ImageImageImage

NBA PLAYOFFS: RD 2 l Game 3 - (2) Phoenix Suns @ (3) Denver Nuggets l Friday l 7:00 l ESPN l Suns lead series (2-0)

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

What three players stepped up most in first two home games?

Bridges
26%
CP3
36%
Crowder
5%
Booker
2%
Ayton
21%
Payne
No votes
Saric
6%
Craig
5%

Total votes: 101

SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,247

NBA PLAYOFFS: RD 2 l Game 3 - (2) Phoenix Suns @ (3) Denver Nuggets l Friday l 7:00 l ESPN l Suns lead series (2-0) 

Post#1 » by SunsRback4Good » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:54 am

Who: Phoenix Suns @ Denver Nuggets

When: Friday, June 11th @ 7:00pm (10:00ET) l ESPN

Where: Ball Arena, Denver, CO

Phoenix Suns starting lineup:

C- Ayton
F- Crowder
F- Bridges
G- Booker
CP3

Reserves: Payne/Cam/Craig/Saric

Denver Nuggets starting lineup:

C- Jokic
F- Gordon
F- Porter
G- Rivers

G- Campazzo

Reserves: Morrris/Green/Millsap/Barton
Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 13,537

Re: NBA PLAYOFFS: RD 2 l Game 3 - (2) Phoenix Suns @ (3) Denver Nuggets l Friday l 7:00 l ESPN l Suns lead series (2-0) 

Post#3 » by Qwigglez » Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:54 am

Unfortunately I didn't plan ahead when I was pooping last week and decided to buy George Lopez stand-up comedy gig in Portland for Friday instead of Thursday. Hopefully I can catch some of the game or pay attention to the scoreboard at least.
schnakenpopanz
General Manager
And1: 2,489

Re: NBA PLAYOFFS: RD 2 l Game 3 - (2) Phoenix Suns @ (3) Denver Nuggets l Friday l 7:00 l ESPN l Suns lead series (2-0) 

Post#4 » by schnakenpopanz » Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:39 am

Qwigglez wrote:Unfortunately I didn't plan ahead when I was pooping last week and decided to buy George Lopez stand-up comedy gig in Portland for Friday instead of Thursday. Hopefully I can catch some of the game or pay attention to the scoreboard at least.
happens to the best of us.
we are not used to watch games this stage if the season

Gesendet von meinem SM-G780F mit Tapatalk
free steve nash!
Kyler Murray
Suns Forum Fantasy GOD
And1: 687

Post#5 » by Kyler Murray » Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:19 am

Foot. On. Throat. Let's get it, we don't want any nuggets comeback nonsense like last year.
Calvin Klein
RealGM
And1: 7,286

Post#6 » by Calvin Klein » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:13 pm

Ball Arena? they're not even trying anymore
King4Day
RealGM
And1: 9,188

Post#7 » by King4Day » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:23 pm

People around the league are starting to talk about how this might be Paul's best shot ever at an NBA Finals. It might be premature to say that considering his Rockets team was up 3-2 on the Golden State Warriors in the conference finals before a hamstring pull sidelined him three years ago.

But after the routine disappointments with the LA Clippers and the letdowns and near misses in Houston, this rising Suns' streak feels like the most unexpected playoff situation of Paul's career.

"I'm telling you," Paul said after scoring 17 points with 15 assists and no turnovers in Game 2. "I really haven't been on a team quite like this one."

Paul, who was the centerpiece of Lob City with the Clippers and on an offensive juggernaut in Houston, said he has never seen anything like it.

"Everybody shoots," Paul said. "You don't have to try to find a certain guy. Everybody [on our team] are knockdown shooters."

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/31601406/nba-playoffs-2021-chris-paul-drawn-better-scenario-phoenix-suns
"Sometimes, the dragon wins" #RallyTheValley
King4Day
RealGM

Post#8 » by King4Day » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:25 pm

Qwigglez wrote:Unfortunately I didn't plan ahead when I was pooping last week and decided to buy George Lopez stand-up comedy gig in Portland for Friday instead of Thursday. Hopefully I can catch some of the game or pay attention to the scoreboard at least.

I've begun clearing my schedule for this team. Last nights softball was (hopefully) the last thing that interferes with watching this team.
Barkley6
Veteran
And1: 2,405

Post#9 » by Barkley6 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:33 pm

Rookie mistake, but you know, it's been 11 years since we've had to plan like this. So I can understand a little rust.

Just don't let it happen again, you're better than that!

(For the record, I'm calling you up, not calling you out! :D )
King4Day
RealGM

Post#10 » by King4Day » Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:53 pm

WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,657

Post#11 » by WeekapaugGroove » Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:29 pm

Suns 1.5 point under dogs for game 3. Vegas odds makers must have some faith that Denver is going to come out fired up at home.

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
starbosa10
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,090

Post#12 » by starbosa10 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:09 am

WeekapaugGroove wrote:Suns 1.5 point under dogs for game 3. Vegas odds makers must have some faith that Denver is going to come out fired up at home.

