ImageImageImage

Game 50: Utah Jazz (38-12) @ Phoenix Suns (35-14) l Wednesday l 7:00pm l ESPN

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22, Kerrsed

spanishninja
Veteran
Posts: 2,586
And1: 1,642
Joined: Jan 07, 2014
 

Re: Game 50: Utah Jazz (38-12) @ Phoenix Suns (35-14) l Wednesday l 7:00pm l ESPN 

Post#521 » by spanishninja » Thu Apr 8, 2021 2:59 pm

Revived wrote:
ATTL wrote:Weird how gobert has a contact lens issue at that exact moment when they have no timeouts and just saunters back and forth like he strolling through a park. Should have been a delay of game.

Look at Mitchell on that play. He’s standing at the top for the FT rebound closest to CP3. Put your volume up. You can hear him saying “Rudy come on!!!” and then he just sighs and looks in disgust at Gobert. And then look what follows it when Mitchell signals Gobert to inbound the ball right after that sequence lol.



Even Mitchell is tired of Gobert’s ****.


oh snap, i wonder if this could revitalize the mitch/gobert drama from last year.
User avatar
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 71,965
And1: 41,404
Joined: Feb 06, 2009
Location: Austin
Contact:
   

Re: Game 50: Utah Jazz (38-12) @ Phoenix Suns (35-14) l Wednesday l 7:00pm l ESPN 

Post#522 » by bwgood77 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 4:03 pm

SlovenianDragon wrote:
SunsRback4Good wrote:
SlovenianDragon wrote:
Its funny because i have a radio next to my bed... I dont know how many people do anymore lol. I go to bed watching tv and will listen to 98.7 in the background starting at 6 in the morning instead of tv. I listed to 98.7 over music when driving. Never thought Id hear my name on the radio. Im over the moon!


Did you download Az sports 98.7 app on your playstore or can I find the station on pandora, spotify, etc? I usually listen to 98.7 in my car.


Na man i have a physical radio like a boomer lol. Im sure someone else can help you out with some tips in the modern tech scene but i have no idea.

Image


Yeah, I always use my boombox to tape songs off the radio if I can push record at the right time. I hate when they start talking through the beginning or end though as it ruins my listening to it on my tape deck in the car or on my walkman.
Fo-Real
Head Coach
Posts: 7,382
And1: 3,593
Joined: Mar 21, 2009
     

Re: Game 50: Utah Jazz (38-12) @ Phoenix Suns (35-14) l Wednesday l 7:00pm l ESPN 

Post#523 » by Fo-Real » Thu Apr 8, 2021 4:07 pm

Revived wrote:
Read on Twitter


LMFAO!!!! Mind games!!! Please post that in the Wednesday games thread on the main board!!!
User avatar
Jesus_H_Macy
Junior
Posts: 317
And1: 273
Joined: Jul 25, 2018
Location: Jacksonville, FL
   

Re: Game 50: Utah Jazz (38-12) @ Phoenix Suns (35-14) l Wednesday l 7:00pm l ESPN 

Post#524 » by Jesus_H_Macy » Thu Apr 8, 2021 4:08 pm

So there is no mention whatsoever of the game on ESPN's NBA page....there's one Ayton and one Mitchell highlight a ways down from the top. Just "Durant is back". So lame and disrespectful to not only the Suns but the Jazz as well. Someone going to ESPN to browse news wouldn't even know that the top 2 teams in the league played an excellent OT game the night before. Guess I shouldn't be surprised but it's kind of ridiculous. "Sources: Birch plans on Raptors after Magic exit" is more of a news story than the game?? Gimme a break
User avatar
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 71,965
And1: 41,404
Joined: Feb 06, 2009
Location: Austin
Contact:
   

Re: Game 50: Utah Jazz (38-12) @ Phoenix Suns (35-14) l Wednesday l 7:00pm l ESPN 

Post#525 » by bwgood77 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 4:13 pm

Revived wrote:
Mulhollanddrive wrote:Clippers game is arguably more important so play everyone unless Paul is sore.

Why is it more important?

I think catching Utah will be nice but not entirely necessary. I don’t think Lakers will fall below #6 seed. But regardless there’s so many games left that we can still catch Utah with remainder of the schedule.

I know none of the players will want to sit out or be open to the idea much but I think James Jones and Monty need to look around the league and see what’s being done and rest them. For sure Chris Paul (43 mins) but I’d do Book (almost 44 mins) and Ayton (41 mins) as well.

