ImageImageImage

Around the NBA 2021-22

Moderators: bwgood77, Kerrsed, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Bogyo
Starter
Posts: 2,276
And1: 1,340
Joined: Jul 29, 2013

Re: Around the NBA 2021-22 

Post#41 » by Bogyo » Sat Oct 30, 2021 4:05 pm

sunsbg wrote:Craig with great game. Wish they could have found a way to keep him. He's the missing piece in the second unit and we had him. Nader is 11th man.


I think we could have had him under part of the MLE too. Not 100% sure though, maybe it's a couple hundred thousand dollars off... We could definatley have him and Chandler if they both signed for 4.5 mill with us.
User avatar
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 79,098
And1: 46,936
Joined: Feb 06, 2009
Location: Austin
Contact:
   

Re: Around the NBA 2021-22 

Post#42 » by bwgood77 » Sat Oct 30, 2021 7:23 pm

Bogyo wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:Damn, Mo Bamba with a monster game tonight. 14, 18, 5, 3 and 2/5 on 3s.


Nice to see him gettig going after the injuries and the complete missmanagement of those rookies there. Orlando starting lineup is putting up good(ish) numbers so far. Cole Anthony has also been real good so far. Too bad we didn't get him either. I imagine he'd be ready to take over after CP in a year or so.

Mobley and Barnes are still the best rookies out there, nice games tonight as well. Intrigued to see Mobley against us (and how he looks on a btb). Cleveland could be tricky... they could get Simmons for Love and Sexton and a cpl picks - that SexLand backcourt will not really work longterm imho. Then they "only" need to trade Allen for some wing shoothing/defense. Also, Ricky is extreemly helpful there from the bench as the "adult in the room" setting up guys and teaching them the ropes.


If I'm the Sixers I take Allen before Love, even just for a nice backup for Embiid who takes games off and is injury prone. Him plus Sexton is pretty interesting...though Maxey playing well.

Mobley looks awesome. He is in top 2 of both contested 2s and 3s. The only guy that was in top 10 of both was Ayton. He's also putting up great stat lines on occasion, even with some assists and blocks.

Then Barnes is killing it. Raptors fans talking like he is their best player already. Of course we haven't seen Cade yet.
User avatar
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
Posts: 26,604
And1: 14,909
Joined: Oct 16, 2007
Location: Australia

Re: Around the NBA 2021-22 

Post#43 » by lilfishi22 » Sat Oct 30, 2021 11:51 pm

Bogyo wrote:
sunsbg wrote:Craig with great game. Wish they could have found a way to keep him. He's the missing piece in the second unit and we had him. Nader is 11th man.


I think we could have had him under part of the MLE too. Not 100% sure though, maybe it's a couple hundred thousand dollars off... We could definatley have him and Chandler if they both signed for 4.5 mill with us.

I made the argument that Nader was about 80% the player Craig is for about half the price. But that 20% really goes a long way. While Nader can hit the 3, defend fairly well and can get to the rim but Craig's ability to defend bigs and be a small ball 5 was pretty invaluable.
alamin330 wrote:This draft reminds me of the 2003 draft.
Lebron - Zion, Barrett like Melo, wade like Culver, garland like tj ford, hunter like bosh, white like Barbosa, Clarke like David West. I think this draft is actually going to be deeper though
Mulhollanddrive
RealGM
Posts: 10,000
And1: 6,612
Joined: Jan 19, 2013

Re: Around the NBA 2021-22 

Post#44 » by Mulhollanddrive » Sun Oct 31, 2021 4:27 am

It's amazing how teams are so much better without Oubre.

GSW couldn't make playoffs are now top 2 seed.
Bogyo
Starter
Posts: 2,276
And1: 1,340
Joined: Jul 29, 2013

Re: Around the NBA 2021-22 

Post#45 » by Bogyo » Sun Oct 31, 2021 6:27 am

Mulhollanddrive wrote:It's amazing how teams are so much better without Oubre.

GSW couldn't make playoffs are now top 2 seed.


