ImageImageImage

Make your conf standings predictions. Link in first post to fill in records to make easy to grade at season's end

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

NYKnickerbocker
RealGM
And1: 13,445

Re: What are your conference standings predictions? 

Post#41 » by NYKnickerbocker » Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:40 am

mademan wrote:
DaGawd wrote:
mademan wrote:
I find it difficult to rank teams like the Knicks who surprise one year and then change the makeup of the squad the next. They were a top 3 defense last year and i cant see that continuing with Kemba/Fournier starting in the backcourt. That said, this is an infusion of offensive talent/shooting for a team desperate for it but it kinda changes who they are. Just hard to rank them. I can see them improving but i honestly would not be surprised to see them fall apart.

The rim protectors are all Thibs really needs to make the defense work. He has that still with Mitchell Robinson, Noel, Sims and Gibson holds his own when needed with his veteran savvy. I see the defense still being top 10 maybe slipping a bit from last season but the offense being leaps and bounds better than last seasons

Call me skeptical that a top 10 defense can be made from a backcourt of Kemba/Fournier.

He’s pulled it off with worse defensive talent I’d say lol. Wasn’t one of those bulls team running Bellini,Nate Robinson and Boozer heavy minutes and still a top 10 defense. If anyone can do it, it’s thibs
deadfeather
Rookie
And1: 366

Post#42 » by deadfeather » Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:11 am

JujitsuFlip wrote:
deadfeather wrote:West

1. Lakers
2. Suns
3. Jazz
4. Warriors
5. Nuggets
6. Mavs
7. Clippers
8. Grizzlies
‐----------------------
9. Wolves
10. Blazers
11. Pelicans
12. Spurs
13. Kings
14. Thunder
15. Rockets

East

1. Nets
2. Bucks
3. Hawks
4. Celtics
5. Bulls
6. Sixers
7. Knicks
8. Hornets
------------------------
9. Heat
10. Pacers
11. Pistons
12. Raptors
13. Wizards
14. Magic
15. Cavs
Oh dang, you have the Heat that low because their lack of depth?

The Heat havent made major improvements while the Bulls are going to make major waves, the Hornets are going to do the same with Lamelo, and I think the Knicks are just better defensively and that will carry them over. I dont see the Heat as a bad team, I just see them being pushed out in the East.

Edit: I probably should clarify I dont think Lowery will have a good year with this roster.
aussiewill
Rookie
And1: 179

Post#43 » by aussiewill » Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:23 am

West-

Suns
Jazz
Lakers
Mavs
Nuggets
Clippers
Grizzlies
--
Blazers
Wolves
Warriors
Kings
--
Spurs
Rockets
Pelicans
Thunder

East

Nets
Bucks
Knicks
Hawks
Bulls
Celtics
Sixers
--
Heat
Pacers
Raptors
Hornets
--
Pistons
Wizards
Cavs
Magic
JujitsuFlip
General Manager
And1: 4,883

Post#44 » by JujitsuFlip » Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:25 am

deadfeather wrote:
JujitsuFlip wrote:
deadfeather wrote:West

1. Lakers
2. Suns
3. Jazz
4. Warriors
5. Nuggets
6. Mavs
7. Clippers
8. Grizzlies
‐----------------------
9. Wolves
10. Blazers
11. Pelicans
12. Spurs
13. Kings
14. Thunder
15. Rockets

East

1. Nets
2. Bucks
3. Hawks
4. Celtics
5. Bulls
6. Sixers
7. Knicks
8. Hornets
------------------------
9. Heat
10. Pacers
11. Pistons
12. Raptors
13. Wizards
14. Magic
15. Cavs
Oh dang, you have the Heat that low because their lack of depth?

The Heat havent made major improvements while the Bulls are going to make major waves, the Hornets are going to do the same with Lamelo, and I think the Knicks are just better defensively and that will carry them over. I dont see the Heat as a bad team, I just see them being pushed out in the East.

Edit: I probably should clarify I dont think Lowery will have a good year with this roster.
I believe in the Heat and Bulls movements. Both are kinda thin outside their top like 5 or 6 guys on quality depth but long as they can avoid the injury bug, should be fine.

Spo is a defensive minded coach, so I think that will carry em most the season. Outside of the Bucks and Nets I'm not sure any of the other 13 teams have a real shot at coming outta the East though.
Asianiac_24
General Manager
And1: 3,577

Post#45 » by Asianiac_24 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:25 am

Bucks
Nets
Hawks
Heat
Celtics
Sixers
Bulls
Raptors

West

Jazz
Suns
Warriors
Nuggets
Clippers
Blazers
Lakers
Mavs

In order
Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,684

Post#46 » by Pachinko_ » Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:52 am

Very little change from last year's standings.
LAL1947
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,620

Post#47 » by LAL1947 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:37 am

———
East
———
Bucks
Nets
Hawks
Heat
Bulls
Celtics
Knicks
Sixers - kept them at 8th as a placeholder while we see what happens with Simmons
———
Pacers
Wizards
Hornets
Raptors
Magic
Cavs
Pistons

———
West
———
Suns
Lakers
Jazz
Blazers
Nuggets
Warriors
Mavs
Clippers
———
Timberwolves
Pelicans
Kings
Spurs
Grizzlies
Thunder
Rockets
mademan
RealGM
And1: 28,083

Post#48 » by mademan » Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:10 am

NYKnickerbocker wrote:
mademan wrote:
DaGawd wrote:
The rim protectors are all Thibs really needs to make the defense work. He has that still with Mitchell Robinson, Noel, Sims and Gibson holds his own when needed with his veteran savvy. I see the defense still being top 10 maybe slipping a bit from last season but the offense being leaps and bounds better than last seasons

Call me skeptical that a top 10 defense can be made from a backcourt of Kemba/Fournier.

He’s pulled it off with worse defensive talent I’d say lol. Wasn’t one of those bulls team running Bellini,Nate Robinson and Boozer heavy minutes and still a top 10 defense. If anyone can do it, it’s thibs

They played basically 1 defensive liability at a time. Robinson/Bellinili were bit players surrounded by top tier defensive talent (like Deng/Taj/Noah). He absolutely has not pulled it off with worse defensive talent, but I guess we'll see.
CobraCommander
RealGM
And1: 13,760

Post#49 » by CobraCommander » Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:45 pm

FreeThrowLine wrote:East

Bucks
Nets
Heat
Hawks
Celtics
Bulls
Sixers
Knicks
—————
Hornets
Pacers
Raptors
Magic
Wizards
Pistons
Cavs

**Sixers could move either way depending on the Simmons outcome

West

Lakers
Suns
Nuggets
Jazz
Blazers
Warriors
Mavs
Clippers
—————
Grizzlies
Pelicans
Kings
Spurs
Timberwolves
Rockets
Thunder

The West looks very weak in comparison

If you posted this before preseason I would have torched you...but alas this looks accurate on all counts and you might have the wizards too high
FreeThrowLine
Veteran
And1: 4,274

Post#50 » by FreeThrowLine » Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:52 pm

CobraCommander wrote:If you posted this before preseason I would have torched you...but alas this looks accurate on all counts and you might have the wizards too high

To be honest I haven’t watched or followed preseason this year so it didn’t affect my rankings.

As far as the Wizards, it’s just a case of so many teams in the East improving (on paper) that I have them that low
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,074

Post#51 » by bwgood77 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:35 am

Jimmy Plopper's from google sheet:

bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#52 » by bwgood77 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:55 pm

giberish predictions on google sheet.

bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#53 » by bwgood77 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:24 pm

Moonbeam's predictions from google sheet linked in first post:

bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#54 » by bwgood77 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:26 am

oldncreaky's predictions from google sheet linked in first post:

bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#55 » by bwgood77 » Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:14 pm

aguiar's predictions from google sheet linked in first post:

blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 19,884

Post#56 » by blueNorange » Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:34 pm

i hate predicting record, i just know the knicks will be a good team -- how good is the question.

