ImageImageImage

Around the NBA 2021-22

Moderators: bwgood77, Kerrsed, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Bogyo
Starter
Posts: 2,264
And1: 1,331
Joined: Jul 29, 2013

Re: Around the NBA 2021-22 

Post#121 » by Bogyo » Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:02 am

lilfishi22 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Bogyo wrote:
Saw somewhere that it's nerve issue, that could be season ending.


Wasn't his back the same problem he had in college that kept him out a long time and his whole first season and part of 2nd?

Just got a max....wow.

Yeah it was. I think there are pretty significant incentives in his contract so it's not all guaranteed but still is a big amount


Plus I believe one or two of his siblings also had this problem while they were playing competitive (ncaa?) sports.
It's one sister playing basketball (or volleyball?) and maybe a brother too... Just off the top of my head, and too lazy to look, but I'm pretty sure this (or something very similart to this) is the case. Not looking good for the Nuggets if that contract is not paid by insurance...
User avatar
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 79,013
And1: 46,888
Joined: Feb 06, 2009
Location: Austin
Contact:
   

Re: Around the NBA 2021-22 

Post#122 » by bwgood77 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:07 am

Bogyo wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Wasn't his back the same problem he had in college that kept him out a long time and his whole first season and part of 2nd?

Just got a max....wow.

Yeah it was. I think there are pretty significant incentives in his contract so it's not all guaranteed but still is a big amount


Plus I believe one or two of his siblings also had this problem while they were playing competitive (ncaa?) sports.
It's one sister playing basketball (or volleyball?) and maybe a brother too... Just off the top of my head, and too lazy to look, but I'm pretty sure this (or something very similart to this) is the case. Not looking good for the Nuggets if that contract is not paid by insurance...


Yeah, Jontay Porter who was popular among many had problems. Memphis finally waived him in the summer. I think he could have been like a Boris Diaw type if healthy.
User avatar
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
Posts: 26,555
And1: 14,879
Joined: Oct 16, 2007
Location: Australia

Re: Around the NBA 2021-22 

Post#123 » by lilfishi22 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:10 am

Bogyo wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Wasn't his back the same problem he had in college that kept him out a long time and his whole first season and part of 2nd?

Just got a max....wow.

Yeah it was. I think there are pretty significant incentives in his contract so it's not all guaranteed but still is a big amount


Plus I believe one or two of his siblings also had this problem while they were playing competitive (ncaa?) sports.
It's one sister playing basketball (or volleyball?) and maybe a brother too... Just off the top of my head, and too lazy to look, but I'm pretty sure this (or something very similart to this) is the case. Not looking good for the Nuggets if that contract is not paid by insurance...

His younger brother Jontay Porter was a pretty good prospect too, I remember liking him after his freshman year but he blew out his MCL and ACL before his sophomore season. But you're right, both their sisters were medically retired. Their whole family just fragile.
alamin330 wrote:This draft reminds me of the 2003 draft.
Lebron - Zion, Barrett like Melo, wade like Culver, garland like tj ford, hunter like bosh, white like Barbosa, Clarke like David West. I think this draft is actually going to be deeper though
Bogyo
Starter
Posts: 2,264
And1: 1,331
Joined: Jul 29, 2013

Re: Around the NBA 2021-22 

Post#124 » by Bogyo » Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:14 am

^^ Yeah, these. Thanks guys. So Nuggs are just dumbdumb if they didn't put a ton of playing incentives and two tons of insurance on this contract. Heck, if they insured it right, they could make money off of it :D
Saberestar
RealGM
Posts: 15,349
And1: 10,853
Joined: May 21, 2010

Re: Around the NBA 2021-22 

Post#125 » by Saberestar » Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:11 am

Bledsoe is playing like he is 40 years old.
User avatar
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 79,013
And1: 46,888
Joined: Feb 06, 2009
Location: Austin
Contact:
   

Re: Around the NBA 2021-22 

Post#126 » by bwgood77 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:47 am

Read on Twitter
Bogyo
Starter
Posts: 2,264
And1: 1,331
Joined: Jul 29, 2013

Re: Around the NBA 2021-22 

Post#127 » by Bogyo » Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:07 am

Saberestar wrote:Bledsoe is playing like he is 40 years old.


He is done. Shooting like 25% from 3. His on-off numbers are about the worst in the whole league. That's another level of suckage - if he didn't have the name recognition and the contract he would not play a minute.
He don't wanna be here, and here equals the NBA now.
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
Posts: 22,706
And1: 7,880
Joined: May 13, 2011
     

Re: Around the NBA 2021-22 

Post#128 » by SunsRback4Good » Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:18 am

Looking at the standings I had to chuckle at blazers home vs road record. They're currently 10-10 (.500). But what is hilarious they are 9-1 @ home while 1-9 on the road. Talk about disparity, eh?
Image
Bogyo
Starter
Posts: 2,264
And1: 1,331
Joined: Jul 29, 2013

Re: Around the NBA 2021-22 

Post#129 » by Bogyo » Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:48 am

SunsRback4Good wrote:Looking at the standings I had to chuckle at blazers home vs road record. They're currently 10-10 (.500). But what is hilarious they are 9-1 @ home while 1-9 on the road. Talk about disparity, eh?