Lol :D
There is some truth to it. He is a reckless player, and a bit of a one-trick-pony.
Best thing for him and his career would be if he became a Clarkson-type 6th man for somebody to do the one trick he is good at.
Good thing we did not pay him all the money he wanted.
And I actually like the guy, the Valley Boyz was fun (even though a bit gimmicky for me, but I'm a grumpy old fart).
User avatar
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 79,098
And1: 46,936
Joined: Feb 06, 2009
Location: Austin
Contact:
   

Re: Around the NBA 2021-22 

Post#46 » by bwgood77 » Sun Oct 31, 2021 7:43 pm

Bogyo wrote:
Mulhollanddrive wrote:It's amazing how teams are so much better without Oubre.

GSW couldn't make playoffs are now top 2 seed.


Lol :D
There is some truth to it. He is a reckless player, and a bit of a one-trick-pony.
Best thing for him and his career would be if he became a Clarkson-type 6th man for somebody to do the one trick he is good at.
Good thing we did not pay him all the money he wanted.
And I actually like the guy, the Valley Boyz was fun (even though a bit gimmicky for me, but I'm a grumpy old fart).


Charlotte is better with him. They key is not to start him (as many of us wanted when here). Charlotte got off to a good start, but then started losing when they started him. He can't take shots away from other main guys...like Miles Bridges, Rozier, LaMelo, Hayward, etc. Someone must have been injured though.

They really got blown out though.

Warriors got a lot better after they brought him off the bench or he was out.
Bogyo
Starter
Posts: 2,276
And1: 1,340
Joined: Jul 29, 2013

Re: Around the NBA 2021-22 

Post#47 » by Bogyo » Tue Nov 2, 2021 6:20 am

Portland full team just got beat by Philly - without Embiid, Harris and Green (like half of the game). And ofcourse Simmons.
Not sure wassup there either, but this trade deadline could be one of the busyest in memory. A lot of players and contracts are just waiting to be moved...
User avatar
darealjuice
Suns Forum Future All Star
Posts: 6,071
And1: 7,831
Joined: Apr 22, 2016
Location: Phoenix
   

Re: Around the NBA 2021-22 

Post#48 » by darealjuice » Tue Nov 2, 2021 3:50 pm

Magic have been an entertaining, young, bad team this season. Cole Anthony has been really good offensively, Bamba is suddenly playing 30 minutes a game and draining 3s, Wagner is off to a strong start to his rookie career, and Suggs obviously has a ton of upside. Carter Jr has stepped in well at PF in Isaac's absence, although I'm sure they'll be glad to have him back whenever that happens. Watching upside guys like Hampton and Okeke try to figure it out will be interesting too. They're pretty obvious tank candidates, I can't imagine Terrance Ross is on that roster past the trade deadline.
RunDogGun
No Sham, More Cam
Posts: 15,101
And1: 3,929
Joined: Jun 27, 2009
Location: Beyond the Sun
       

Re: Around the NBA 2021-22 

Post#49 » by RunDogGun » Wed Nov 3, 2021 1:22 am

bwgood77 wrote:
Bogyo wrote:
Mulhollanddrive wrote:It's amazing how teams are so much better without Oubre.

GSW couldn't make playoffs are now top 2 seed.


Lol :D
There is some truth to it. He is a reckless player, and a bit of a one-trick-pony.
Best thing for him and his career would be if he became a Clarkson-type 6th man for somebody to do the one trick he is good at.
Good thing we did not pay him all the money he wanted.
And I actually like the guy, the Valley Boyz was fun (even though a bit gimmicky for me, but I'm a grumpy old fart).


Charlotte is better with him. They key is not to start him (as many of us wanted when here). Charlotte got off to a good start, but then started losing when they started him. He can't take shots away from other main guys...like Miles Bridges, Rozier, LaMelo, Hayward, etc. Someone must have been injured though.

They really got blown out though.

