ImageImageImage

OT: Super Bowl

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,476

Re: OT: NFL fantasy - need one more participant - poll added for draft time/platform 

Post#161 » by bwgood77 » Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:32 pm

Slim Charless wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:
I'm actually worried about the Bengals. They're good and can legit win this weekend. I'm not sure KC's secondary can handle them plus Mixon is no joke either.

Yeah, they are good but inconsistent. The Chargers beat them pretty badly. The Chiefs are playing as well as anyone. It kind of sucks for the Chargers that Carson Wentz is out. They play the Raiders who the Chargers are tied with...though if the Chargers win out they should finish ahead of the Raiders I think anyway. But I don't think the Colts miss the playoffs even if they lose this one. Good conf record which is tiebreaker among multiple teams and a game ahead of others aside from New England who I don't expect to lose either. I figure there is one spot up for grabs between Miami, Baltimore, LAC, LV, and maybe Pitt, Den, Clev though those are long shots, particularly the last two. Chargers really took a huge blow when they blew that game against the Texans.

Think you guys will still make it. Hopefully the Pats lose to Miami at the end of the season....and Jacksonville this weekend. Would love to see them go down lol.

Yeah, it's kind of amazing that had the Chargers beaten the Chiefs two weeks ago when they went into OT after going for it on 4th inside the 5 twice and not getting it instead of kicking the FG, and then also went for it on 4th from inside the 30 once when they could have tried the FG.

And had they won the OT toss they could have also won like KC did while the other team didn't get a chance to touch the ball. OT rules need to be changed.

If they had won that one and simply beaten the Texans (but unfortunately were missing Ekeler, Bosa, Derwin James, Asante Samuel Jr, Corey Linsley, Mike Williams, Justin Jones (their best run stopper along with James), Donald Parham and Jalen Guyton, all starters along with I think another tackle, Bulaga...they couldn't hold up.

Had they won those two they'd actually be leading the division but instead are out of the playoffs for now.

They had a tough time with Denver last time. They beat the Raiders but the Raiders can play tough.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,448

Re: OT: NFL fantasy - need one more participant - poll added for draft time/platform 

Post#162 » by Revived » Fri Dec 31, 2021 10:19 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Yeah, they are good but inconsistent. The Chargers beat them pretty badly. The Chiefs are playing as well as anyone. It kind of sucks for the Chargers that Carson Wentz is out. They play the Raiders who the Chargers are tied with...though if the Chargers win out they should finish ahead of the Raiders I think anyway. But I don't think the Colts miss the playoffs even if they lose this one. Good conf record which is tiebreaker among multiple teams and a game ahead of others aside from New England who I don't expect to lose either. I figure there is one spot up for grabs between Miami, Baltimore, LAC, LV, and maybe Pitt, Den, Clev though those are long shots, particularly the last two. Chargers really took a huge blow when they blew that game against the Texans.

Think you guys will still make it. Hopefully the Pats lose to Miami at the end of the season....and Jacksonville this weekend. Would love to see them go down lol.

Yeah, it's kind of amazing that had the Chargers beaten the Chiefs two weeks ago when they went into OT after going for it on 4th inside the 5 twice and not getting it instead of kicking the FG, and then also went for it on 4th from inside the 30 once when they could have tried the FG.

And had they won the OT toss they could have also won like KC did while the other team didn't get a chance to touch the ball. OT rules need to be changed.

If they had won that one and simply beaten the Texans (but unfortunately were missing Ekeler, Bosa, Derwin James, Asante Samuel Jr, Corey Linsley, Mike Williams, Justin Jones (their best run stopper along with James), Donald Parham and Jalen Guyton, all starters along with I think another tackle, Bulaga...they couldn't hold up.

Had they won those two they'd actually be leading the division but instead are out of the playoffs for now.

They had a tough time with Denver last time. They beat the Raiders but the Raiders can play tough.

Can’t use covid absences to excuse the Texans loss. They were missing 21 players on the covid list and their already a bad team to begin with.

I wouldn’t mind missing playoffs if it ensured Tom Telesco is fired. Chargers have a ton of cap space this summer and I’d hate to see them waste it with his signings which could set the team back a few years. Should be trying to make smart signings now with Herbert still on his rookie deal.
Revived
RealGM

Post#163 » by Revived » Sun Jan 2, 2022 9:44 pm

bwgood77 wrote:.

Chargers control their own destiny again. Win out and their in.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#164 » by bwgood77 » Sun Jan 2, 2022 9:45 pm

Revived wrote:Chargers control their own destiny again. Win out and their in.

Yeah, just posted in the NFL forum...needed Miami and Baltimore to lose and to win out, and are in. Raiders same thing so next week could basically be a playoff game against the Raiders if they can win today.