Yeah, I chucled at that too. There must be something in the water there.
(Or Oshley is really creative with some other stuff... deflate-gate? :D )
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
Posts: 22,706
And1: 7,880
Joined: May 13, 2011
     

Re: Around the NBA 2021-22 

Post#130 » by SunsRback4Good » Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:16 am

Bogyo wrote:
SunsRback4Good wrote:Looking at the standings I had to chuckle at blazers home vs road record. They're currently 10-10 (.500). But what is hilarious they are 9-1 @ home while 1-9 on the road. Talk about disparity, eh?


Yeah, I chucled at that too. There must be something in the water there.
(Or Oshley is really creative with some other stuff... deflate-gate? :D )


True, somethings definitely fishy in their waters along with Nuggets and Jazz.. Seems like those three teams usually perform great at home. Nuggets (high altitude) :o
Image
Revived
RealGM
Posts: 29,264
And1: 14,452
Joined: Feb 17, 2011

Re: Around the NBA 2021-22 

Post#131 » by Revived » Today 3:02 am

Read on Twitter


Wild stat line.
User avatar
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
Posts: 26,555
And1: 14,879
Joined: Oct 16, 2007
Location: Australia

Re: Around the NBA 2021-22 

Post#132 » by lilfishi22 » Today 3:27 am

Guys like Robinson makes Bridge's extension look like a bargain
alamin330 wrote:This draft reminds me of the 2003 draft.
Lebron - Zion, Barrett like Melo, wade like Culver, garland like tj ford, hunter like bosh, white like Barbosa, Clarke like David West. I think this draft is actually going to be deeper though
Bogyo
Starter
Posts: 2,264
And1: 1,331
Joined: Jul 29, 2013

Re: Around the NBA 2021-22 

Post#133 » by Bogyo » Today 6:27 am

lilfishi22 wrote:Guys like Robinson makes Bridge's extension look like a bargain


Yup, if nothing changes Bridges contract will be one of the best contracts in the league. If his offense gets even a tiny bit better, then it's hands down the best contract in the league.
That was a good one by JJ - but it takes two to tango, if Mikal was saying he is only taking a max becouse of his potential and his DPOY possibilities we wouldn't be here.
Bogyo
Starter
Posts: 2,264
And1: 1,331
Joined: Jul 29, 2013

Re: Around the NBA 2021-22 

Post#134 » by Bogyo » Today 8:17 pm

One thing I've always felt strongly about and voiced here: Zion will not have a long career playing basketball with that body.
https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/264897/Zion-Williamson-Has-Setback-In-Rehab-From-Foot-Surgery
User avatar
phx#7
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,724
And1: 999
Joined: Jun 28, 2002
Location: Colbert Nation

Re: Around the NBA 2021-22 

Post#135 » by phx#7 » Today 8:22 pm

lilfishi22 wrote:Guys like Robinson makes Bridge's extension look like a bargain


Even in a vacuum I thought it was a bargain. I was surprised it was under 100m, and thought he might get closer to 120m if he were on the open market.
User avatar
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 79,013
And1: 46,888
Joined: Feb 06, 2009
Location: Austin
Contact:
   

Re: Around the NBA 2021-22 

Post#136 » by bwgood77 » Today 8:26 pm

Read on Twitter
ImNotMcDiSwear
Head Coach
Posts: 7,412
And1: 5,203
Joined: Dec 14, 2013
 

Re: Around the NBA 2021-22 

Post#137 » by ImNotMcDiSwear » 52 minutes ago

Revived wrote:
Read on Twitter


Wild stat line.


Pretty sure Robinson's contract was the reason Shamet's was as high as it was. Spot shooters who aren't huge negatives on defense are highly valued. So far, Duncan's having a terrible season, and Shamet's just been ok - certainly not worth $10 mil per. Though clearly, we paid a premium to have those team options.
User avatar
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
Posts: 26,555
And1: 14,879
Joined: Oct 16, 2007
Location: Australia

Re: Around the NBA 2021-22 

Post#138 » by lilfishi22 » 3 minutes ago

phx#7 wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:Guys like Robinson makes Bridge's extensioYn look like a bargain


Even in a vacuum I thought it was a bargain. I was surprised it was under 100m, and thought he might get closer to 120m if he were on the open market.

Yeah I was expecting it to be well north of $100m. So for it to be under $100m at the max length we reasonably could offer, it's amazing
alamin330 wrote:This draft reminds me of the 2003 draft.
Lebron - Zion, Barrett like Melo, wade like Culver, garland like tj ford, hunter like bosh, white like Barbosa, Clarke like David West. I think this draft is actually going to be deeper though

Return to Phoenix Suns