Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,467

Re: Dynasty 21-22 congratulations KylerMurray(#1 pick), keeper deadline 10/1 

Post#101 » by bwgood77 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:07 am

bigfoot wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
bigfoot wrote:
I'm probably not going to set my keepers until near the deadline. I have a few players I would like to trade before setting anything in stone for my top 7 or 8. Hopefully, folks are checking the board often for trade opportunities.

OK...it's kind of a bit of a quandary for trading picks because picks will probably shift up depending on that. Your pick is so low and your team is so stacked though it would be weird for you to drop a guy, but of course fine with me.

Yep, I'm likely to keep 8 ... just not sure which 8 right now.

However, I don't think selecting 7 or 8 keepers impacts trading picks much. Last year 5 managers kept 8 keepers and forfeited their 1st pick. So 11 managers kept 7 keepers and drafted in the first round. I wouldn't expect much variance from those numbers.

I think it would be helpful if our two new managers could be added to the Yahoo league so they can see other managers' rosters and the current free-agent pool.

They need to PM their email addresses to sunskerr...

8on wrote:.
Slim Charless wrote:.
MrMiyagi
Suns Forum Eternal Optimist
And1: 7,171

Post#102 » by MrMiyagi » Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:39 am

Our draft is snaked, right?
Suns traded Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder and 4 1st round picks and a swap so some Vegas Bookies would like us.
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. - Isaac Asimov
Let us sing when we can, and forget the rest. - H.P. Lovecraft
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#103 » by bwgood77 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:44 am

MrMiyagi wrote:Our draft is snaked, right?

Not according to the spreadsheet, but it probably should be as the pool will drop somewhat fast after the top 5-7 or so draft picks and top 5-7 guys who got dropped from deep teams.
bigfoot
Suns Forum Anti-Tank Commander
And1: 6,167

Post#104 » by bigfoot » Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:55 am

bwgood77 wrote:

Not according to the spreadsheet, but it probably should be as the pool will drop somewhat fast after the top 5-7 or so draft picks and top 5-7 guys who got dropped from deep teams.

It wasn't snaked last year. The reason was to keep top teams from getting two quality picks in a row with a late first-round and early second-round pick. After the second-round, the pickings really get slim.

If we make any future mods it should be snaked within the tiers. That would help people like Kerrsed who would have the fourth pick in the first round and then the first pick in the second round.
dmastro32
Rookie
And1: 502

Post#105 » by dmastro32 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:05 am

tentative keepers for now:
Luka Doncic
John Collins
Jarett Allen
Collin Sexton
Lonzo Ball
Cameron Johnson
Lauri Markkanen
RJ Barrett
open for trades everyone except obviously Doncic is available for the right price.
sunskerr
General Manager
And1: 5,380

Post#106 » by sunskerr » Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:13 am

Invites sent out to the new managers. Once they get in and can see everyones rosters they will be able to make better trades/draft plans. Bwgood77 will be co-commissioner this year.

The FA draft is not snaked. I don't think it ever has been. The idea of snaking within tiers seems pretty interesting though.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#107 » by bwgood77 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:33 am

bigfoot wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

It wasn't snaked last year. The reason was to keep top teams from getting two quality picks in a row with a late first-round and early second-round pick. After the second-round, the pickings really get slim.

If we make any future mods it should be snaked within the tiers. That would help people like Kerrsed who would have the fourth pick in the first round and then the first pick in the second round.

I know...I remember the reasoning but that may have backfired, as people picking high get a massive advantage. I mean 16 teams with 8 keepers leaves a thin pool. I think a top pick like a Cade Cunningham or a Jalen Green or Evan Mobley is likely a FAR better dynasty investment than whoever the teams would get at the end of the first round (or whoever they kept for their 8th keeper)...so then they essentially STILL don't get a pick for another 16 picks...even more in the 2nd.

I think it takes a while to see, as you had top picks for a couple years, first because you had an injured Curry (usually top 3 player) so you got Zion. Then you got LaMelo. Then you got a pick at the top of the 2nd. And vaulted to 2nd (but would have probably been first with slightly more health).

We should probably do at least snaked within tiers, but that only changes about half the teams very much...the other half move up or down 1 spot.

Or we could just do a full lottery (or random pick generator) for the 2nd-5th rounds.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#108 » by bwgood77 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:34 am

sunskerr wrote:Invites sent out to the new managers. Once they get in and can see everyones rosters they will be able to make better trades/draft plans. Bwgood77 will be co-commissioner this year.