If they do get 7 seed, as of today they would play KC in first round I guess...which might be more preferable than the AFC East or Sout winner. Tennessee or Buffalo/NE might be tougher. They play KC tough, even when KC was on fire. They played well against Cincy now, but Cincy on fire lately.
Revived
RealGM

Post#165 » by Revived » Mon Jan 3, 2022 12:15 am

bwgood77 wrote:

Yeah, just posted in the NFL forum...needed Miami and Baltimore to lose and to win out, and are in. Raiders same thing so next week could basically be a playoff game against the Raiders if they can win today.

If they do get 7 seed, as of today they would play KC in first round I guess...which might be more preferable than the AFC East or Sout winner. Tennessee or Buffalo/NE might be tougher. They play KC tough, even when KC was on fire. They played well against Cincy now, but Cincy on fire lately.

I’m not even worried about who they would play, just get in at least. It’s embarrassing to not make playoffs with a QB playing like Herbert’s been playing the last two years.

Now beat Raiders and their in. Same scenario for the Raiders. Biggest game of the season for both teams next Sunday.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#166 » by bwgood77 » Mon Jan 3, 2022 12:56 am

Revived wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

I’m not even worried about who they would play, just get in at least. It’s embarrassing to not make playoffs with a QB playing like Herbert’s been playing the last two years.

Now beat Raiders and their in. Same scenario for the Raiders. Biggest game of the season for both teams next Sunday.

AFC is tough though. Every team ahead of the Chargers is tough and they are lucky to be ahead of the Ravens who lost 5 games in a row (or maybe 6) but 4 of them by a total of 5 pts (GB, LAR, Pitt and Clev) and then also lost to Cincy. Two of those games I think they went for 2 at the end and would have won but didn't get it, once against GB. They also played a number of those games with Huntley.

Raiders are pretty good though and it's on the road. If healthy, Chargers have a good chance.
Kyler Murray
Suns Forum Fantasy GOD
And1: 690

Post#167 » by Kyler Murray » Mon Jan 3, 2022 9:18 pm

Slim Charless wrote:
Kyler Murray wrote:Waiting to see some more votes. I can fill last spots with a friend or 2. I'll give it a couple more days then I'm creating a league.

Me vs you for the chip. Good luck this weekend

Kudos my friend, my team crumbled when it mattered the most :lol: Super happy with my fantasy season tho, winning 3 out of 6 leagues I'm in, and a 2nd place in ours. Also there's a slim chance I can repeat in premier league (tho unlikely, but you never know with covid). At least nutcase is gonna start playing.
King4Day
RealGM
And1: 9,224

Re: OT: NFL discussion & Suns NFL fantasy league 

Post#168 » by King4Day » Fri Jan 7, 2022 2:44 pm

"Sometimes, the dragon wins" #RallyTheValley
Slim Charless
General Manager
And1: 6,176

Re: OT: NFL playoff discussion 

Post#169 » by Slim Charless » Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:55 am

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
King4Day
RealGM

Post#170 » by King4Day » Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:05 pm

I've been saying this since before my Saints won the Superbowl but the NFL MUST allow both teams at least one offensive possession in the post season. If a team scores a TD, thanks to a tired defense and the flip of a coin, the other team needs to be allowed a chance at rebuttal. If they score too, then next score wins and that's that.
The excuse of "Well the Bills shouldn't have let the Chiefs score" is old and lazy. Everyone could tell that the loser of the coinflip was not going to see the ball.

They have tweaked the postseason a couple of times already with the current OT rule (a FG allows the other team a chance at the same) and letting a 7th team reach the playoffs / eliminating a BYE. No reason they can't do this too.
It cost the Falcons the Superbowl. The Chiefs lost this way I think 4 years ago.
There are multiple situations this happens, and the NFL needs to address it.
Slim Charless
General Manager
And1: 6,176

Post#171 » by Slim Charless » Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:51 pm

King4Day wrote:I've been saying this since before my Saints won the Superbowl but the NFL MUST allow both teams at least one offensive possession in the post season. If a team scores a TD, thanks to a tired defense and the flip of a coin, the other team needs to be allowed a chance at rebuttal. If they score too, then next score wins and that's that.
The excuse of "Well the Bills shouldn't have let the Chiefs score" is old and lazy. Everyone could tell that the loser of the coinflip was not going to see the ball.

They have tweaked the postseason a couple of times already with the current OT rule (a FG allows the other team a chance at the same) and letting a 7th team reach the playoffs / eliminating a BYE. No reason they can't do this too.
It cost the Falcons the Superbowl. The Chiefs lost this way I think 4 years ago.

....I mean they had the chance to vote for a change. 3 yrs ago Mahomes lost to Brady in the AFC championship...in overtime...without touching the ball once. KC tried to change the rule to no avail. I don't feel bad for Buffalo at all.

