ImageImageImage

Game 68: Phoenix Suns (48-19) @ Los Angeles Lakers (37-30) l Sunday l 7:00pm l NBATV l BSAZ

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,037

Re: Game 68: Phoenix Suns (48-19) @ Los Angeles Lakers (37-30) l Sunday l 7:00pm l NBATV l BSAZ 

Post#341 » by Revived » Mon May 10, 2021 10:32 pm

Read on Twitter

This basically will be the gameplan of any team Suns face in the playoffs.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,504

Re: Game 68: Phoenix Suns (48-19) @ Los Angeles Lakers (37-30) l Sunday l 7:00pm l NBATV l BSAZ 

Post#342 » by lilfishi22 » Mon May 10, 2021 11:00 pm

Revived wrote:A call that would normally be 50/50 call in a normal game will be a 90/10 call when playing against teams like the Lakers, Clippers, Warriors etc. Everyone should know this imo unless you are very new to watching basketball. That shouldn't surprise anyone imo.

That being said, this was a flat out embarrassing performance by Suns players. Lakers are without their two best (and maybe only) playmakers on their roster in LeBron and Schroeder and still manage to beat us pretty well. AD basically got to do whatever the hell he wanted to do whenever he wanted to do. This was his first game against the Suns and I'm sure he's laughing his butt off at the prospects off playing against the Suns in the playoffs.

Ayton was a complete non factor. I'm tired of his whole BS consistency. 26 and 12 one game and then basically wasn't even playing today. 6 freaking pts in 33 mins in a game in which the Lakers paid all their attention to Booker and CP3. Drummond, a C who many here thought would be unplayable vs us, put up better #s in just 20 mins of action. Suns have given Ayton every opportunity to succeed and be consistent offensively and he won't do it. Got him Ricky Rubio, nope and now got him CP3, still nope. Ayton could be on a team with prime Magic, Nash, Kidd and LeBron surrounding him as the C and he would still play wildly inconsistent basketball. I know there's many people here who really like his game a lot (i like his defensive game but even that is wildly inconsistent now) and I would say those people better take every opportunity to watch him play the rest of this month because it probably will his last season wearing a Suns uniform. I think a C like Clint Capela will be plenty more useful than Ayton who will get completely exposed in the playoffs. Suns need to figure out a small ball lineup because DA won't be playable in two weeks imo.

BTW where are those cute posts now mocking those of us who wanted James Jones to acquire another big like every other West team did? Hmm I wonder if those teams were doing it to prepare for something like this...I'm talking about those posts like Oh yea as if Javale McGee would help us oh wait actually maybe he would've while AD was doing his onslaught.

The only positive to this game imo is that LeBron may actually rest for the 1st rd of playoffs as well and just let AD beat us in the first round and then LeBron will come back for round 2. This is a positive because I think at least our losses will be close without LeBron playing. If LeBron and AD are both healthy for playoffs, all Suns fans need to brace themselves to watch the Suns get swept with the margin of defeat in each game being at least 14+. If we actually win a game then there ought to be a parade in downtown PHX imo depending on Arizona's covid situation at the time.

Monty Williams was 100% right in the post game presser....the Lakers sent a message with their performance tonight. This wasn't just "one game" or some ol random reg season game. Lakers know damn well this game will kill any little confidence the Suns had of slowing down AD when these two teams match up again in ~10 days.

And Mikal Bridges posting his individual highlights on his ig after an embarrassing loss like this is not a good look. Maybe take a page from CP3 and Book who usually do that but not after today's embarrassing performance.

Overall, this has been a successful season obviously but just sucks that it will end in the very first round of the postseason itself due to the dumb injuries the Lakers have had causing them to slip this much. Then again, it's in part due to the Suns have the best injury luck any NBA team has had in years as well. I wish the Clippers weren't so below us and we can just tank out and drop to #3 somehow but doesn't look like that's realistic. We have a fighting chance to win a playoff series against any team in the West besides the Lakers yet we won't even have the chance to show it. :(

Yeah the whole FT disparity isn't a new thing, especially when it comes to playing against premier teams. The fact is this, AD is going to get those FT because we have no one to defend him so all we do is foul. That's the reality of playing against bigs when you have no bigs outside of Ayton to defend him and even he got into early foul trouble.

Completely agree on the point about not shoring up our frontline when there were bigs available. We didn't need the best of the best available but someone, hell anyone that could bang in the paint a little would've helped. Frank isn't that guy and Dario is just a little too small and slow. We had Craig to start the game and threw him and occasionally Bridges at one of the bigs that DA wasn't guarding and they looked like kids. The fact is this, the Lakers are the favourites and their position as a fringe playoff team/play-in team is totally a façade and whether we play them in the 1st round or the 2nd or the West Finals, I believe the road to the Finals is through the Lakers.
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,504

Post#343 » by lilfishi22 » Mon May 10, 2021 11:04 pm

Revived wrote:
Read on Twitter

Ayton has to seal and be ready for the ball here. Drummond who is not a good defender should not be getting steals on this.

He’s basically “rolling” on this play without wanting the ball at all. He’s playing scared.

Weak screen and roll into the defender's warm embrace. We gotta do better at using Ayton and he's gotta do better at either setting screens or rolling with the purpose to dragging defenders with him.
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame

Return to Phoenix Suns