Randle
36%

Total votes: 14

Slim Charless
General Manager
And1: 6,101

Re: Game 61: Suns at Knicks 

Post#161 » by Slim Charless » Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:13 am

Great win and a very successful beastly road trip. Time to slay the cocky clips Wednesday night
Calvin Klein
RealGM
And1: 7,291

Post#162 » by Calvin Klein » Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:13 am

What a game! Book, Mikal with huge games. Cam finally hit some shots in the end. Amazing finish by CP. Ayton...not so great anymore unfortunately. Playing soft again. But other than that, a nice finish to the road trip. 3-2 is great. Now if could just win against the Clippers...
Calvin Klein
RealGM

Post#163 » by Calvin Klein » Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:15 am

SlovenianDragon wrote:what a game man that 4th quarter had me stressed...

I was stressing since tip off.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,074

Post#164 » by bwgood77 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:20 am

Qwigglez wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:Funny we talk about Book never getting calls and other players getting gifted calls. Here is what another active forum says, and I only looked at less than 2 pages....

Lol they calling phantom fouls for booker all game

Book throws elbows and gets the call... bs

LMAO these refs just gifting fouls to Booker

Can’t beat the refs and Booker

Booker
Luka
Trae
Harden
Durant

Most overprotected players in the league. They get calls for breathing.

Funny, Julius Randle is 9th in the league in FTAs, 12 in the league in shooting fouls drawn. Booker is 16th in FTAs and 15th in shooting fouls drawn. I'm sure it wasn't just Knicks fans saying it. At least Booker doesn't accentuate a foul IMO, unlike players like Luka and Harden. I find when I watch a replay most fouls are warranted on Booker, though he does get away with an occasional freebie by the refs but it balances out with some of the no-calls Booker also gets.

Well, those were from the Knicks game thread, so it was Knicks fans. Randle plays more minutes but I can't speak to him being gifted fouls. He doesn't seem like the type of player refs would gift fouls too though.
matt131
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,758

Post#165 » by matt131 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:20 am

Slim Charless wrote:Great win and a very successful beastly road trip. Time to slay the cocky clips Wednesday night
Paul George seems to be saving all of his three point shooting for us on Wednesday. He's 1-6 from downtown and 3-11 overall tonight. Yay.
Calvin Klein
RealGM

Post#166 » by Calvin Klein » Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:27 am

Wolves choking big time...
Calvin Klein
RealGM

Post#167 » by Calvin Klein » Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:31 am

Ricky helping us out with that steal.
cberry78
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,420

Post#168 » by cberry78 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:08 am

Would like to point out that none of our players tonight had negative +/-. JC and DA were the closest, both with 0's, but every other Sun that played was +.
"Never argue with an idiot. You'll never convince the idiot that you're correct, and bystanders won't be able to tell who's who." - Mark Twain
irish22022
Senior
And1: 516

Post#169 » by irish22022 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:24 am

Hope we get crowder back, DA feeds off his tenacity.

Can end the week in 1st place if they want it...
Mulhollanddrive
RealGM
And1: 7,907

Post#170 » by Mulhollanddrive » Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:26 am

What a gutsy win, down 15 on a b2b against 9 games unbeaten.

Booker got to the rim more, Paul hit the clutch shots, Bridges back to his best.

Clippers and Utah next.
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,637

Post#171 » by Saberestar » Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:33 am

What a nice second half.

Book carried us in the first half when we could not score from three or at the rim. His mid range game is unreal.

Mikal and Cam J started making threes in the late part of the game and that was great to see it. Both were struggling.

Mikal Bridges in particular played an amazing second half, he was everywhere.

And CP3 was the closer. He scored three consecutive daggers with a hand in his face. What a player.

3W-2L in this road trip is an statement.
King4Day
RealGM
And1: 9,191

Post#172 » by King4Day » Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:31 pm

I think we're still near last in the league for foul calls. Sounds like they're just frustrated.
bwgood77 wrote:Funny we talk about Book never getting calls and other players getting gifted calls. Here is what another active forum says, and I only looked at less than 2 pages....

Can’t breath on this guy

Booker
Luka
Trae
Harden
Durant

Sent from my SM-G970U using RealGM mobile app
"Sometimes, the dragon wins" #RallyTheValley
Adrao
Junior
And1: 195

Post#173 » by Adrao » Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:32 pm

CP3 MVP :lol:
Maybe not MVP but 2nd or 3rd all NBA fore sure.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,074

Post#174 » by bwgood77 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:20 pm

We are close to it along with the Clippers and Nuggets, but part of that is CP3 and Booker not taking it to the rim much. Booker does on wide open plays. Then Ayton needs to get to the line more, but many other teams have their stars driving and just getting those fouls to stop the easy basket. We are only 2 fewer trips to the line (or maybe 3 if one of them is an And1) then all but 3 teams (Philly, Atlanta and Washington). Dallas, for example is only about 1 trip to the line more than us (2 if one of them is an and1)

King4Day wrote:I think we're still near last in the league for foul calls. Sounds like they're just frustrated.