Warriors got a lot better after they brought him off the bench or he was out.
Oubre was part of our best starting lineup. It wasn't a matter of what us fans wanted, it was a matter of the best lineup starting the game. If Johnson would have been ready to start, which at the start of that season through Feb, he wasn't, then there could have been an argument not to start Oubre on the Suns back then. At the time, Saric made us way too slow starting at the PF.
User avatar
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 79,098
And1: 46,936
Joined: Feb 06, 2009
Location: Austin
Contact:
   

Re: Around the NBA 2021-22 

Post#50 » by bwgood77 » Wed Nov 3, 2021 2:22 am

RunDogGun wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Bogyo wrote:
Lol :D
There is some truth to it. He is a reckless player, and a bit of a one-trick-pony.
Best thing for him and his career would be if he became a Clarkson-type 6th man for somebody to do the one trick he is good at.
Good thing we did not pay him all the money he wanted.
And I actually like the guy, the Valley Boyz was fun (even though a bit gimmicky for me, but I'm a grumpy old fart).


Charlotte is better with him. They key is not to start him (as many of us wanted when here). Charlotte got off to a good start, but then started losing when they started him. He can't take shots away from other main guys...like Miles Bridges, Rozier, LaMelo, Hayward, etc. Someone must have been injured though.

They really got blown out though.

Warriors got a lot better after they brought him off the bench or he was out.
Oubre was part of our best starting lineup. It wasn't a matter of what us fans wanted, it was a matter of the best lineup starting the game. If Johnson would have been ready to start, which at the start of that season through Feb, he wasn't, then there could have been an argument not to start Oubre on the Suns back then. At the time, Saric made us way too slow starting at the PF.


Yeah, he made our terrible team better as a starter but of course once he was out for the bubble and traded, we got considerably better and finally in the playoff hunt.
Bogyo
Starter
Posts: 2,276
And1: 1,340
Joined: Jul 29, 2013

Re: Around the NBA 2021-22 

Post#51 » by Bogyo » Wed Nov 3, 2021 6:10 am

RunDogGun wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Bogyo wrote:
Lol :D
There is some truth to it. He is a reckless player, and a bit of a one-trick-pony.
Best thing for him and his career would be if he became a Clarkson-type 6th man for somebody to do the one trick he is good at.
Good thing we did not pay him all the money he wanted.
And I actually like the guy, the Valley Boyz was fun (even though a bit gimmicky for me, but I'm a grumpy old fart).


Charlotte is better with him. They key is not to start him (as many of us wanted when here). Charlotte got off to a good start, but then started losing when they started him. He can't take shots away from other main guys...like Miles Bridges, Rozier, LaMelo, Hayward, etc. Someone must have been injured though.

They really got blown out though.

Warriors got a lot better after they brought him off the bench or he was out.
Oubre was part of our best starting lineup. It wasn't a matter of what us fans wanted, it was a matter of the best lineup starting the game. If Johnson would have been ready to start, which at the start of that season through Feb, he wasn't, then there could have been an argument not to start Oubre on the Suns back then. At the time, Saric made us way too slow starting at the PF.


The Thunder would also be better if he started there. Point is: Kelly is a really good role player, full of heart, hustle, never giving up and overall good vibes. But if he is a "good" starter on your team then you don't have a very good team.
sunsbg
Veteran
Posts: 2,566
And1: 1,813
Joined: Feb 29, 2016

Re: Around the NBA 2021-22 

Post#52 » by sunsbg » Wed Nov 3, 2021 6:13 pm

This post made me look at MPJ's numbers. Max player. :lol:

https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2134836&p=94524582#p94523667

Also another thread about how much more skilled are players today, though you can hardly find a young star wing shooting more than 30% from 3, was the reason for my comment a few posts further. Can't believe how bad are all those guys at 3pt shooting, including Booker.
User avatar
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
Posts: 26,604
And1: 14,909
Joined: Oct 16, 2007
Location: Australia

Re: Around the NBA 2021-22 

Post#53 » by lilfishi22 » Wed Nov 3, 2021 11:14 pm

I haven't watched enough games to really point to this but I wonder how much the refs allowing tougher defense pretty much on all areas of the court have impacted shooters. Whereas before the refs would make a call if you're even within an arms length of a shooter (assuming you're one of the anointed ones like Harden), defenders now appear to be able to get much closer while very light contact just isn't being called. I feel like at the very least, it's affecting the rhythm of shooters.
alamin330 wrote:This draft reminds me of the 2003 draft.
Lebron - Zion, Barrett like Melo, wade like Culver, garland like tj ford, hunter like bosh, white like Barbosa, Clarke like David West. I think this draft is actually going to be deeper though
User avatar
darealjuice
Suns Forum Future All Star
Posts: 6,071
And1: 7,831
Joined: Apr 22, 2016
Location: Phoenix
   