The FA draft is not snaked. I don't think it ever has been. The idea of snaking within tiers seems pretty interesting though.

I think it was snaked until the last couple years. Whenever bigfoot got here and complained about inheriting the bad team.
sunskerr
General Manager

Post#109 » by sunskerr » Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:51 am

bwgood77 wrote:
sunskerr wrote:Invites sent out to the new managers. Once they get in and can see everyones rosters they will be able to make better trades/draft plans. Bwgood77 will be co-commissioner this year.

I think it was snaked until the last couple years. Whenever bigfoot got here and complained about inheriting the bad team.

:lol: well that's one way to put it. I do understand the concerns with a non-snaked draft. But with bigfoots case we also have to remember that 1)LaMelo was passed on as the #1 pick 2)Michael Porter Jr. broke out + Murray ACL tear 3) Kelly Olynyk went absolute god mode 4)Literally everybody passed on Mike Conley so his value where he was drafted was insane

So those are 2 drafts (LaMelo, Conley) made by Bigfoot that were both really well executed, but also could have been denied by other managers (ex. LaMelo goes #1, we don't let Conley drop like a rock etc), and I don't think they are really problems that are necessarily eliminated by snake drafting, although it's still hard for me to deny that over the course of a couple drafts, statistically it's probably harder to pull off getting a guy like Conley that late.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#110 » by bwgood77 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:58 am

sunskerr wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

:lol: well that's one way to put it. I do understand the concerns with a non-snaked draft. But with bigfoots case we also have to remember that 1)LaMelo was passed on as the #1 pick 2)Michael Porter Jr. broke out + Murray ACL tear 3) Kelly Olynyk went absolute god mode 4)Literally everybody passed on Mike Conley so his value where he was drafted was insane

So those are 2 drafts (LaMelo, Conley) made by Bigfoot that were both really well executed, but also could have been denied by other managers (ex. LaMelo goes #1, we don't let Conley drop like a rock etc), and I don't think they are really problems that are necessarily eliminated by snake drafting, although it's still hard for me to deny that over the course of a couple drafts, statistically it's probably harder to pull off getting a guy like Conley that late.

I mean yeah, I was joking but he got Zion who fetched him KD so he immediately has 2 of the best 4 fantasy players. Regardless of the other stuff, a team has that and just drafts decently and has decent keepers he will be tough to beat. Also got Hayward in the trade.

But usually with a snake draft you have managers who are mostly ok with drafting wherever.....in a non snake obviously it's different. But with top cornerstone rookies coming out every year there is an enormous discrepancy between like the top 5-7 guys and the rest.

I think we voted on it last year. We could vote again on various ways.
bigfoot

Post#111 » by bigfoot » Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:04 am

bwgood77 wrote:

It was a really, really, really, bad team too. I had Curry and Covington as my top two players. Everyone else was a hot mess out of the top 100 players. Then I got screwed in the Ayton/Doncic draft and dropped to 8th. High hopes for Mo Bamba and of course he did nothing for two years so I dropped him. He could pan out for someone this year. Thankfully I nabbed Michael Porter Jr in that draft. He did nothing for two years as well but at least showed up in his third year. Zion was a no-brainer pick and I flipped him for a couple of old guys. I think people thought I was nuts for picking LaMelo over Wiseman but I'm happy with that choice.

Why is it feast or famine? I'd like to just roll with the team I have.

Keepers for sure

Curry/Durant/MPJ/LaMelo/Hayward/Conley

Got to figure out two to keep from Covington/Keldon Johnson/Tyler Herro/Kelly Olynyk/Thad Young
sunskerr
General Manager

Post#112 » by sunskerr » Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:13 am

bigfoot wrote:Then I got screwed in the Ayton/Doncic draft and dropped to 8th.

When you list your keepers out that way, I might just have to blow my team up :lol:

Also how did dropping to 8th happen? Was it just 5th to 8th or was the draft done differently back then? I think that was before I joined.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#113 » by bwgood77 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:20 am

sunskerr wrote:

When you list your keepers out that way, I might just have to blow my team up :lol:

Also how did dropping to 8th happen? Was it just 5th to 8th or was the draft done differently back then? I think that was before I joined.

We were in tiers, and he had probably taken over a team that was in the second to bottom tier...it did have Curry.