Much smaller line then in Phx, pretty sure we were a 5/6 point favorite each game
Jesus_H_Macy
Rookie
And1: 1,074

Post#13 » by Jesus_H_Macy » Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:19 am

WeekapaugGroove wrote:Suns 1.5 point under dogs for game 3. Vegas odds makers must have some faith that Denver is going to come out fired up at home.

I think they will be but the Suns have proven so far they can match energy. I'm concerned about the altitude effect though...I wouldn't feel great about our chances in a close game because of the fatigue factor. Hopefully we don't let it stay close :D
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM

Post#14 » by WeekapaugGroove » Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:24 am

Every suns player should be watching this bucks nets game. This is the type of energy they are going to see tomorrow.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
darealjuice
Suns Forum Future All Star
And1: 8,763

Post#15 » by darealjuice » Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:31 am

King4Day wrote:
People around the league are starting to talk about how this might be Paul's best shot ever at an NBA Finals. It might be premature to say that considering his Rockets team was up 3-2 on the Golden State Warriors in the conference finals before a hamstring pull sidelined him three years ago.

But after the routine disappointments with the LA Clippers and the letdowns and near misses in Houston, this rising Suns' streak feels like the most unexpected playoff situation of Paul's career.

"I'm telling you," Paul said after scoring 17 points with 15 assists and no turnovers in Game 2. "I really haven't been on a team quite like this one."

Paul, who was the centerpiece of Lob City with the Clippers and on an offensive juggernaut in Houston, said he has never seen anything like it.

"Everybody shoots," Paul said. "You don't have to try to find a certain guy. Everybody [on our team] are knockdown shooters."

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/31601406/nba-playoffs-2021-chris-paul-drawn-better-scenario-phoenix-suns

It's really exciting that we can bring the core rotation of this team back next year if we just lock up CP3 and Cam Payne. We have a lot of young and hungry players, and there's been a ton of talk about how much CP3 has impacted them on and off the court. I'm excited to see this team with a full offseason and training camp under CP3's guidance.

Sarver is going to have to open up the piggy bank for the next few years to keep the band together, really hope he's up to the task. I'm sure him and his wallet prefer seeing butts in seats though.
King4Day
RealGM

Post#16 » by King4Day » Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:48 am

darealjuice wrote:
King4Day wrote:

It's really exciting that we can bring the core rotation of this team back next year if we just lock up CP3 and Cam Payne. We have a lot of young and hungry players, and there's been a ton of talk about how much CP3 has impacted them on and off the court. I'm excited to see this team with a full offseason and training camp under CP3's guidance.

Sarver is going to have to open up the piggy bank for the next few years to keep the band together, really hope he's up to the task. I'm sure him and his wallet prefer seeing butts in seats though.

I believe he will. He's making money on merch and we can see how much the crowd is into this team. They will sell endless season tickets
darealjuice
Suns Forum Future All Star
And1: 8,763

Post#17 » by darealjuice » Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:49 am

King4Day wrote:
darealjuice wrote:

I believe he will. He's making money on merch and we can see how much the crowd is into this team. They will sell endless season tickets

I think so too, especially if this team comes anywhere near a Championship this year.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,043

Post#18 » by bwgood77 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:50 am

WeekapaugGroove wrote:Every suns player should be watching this bucks nets game. This is the type of energy they are going to see tomorrow.

I honestly don't understand why Brooklyn has been killing them that bad. I mean I know Durant and Kyrie are good, but Giannis is a 2x MVP. Now maybe KD is better or some will argue that, but Giannis is better than Kyrie, and then after those 3 I'd say the Bucks have the next 3 best players in the series in Middleton, Holiday and Lopez (not counting Harden since he's out).

Now with Harden it would make more sense.
cberry78
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,420

Post#19 » by cberry78 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:24 am

bwgood77 wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:Every suns player should be watching this bucks nets game. This is the type of energy they are going to see tomorrow.

I honestly don't understand why Brooklyn has been killing them that bad. I mean I know Durant and Kyrie are good, but Giannis is a 2x MVP. Now maybe KD is better or some will argue that, but Giannis is better than Kyrie, and then after those 3 I'd say the Bucks have the next 3 best players in the series in Middleton, Holiday and Lopez (not counting Harden since he's out).

Because Giannis may be the best player on the court, but the 2nd best Buck is at best the 5th or 6th best player out there.
"Never argue with an idiot. You'll never convince the idiot that you're correct, and bystanders won't be able to tell who's who." - Mark Twain
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM

Post#20 » by WeekapaugGroove » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:32 am

cberry78 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

Because Giannis may be the best player on the court, but the 2nd best Buck is at best the 5th or 6th best player out there.
Harden hasn't played so I'd disagree there.

Bucks offense has been trash, way too much iso and Giannis should never take a pull up 3 ever again. Middleton finally showed up tonight but Holiday has had a rough series.

Return to Phoenix Suns