They should've played defense for 13 seconds.
King4Day
RealGM

Post#172 » by King4Day » Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:03 pm

Slim Charless wrote:
King4Day wrote:I've been saying this since before my Saints won the Superbowl but the NFL MUST allow both teams at least one offensive possession in the post season. If a team scores a TD, thanks to a tired defense and the flip of a coin, the other team needs to be allowed a chance at rebuttal. If they score too, then next score wins and that's that.

....I mean they had the chance to vote for a change. 3 yrs ago Mahomes lost to Brady in the AFC championship...in overtime...without touching the ball once. KC tried to change the rule to no avail. I don't feel bad for Buffalo at all.

Or not have the kickoff go through the endzone. I don't agree with those saying to squib kick it, but it was clear the goal was to not give them a chance to gain yards on a run back. Bad move. Still shouldn't have mattered though
matt131
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,764

Post#173 » by matt131 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:04 pm

Slim Charless wrote:

Yeah I'm not sure why everyone is so amazed that KC managed to score a field goal when Buffalo was playing prevent defense with their safeties about 50 yards back. No duh Mahomes is gonna make 3 throws to get them in range.

I understand the desire for a more "fair" chance in overtime, but they knew the rules going in. The game has to end at some point. It was very exciting at the end and very exhilarating. That's the only reason it seems unfair. If the game was tied at 0-0 and both defenses had been playing amazingly well and in OT the first team scored on a lucky play or something along those lines, there'd be no desire to change the rules. It was a track meet that needed to end at some point and the bills unfortunately played the end of regulation poorly.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#174 » by bwgood77 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:53 pm

Yes, this was talked about a lot in the NFL forum. The coin toss shouldn't determine things and it more likely will happen with offensive teams. If the team that wins the toss wins 70% of the time or whatever, it's not fair.

I think they should either play a full period or make it more like college rules.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#175 » by bwgood77 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:55 pm

King4Day wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:

Or not have the kickoff go through the endzone. I don't agree with those saying to squib kick it, but it was clear the goal was to not give them a chance to gain yards on a run back. Bad move. Still shouldn't have mattered though

I think the KC clock keepers were generous in those 13 seconds too. They got a 19 yard and 25 yard reception each in 5 seconds. Even short end zone passes that are incomplete usually take a minimum of 6 seconds.
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets
And1: 6,494

Post#176 » by Ghost of Kleine » Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:22 pm

Sean Grande (@SeanGrandePBP) Tweeted:
The NBA's top performing teams in January...

Phoenix #1, Boston #2.

(And this obviously doesn't include the Suns' 15-point loss in Boston Dec. 31.)

The Celtics are #2 in the NBA defensively in January...it's also the first month this season they've been top 10 in offense. https://t.co/4ZotO5qbIt
Read on Twitter
?s=20

Lol! :lol:
You know that you've become the standard when an nba team looks to measure their success by a singular win against you almost a month ago.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Re: OT: Super Bowl 

Post#177 » by bwgood77 » Sun Feb 13, 2022 11:07 pm

Kyler Murray wrote:.

The Arizona Cardinals and franchise quarterback Kyler Murray are at odds after a season that began with promise ended with a thud in the first round of the playoffs.

Murray, who scrubbed any reference of the Cardinals from his Instagram account recently, is frustrated with the franchise and was embarrassed by the team's 34-11 playoff loss to the Los Angeles Rams, and he thinks he has been made the scapegoat, sources told ESPN's Chris Mortensen.

The Cardinals have their own concerns about Murray, with sources describing the 2019 No. 1 overall pick as self-centered, immature and someone who points fingers.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/33282228/sources-relationship-qb-kyler-murray-arizona-cardinals-odd-place-amid-frustrations-sides
RunDogGun
No Sham, More Cam
And1: 5,437

Post#178 » by RunDogGun » Mon Feb 14, 2022 3:05 pm

So last night while watching the Bengals, wearing their colors, because I was wearing Suns' gear, I noticed that they are 0-3 in championship games. Suns (after last season) are also 0-3 in championship games/series. Hopefully we change that this year.
RaisingArizona
RealGM
And1: 7,101

Post#179 » by RaisingArizona » Mon Feb 14, 2022 10:11 pm

RunDogGun wrote:So last night while watching the Bengals, wearing their colors, because I was wearing Suns' gear, I noticed that they are 0-3 in championship games. Suns (after last season) are also 0-3 in championship games/series. Hopefully we change that this year.
I have vested interest in both franchises. Probably the reason why.
RunDogGun
No Sham, More Cam
And1: 5,437

Post#180 » by RunDogGun » Tue Feb 15, 2022 1:06 am

RaisingArizona wrote:
RunDogGun wrote:So last night while watching the Bengals, wearing their colors, because I was wearing Suns' gear, I noticed that they are 0-3 in championship games. Suns (after last season) are also 0-3 in championship games/series. Hopefully we change that this year.
I have vested interest in both franchises. Probably the reason why.

So you're the reason...Damn, damn, teety doodoo! :lol:

Return to Phoenix Suns