Booker
Luka
Trae
Harden
Durant

dremill24
Analyst
And1: 2,385

Post#175 » by dremill24 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:20 pm

So we dont have an issue with the late game offense as long as the terrible shots go in, then?
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,504

Post#176 » by lilfishi22 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:54 pm

bwgood77 wrote:We are close to it along with the Clippers and Nuggets, but part of that is CP3 and Booker not taking it to the rim much. Booker does on wide open plays. Then Ayton needs to get to the line more, but many other teams have their stars driving and just getting those fouls to stop the easy basket. We are only 2 fewer trips to the line (or maybe 3 if one of them is an And1) then all but 3 teams (Philly, Atlanta and Washington). Dallas, for example is only about 1 trip to the line more than us (2 if one of them is an and1)

King4Day wrote:I think we're still near last in the league for foul calls. Sounds like they're just frustrated.

This is why I rarely place blame on the refs as a factor for an L or buy into some conspiracy that refs are out to ruin the Suns.

The fact is every fanbase complains about the same thing. I bet Lebron/Laker fans complain when Lebron is disrespected with only 7 trips to the line instead of 12. So every fan base complains but they can't all be right at the same time. Because if they are then it's a reffing issue and if it's a reffing issue then every team is officiated equally poorly.
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
suns12345
Starter
And1: 1,612

Post#177 » by suns12345 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:22 am

lilfishi22 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:We are close to it along with the Clippers and Nuggets, but part of that is CP3 and Booker not taking it to the rim much. Booker does on wide open plays. Then Ayton needs to get to the line more, but many other teams have their stars driving and just getting those fouls to stop the easy basket. We are only 2 fewer trips to the line (or maybe 3 if one of them is an And1) then all but 3 teams (Philly, Atlanta and Washington). Dallas, for example is only about 1 trip to the line more than us (2 if one of them is an and1)

This is why I rarely place blame on the refs as a factor for an L or buy into some conspiracy that refs are out to ruin the Suns.

The fact is every fanbase complains about the same thing. I bet Lebron/Laker fans complain when Lebron is disrespected with only 7 trips to the line instead of 12. So every fan base complains but they can't all be right at the same time. Because if they are then it's a reffing issue and if it's a reffing issue then every team is officiated equally poorly.

I agree with this, my issues with reffing at the moment is the level of inconsistency as well as the apparent lack of understanding of the game in the way they make calls.

Not sure if this is an issue with the refs or more likely and issue with the league and the strange ways they want their league officiated.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#178 » by lilfishi22 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:30 am

suns12345 wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:

I agree with this, my issues with reffing at the moment is the level of inconsistency as well as the apparent lack of understanding of the game in the way they make calls.

Not sure if this is an issue with the refs or more likely and issue with the league and the strange ways they want their league officiated.

I agree with the inconsistency around the understanding of what fouls are. Not saying MJ didn't get the super star calls in his days and as did other stars but the game was also rougher so the superstar call then would be a common foul now. As we get to the point of protecting players a little too much it just comes down to which players/teams are more successful in gaming the officiating. It's not so much about drawing real fouls anymore but more what is the smallest action I can make to get the foul call.
suns12345
Starter
And1: 1,612

Post#179 » by suns12345 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:44 am

lilfishi22 wrote:
suns12345 wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:This is why I rarely place blame on the refs as a factor for an L or buy into some conspiracy that refs are out to ruin the Suns.

I agree with the inconsistency around the understanding of what fouls are. Not saying MJ didn't get the super star calls in his days and as did other stars but the game was also rougher so the superstar call then would be a common foul now. As we get to the point of protecting players a little too much it just comes down to which players/teams are more successful in gaming the officiating. It's not so much about drawing real fouls anymore but more what is the smallest action I can make to get the foul call.

lilfishi - dunno if you saw the Boban ejection today but thats exactly what I am talking about. Ridiculous
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#180 » by lilfishi22 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:27 am

Yeah that's soft as hell. Can't believe they called it a flagrant two. It was a good contest but since his arm came down a bit, it turned into more than it was.

Return to Phoenix Suns