I don’t think the next game is as important as their health and not saying they will get injured for sure by playing but playing on heavy tired legs supposedly increases the chances. I’m not so sure Utah beats Portland tomorrow either. Blazers are coming off a loss in which Lillard shot like ****. He’s gonna come out on fire. But Utah also only had 1 guy playing even 40 mins on their team and that was Mitchell.


Any game against a playoff contender with us is important. But this would give us separation in the standings and poteial round 2 HCA....and with Dallas' loss to Houston last night along with the Lakers win over Toronto on the road, those were nice untnexpected finishes...to keep that separation at 3.5 games, which gives us that potential LAL/LAC matchup in round 1, as those teams are the ones I fear most with Kawhi and LeBron willing their teams to championships in the past.

Though Denver may catch the Clippers...still, though, that likely would be a Clippers/Denver 1st round followed by that winner facing Utah in the 2nd round.

Best case for us obviously would be the 1 seed, likely avoiding the Lakers if they drop to 7 and avoiding them in the 1st and second round as they likely take out Utah and then the Clippers or Denver in the 2nd round...while we would get the 8 seed (probably Memphis, but maybe SA, GS, or longer shots Sac or NOP)..then we'd get the other of Clippers/Denver in the 2nd.
Jdiddy701
Head Coach
Posts: 7,229
And1: 3,763
Joined: Jun 05, 2006

Re: Game 50: Utah Jazz (38-12) @ Phoenix Suns (35-14) l Wednesday l 7:00pm l ESPN 

Post#526 » by Jdiddy701 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 4:15 pm

Jdiddy701 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Jdiddy701 wrote:Should be about +300, good bet!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


The spread is near pick em. It's +110

https://www.vegasinsider.com/nba/odds/las-vegas/money/

I said +300 if LV Suns parlayed the two. Ayton’s over/under for rebounds is 9.5. I think he plays well tonight. We will need it. Take the over!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I always give away winners baby!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 71,965
And1: 41,404
Joined: Feb 06, 2009
Location: Austin
Contact:
   

Re: Game 50: Utah Jazz (38-12) @ Phoenix Suns (35-14) l Wednesday l 7:00pm l ESPN 

Post#527 » by bwgood77 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 4:18 pm

DickGrayson wrote:
DickGrayson wrote:Suns #1


Like I said.

Suns #1 in the West to me.

They have the most balance, tools and defense hasn't even peaked yet. They will be facing the Nets IMO and I've seen everything I needed to see. Injuries can only stop these teams. Well deserved for Phoenix and their fanbase. Suns outside of Paul have a core of Booker, Ayton, Bridges, Johnson, Carter, Smith and I think that's elite...these guys aren't even in their prime. Suns can beat elite teams and last season in the Bubble prove win streaks are a norm. 7 Straight wins.

Don't tell the Knicks board I'm bandwagonning. I was stanning for the Suns since the Leandrinho days and when Marbury got Leandro a car for his rookie season as a welcoming gesture. Take care.


We have the defenders...or at least about as good of defenders as you can for their 3 too...with CP3 on Kyrie, Bridges on Harden (or Cam who is like 2nd in DRAPM in the NBA) and Ayton on KD....not sure if you have watched Ayton but he can stick with just about anyone, and has the length to bother shots...even maybe KD's given his length...he is the only player near the top in contested 2s and contested 3s, so combined he's like top 5 in total the NBA in constested shots.
User avatar
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 71,965
And1: 41,404
Joined: Feb 06, 2009
Location: Austin
Contact:
   

Re: Game 50: Utah Jazz (38-12) @ Phoenix Suns (35-14) l Wednesday l 7:00pm l ESPN 

Post#528 » by bwgood77 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 4:20 pm

Saberestar wrote:
Revived wrote:
Mulhollanddrive wrote:Clippers game is arguably more important so play everyone unless Paul is sore.

Why is it more important?

I think catching Utah will be nice but not entirely necessary. I don’t think Lakers will fall below #6 seed. But regardless there’s so many games left that we can still catch Utah with remainder of the schedule.

I know none of the players will want to sit out or be open to the idea much but I think James Jones and Monty need to look around the league and see what’s being done and rest them. For sure Chris Paul (43 mins) but I’d do Book (almost 44 mins) and Ayton (41 mins) as well.

I don’t think the next game is as important as their health and not saying they will get injured for sure by playing but playing on heavy tired legs supposedly increases the chances. I’m not so sure Utah beats Portland tomorrow either. Blazers are coming off a loss in which Lillard shot like ****. He’s gonna come out on fire. But Utah also only had 1 guy playing even 40 mins on their team and that was Mitchell.

