ImageImageImage

Game 51: Phoenix Suns (36-14) @ Los Angeles Clippers (34-18) l Thursday l 7:00pm l TNT

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,447

Re: Game 51: Phoenix Suns (36-14) @ Los Angeles Clippers (34-18) l Thursday l 7:00pm l TNT 

Post#421 » by Revived » Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:23 am

bwgood77 wrote:
Revived wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
We have had 2 games after an OT...a win against Indy in one of them, and a double OT loss to Denver on the other one...we would have likely won that if we didn't have people foul out.

But OT isn't that big of a deal. It's 5 minutes. It's not like it's an extra quarter. We are young. These guys have plenty of injury especially now that they are in peak game shape over midway through the season.

They won't do b2b home games normally because teams want to maximize arena revenue..season ticket holders generally don't want to go 2 nights in a row.

Players prefer b2bs on the road so they can get home more quickly...maybe unless they are in LA or NY or Miami or something.

Looks like the Clippers rested Paul George for their back to back game they played after ours lol. He actually only played 34 mins the night before against us as well.

The LA Clippers will be down a handful of starters when they take on the Houston Rockets on Friday night. Among the sidelined players is Paul George, who is being given the night off for injury management.

George recently confirmed that the bone edema injury that kept him out of seven consecutive games earlier in the season has "flared up" again, though he feels he can play through it. Given the circumstances of tonight's contest — the second night of a back-to-back against a lowly Rockets team — it's hard to blame the team for taking the extra precaution.

34 minutes? That's a lot of minutes. More than his avg. The only guy who plays 34 minutes avg on our team is Booker...the most for anyone else is 32 (Bridges and Paul) and only one other at even 30 (Ayton).

34 mins isn’t too bad, obviously much better than the 44 mins that CP3 played the night before in the OT game. If Booker/CP3/Ayton only played 34 the night before then I don’t think I’d care nearly as much about a back to back. But 43/44 mins like they played is a different story imo. But for George even 34 mins is deemed too much to play again the next night I guess.
Revived
RealGM

Re: Game 51: Phoenix Suns (36-14) @ Los Angeles Clippers (34-18) l Thursday l 7:00pm l TNT 

Post#422 » by Revived » Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:24 am

Read on Twitter

This is pretty interesting. Other than CP3 we don’t really have many “chirpers” on our team. Perhaps Booker but even he only talks trash when he’s provoked really. There’s nobody else I can see talking smack. Ayton, Bridges, Crowder, etc nah I don’t see it.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,476

Post#423 » by bwgood77 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:22 pm

Revived wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Revived wrote:Looks like the Clippers rested Paul George for their back to back game they played after ours lol. He actually only played 34 mins the night before against us as well.

The LA Clippers will be down a handful of starters when they take on the Houston Rockets on Friday night. Among the sidelined players is Paul George, who is being given the night off for injury management.

George recently confirmed that the bone edema injury that kept him out of seven consecutive games earlier in the season has "flared up" again, though he feels he can play through it. Given the circumstances of tonight's contest — the second night of a back-to-back against a lowly Rockets team — it's hard to blame the team for taking the extra precaution.

34 minutes? That's a lot of minutes. More than his avg. The only guy who plays 34 minutes avg on our team is Booker...the most for anyone else is 32 (Bridges and Paul) and only one other at even 30 (Ayton).

34 mins isn’t too bad, obviously much better than the 44 mins that CP3 played the night before in the OT game. If Booker/CP3/Ayton only played 34 the night before then I don’t think I’d care nearly as much about a back to back. But 43/44 mins like they played is a different story imo. But for George even 34 mins is deemed too much to play again the next night I guess.

Well yeah, if I'd make an agreement with you if we had a player with the bone edema injury that Paul has. I just don't think it's something teams should do without injury which I clearly stated before..."if no injury, no need...if nursing or ailing injury, yes, rest"..

But every time you advocate players without injury resting I think you're wasting breath since I don't see there being any real chance of it happening unless we have clinched playoff seeding, and maybe not even then (Paul didn't even rest last year in the bubble after clinching even though most of his team did). Experience too important for the young guys.
Revived
RealGM

Post#424 » by Revived » Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:53 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
Revived wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

Well yeah, if I'd make an agreement with you if we had a player with the bone edema injury that Paul has. I just don't think it's something teams should do without injury which I clearly stated before..."if no injury, no need...if nursing or ailing injury, yes, rest"..

But every time you advocate players without injury resting I think you're wasting breath since I don't see there being any real chance of it happening unless we have clinched playoff seeding, and maybe not even then (Paul didn't even rest last year in the bubble after clinching even though most of his team did). Experience too important for the young guys.

Yeah you could be right there. I guess in a sense it doesn’t make sense to rest Booker/Ayton/Bridges etc when their all well under the age of 25.

But I disagree about CP3. I think resting him makes sense when he plays heavy mins since he’s nearly 36 yrs old. Most of his playoff failures have come due to the fact that he can never make it through a regular season clean enough to stay healthy for playoffs.

Doesn’t matter though like you said, Monty does not seem like he wants to rest players.
suns12345
Starter
And1: 1,612

Post#425 » by suns12345 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:12 pm

Revived wrote:
Read on Twitter

This is pretty interesting. Other than CP3 we don’t really have many “chirpers” on our team. Perhaps Booker but even he only talks trash when he’s provoked really. There’s nobody else I can see talking smack. Ayton, Bridges, Crowder, etc nah I don’t see it.

PG seems a bit like KD. Very sensitive to any notion he is in the wrong or being criticised
pj0tr
Rookie
And1: 1,312

Post#426 » by pj0tr » Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:36 pm

Revived wrote:
Read on Twitter

I pointed this out on the GB... But apparently no one actually watches the games.

This whole thing started when Cam Payne fell on Paul George in the first game back in January, and George got in Payne's face. Booker came to his defense and thats where the **** talking started.

Of course the media ran with it, and called it the Suns chirping. The ESPN article that was written a few days ago had absolutely zero quotes from Suns players in it. They had quotes from George, and a few other Clippers players.

This whole thing is completely media driven that the Suns "started" this.
RunDogGun
No Sham, More Cam
And1: 5,437

Post#427 » by RunDogGun » Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:41 pm

Frank Lee wrote:But they have no answer for an aggressive DA. If anything was learned last night, it’s that DeAngry can really impact the game. We need more of that guy and less DeYawndre. He’s looks to be finding some fire. One thing we really need from him is to take advantage of mismatches. Too often he gets a little guy on him and then wanders out of the paint if he doesn’t immediately get the ball. Once he figures it out and sets up in front of the rim, then DEMANDs the ball, only good things happen.

If we get a 7 game rematch with the clips, and I hope so, sparks will fly. May be more.

What I have noticed is he does much better when we don't try and force it in to him. When he is crashing the boards, he plays better. This game came down to turnovers and just lights out shooting from the Clips. I really didn't like Beverley's goon move.

I was hoping for a bit of Galloway when we are having trouble getting a bucket.

Return to Phoenix Suns