ton that's why I made that comment.

As for Godzilla vs King if its similar to transformers with a ton of Michael Bay cgi like you've mentioned I may just skip it.


good movies have no gender! I love if a movie can make me cry!
Image
User avatar
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
Posts: 24,630
And1: 12,702
Joined: Oct 16, 2007
Location: Australia

Re: Game 46: Atlanta Hawks (23-23) @ Phoenix Suns (31-14) l Tuesday l 7:00pm l FSNAZ 

Post#228 » by lilfishi22 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:15 am

SlovenianDragon wrote:
SunsRback4Good wrote:
grumpysaddle wrote:I barely remember it, been meaning to rewatch it. I know I went to see it in the theater when it came out though. Maybe I'll do that tonight after this probably awful Godzilla vs. Kong movie.



Let me know if Godzilla vs Kong is watchable cause I'm thinking of seeing it.

Ive probably watched face/off more than Independence day, coming 2 America, Avatar, MIB, Titanic (dont laugh), and few other movies. Nicholas Cage & Travolta are a hit in that movie.


Godzilla vs kong looks terrible imo. I like good scripts and writing over explosions and cgi and w.e....Also why did you say Titanic dont laugh? That movie is one of the GOATS.

Reviews sound decent.
alamin330 wrote:This draft reminds me of the 2003 draft.
Lebron - Zion, Barrett like Melo, wade like Culver, garland like tj ford, hunter like bosh, white like Barbosa, Clarke like David West. I think this draft is actually going to be deeper though
irish22022
Junior
Posts: 388
And1: 231
Joined: Nov 16, 2009

Re: Game 46: Atlanta Hawks (23-23) @ Phoenix Suns (31-14) l Tuesday l 7:00pm l FSNAZ 

Post#229 » by irish22022 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:02 am

TouchPassDario wrote:
collidingNeurons wrote:
King4Day wrote:
iNo disrespecting Eddie! He's a fair analyst. <3

I like him too, but he is a company guy first and makes lots of excuses for flat performances


Eddie has a random old guy former player explanation for everything. Beginning of the home stand jitters was a new one.


Yeah, I love him but a lot of those leave me scratching my head. I do love how he still, even after 5-6 games says after a torrey Craig basket "folks, I'm telling you, you think he's just defense, this young man can score too". Yeah eddie, we get it!
User avatar
Mr Puddles
Starter
Posts: 2,087
And1: 4,319
Joined: Jan 17, 2015
Location: Home of the Pickled Nacho
 

Re: Game 46: Atlanta Hawks (23-23) @ Phoenix Suns (31-14) l Tuesday l 7:00pm l FSNAZ 

Post#230 » by Mr Puddles » Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:07 am

SunsRback4Good wrote:
SlovenianDragon wrote:
SunsRback4Good wrote:

Let me know if Godzilla vs Kong is watchable cause I'm thinking of seeing it.

Ive probably watched face/off more than Independence day, coming 2 America, Avatar, MIB, Titanic (dont laugh), and few other movies. Nicholas Cage & Travolta are a hit in that movie.


Godzilla vs kong looks terrible imo. I like good scripts and writing over explosions and cgi and w.e....Also why did you say Titanic dont laugh? That movie is one of the GOATS.


Cause many say titanic is too emotional and chicks watch it a ton that's why I made that comment.

As for Godzilla vs King if its similar to transformers with a ton of Michael Bay cgi like you've mentioned I may just skip it.


James Cameron movies were straight up gold until he started making films about sinking boats and blue aliens.

JC should have stuck with Arnold as his leading man and continue to pump out classics. He's cinemas equivalent of MJ leaving behind what he was great at to play minor league baseball.
User avatar
SlovenianDragon
Analyst
Posts: 3,610
And1: 4,913
Joined: Aug 01, 2014
         

Re: Game 46: Atlanta Hawks (23-23) @ Phoenix Suns (31-14) l Tuesday l 7:00pm l FSNAZ 

Post#231 » by SlovenianDragon » Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:15 am

irish22022 wrote:
TouchPassDario wrote:
collidingNeurons wrote: I like him too, but he is a company guy first and makes lots of excuses for flat performances


Eddie has a random old guy former player explanation for everything. Beginning of the home stand jitters was a new one.


Yeah, I love him but a lot of those leave me scratching my head. I do love how he still, even after 5-6 games says after a torrey Craig basket "folks, I'm telling you, you think he's just defense, this young man can score too". Yeah eddie, we get it!


You guys better stop disrespecting my man EJ! I would pay him to tell me bed time stories.
Image
User avatar
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
Posts: 20,379
And1: 6,015
Joined: May 13, 2011
     

Re: Game 46: Atlanta Hawks (23-23) @ Phoenix Suns (31-14) l Tuesday l 7:00pm l FSNAZ 

Post#232 » by SunsRback4Good » Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:37 am

SlovenianDragon wrote:
irish22022 wrote:
TouchPassDario wrote:
Eddie has a random old guy former player explanation for everything. Beginning of the home stand jitters was a new one.


Yeah, I love him but a lot of those leave me scratching my head. I do love how he still, even after 5-6 games says after a torrey Craig basket "folks, I'm telling you, you think he's just defense, this young man can score too". Yeah eddie, we get it!


You guys better stop disrespecting my man EJ! I would pay him to tell me bed time stories.



I prefer you pay him to read this book. Instant classic!