That would send a really bad message, we would not even trying to compete.

I do not think there is any risk. Injuries can happen at any moment to anyone.

Is there any statistic that confirms that players get injured more often in the second game of a back-to-back?

It is OK to rest players that are coming back from an injury or if they are sore for whatever reason, but other than that I think it would be a bad idea.


They won't rest games unless hurt, so it's really a non starter. They are too competitive and not pansies like other players. Players in the past never did this, and they would play much more physical demanding games with fewer fouls for stoppage in play and rest. Plus, being on TNT there will likely be more commercial breaks and a longer halftime.
User avatar
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 71,965
And1: 41,404
Joined: Feb 06, 2009
Location: Austin
Contact:
   

Re: Game 50: Utah Jazz (38-12) @ Phoenix Suns (35-14) l Wednesday l 7:00pm l ESPN 

Post#529 » by bwgood77 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 4:22 pm

King4Day wrote:
Ryu wrote:
Mjee wrote:Awesome win !!!!!

We need to keep CP3 at all costs next season



Hey, that smartass John Hollinger says (in his parallel reality obviously) he should go to the contender, like Mavs or Heat. :roll:

When did this happen?
I am listening to NBA radio and they commented on how the Knicks should go after him with their cap space.

I'm starting to believe he's going to opt out and there is no doubt he'll demand a 3 year, maybe 40mil per deal. And if he does, James Jones needs to oblige.
I can't see him going to NY. I know they're improved, but they aren't winning a title.


Why would he opt out to make 3/40 when he makes 1/45? We are better served anyway with a 1/45 and a 2/20 or something since Bridges and Ayton's extensions get in after the 45.
User avatar
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 71,965
And1: 41,404
Joined: Feb 06, 2009
Location: Austin
Contact:
   

Re: Game 50: Utah Jazz (38-12) @ Phoenix Suns (35-14) l Wednesday l 7:00pm l ESPN 

Post#530 » by bwgood77 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 4:24 pm

King4Day wrote:
Read on Twitter


Read on Twitter


Read on Twitter


Read on Twitter


I love the beard comment.

One of my pet peeves and really the only reason I can legit kind of think LeBron is ridiculous is him copying Jordan's #...build your own legacy and # if you are great..

And the beard which I personally believe he would not have if Harden didn't have his...I'm almost sure of that.
User avatar
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 71,965
And1: 41,404
Joined: Feb 06, 2009
Location: Austin
Contact:
   

Re: Game 50: Utah Jazz (38-12) @ Phoenix Suns (35-14) l Wednesday l 7:00pm l ESPN 

Post#531 » by bwgood77 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 4:32 pm

ImNotMcDiSwear wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:Great win.

Ayton was awesome, he's had better stat lines but that was one of my favorite games of his career.


Several of these offensive rebounds late, it was him and Gobert tipping the ball up between them. Really thought Gobert would have it since he's taller with longer arms, but nope. Somehow Ayton managed to get just a little higher time after time. What a beast.


I have NEVER been concerned about his rebounds, but that is the one thing I least worried about. Sure some rag on him for it and he always could improve on boxing out (which he has recently to help others get it and improve team rebounding) but he has always been elite at getting them but having the effort to tip it to himself and continuing the effort. I mentioned this in college.

Never been particularly worried about his offense either given glimpses I had seen in the past of what I knew he had in his arsenal but did feel he needed to get to the line more and just continue to gain confidence as a young player. Even Bridges, a couple years older playing under Jay Wright on a championship college team struggled with confidence shooting last year.
Saberestar
RealGM
Posts: 14,147
And1: 9,597
Joined: May 21, 2010

Re: Game 50: Utah Jazz (38-12) @ Phoenix Suns (35-14) l Wednesday l 7:00pm l ESPN 

Post#532 » by Saberestar » Thu Apr 8, 2021 5:42 pm

Read on Twitter
ImNotMcDiSwear
Head Coach
Posts: 7,179
And1: 4,892
Joined: Dec 14, 2013
 

Re: Game 50: Utah Jazz (38-12) @ Phoenix Suns (35-14) l Wednesday l 7:00pm l ESPN 

Post#533 » by ImNotMcDiSwear » Thu Apr 8, 2021 5:47 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
ImNotMcDiSwear wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:Great win.

Ayton was awesome, he's had better stat lines but that was one of my favorite games of his career.


Several of these offensive rebounds late, it was him and Gobert tipping the ball up between them. Really thought Gobert would have it since he's taller with longer arms, but nope. Somehow Ayton managed to get just a little higher time after time. What a beast.


