9%

Total votes: 11

PittsburghSuns
Junior
And1: 289

Re: Other Playoff Series 

Post#1181 » by PittsburghSuns » Sat May 21, 2022 9:39 am

Puff wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:Damn, Dallas shoots nearly 47% on 3s on 45 attempts and still loses by 9.

We would have been crushed by either team tonight.

Golden State punished them with Looney. I think he had a career high in points at 21.

As most have said our advantage over the Mav's was Ayton. We should have punished them with Ayton, like the Warriors did with Looney. If Booker wants a super max he needs to shoot like Curry did tonight.

I really do not understand what went wrong with our team. It is really depressing. I can see our team beating either of these teams. Something really went wrong. As advertised, we were the best team in the league. We just played like crap.

Was that really our team that lost or a bunch of imposters?

The biggest issue of all was that this was our year to win it. CP3 will not be as effective next year he is breaking down in front of our eyes. We may or may not have DA and then what will we get back instead? We need a good backup PG but don’t think we have any money to get one. Our bench right now as constructed is horrible and you have to wonder about Cam J as the 6th man and if he can get any better? I don’t see anyway possible we are better next season sadly.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,461

Post#1182 » by bwgood77 » Sat May 21, 2022 12:29 pm

Puff wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:Damn, Dallas shoots nearly 47% on 3s on 45 attempts and still loses by 9.

Golden State punished them with Looney. I think he had a career high in points at 21.

As most have said our advantage over the Mav's was Ayton. We should have punished them with Ayton, like the Warriors did with Looney. If Booker wants a super max he needs to shoot like Curry did tonight.

I really do not understand what went wrong with our team. It is really depressing. I can see our team beating either of these teams. Something really went wrong. As advertised, we were the best team in the league. We just played like crap.

Well, and they shot 50% from 3, but yeah, scoring high% buckets like that in the middle is big and only helps your 3 pt shooters be open since they have to decide what to focus on. Ayton would really kill teams if we had shooters who punished them with 50% shooting as opposed to 35% shooting, and then guys who thrive in the mid range which allows more defenders to clog the paint.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1183 » by bwgood77 » Sat May 21, 2022 12:32 pm

PittsburghSuns wrote:
Puff wrote:

The biggest issue of all was that this was our year to win it. CP3 will not be as effective next year he is breaking down in front of our eyes. We may or may not have DA and then what will we get back instead? We need a good backup PG but don’t think we have any money to get one. Our bench right now as constructed is horrible and you have to wonder about Cam J as the 6th man and if he can get any better? I don’t see anyway possible we are better next season sadly.

Yeah, hard to be better than our best regular season ever. Unfortunately Paul got injured in the Mavs series (after Booker did in the previous one). Had we stayed healthy (including Cam) we'd be better. GS finally got healthy for the playoffs and Dallas is only missing THJr but may be better without him with their 3D guys, Kleber, Brunson along with Luka and then Dinwiddie off the bench coming in for like 30 at times.
PittsburghSuns
Junior

Post#1184 » by PittsburghSuns » Sat May 21, 2022 1:50 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
PittsburghSuns wrote:
Puff wrote:

Yeah, hard to be better than our best regular season ever. Unfortunately Paul got injured in the Mavs series (after Booker did in the previous one). Had we stayed healthy (including Cam) we'd be better. GS finally got healthy for the playoffs and Dallas is only missing THJr but may be better without him with their 3D guys, Kleber, Brunson along with Luka and then Dinwiddie off the bench coming in for like 30 at times.

No I’m Not saying be better in terms of a regular season record I’m saying we will not be the contender we were this year. CP 3 is not going to cut it at his age and the DA situation???
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1185 » by bwgood77 » Sat May 21, 2022 4:44 pm

PittsburghSuns wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
PittsburghSuns wrote:

No I’m Not saying be better in terms of a regular season record I’m saying we will not be the contender we were this year. CP 3 is not going to cut it at his age and the DA situation???

Oh yeah, if we don't have Ayton back or have him half a season and CP3 declines we will be a lot worse. Without teams having to double Ayton, they will trap Book who has trouble with that, stick more to 3 pt shooters, etc.

On top of that the west should be tougher with Kawhi back, George not out a long portion of season, AD back, Zion back (and the 8th pick they got from the Lakers), Denver players back, etc. Warriors not having Draymond, Curry and Klay out for so long (along with Wiseman), and improved Kuminga and Moody, etc.

Sure some players might be injured on other team..could be Suns.
IamBBAnalysis
Pro Prospect
And1: 500

Post#1186 » by IamBBAnalysis » Sat May 21, 2022 8:57 pm

Puff wrote:

The Suns had MANY advantages over the Mavs, based on the team we thought they were. The backcourt should have been a HUGE advantage but somehow was not. Bridges should have been better than any wing they had but was not. Johnson was supposed to be one of the best 6th men and was not.

The Mavs played well and you have to give them credit but the Suns completely fell apart from where they were earlier in the season.