they're shooting more threes and playing at a faster pace -- kemba and fournier are major upgrades from payton and bullocks, especially when it comes to creating space. last year knicks only had rj/randle in their starting 5 that could create for themselves and others, now there's 4 guys in the starting 5 that do it.

fournier's game fits in perfectly, rj's jumper not only looks picture perfect but he's grown and is now 6'7".

the ball movement has been beautiful, hopefully they keep it up because you never outrun the ball

Read on Twitter
?s=20
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 39,616

Re: Predictions...easy google sheet to enter YOURS 

Post#57 » by KingDavid » Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:12 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
SNPA wrote:I predict that for most posters a link to a google sheet with instructions is to much effort. :D

Well, you see day and week long diaries and back and forths on COVID that requires hours and hours of people's time to try and convince people to change their minds (hint: they won't)...so....

Plus, I thought about just making a thread where people had to type it out, but that's a hell of a lot more work than going to a sheet and entering records next to teams....or do I overestimate our users?

OR, if people don't understand google or simply would like me to create them their personal tab to work off of, they can ask here.

Bingooooo. It's why I mind my business and generally try to avoid the vulnerable population. I'm vaccinated, so is my family. Don't care if the next person is or isn't just as long as they're informed. 8-)
#HEATLifer

Long Live Kobe Bryant. My idol's idol.
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 39,616

Re: What are your conf standings predictions? Google sheet tool in first post to just fill in records 

Post#58 » by KingDavid » Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:13 pm

bwgood77 wrote:Lets see everyone's predictions. You can post them in this thread.

Or to make things easier, I have created a google sheet. There are instructions on how to create your own tab on the bottom.

Let me know if you have any questions.

You can take a screen shot if you do it there (or I can) and post in this thread.

Link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QibYtFOj6wDgJ3zOg76g6tAwtfN5DDs-63oxqx7RBUo/edit#gid=850501064

I'll give it a shot when I get to my laptop. I suspect injuries will throw it all off though :-?
#HEATLifer

Long Live Kobe Bryant. My idol's idol.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Re: What are your conf standings predictions? Google sheet tool in first post to just fill in records 

Post#59 » by bwgood77 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:11 am

KingDavid wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:Lets see everyone's predictions. You can post them in this thread.

Or to make things easier, I have created a google sheet. There are instructions on how to create your own tab on the bottom.

Let me know if you have any questions.

You can take a screen shot if you do it there (or I can) and post in this thread.

Link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QibYtFOj6wDgJ3zOg76g6tAwtfN5DDs-63oxqx7RBUo/edit#gid=850501064

I'll give it a shot when I get to my laptop. I suspect injuries will throw it all off though :-?

As will be the case for everyone. I'm just wondering who you have at 2nd in the east behind the Heat.
Scalabrine
RealGM
And1: 7,276

Post#60 » by Scalabrine » Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:15 am

bwgood77 wrote:
DaGawd wrote:If the Knicks end up being the 8th seed.. the East is strong af.. this team is way better than last season

Well the Heat should be WAY better and the Bulls should be quite a bit better, but I have the Knicks and Bulls about the same. The Bulls are interesting with a lot of talent, ball movement and scorers, but no defense. The Knicks have a year of playoff experience plus Kemba and Fournier which is big. If Kemba is even close to what he used to be, they should be pretty tough. But I think the top 3 are probably a tier above and maybe the Hawks if they improve with playoff experience and a little more health.

Now if Barrett takes another big step forward, than who knows? But the experience of the Nets, Bucks and Lowry joining Butler, Bam, etc, make those 3 all seem very tough.

I'm not seeing the Heat as as big of a regular season threat as you.

They got Lowry but they also lost some depth and chemistry. I think they are gonna be a huge playoff threat, but between not pushing Lowry (36) and Butler (32) too hard before then, and their lack of depth, and figuring out new roles, I'm curious to see how they actually do over the full season.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Gabe Vincent is their backup point guard right? Dedmon is the backup C? KZ Okpala is their backup 3? Lets see if the Heat can work their magic again, but that's not great depth for a team thats gonna be relying on the older guys.
Go Knicks!

Return to Phoenix Suns