I have NEVER been concerned about his rebounds, but that is the one thing I least worried about. Sure some rag on him for it and he always could improve on boxing out (which he has recently to help others get it and improve team rebounding) but he has always been elite at getting them but having the effort to tip it to himself and continuing the effort. I mentioned this in college.

Never been particularly worried about his offense either given glimpses I had seen in the past of what I knew he had in his arsenal but did feel he needed to get to the line more and just continue to gain confidence as a young player. Even Bridges, a couple years older playing under Jay Wright on a championship college team struggled with confidence shooting last year.


Thought he played with a lot of confidence on offense last night. Took any easy shot created for him by the offense - which wasn't a ton attempts, but he made them. I even liked the three he took: it was in-rhythm with an improved, higher arc relative to what I'm used to seeing from him.

I think we'll go to DA more and more over time.
irish22022
Junior
Posts: 388
And1: 231
Joined: Nov 16, 2009

Re: Game 50: Utah Jazz (38-12) @ Phoenix Suns (35-14) l Wednesday l 7:00pm l ESPN 

Post#534 » by irish22022 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 5:53 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
King4Day wrote:
Ryu wrote:

Hey, that smartass John Hollinger says (in his parallel reality obviously) he should go to the contender, like Mavs or Heat. :roll:

When did this happen?
I am listening to NBA radio and they commented on how the Knicks should go after him with their cap space.

I'm starting to believe he's going to opt out and there is no doubt he'll demand a 3 year, maybe 40mil per deal. And if he does, James Jones needs to oblige.
I can't see him going to NY. I know they're improved, but they aren't winning a title.


Why would he opt out to make 3/40 when he makes 1/45? We are better served anyway with a 1/45 and a 2/20 or something since Bridges and Ayton's extensions get in after the 45.


You're right if the offer is 3/45. But why would he take that? Look what holiday just got paid and look what schroeder turned down. We're in some real trouble with this, I'm saying it now. He may want 3/80 and truthfully, he may get it. I actually think he'll age well too, but that would preclude us from being able to afford bridges and ayton. Ayton is gonna want a massive deal and someone will definitely give that to him.
Saberestar
RealGM
Posts: 14,147
And1: 9,597
Joined: May 21, 2010

Re: Game 50: Utah Jazz (38-12) @ Phoenix Suns (35-14) l Wednesday l 7:00pm l ESPN 

Post#535 » by Saberestar » Thu Apr 8, 2021 6:13 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
King4Day wrote:
Ryu wrote:

Hey, that smartass John Hollinger says (in his parallel reality obviously) he should go to the contender, like Mavs or Heat. :roll:

When did this happen?
I am listening to NBA radio and they commented on how the Knicks should go after him with their cap space.

I'm starting to believe he's going to opt out and there is no doubt he'll demand a 3 year, maybe 40mil per deal. And if he does, James Jones needs to oblige.
I can't see him going to NY. I know they're improved, but they aren't winning a title.


Why would he opt out to make 3/40 when he makes 1/45? We are better served anyway with a 1/45 and a 2/20 or something since Bridges and Ayton's extensions get in after the 45.

I think he is saying that CP3 probably would agree to sign a $120M/3 years deal this summer, renouncing to his TO for $45M.

I would be OK with that contract, but obviously I would prefer a cheaper deal.

Something around $100M/3 years would be nice.
User avatar
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 71,965
And1: 41,404
Joined: Feb 06, 2009
Location: Austin
Contact:
   

Re: Game 50: Utah Jazz (38-12) @ Phoenix Suns (35-14) l Wednesday l 7:00pm l ESPN 

Post#536 » by bwgood77 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 6:17 pm

Saberestar wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
King4Day wrote:When did this happen?
I am listening to NBA radio and they commented on how the Knicks should go after him with their cap space.

I'm starting to believe he's going to opt out and there is no doubt he'll demand a 3 year, maybe 40mil per deal. And if he does, James Jones needs to oblige.
I can't see him going to NY. I know they're improved, but they aren't winning a title.


Why would he opt out to make 3/40 when he makes 1/45? We are better served anyway with a 1/45 and a 2/20 or something since Bridges and Ayton's extensions get in after the 45.

I think he is saying that CP3 probably would agree to sign a $120M/3 years deal this summer, renouncing to his TO for $45M.

I would be OK with that contract, but obviously I would prefer a cheaper deal.

Something around $100M/3 years would be nice.