Re: Around the NBA 2021-22 

Post#54 » by darealjuice » Wed Nov 3, 2021 11:38 pm

I'm sure the primary reason that scoring has been down is because defenses have been allowed to play more physical and there's been less fouls called when the offense initiates contact. Changing the ball probably plays a small part, but adjustment for that shouldn't be too difficult. I've enjoyed this season so far though, the way the game was being officiated was too favorable for the offense. I'd love to see the NBA get rid of rip through fouls and take fouls to stop fastbreaks next.
Revived
RealGM
Posts: 29,278
And1: 14,465
Joined: Feb 17, 2011

Re: Around the NBA 2021-22 

Post#55 » by Revived » Thu Nov 4, 2021 3:02 pm

Warriors look like their back to being a contender. They have new guys take turns going off each game and Curry is the consistent one. Then they get Klay back shortly and it’s gonna be trouble for rest of the league imo.
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
Posts: 22,759
And1: 7,913
Joined: May 13, 2011
     

Re: Around the NBA 2021-22 

Post#56 » by SunsRback4Good » Thu Nov 4, 2021 3:08 pm

Revived wrote:Warriors look like their back to being a contender. They have new guys take turns going off each game and Curry is the consistent one. Then they get Klay back shortly and it’s gonna be trouble for rest of the league imo.


Not even close. As soon as they lost Livingston, Barbosa and a younger Iguodala it was pretty much over. Nobody knows what kind of player Klay will be once he comes back after nearly 2 years off. Don't get me wrong they are still good but highly unlikely they make WCF/NBA finals in next 2-3 years.
Image
User avatar
darealjuice
Suns Forum Future All Star
Posts: 6,071
And1: 7,831
Joined: Apr 22, 2016
Location: Phoenix
   

Re: Around the NBA 2021-22 

Post#57 » by darealjuice » Thu Nov 4, 2021 5:41 pm

I still want to see more from the Warriors before calling them contenders. They're playing good basketball, but they haven't really played anyone yet either. I'd be surprised if they didn't make the playoffs though.
Bogyo
Starter
Posts: 2,276
And1: 1,340
Joined: Jul 29, 2013

Re: Around the NBA 2021-22 

Post#58 » by Bogyo » Sat Nov 6, 2021 6:40 am

darealjuice wrote:I still want to see more from the Warriors before calling them contenders. They're playing good basketball, but they haven't really played anyone yet either. I'd be surprised if they didn't make the playoffs though.


Also, I want to see them with Klay and Wiseman back, and how they do like that. I think if Klay is good they could go for an all-in type trade, as their young guys are too young, but if Klay is good they would definatley have a good chance by adding 1-2 veterans instead of the youngsters who will not get (enough) playing time. Wiseman+Wiggins+Moody for Siakam+Dragic works in the trade machine... Haven't checked the scheduled returns for any of the injured guys, but the trade kinda makes sense for both teams. Toronto has no real big, and their guards who can shoot are not big enough, plus there aren't too many of them. Plus they are young, doing good without injured Siakam, and DNP-CD-ing Dragic.
Warriors could go back to their smallball-C ways with Siakam, and get a really useful playmaker off the bench (no PG after Curry there), who is also an expiring. They don't need Wiggins when Klay is back and they have Poole and Porter too. Wiseman is not ready, and Moody also can't play with that many good guys ahead of him in the lineup at the wing. Balance it out with draft picks and fillers as you wish...
Revived
RealGM
Posts: 29,278
And1: 14,465
Joined: Feb 17, 2011

Re: Around the NBA 2021-22 

Post#59 » by Revived » Sat Nov 6, 2021 7:43 pm

Read on Twitter
matt131
Analyst
Posts: 3,299
And1: 3,036
Joined: Jun 19, 2014
   

Re: Around the NBA 2021-22 

Post#60 » by matt131 » Sat Nov 6, 2021 10:12 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Everyone misses shots but dang this is funny to me

Return to Phoenix Suns