Image
Image
Fo-Real
Head Coach
Posts: 7,382
And1: 3,593
Joined: Mar 21, 2009
     

Re: Game 46: Atlanta Hawks (23-23) @ Phoenix Suns (31-14) l Tuesday l 7:00pm l FSNAZ 

Post#233 » by Fo-Real » Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:55 am

Welcome back DARIO!!
User avatar
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
Posts: 20,379
And1: 6,015
Joined: May 13, 2011
     

Re: Game 46: Atlanta Hawks (23-23) @ Phoenix Suns (31-14) l Tuesday l 7:00pm l FSNAZ 

Post#234 » by SunsRback4Good » Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:02 am

Fo-Real wrote:Welcome back DARIO!!


Without his efford we lose this game. Dario & Craig were our bright stars tonight. As Rihanna would say " shine bright like a diamond ". :)
Image
dmastro32
Junior
Posts: 406
And1: 148
Joined: Feb 22, 2015
         

Re: Game 46: Atlanta Hawks (23-23) @ Phoenix Suns (31-14) l Tuesday l 7:00pm l FSNAZ 

Post#235 » by dmastro32 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:20 am

Loved that baby hook from Ayton in the last few minutes. It seems like he has really worked on it and goes to that before the jumper. If he learns how to use them to set each other up it will really go a long way to developing his offense.
Mulhollanddrive
General Manager
Posts: 8,899
And1: 5,855
Joined: Jan 19, 2013

Re: Game 46: Atlanta Hawks (23-23) @ Phoenix Suns (31-14) l Tuesday l 7:00pm l FSNAZ 

Post#236 » by Mulhollanddrive » Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:56 am

Torrey Craig gets an extra offensive rebound every 20 minutes compared to Abdel Nader.
User avatar
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
Posts: 24,630
And1: 12,702
Joined: Oct 16, 2007
Location: Australia

Re: Game 46: Atlanta Hawks (23-23) @ Phoenix Suns (31-14) l Tuesday l 7:00pm l FSNAZ 

Post#237 » by lilfishi22 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:03 am

SlovenianDragon wrote:
irish22022 wrote:
TouchPassDario wrote:
Eddie has a random old guy former player explanation for everything. Beginning of the home stand jitters was a new one.


Yeah, I love him but a lot of those leave me scratching my head. I do love how he still, even after 5-6 games says after a torrey Craig basket "folks, I'm telling you, you think he's just defense, this young man can score too". Yeah eddie, we get it!


You guys better stop disrespecting my man EJ! I would pay him to tell me bed time stories.



I want him to just tell it like it is to me when it comes to life.
alamin330 wrote:This draft reminds me of the 2003 draft.
Lebron - Zion, Barrett like Melo, wade like Culver, garland like tj ford, hunter like bosh, white like Barbosa, Clarke like David West. I think this draft is actually going to be deeper though
User avatar
SlovenianDragon
Analyst
Posts: 3,610
And1: 4,913
Joined: Aug 01, 2014
         

Re: Game 46: Atlanta Hawks (23-23) @ Phoenix Suns (31-14) l Tuesday l 7:00pm l FSNAZ 

Post#238 » by SlovenianDragon » Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:08 am

lilfishi22 wrote:
SlovenianDragon wrote:
irish22022 wrote:
Yeah, I love him but a lot of those leave me scratching my head. I do love how he still, even after 5-6 games says after a torrey Craig basket "folks, I'm telling you, you think he's just defense, this young man can score too". Yeah eddie, we get it!


You guys better stop disrespecting my man EJ! I would pay him to tell me bed time stories.



I want him to just tell it like it is to me when it comes to life.


:lol: true.

I dont like therapy but if everyone was like EJ count me in.
Image
Saberestar
RealGM
Posts: 14,147
And1: 9,597
Joined: May 21, 2010

Re: Game 46: Atlanta Hawks (23-23) @ Phoenix Suns (31-14) l Tuesday l 7:00pm l FSNAZ 

Post#239 » by Saberestar » Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:51 am

What a fantastic win. We controlled the game since the first quarter and when they made a run we stayed calm and closed the game with a couple of nice offensive possessions.

On defense we played really well. Booker defended aggressively and Ayton bothered a lot of shots and Crowder was everywhere. He can switch on Trae Young and stay close to him, that's a beautiful in your starting PF.

CP3 did the play of the game. That steal and then the lob to Bridges was a joy to watch.

Nice to see Saric playing well again. He played a monster game.

This game showed us that we don't really need any other frontcourt player on our roster. Collins, Capela, Gallinari and Okongwu/Knight couldn't take any advantage of us around the paint. Crowder/Craig/Saric/Ayton played very well and won that battle for us.
BobbieL
General Manager
Posts: 8,763
And1: 3,596
Joined: Jun 24, 2009

Re: Game 46: Atlanta Hawks (23-23) @ Phoenix Suns (31-14) l Tuesday l 7:00pm l FSNAZ 

Post#240 » by BobbieL » Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:47 pm

Mr Puddles wrote:
SuperSunsFan wrote:do we really need that many 6'7 3D swing men on the team?


I mean, I can't really complain about the Suns picking up Craig for free, and getting Nader as a throw-in in the Paul trade. I get that people would have preferred to have more size on our roster, but in all honesty - give me Graig over any of the bigs that were on the buy out market any day of the week, and although I really like what Nader has brought to the team Graig is easily an upgrade over him.

Can't fault JJ at all for getting the best players available, even if it means some roster congestion.


I too wanted a big for the fouls and depth for Ayton and what not. But your last point is spot on - Jones got the better basketball player. And basically for free. So, you cannot fault Jones for getting Craig. Monty said they wanted him during free agency it just didn't work out

I get these games are close and the Suns let opponents back in games. But they are also winning them. Thats a positive thing. AFter ten years of losing I will take ugly wins

Return to Phoenix Suns