3/$120 would be ridiculous. No one else would come even in the ballpark of that. He'd be lucky to get half that on the open market. I don't think anyone making $45 will turn down an option anyway. Not with the possibility of major injury, etc.
Saberestar
RealGM
Posts: 14,147
And1: 9,597
Joined: May 21, 2010

Re: Game 50: Utah Jazz (38-12) @ Phoenix Suns (35-14) l Wednesday l 7:00pm l ESPN 

Post#537 » by Saberestar » Thu Apr 8, 2021 6:26 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
Saberestar wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Why would he opt out to make 3/40 when he makes 1/45? We are better served anyway with a 1/45 and a 2/20 or something since Bridges and Ayton's extensions get in after the 45.

I think he is saying that CP3 probably would agree to sign a $120M/3 years deal this summer, renouncing to his TO for $45M.

I would be OK with that contract, but obviously I would prefer a cheaper deal.

Something around $100M/3 years would be nice.


3/$120 would be ridiculous. No one else would come even in the ballpark of that. He'd be lucky to get half that on the open market. I don't think anyone making $45 will turn down an option anyway. Not with the possibility of major injury, etc.

The same could be said about Gordon Hayward and you saw the contract that he signed with the Hornets in the last offseason.

The way CP3 is playing he will get another big contract, hopefully from us because we will not be able to get a better player than him.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
Posts: 16,500
And1: 11,702
Joined: Feb 07, 2010

Re: Game 50: Utah Jazz (38-12) @ Phoenix Suns (35-14) l Wednesday l 7:00pm l ESPN 

Post#538 » by WeekapaugGroove » Thu Apr 8, 2021 6:35 pm

Saberestar wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Saberestar wrote:I think he is saying that CP3 probably would agree to sign a $120M/3 years deal this summer, renouncing to his TO for $45M.

I would be OK with that contract, but obviously I would prefer a cheaper deal.

Something around $100M/3 years would be nice.


3/$120 would be ridiculous. No one else would come even in the ballpark of that. He'd be lucky to get half that on the open market. I don't think anyone making $45 will turn down an option anyway. Not with the possibility of major injury, etc.

The same could be said about Gordon Hayward and you saw the contract that he signed with the Hornets in the last offseason.

The way CP3 is playing he will get another big contract, hopefully from us because we will not be able to get a better player than him.
Well see what happens but my guess is Paul plays opts into the final year then basically takes it year by year after that. He quite a bit older than Hayward so their motivations probably differ. Paul wanted to come to Phoenix and this is a coach and group he's comfortable playing with. Hayward wanted out of Boston because of his role and the black cloud of bad luck he had there.

But really no one know what CP will do. Heck even if he walked this summer it's not the end of the world. The suns would have cap space to make a run at a guy like Lowry. I also think they would be a popular destination if any PG wants out of their current situation.

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
User avatar
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 71,965
And1: 41,404
Joined: Feb 06, 2009
Location: Austin
Contact:
   

Re: Game 50: Utah Jazz (38-12) @ Phoenix Suns (35-14) l Wednesday l 7:00pm l ESPN 

Post#539 » by bwgood77 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 7:08 pm

Saberestar wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Saberestar wrote:I think he is saying that CP3 probably would agree to sign a $120M/3 years deal this summer, renouncing to his TO for $45M.

I would be OK with that contract, but obviously I would prefer a cheaper deal.

Something around $100M/3 years would be nice.


3/$120 would be ridiculous. No one else would come even in the ballpark of that. He'd be lucky to get half that on the open market. I don't think anyone making $45 will turn down an option anyway. Not with the possibility of major injury, etc.

The same could be said about Gordon Hayward and you saw the contract that he signed with the Hornets in the last offseason.

The way CP3 is playing he will get another big contract, hopefully from us because we will not be able to get a better player than him.


Yeah, but he didn't make nearly as much and got almost an equal contract offer going forward..his agent probably knew he would get that, is a lot younger, etc.

I don't think CP3 would make more than about $15 million per year on his next contract. Maybe $20 million, but the Suns would probably prefer he opt in anyway, and give him a significantly lesser contract after that, since Ayton and Bridges will still be on rookie contracts next year and will go up significantly the following year.
Revived
RealGM
Posts: 27,899
And1: 13,201
Joined: Feb 17, 2011

Re: Game 50: Utah Jazz (38-12) @ Phoenix Suns (35-14) l Wednesday l 7:00pm l ESPN 

Post#540 » by Revived » Thu Apr 8, 2021 7:26 pm

Fo-Real wrote:
Revived wrote:
Read on Twitter


LMFAO!!!! Mind games!!! Please post that in the Wednesday games thread on the main board!!!

Lol I can’t post there.

Return to Phoenix Suns