Yeah, I was looking at your and his rosters the other day and was kind of surprised you beat him, though he probably had a lot of injuries.

I think my team is no better than middle of the pack but I just stayed pretty active despite having a lot of injuries. Still surprised I somehow finished 3rd. I was down at the very bottom with bigfoot last year. I got the 4th pick (I always lose out on those mini lottos) and got Hayes, which did not turn out well. I think he might be ok but he was out almost all year. I don't think I've ever gotten a good high pick. I had one of my main guys, LeVert out a lot last year too.
bigfoot

Post#114 » by bigfoot » Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:20 am

sunskerr wrote:

Yep, it was 5th to 8th and I got 8th. Had the 5th worst record so got bumped down as much as I could have.
bigfoot

Post#115 » by bigfoot » Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:30 am

bwgood77 wrote:
sunskerr wrote:

We were in tiers, and he had probably taken over a team that was in the second to bottom tier...it did have Curry.

Yeah, I was looking at your and his rosters the other day and was kind of surprised you beat him, though he probably had a lot of injuries.

Games missed

Conley 21
MPJ 11
LaMelo 21
Curry 9
Durant 27
Hayward 18

Olynyk and Covington beasted for me at the end of the season to keep it close
sunskerr
General Manager

Post#116 » by sunskerr » Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:43 am

bwgood77 wrote:
sunskerr wrote:

The injuries were incredibly difficult to navigate last year for pretty much everyone, although I think I got the least of it since the start I had to the season was a ridiculous pace (I think at one point Boucher and Jaylen were like 2nd/3rd round value, and Plumlee + Anderson like 5th round lmao) combined with relatively few injuries. So while all my players were healthy at the start, they were also playing out of their minds.

But in my defense though, I hit on basically all my picks, and had one of the youngest teams in the league during a season with a very condensed schedule. The worst guy on my team I think for most of the season was DiVincenzo, so there were no bad players on the roster.

Im just glad Kelly Olynyk didnt beat me :lol: I hadn't won one of our leagues here since I was in like high school
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#117 » by bwgood77 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:46 am

sunskerr wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
sunskerr wrote:

The injuries were incredibly difficult to navigate last year for pretty much everyone, although I think I got the least of it since the start I had to the season was a ridiculous pace (I think at one point Boucher and Jaylen were like 2nd/3rd round value, and Plumlee + Anderson like 5th round lmao) combined with relatively few injuries. So while all my players were healthy at the start, they were also playing out of their minds.

But in my defense though, I hit on basically all my picks, and had one of the youngest teams in the league during a season with a very condensed schedule. The worst guy on my team I think for most of the season was DiVincenzo, so there were no bad players on the roster.

Yeah, I had 3 or 4 rookies on my roster at all times. I drafted 2 or 3...Poku being one and hung onto him for awhile...but had Hayes all year, Maledon some, Hampton some, Bey some and I think some others. I think I came to realize just like many teams do...rookies and 2nd year players don't win you much.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#118 » by bwgood77 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:01 am

sunskerr wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
sunskerr wrote:

Im just glad Kelly Olynyk didnt beat me :lol: I hadn't won one of our leagues here since I was in like high school

I can't even remember if I won. I don't think so. It seems like I was in the lead for the first couple months...then probably moved up again at the end because I don't play games as fast as most in premier.
Slim Charless
General Manager
And1: 6,175

Re: Dynasty 21-22 congratulations KylerMurray(#1 pick), discuss keeper deadline 

Post#119 » by Slim Charless » Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:25 am

MrMiyagi wrote:Also listening to offers for the 2nd overall pick.

Which team are you? I might be interested in the 2nd overall pick.

Edit: Waxed on?
MrMiyagi
Suns Forum Eternal Optimist
And1: 7,171

Re: Dynasty 21-22 congratulations KylerMurray(#1 pick), discuss keeper deadline 

Post#120 » by MrMiyagi » Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:38 am

Slim Charless wrote:
MrMiyagi wrote:Also listening to offers for the 2nd overall pick.

Which team are you? I might be interested in the 2nd overall pick.

Edit: Waxed on?

Indeed
Suns traded Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder and 4 1st round picks and a swap so some Vegas Bookies would like us.
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. - Isaac Asimov
Let us sing when we can, and forget the rest. - H.P. Lovecraft

Return to Phoenix Suns