I'm with you, this organization needs to give the fans some answers. Right now we are getting nothing.
kennydorglas
Suns Forum Statistical Savant
And1: 5,983

Post#1187 » by kennydorglas » Sat May 21, 2022 9:30 pm

Mavs 70% favorite lol
"I got nothing to prove in this league. I’m a max player, and I’ll continue to be a max player."
Five foot Eighton

“No matter what you do or how you do it, as long as you have true passion you will succeed.”
Luis “WEEZY” Egurrola
Puff
Sixth Man
And1: 1,379

Post#1188 » by Puff » Sun May 22, 2022 12:45 am

IamBBAnalysis wrote:
Puff wrote:

The Suns had MANY advantages over the Mavs, based on the team we thought they were. The backcourt should have been a HUGE advantage but somehow was not. Bridges should have been better than any wing they had but was not. Johnson was supposed to be one of the best 6th men and was not.

The Mavs played well and you have to give them credit but the Suns completely fell apart from where they were earlier in the season.

I'm with you, this organization needs to give the fans some answers. Right now we are getting nothing.

I agree with all of that. I expect we will have a pretty good idea come July, but I am not sure of that.

Something happened in the locker room. I doubt we will never know what happened.
      "Fire Jones and Vogel. Hire a GM that can trade one or more of the Big Three that will allow us to be watchable again" :crazy:
TeamTragic
General Manager
And1: 5,887

Post#1189 » by TeamTragic » Sun May 22, 2022 3:16 am

Butler injured his knee again. Smart rolled his ankle. Tatum got nailed in the shoulder.

The injuries this offseason are out of control. Meanwhile Silver wants to extend the play-in.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1190 » by bwgood77 » Sun May 22, 2022 4:26 am

kennydorglas wrote:Mavs 70% favorite lol

Did you say that when we were up on them 2-0 as well?

I kind of want to see Boston/GS though.

It's weird, every time Boston got behind Milwaukee in that series, I still felt like they would win if they stayed healthy, I feel the same way about their current series.
thamadkant
Suns Forum Picker of Cherries
And1: 7,771

Post#1191 » by thamadkant » Sun May 22, 2022 6:39 pm

IamBBAnalysis wrote:
Puff wrote:

From post All Star game... suns just looked bored or less intense defensively.

The Pelicans series suns role players disappeared and played bad. So suns depth changed from being top 5 to bottom 5 from the last 3rd of the season and onto the playoffs.

Suns were lucky against Pelicans. The CP3 100% from the field is an anomaly and helped, but based on the Mavs Game 7.... if Pelicans got to Game 7 with Suns... I am now 60% confident Pelicans would have won.

Suns need to get rid of this Never too High Never too Low attitude. Game 7 needs that extra emotional boost to drive effort and adrenaline.
kennydorglas
Suns Forum Statistical Savant
And1: 5,983

Post#1192 » by kennydorglas » Mon May 23, 2022 1:57 am

bwgood77 wrote:
kennydorglas wrote:Mavs 70% favorite lol

Did you say that when we were up on them 2-0 as well?

I kind of want to see Boston/GS though.

It's weird, every time Boston got behind Milwaukee in that series, I still felt like they would win if they stayed healthy, I feel the same way about their current series.

Oh yeah, before we transformed ourselves in the tanking suns again haha

This GS team is too stacked for that.
"I got nothing to prove in this league. I’m a max player, and I’ll continue to be a max player."
Five foot Eighton

“No matter what you do or how you do it, as long as you have true passion you will succeed.”
Luis “WEEZY” Egurrola
bwoolf2
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,306

Post#1193 » by bwoolf2 » Mon May 23, 2022 2:42 am

Luka ain't getting same calls he got against the Suns, flopping has no5 been paying off.
PittsburghSuns
Junior

Post#1194 » by PittsburghSuns » Mon May 23, 2022 3:07 am

Basketball fans got robbed by the Suns completely **** the bed this Mavericks might be the worst conference finals team ever. And they beat us on the road by 60 in game 7.
bwoolf2
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,306

Post#1195 » by bwoolf2 » Mon May 23, 2022 3:18 am

Andrew Wiggins is underrated
JDJ26
Junior
And1: 489

Post#1196 » by JDJ26 » Mon May 23, 2022 3:46 am

If the Mavs get swept, I wouldn't be surprised if Monty will be on the hot seat.
handsome salary
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,120

Post#1197 » by handsome salary » Mon May 23, 2022 3:53 am

JDJ26 wrote:If the Mavs get swept, I wouldn't be surprised if Monty will be on the hot seat.

Why wouldn’t he be already? They blew a 2-0 series lead with hca and were down by over 40 in Game 7.
garrick
Head Coach
And1: 2,974

Post#1198 » by garrick » Mon May 23, 2022 3:56 am

bwoolf2 wrote:Andrew Wiggins is underrated

He's ok but he's a lot bigger and more athletic than Bridges and more of a scoring threat as well. Dallas didn't really need to pay much attention to him on offense as he was so bad outside game 1.

Saw a few plays where Wiggins guarded Luka and he did a pretty good job not letting himself get backed down all the way to the basket.
starbosa10
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,152

Post#1199 » by starbosa10 » Mon May 23, 2022 3:56 am

Luka trying to flop after he got yammed on, glad Kerr challenged it
TeamTragic
General Manager
And1: 5,887

Post#1200 » by TeamTragic » Mon May 23, 2022 4:11 am

Warriors getting it done against Luka :lol: